• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
I know I'm late to saying this but I had no idea Ashley had such a following...

I'm a bit afraid that Smashboards, Miiverse, and Gamefaqs will implode one after another once Ridley is revealed to be a stage hazard in the Pyrosphere.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
10-13 newcomers is a pretty good amount of newcomers, I mean, let's see who has made it and who will probably get in:
Megaman, WFT, Villager, Rosalina and Megaman. so far.
Ridley, King K. Rool, Dixie, Palutena, Little Mac, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo(if considered newcomer), Bandana, Mach Rider, Takamaru are the ones with the most decent chances. So things like Ashley, yeah sad and all but people were really expecting her to be in before the guys above?
Well for those playing at home why all of these guys are possibl

Ridley
  1. well this is going to take a while theres so much proof proving he can shrink down a little bit.
  2. A few miiverse pictures tease characters sizes a bit.
  3. Its looking good on ridley left already on the pyrosphere stage (not being a stage hazard.)
  4. he's the only offical character left.
  5. And the most request by fans and sakurai will look in the fans eyes a little bit.

King k rool
  1. he's the main villian in donkey kong country. Very highly request.
  2. They might find a deal with Rae so he can get in.
  3. Very requested by fans
  4. Smash needs more villian he fits the bill.
  5. Might not get confirmed for DKCTF but can still get a direct or E3
Dixie
  1. She's a DK character need more of those
  2. She can present for DKCTF because she's playable in that.
  3. In the rumor with Ashley she could be paired with diddy kong
  4. And was mean't for smash bros brawl

Paluntena
  1. First of all kid Icarus character so could fill spots
  2. She has weapons like pit
  3. She is not to big compared to her in brawl
  4. Sakurai owns this series
  5. And very requested character

Little Mac
  1. The arena stage has a ton of evidence of being a punch out based arena
  2. Was a assist trophy in brawl
  3. Snakes codec thing could be transfer with doc Louis to mac so another codec thing
  4. Probably the second most request character
  5. And finally both retro and unquie moveset
Isaac

Well besides assist trophy I don't know enough about Isaac for reasons of how hes possible sorry to offend a couple of guys (I will edit this when I see some stuff on why he could be confirmed)

Shulk
  1. He would be the first second party character
  2. Sakurai took a picture of shulks sword in a music room on twitter so hints he might be interested in shulk
  3. Need more sword fighting characters
  4. Very very requested character
Mewtwo ( this might take a while)
  1. Mewtwo was suppose to be in all super smash bros games
  2. There was practically an angry mob about mewtwo being kicked in brawl
  3. He's back on top with the 3rd movie (even thoug had a female voice) and more importantly pokemon x and y and soon z
  4. Sakurai said they were considering mewtwo
  5. Mewtwo and Charizard are the only ones with 2 mega forms
  6. Mewtwo is the most popular pokemon of all time
  7. And remember no reveal for x and y I don't think it was because of being too popular I think it was supose to be mewtwo revealed for that but game freak (well not exactly but) banned sakurai to reveal any pokemon for smash bros at that time.
Bandana dee (note if dedede throws these guys again hes toast)
  1. Bandana dee is playable in a kirby game for the wii
  2. Probably the captain of the waddle dees
  3. If confirmed he would 100% complete all main kirby characters for smash bros series
  4. And again sakurai owns the kirby series
Mach rider
  1. Sakurai consider this character for melee
  2. Unlike the balloon fighter he can still become playable
  3. He's would get in the same way captain falcon got playable in 64
  4. He has a gun so he could have some moves without his bike (and probably has more guns than that)
  5. And more requested than you think
Takamaru
  1. Again need more sword characters
  2. He's would be added to the retro characters
  3. Fits the east vs the west stuff
  4. Japan exclusive but white a bit of west wants him as well
  5. Murasame Castle might help out of him being playable
    Last but not least would be the first samurai/ninja character

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
March 21 for Japan.

You were saying?
I like this photo but i think Ridley can be even bigger. His wings could stay the same but just enlarge everything else and I'd say he was perfect. Wouldn't complain about that Ridley though.

I scrolled through miiverse this morning and there are less jokes and more support than anything concerning Ridley. Good or bad Ridley is such a hot topic on Miiverse. If Sakurai is to be believed and they do read every comment, we'll have some explanation regarding Ridley whether he's in or out.

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
To everyone wondering why Ridley missed the call of assembly to the Big Guys Gang shot today... I think a see a little purple in the plane propeller???

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Honesty, even though Ridley on my top 10 list for those I want to see, I kind of wish they would reveal his role and stop the random day to day converstations about it or seeking out random information in things where no information exists.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
.... Thinking again... They are right, Ridley is too big... He won´t make it :(, if he does, will look like a joke a Samus against Ridley (Ridley Jr.)... but they should but at least one more from metroid, and the next one more clear is Dark Samus (that knowing the last smash bros... sound like a new semiclone character :( )
How the hell is Ridley too big? Honestly?

Here is a good size comparison between Ridley and Samus, both redux and the original. From the looks of things, Ridley is a little wide with the wings, but those can be changed. Ganondorf is WAAAAAYYYY bigger than Link and yet he was sized down.

EDIT: Angelglory's Ridley is probably the best proportional fighter model that I know of. If someone could post it, I would appreciate it.

Last edited:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Well he did say her role, which implies he was talking about American Godzilla, since that's the only female one as far as I'm aware.
Godzilla movies have been pretty weird on the explanation of its gender. Here's a snip-it that'll better explain (from a Godzilla forum, in a discussion about the new movie).

Godzilla has never been given a definitive gender. In fact, it's been ambiguous throughout the entire history of the character. Because the character is masculine in what it does and how it looks, Godzilla has been referred to as male. However, the only confirmed gender that Godzilla has ever received was in the 1998 version when he was confirmed male by Broderick while having the ability to reproduce asexually.

So we don't know if Godzilla will be male or female in this movie. In all likelihood, the character will be referred to as male but not confirmed. How do you confirm the gender of a Kaiju without any genitals? You can't. Again, Godzilla will likely be referred to as male, but there has been no confirmation on its true gender.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
How the hell is Ridley too big? Honestly?

Here is a good size comparison between Ridley and Samus, both redux and the original. From the looks of things, Ridley is a little wide with the wings, but those can be changed. Ganondorf is WAAAAAYYYY bigger than Link and yet he was sized down.

EDIT: Angel_Glory's Ridley is probably the best proportional fighter model that I know of. If someone could post it, I would appreciate it.
It's ok dude, people have made this argument numerous times. Anyone still complaining that Ridley is too big or can't be scaled down is quite simply......********.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's ok dude, people have made this argument numerous times. Anyone still complaining that Ridley is too big or can't be scaled down is quite simply......********.
Certainly. It's not like they haven't done it.
Olimar is a good example...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Lol it's just an added underscore man.
No, it's an underscore with a capital G. That could easily be a completely different person.

You should both be arrested sent off for rehabilitation.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Certainly. It's not like they haven't done it.
Olimar is a good example...
I personally don't think characters like olimar and kirby are good examples. In Kirby's games, there are absolutely no indications that kirby isn't the size he is in smash, with you only being informed of his inherent tiny size. Olimar is less of this case due to "artifacts" in the second games being gigantic mundane objects, but otherwise both characters appear reasonably sized. That's why they fit well in smash, because even though they're small, they appeared in their games in a similar scale to the other characters. That's also why things like bulborbs appear gigantic in brawl, even though they're only big compared to Olimar due to the scale of the game.

Big characters on the other hand, are inherently big compared to other characters in the same game. For example, Donkey Kong and Bowser are gigantic compared to Mario, and even though Bowser's size may vary, he always makes Mario look small next to him. I'm not saying that downsizing big characters isn't possible, or even a hard thing to do, i'm just saying that it's a completely different business from upsizing characters that are in reality small, but don't appear to be in their games. Size in smash bros has always been slightly skewed, regardless. The cast would in reality be wildly different if actual size was used instead of them being all scaled to appear similarly sized.

tl;dr small characters don't appear small in their games, but big characters appear big. That's why i don't think they should be compared in size arguments.

Last edited:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Wait...Dedede is too big in this picture! He's supposed to be small, like 8 inch Kirby! The fact that he's not ruins his character!
Ouch...
:teeth:

I'd like a Battle revolution stage that really showed what the WiiU is capable of.
AKA
I want this stage, if only because very few stages have any depth to their backgrounds, and none (iir) have a foreground of any sort.
Bandana dee (note if dedede throws these guys again hes toast)
  1. Bandana dee is playable in a kirby game for the wii
  2. Probably the captain of the waddle dees
  3. If confirmed he would 100% complete all main kirby characters for smash bros series
  4. And again sakurai owns the kirby series

Takamaru
  1. Again need more sword characters
No.
The whole Bandana Dee = normal Waddle Dee thing is stupid. I'm not a big supporter of him, but he clearly has a character, unlike normal WDs (see Revenge of the King, Final Boss background), and can actually attack, unlike any other WD. They even made a new copy ability for him.
I also want to point out that he is more of a minor character, though every character who is more "main" than he is an antagonist. (Daroach plz)
Also, Kirby is a property of HAL, not Sora

And yeah... Clearly we need more sword characters.
:link2::metaknight::ike::toonlink::marth::pit::kirby: are not enough...

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
No.
The whole Bandana Dee = normal Waddle Dee thing is stupid. I'm not a big supporter of him, but he clearly has a character, unlike normal WDs (see Revenge of the King, Final Boss background), and can actually attack, unlike any other WD. They even made a new copy ability for him.
I also want to point out that he is more of a minor character, though every character who is more "main" than he is an antagonist. (Daroach plz)

Three's enough for me. We already have Kirby, Meta Knight, and DeDeDe...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I want this stage, if only because very few stages have any depth to their backgrounds, and none (iir) have a foreground of any sort.

No.

...Kirby isn't a sword character.

And besides, there's far more characters who fight hand-to-hand or some other method combined than there are of those using swords. You're overreacting just like everyone else who whines about it.

More sword characters is just fine. It's not going to kill anyone.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
...Kirby isn't a sword character.

And besides, there's far more characters who fight hand-to-hand or some other method combined than there are of those using swords. You're overreacting just like everyone else who whines about it.

More sword characters is just fine. It's not going to kill anyone.
Like I said, we already have Kirby, MK, and DDD. Who else do we really need?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Like I said, we already have Kirby, MK, and DDD. Who else do we really need?
What do I care? I'm not talking about that part of the debate. lol

I'd love Bandanna Dee but I don't mind if he isn't there.

But I will say that just because you think that's enough, doesn't mean that it is for other people. Don't try to push that as a fact.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
What do I care? I'm not talking about that part of the debate. lol

I'd love Bandanna Dee but I don't mind if he isn't there.

But I will say that just because you think that's enough, doesn't mean that it is for other people. Don't try to push that as a fact.
I'm just saying there's no reason to add more.
But then again, I thought the same with Mario characters, and look what happened.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
But then again, I thought the same with Mario characters, and look what happened.
And then comes Pokemon, and the six playables who were in Brawl. Of course, three of them are the Pokemon Trainer's, so you're required to switch them with the stamina system being involved.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
In your opinion.

There's always one simple reason anyone has for a character being added. They want them there. That even applies to the dev team and especially Sakurai. Your statement is pretty much invalid, honestly.

Besides, Mario had 4 characters in Brawl, Zelda had 5, Pokemon had 6. The next big franchise after that is Kirby and it only had 3. One more to make it four won't hurt and wouldn't be that big of a shock at all.

Doubly so if you consider that Mario now has 5 characters thanks to Rosalina and Luma.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
And then comes Pokemon, and the six playables who were in Brawl. Of course, three of them are the Pokemon Trainer's, so you're required to switch them with the stamina system being involved.
Who in their right mind thought: "Gee, we have these 3 characters, but how can we make them unique?"
"I know! Let's make a gimmick that forces them to use all 3!" Said no one ever...
You can also swap with "Type effectiveness". Same thing really...

In your opinion.

There's always one simple reason anyone has for a character being added. They want them there. That even applies to the dev team and especially Sakurai. Your statement is pretty much invalid, honestly.

Besides, Mario had 4 characters in Brawl, Zelda had 5, Pokemon had 6. The next big franchise after that is Kirby and it only had 3. One more to make it four won't hurt and wouldn't be that big of a shock at all.

Doubly so if you consider that Mario now has 5 characters thanks to Rosalina and Luma.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom