• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Sooooo...to talk about today's picture, if the level is like some people think and you fight on a plane or something and today's pick is the background, do you think the background of the level scrolls around to different pilot wing islands? Or maybe it just travels around this one island? Or perhaps it visits places from different pilot wings games, each with appropriate graphics and such?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Sooooo...to talk about today's picture, if the level is like some people think and you fight on a plane or something and today's pick is the background, do you think the background of the level scrolls around to different pilot wing islands? Or maybe it just travels around this one island? Or perhaps it visits places from different pilot wings games, each with appropriate graphics and such?
So we'd go to the USA and see Mt. (Mario/Wario) Rushmore?

acekidgravity

Smash Cadet
I'm more excited for the Nintendo Direct tomorrow than I am for the screenshot of the day...
I know Nintendo said it was going to focus on games coming out this year, but I just have this FEELING that they might throw Smash fans a bone...

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I hope the new stage transitions from SNES to N64 while we fight on a biplane. Wuhu Island can cameo in the background during the trip. (Wuhu Island should be it's own separate stage)

SNES Island to Holiday Island. (Pilotwings 64)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm more excited for the Nintendo Direct tomorrow than I am for the screenshot of the day...
I know Nintendo said it was going to focus on games coming out this year, but I just have this FEELING that they might throw Smash fans a bone...
I hope so, but I don't expect it.

Though, I hope they at least show gameplay.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Meh, when I said I don't want to talk about this anymore I meant it, but when I always get responses that's hard. Well at least it isn't about the stage stuff.

[collapse=all of this is my opinion]That about Luigi was more like a joke, but it is kinda true. I know they are different colors of pink lol. And I already said why I see them as very similar. And those are things nobody can deny. When I said she was a clone I was thinking of those things. I know their differences, I'm not blind, and I know a lot about them in game as well.
Like I said, I don't want her to be in it, so I don't care.

I'm definitely keeping up with Gen 6 stuff. I've bought a 3DS just because of Pokemon X/Y. Jiggs isn't getting more significant just because it is getting Fairy type (in my eyes, for others: maybe a little). It is still a pre-evo (which I don't like too much, because their evos are almost always stronger), it's stats will still suck *** / Wigglytuffs too, unless they change those.
Jiggs was only significant when it always appeared in the anime. And to be honest it was more annoying than fun.
And to me, she was always irrelevant, in no way iconic, and it still is like that.

People have different opinions, and to me:
-I don't really like her
-she is too much like Kirby (design, jumps)
-she even sucks (in Brawl) to the point where she is useless (competitively) so I won't use her
-and she isn't fun for me
-might've even took Mewtwos spot on the roster (although it's likely that if she didn't make it maybe there would just be one character less, which would be even worse)

So I hope with these opinions of mine you can understand why I don't like her too much.

We all should know that clone characters can easily get added in games when there are time-constraints or just to have more characters. Which is what Jigglypuff is (and probably Luigi too) in Smash 64. They copy/pasted Kirby and changed his textures and moves. You can't really deny this. I know you can make more different stuff out of it and it's also likely that every character is copied from a previous one (who on earth would make every new character from scratch?), but like I said, they are both pink balls and stuff. I also read Mewtwo (and others) were planned for Smash 64, so it's likely they didn't have the time and just added easier, "clone" characters that are very similar.
But to be honest, I didn't really mind her in 64 (I liked her there the most of the Smash games), not even in Melee.

So what Pokemon are relevant?

- Pikachu (mascot)
- Mewtwo (in the new movie)
- Zoroark / Lucario (Lucario is kinda gen 4 mascot and was already in Brawl, and Zoroark also appeared in a somewhat recent movie (would be gen 5 rep))
- maybe something from Pokemon Trainer, like Charizard. pretty iconic (first version ever had him on it) : many fans love this thing : he even makes a return in the anime
- Jiggs (she only has a chance imo because she was in more than one of the previous smash games, I'd never think she'd join if she wasn't in at least 1 before; if they want to advertise the new Fairy type, they could add something better, like... Idk, even Gardevoir would be more interesting; or a brand new Pokemon with the Fairy type (but at this point I'm not so sure they'll reveal anything that would seem significant enough to earn a spot in Smash 4))

So and if there should be more, make something interesting like even Plusle & Minun from the "forbidden seven". Don't they seem interesting? I don't even like these Pokemon, but a duo like that would probably be pretty fun to play as. Like 2 Pikachus being played like ICs? Hell yes. Jigglypuff is just a more maneuverable Kirby with different moves, that takes the spot of possibly (very likely) better Pokemon. <- imo (do I really have to say this in every sentence I write?)
And if there would be another spot for a Pokemon rep, there would be enough of the 700+ I can tell you that I'd like more than her.

I don't mind when people disagree. It's just my opinion that she is boring, and I won't call anyone out on it. So just accept my opinion as well.

I think Jiggs is the only character I wouldn't mind too much not returning to the game, because it gives more space for other Pokemon that I would like more.[/collapse]
You have a good argument. I always wanted Plusle and Minen. They could use different attacks from Pikachu (like helping hand) and gain a buff from being near each other. I wish there was a chance, but gen 3 is out of the question. They would, however, make awesome DLC.

Edit: I want Wuhu Island as a stage SO much. It's my #2 unlikely request, after adding Gooey.

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
Pilotwings, you say?
If you don't know how to work the Pilotwings, check this:

Any theories of how must be?
I think that maybe everyone flies down on Planes and Hangliders untill you get closer to the stage witch becomes more 3d the closer you get to it then the planes crash and now your fighting on the island in a completely different perspective (being on the islannd instead of above) and maybe it eventually changes to 64 Pillot wings and then to PW Resort.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Shame on you for thinking Wuhu Island is an unlikely request.
I bet 5 internet dollars it will be in.
Gooey? In the game? He's been playable once, made a cameo in one of the other original 4 Kirby Games, and MAYBE appeared in the background in Super Star. That's 3-4 games that he's appeared in (the room for error excluding/including Ultra as separate from the original.) He appeared as a trophy in Melee and Brawl, and will certainly again in 4, meaning that 3/6-3/7 games he has (and will) appear(ed) in are SSB. I'm not sure if that's good or bad for his chances, though I'm guessing bad.
You know what? Let's start a petition. Gooey as the first DLC character! Let's make this happen people! lol

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
I just want to point this out because everyone missed it:
So, by that logic, Ganondorf was okay in Melee, but completely useless in Brawl? Okay. I understand.
100% Correct, yet it reeks of sarcasm. Just hilarious.

Anyways.

Didn't somebody say the Nintendo Direct is going to showcase games being released in 2013? Why would they show anything Smash related?

acekidgravity

Smash Cadet
I just want to point this out because everyone missed it:

100% Correct, yet it reeks of sarcasm. Just hilarious.

Anyways.

Didn't somebody say the Nintendo Direct is going to showcase games being released in 2013? Why would they show anything Smash related?

I'm thinking that they might release a character having to do with one of the games just for fun (Wonder Red, a Pokemon Rep, Dixie/K Rool). It seems more logical to me that Nintendo would release newcomers in directs rather than on the website because it's easier to show a trailer and catch people off guard in a Direct. I'm not SUPER hopeful, but I'm not counting it out

acekidgravity

Smash Cadet
I stayed up until 2:30 to see a new smash pic, and it's just not coming. Time to rest now and see if my Nintendo Direct prediction comes true...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Delayed update? Must be a character reveal.

MUST. BE.

I'd wish

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Nearly 5am now. I'm pretty annoyed.
4:30 in Texas right now (I'm an hour behind ya), just woke up and rushed to check the site. Gonna stay up and find the exact moment the site gets updated.I don't think it gets updated til 6 though, or 7 wherever you is.

EDIT: Rechecked at 4:35 and saw the update, I'm starting to wonder if there isn't a specific time or maybe my browser couldn't load it earlier.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Bummer... I was really hoping for at the very least a pic of that pilotwings stage in action...

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
So Kirby's 8 inches tall? And Olimar's less than an inch?
I guess this is one of those trick photos where someone stands really close to a camera to make themselves look as big as something in the background. Ha! Ya almost got me Olimar.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
While I do wish we got a more informative photo than one that has two characters juxtaposed, I must confess that HD really does make both of them look great.

Kirby looking this good gets me hyped for what my beloved Jiggs will look like.

AkashicSword

Yokai
So Kirby's 8 inches tall? And Olimar's less than an inch?
I guess this is one of those trick photos where someone stands really close to a camera to make themselves look as big as something in the background. Ha! Ya almost got me Olimar.
He was comparing Olimar's actual size (Which he isn't for smash games, he is made to be much taller so he can compete), and Kirby's actual size.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Olimar is probably taller than Kirby because his size fits his moveset. Smash is really not to-scale. I believe Samus is 7 feet tall (like 7 foot 11?) without her suit and Mario is like 4 foot eight? Yet Mario is more than half her size. Same with Snake. He's supposed to be like 7 or 6 foot. I believe he's taller than Samus. Correct me if I'm wrong with all that. But I should be close enough.
Ridley still makes no sense to me. Even downsized. Without his ability to fly all over he's not cool at all.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Olimar is probably taller than Kirby because his size fits his moveset. Smash is really not to-scale. I believe Samus is 7 feet tall (like 7 foot 11?) without her suit and Mario is like 4 foot eight? Yet Mario is more than half her size. Same with Snake. He's supposed to be like 7 or 6 foot. I believe he's taller than Samus. Correct me if I'm wrong with all that. But I should be close enough.
Ridley still makes no sense to me. Even downsized. Without his ability to fly all over he's not cool at all.
Samus is not 7 feet tall. Try like 5'9". She'd be as tall as Shaq if she were that tall.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
LOL I actually love that. Good one, DaBlackBowzah.

Definitely regret staying up until 5am because now I am up again 5 hours later to watch the ND. Better be good.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Samus is not 7 feet tall. Try like 5'9". She'd be as tall as Shaq if she were that tall.
yeah like I was about to say "Have you ever checked the official manga before saying that?"
Or played Metroid Prime 1-3 or Other M. Some Space Pirates were technically taller than Samus if their legs weren't always bent in battle.

acekidgravity

Smash Cadet
Oh my gosh I was right about them throwing Smash fans a bone in the Direct....I'M A PROPHET.

But seriously right as I was giving up, suddenly Luigi.

redxparasite

Smash Cadet
Did anyone capture the pics shown at the Nintendo Direct? If you did, you could probably add them to this post. I'm wondering when smashbros.com will add them, along with Luigi being a returning character.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
Today's picture made me realize how good Kirby and Olimar are looking in HD. And that's a plus for me. Olimar's a personal favorite character, and I love the Kirby series, in general.

In Nintendo Direct-related news, I find it a little strange that they'd announce a generally hidden Smash character before launch, not to mention this early into development. I wonder if this means that we'll get a new character page sometime today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom