• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
Today's picture made me realize how good Kirby and Olimar are looking in HD. And that's a plus for me. Olimar's a personal favorite character, and I love the Kirby series, in general.

In Nintendo Direct-related news, I find it a little strange that they'd announce a generally hidden Smash character before launch, not to mention this early into development. I wonder if this means that we'll get a new character page sometime today.
Are you telling me you want two reveals in one day? People are so greedy! I knew Luigi was going to be in, but Iwata confirming him makes me feel all tingly inside.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Blame it on the Year of Luigi. If Luigi doesn't get an accompanying update on the site later today, I'd still hazard a guess that he's unlockable, but it really could go either way at this point.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Blame it on the Year of Luigi. If Luigi doesn't get an accompanying update on the site later today, I'd still hazard a guess that he's unlockable, but it really could go either way at this point.
Aaaand nevermind....

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
I tuned in when they were half way through with Professor Layton. I'll rewatch and screencap those Luigi pics if they aren't up by then.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
that leaves the next question

I wonder how luigi is going to be unlocked this time its clear hes going to be unlockable again

ps this helps a rumor and that's R.O.B will be confirmed in december

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
Are you telling me you want two reveals in one day? People are so greedy! I knew Luigi was going to be in, but Iwata confirming him makes me feel all tingly inside.
...No, that's not what I meant. I think you have misunderstood me. I guess it is my fault, I should've explained better. What I MEANT to say was I wonder if we'll get a new character page FOR LUIGI. I'd been checking the site, at that point, and nothing was coming up. I was wondering if they were just going to leave it at "Here are some screenshots!", which, I would've been okay with.

Believe me, I'd prefer the characters get posted decently spread apart from each other. It helps us savor the little things when we aren't bombarded with a ton of announcements. I mean, I'm overjoyed that we got a new stage AND a veteran character consecutively!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
that leaves the next question

I wonder how luigi is going to be unlocked this time its clear hes going to be unlockable again

ps this helps a rumor and that's R.O.B will be confirmed in december
Dude, Morbid's "rumor" was a joke, to take a piss on the lame "leakers," R.O.B won't be revealed until the game's release most likely. Plus, Luigi might aswell be a starter, just like CF and Ness were in Melee.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
...No, that's not what I meant. I think you have misunderstood me. I guess it is my fault, I should've explained better. What I MEANT to say was I wonder if we'll get a new character page FOR LUIGI. I'd been checking the site, at that point, and nothing was coming up. I was wondering if they were just going to leave it at "Here are some screenshots!", which, I would've been okay with.

Believe me, I'd prefer the characters get posted decently spread apart from each other. It helps us savor the little things when we aren't bombarded with a ton of announcements. I mean, I'm overjoyed that we got a new stage AND a veteran character consecutively!
Agreed.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Luigi being cofirmed is great and all, but that animal crossing sexy HD plaza. Could this lead to animal crossing Wii U possibly :o

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Luigi being cofirmed is great and all, but that animal crossing sexy HD plaza. Could this lead to animal crossing Wii U possibly :o
We'll probably see an AC Wii U eventually, if only because that series is lucrative as hell, and even though it usually performs better on handhelds, I doubt Nintendo would pass up the opportunity to ride the coattails of New Leaf's success as long as they can.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I love how Sakurai tells us what many have been saying since Melee, cannon size doesn't mean squat in Smash Bros.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I love how Sakurai tells us what many have been saying since Melee, cannon size doesn't mean squat in Smash Bros.
Yeah, unfortunately if the "too-biggers" haven't been deterred yet they likely won't be until Ridley is finally revealed, even with Sakurai dropping all these hints...

And then they'll probably just be mad their logic didn't pan out. :laugh:

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
"A REAL pic of the day--Luigi joins the battle! In prior games, we've never introduced Luigi before release, but why not? This is the 'Year of Luigi,' after all."
- Masahiro Sakurai

Maybe he's hinting Luigi will be unlockable again?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Did he really say a "REAL" pic of the day?

So he aknowledges what a waste of time Olimar and Kirby looking at the screen is? XD

But I gotta say... Pilotwings stage yesterday, and Veteran character Luigi confirmed today... It would have blown my mind on friday when I was originally going to go back and see all the week's pics.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I feel completely stupid. I saw the picture of luigi and said "Sakurai, give us a new character or stage already!" Then, after about 30 seconds, I realized that was a pic of a new character.

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
In the screen shots I didn't see his down B or his grab... Could that mean he has the Poltergust?

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
ONE CHARACTER PER MONTH...

JUNE - WII FIT TRAINER
JULY - PIKMIN & OLIMAR
AUGUST - LUIGI

Need wait next month for new character.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
ONE CHARACTER PER MONTH...

JUNE - WII FIT TRAINER
JULY - PIKMIN & OLIMAR
AUGUST - LUIGI

Need wait next month for new character.
unless theres no special games coming out this month or special events this month we have to wait till September for the next character

ps I think luigi is still unlockable transferring sakurais quote on luigis picture

Sakurais words on luigis pic of the day
A REAL pic of the day--Luigi joins the battle! In prior games, we've never introduced Luigi before release, but why not? This is the "Year of Luigi," after all
that sounds like still unlockable to me and a few other people in the official luigi thread

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
unless theres no special games coming out this month or special events this month we have to wait till September for the next character

ps I think luigi is still unlockable transferring sakurais quote on luigis picture

Sakurais words on luigis pic of the day
A REAL pic of the day--Luigi joins the battle! In prior games, we've never introduced Luigi before release, but why not? This is the "Year of Luigi," after all
that sounds like still unlockable to me and a few other people in the official luigi thread
They could just reveal a character with no new games coming soon (aka Ness, Lucas, MetaKnight, King Dedede) and Sakurai is only mentioning the announcement time of Luigi, not his unlockable status.

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
Welp, I'm happy. Not like they'd take him out anyways, but still, it's relief to hear he's on the roster again. GO WEEGEE!

D

Deleted member

Seeing Luigi in Smash Bros. 4 made my day. The first pic was "meh", but seeing Luigi in action at last was more than enough to get me hyped even more! I knew he was going to be in it, I didn't expect that they would announce him this early.

GO LUIGI! THE GREEN FIRE THUNDER SHALL STRIKE WITH HEAT LIGHTNING!

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Yeah, unfortunately if the "too-biggers" haven't been deterred yet they likely won't be until Ridley is finally revealed, even with Sakurai dropping all these hints...

And then they'll probably just be mad their logic didn't pan out. :laugh:

what hints? I'm curious.

off topic: And since when did yew become a mod?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm not wholly convinced yet that it's only going to be one character a month until the game releases. Maybe it'll be that way for this year but there's still so many people left that have a decent shot at coming back and being in the starting roster that one a month would be way too slow of a pace unless 1. the game isn't coming out until late next year or 2. they cut a ton of people. From the way I see it, Yoshi, a Fire Emblem rep, a Mother rep, another Pokemon rep, Wario, King Dedede, Zelda, Sheik, Diddy Kong, Ice Climbers, Peach, Metaknight, and ZSS are pretty much locks for the starting roster and this doesn't even include potential newcomers so at some point the dam will have to break.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Nah, even as big a Ridley supporter as I am I don't really take the Olimar & Kirby picture as a hint towards Ridley, for all we know Sakurai probably doesn't even know about the "too big" hilarity since Ridley's support is primarily outside of Japan, he's probably only looked at polls from over here and not much more. However, it's still a nod to how little size matters in a Nintendo Spin-Off series, which a lot of people seem to forget.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Nah, even as big a Ridley supporter as I am I don't really take the Olimar & Kirby picture as a hint towards Ridley, for all we know Sakurai probably doesn't even know about the "too big" hilarity since Ridley's support is primarily outside of Japan, he's probably only looked at polls from over here and not much more. However, it's still a nod to how little size matters in a Nintendo Spin-Off series, which a lot of people seem to forget.

Did I miss something?
Because I got nothing out of that Kirby and Olimar pic. Did Sakurai mention something about their sizes on Miiverse?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Did I miss something?
Because I got nothing out of that Kirby and Olimar pic. Did Sakurai mention something about their sizes on Miiverse?
"Pic of the day. Two that are actually not so tall. Kirby's about 8 inches high, Captain Olimar maybe a little over an inch."

And people went way overboard with that simple statement.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Leave it to Smash fans to cause a huge uproar over some ambiguous size comments. Also I distinctly remember the Samus killing Pikmin update was "The fleeting lives of tiny creatures." which felt like a direct call out to Ridley fans/toobigotry.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm not wholly convinced yet that it's only going to be one character a month until the game releases. Maybe it'll be that way for this year but there's still so many people left that have a decent shot at coming back and being in the starting roster that one a month would be way too slow of a pace unless 1. the game isn't coming out until late next year or 2. they cut a ton of people. From the way I see it, Yoshi, a Fire Emblem rep, a Mother rep, another Pokemon rep, Wario, King Dedede, Zelda, Sheik, Diddy Kong, Ice Climbers, Peach, Metaknight, and ZSS are pretty much locks for the starting roster and this doesn't even include potential newcomers so at some point the dam will have to break.
Yeah, the once per month thing will probably only hold true for a little while. If we go by the "character are released when their games are" theory, then Mid-October to Late November is gonna be busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom