• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I hope tonight's update is more uplifting than the last four. After three meh updates and one of my top 10 getting deconfirmed, I'd like to see the week end on a decent note.
I'm happy for this week, They're showing new information for Smash Flash 2.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
...Kirby isn't a sword character.

And besides, there's far more characters who fight hand-to-hand or some other method combined than there are of those using swords. You're overreacting just like everyone else who whines about it.

More sword characters is just fine. It's not going to kill anyone.
I was joking because of Final Cutter

And I'm not whining, though I generally don't enjoy fighting sword users compared to other types.

My point was that he said we need more. We simply don't. More can be added without it being excessive, but we don't need more.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I was joking because of Final Cutter

And I'm not whining, though I generally don't enjoy fighting sword users compared to other types.

My point was that he said we need more. We simply don't. More can be added without it being excessive, but we don't need more.
I said you were overreacting, but I didn't say you were "whining".

And you saying we don't need more is just as subjective. On both of your sides it's nothing more than an opinion. He wants more, you don't.

There's no facts in either side of your debate. That's my point.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If you need all of them in the game to be satisfied, which was implied by your "and"s, you have a problem.
This. Looking back on Brawl, I should have been satisfied that I got half of my top ten list (Wario, Diddy, King Dedede, Olimar, and Pit) instead of whining about the other half that I didn't (Geno, Megaman, Krystal, Ridley, and Vaati) for a solid month.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
.... Thinking again... They are right, Ridley is too big... He won´t make it :(, if he does, will look like a joke a Samus against Ridley (Ridley Jr.)... but they should but at least one more from metroid, and the next one more clear is Dark Samus (that knowing the last smash bros... sound like a new semiclone character :( )
I don't see what you're saying here, Ridley looks perfect in comparison to all of the other characters in the picture

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I'm not sure how one manages to screw up my name that badly, but here

These are on scale right? This MIGHT convince me of Ridley's feasibility if it weren't for his big ass disjointed head. If his head were to be attached or his neck shortened or some other scale modification then congratulations on convincing me. I still think he looks like a caricature of himself, kind of like this character on this other game:

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
It's going to be something new. It seems as though Sakurai's done with the joke pics.
The one day, the ONE day I predict something new to be shown, amongst weeks full of pics showcasing brand new content, Sakurai decides to show something irrelevant! Why, Sakurai? Why?! SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
out of everything other argument ive seen regarding smash speculation the size argument is the STUPIDEST one. It really is, I don't even mean for just Ridley either.
I just don't see why you would ever state that it cant be done (resizing) when theres no proof it cant, you know what I mean? either that or a lot of people hate Ridley and use ONE physical quality about him against him. im not even that much of a supporter for him, but man do I find it stupid when someone *seriously* brings it up.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
out of everything other argument ive seen regarding smash speculation the size argument is the STUPIDEST one. It really is, I don't even mean for just Ridley either.
I just don't see why you would ever state that it cant be done (resizing) when theres no proof it cant, you know what I mean? either that or a lot of people hate Ridley and use ONE physical quality about him against him. im not even that much of a supporter for him, but man do I find it stupid when someone *seriously* brings it up.
Because some people think they can't re-size, for one reason or another.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
It's not stupid when clear mean-to-be big characters come to play.

Name one playable character that has been greatly reduced for Smash.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Playable.

Well there you go, a resized playable Groudon would look pathetic, some characters are meant to be and stay as bosses, based on their design only.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Opinion and reality are interchangeable when Too Bigotry comes into play.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
well I can say that Bowser has been "greatly reduced" in every single spin off game hes been in. for the record I don't think Ridley needs to be greatly reduced anyways...thats kinda stretching it. Think of it like this, Bowser and Ridley have more often than not been portrayed as larger than their arch enemies (Mario and Samus) however they amount they differ in size though, changes quite a bit. Both characters have been resized many times and will probably continue too. Im SURE Ridley can be made to fit with the rest of the cast just fine, inless you have NO belief in Sakurai =p

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Playable.

Well there you go, a resized playable Groudon would look pathetic, some characters are meant to be and stay as bosses, based on their design.
Maybe I misspoke a bit.
Look while Ridley is even in my top five (well, more like top 2, the only two I really care about is Megaman and Little Mac), I do realize why people want him in, and I respect that.
What I don't get is the "too big" argument. It just feels like an excuse instead of an actual argument.

No Control

Smash Apprentice
They can put R.O.B. in the game. They can put Charizard in the game. They can put Rosalina & Luma, Ice Climbers, and Olimar w/ Pikmin in the game. They can put bloody IVYSAUR in the game. They can definitely put Ridley in if they want to. It's just a matter of whether they do.

After all the teasing, all the games when people have been disappointed, I honestly think this time they will.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
Well for those playing at home why all of these guys are possibl

Need more sword fighting characters
Again need more sword characters
You're kidding right??

Marth, Ike, Meta Knight, Pit, Link, and Toon Link aren't enough for you? (Kirby gets an honorable mention for his up-B)

Xaltis

Smash Hero
If you need all of them in the game to be satisfied, which was implied by your "and"s, you have a problem.
Oh no, I don't NEED all of them to be in the game. Maybe Lloyd haha. ;)

I already know I'm going to love this game a lot. I'm not ungrateful so no worries. :D

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Playable.

Well there you go, a resized playable Groudon would look pathetic, some characters are meant to be and stay as bosses, based on their design only.

Still seems relatively threatening to me. lol

inb4notofficialdoesn'tcount

Your logic is just plain silly and heavily opinionated, especially considering your example since all Pokemon, even in X and Y, are relatively resized during battle. Gotta have enough room on the screen, after all.

Size doesn't matter. Big things can come in small packages. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. All those other saying.

There's nothing wrong with resizing any kind of boss character. It doesn't subtract from anything at all.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I saw someone mention Ridley being the "Sentinel" of this game, and I think that'd be an awesome idea.

For an example of how big he is compared to a normal character.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/

Still seems relatively threatening to me. lol

inb4notofficialdoesn'tcount

Your logic is just plain silly and heavily opinionated, especially considering your example since all Pokemon, even in X and Y, are relatively resized during battle. Gotta have enough room on the screen, after all.

Size doesn't matter. Big things can come in small packages. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. All those other saying.

There's nothing wrong with resizing any kind of boss character. It doesn't subtract from anything at all.
lol you can't be serious, is this the same model?

Of course it's opinionated, my opinion is: anything meant to be big, will probably look bad when shrunk. Like taking a poisonous mushroom.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
lol you can't be serious, is this the same model?

Don't you guys just love it when people skip over certain parts of your post and then ask a stupid question after completely missing the point you were trying to make?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I edited the post so you might wanna check on that. You opened your post saying how that Groudon looked good, enough said lol. That video pretty much proves it doesn't, and if you think it does and doesn't subtract ANYTHING at all... oh well, to each his own.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
I saw someone mention Ridley being the "Sentinel" of this game, and I think that'd be an awesome idea.

For an example of how big he is compared to a normal character.
What about the wings? Having a giant character with 5 jumps will kinda be OP, then again, they could probably balance it out by making Ridley not be able to grab ledges.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
CLEARLY ALL OF THOSE CHARACTERS ARE THE EXACT SAME, BECAUSE THEY ALL USE SWORDS!

:rolleyes:
Woops, missed this one somehow.

I didn't say they were the same (except Link and TL, and, too a much lesser extent Marth and Ike).

The other guy said we need more characters that use swords, because they use swords. All I was saying was that we don't have so few that we need more (though that doesn't mean we need to not have anymore either).

Is it really that hard to understand?

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
What about the wings? Having a giant character with 5 jumps will kinda be OP, then again, they could probably balance it out by making Ridley not be able to grab ledges.
Simple, make his jumps horrifically short like Charizard.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
That pic with all the characters posing from the side proves that Ridley's not too big and he has never been, he looks MUCH BIGGER than Samus and yet still falls whithin Bowser's size limits because he's always hunching over. If we see it, then Sakurai, with all of his game-making experience should be able to see it too.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Ridley's match entrance consists of him eating a bunch of poison mushrooms and shrinking to match the opponent's size.

Here, problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom