• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Maybe I'm dense but I didn't realize before that Luma had a completely different moveset. I thought there were a few commands here and there but I didn't put together that it was pretty much its own character entirely. That being said, there should be no issue with programming multicharacter fighters in this game if they can pull this off. This just stands as more evidence that they figured out the issues that the Ice Climbers (and possibly Pokemon Trainer) were suffering from back in June.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Also, I kick *** with Ness AND Zelda, so.
More power to you. A lot of people can't play with those characters. If Rosalina is anything like ice climbers with a awkward (ness like)second jump and a up+B that takes some thought you will start to see the Rosalina avatars start to fall off real quick come launch day. I don't expect everyone on smashboards to be a hardcore smasher and that's understandable. I don't think the casual smashers are prepared to "main" Rosalina off the bat from what looks to be like a setup technical character. Time will tell.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
More power to you. A lot of people can't play with those characters. If Rosalina is anything like ice climbers with a awkward (ness like)second jump and a up+B that takes some thought you will start to see the Rosalina avatars start to fall off real quick come launch day. I don't expect everyone on smashboards to be a hardcore smasher and that's understandable. I don't think the casual smashers are prepared to "main" Rosalina off the bat from what looks to be like a setup technical character. Time will tell.
From what I see, she'll be like Olimar. Not much at first, but when people actually get better with her, her advantages will show. Oh will they show...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well one thing is plausable not talking about today s picture about Rosalinda's Saturn rings as strong up

Its plausable for a character picture next week

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Everyone saying they are going to main Rosalina go right ahead. She looks to be in the speed/weight range of Zelda with attacks as slow as Ness. I can't wait to shove Falcon knees down the throats of "pre Rosalina mains"
- goes for knee
-Luma takes the hit
- throw off edge to spike
- GG

Morbi

Scavenger
Maybe I'm dense but I didn't realize before that Luma had a completely different moveset. I thought there were a few commands here and there but I didn't put together that it was pretty much its own character entirely. That being said, there should be no issue with programming multicharacter fighters in this game if they can pull this off. This just stands as more evidence that they figured out the issues that the Ice Climbers (and possibly Pokemon Trainer) were suffering from back in June.
You aren't dense, you just never spent the time to read her character pages/threads. It is fine though, this update was for people that didn't notice.

I always see the positive where there isn't much to see. That doesn't mean some BS like "oh, I am glad to be getting daily information". However, this pictures marks the end of Dedede's reign. I mean sure, he might have a few more scattered pictures (obviously), but the consecutive Dedede pictures have come to a halt. We can expect something new and exciting soon enough.

NWRL

Smash Ace
Who cares about Peach from Space. All we need to know is what Captain Falcon looks like and if he's as good as he was in Melee. If he's weaker or the same power as in Brawl, I'm gonna skip Smash 4 and stick to P:M

Morbi

Scavenger
Who cares about Peach from Space. All we need to know is what Captain Falcon looks like and if he's as good as he was in Melee. If he's weaker or the same power as in Brawl, I'm gonna skip Smash 4 and stick to P:M
I care about Peach from Space. I don't need to know about Falcon or what he looks like or if he is as good as he was in Melee. I main him, but it doesn't matter, I am going to continue to main him even if he is the same power as Brawl. I didn't start to main Falcon because he was top-tier.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
5 months to go until E3 and with at least one character a month, we're guaranteed at least 4 by that time. Diddy and Yoshi are pretty much locks for February and March, respectively, but who do you suppose April and May's will be? I think Wario's going to come about either for the Japanese release of Mario Party Island Tour or for Mario Kart 8. Given how we've gotten a Direct related reveal every two months, I wouldn't be surprised if we got up to six before E3. As many people have already said, there's still a lot of obvious returning characters so these could easily be filled.

I have to say that I'm ready for less obvious veterans to be revealed. I wasn't surprised by Toon Link's return but apparently a lot of people were but, even with that, he's the only one that wasn't pretty much a lock from the get go. Lucas, PT, and Ike are the ones I think about the most especially since they were all starters last game.

Morbi

Scavenger
5 months to go until E3 and with at least one character a month, we're guaranteed at least 4 by that time. Diddy and Yoshi are pretty much locks for February and March, respectively, but who do you suppose April and May's will be? I think Wario's going to come about either for the Japanese release of Mario Party Island Tour or for Mario Kart 8. Given how we've gotten a Direct related reveal every two months, I wouldn't be surprised if we got up to six before E3. As many people have already said, there's still a lot of obvious returning characters so these could easily be filled.

I have to say that I'm ready for less obvious veterans to be revealed. I wasn't surprised by Toon Link's return but apparently a lot of people were but, even with that, he's the only one that wasn't pretty much a lock from the get go. Lucas, PT, and Ike are the ones I think about the most especially since they were all starters last game.
I want to see Lucas, Pokemon Trainer, and Ike. They are commonly placed on "cut" lists and it would be nice to know that we were incorrect about certain characters. Snake might be another character reveal for March.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I want to see Lucas, Pokemon Trainer, and Ike. They are commonly placed on "cut" lists and it would be nice to know that we were incorrect about certain characters. Snake might be another character reveal for March.
I'd be really sad to see PT cut :(

Charizard as a playable character was literally a dream come true for me.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm pretty sure that PT is going to be back, so I'm not too worried about him (I'm very excited to see how he's going to look in HD though), and I don't care much for Lucas, not even in Mother 3, but I'd be incredibly relieved to see Ike, he's one of my mains and the only character I regularly play that I'm actually worried about.

I would like some less obvious reveals in terms of veterans and some more obvious reveals in terms of newcomers now (let's just see Little Mac already), but alas, we've got a monkey with a cap and a green dinosaur to pass first.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Charizard as a playable character was literally a dream come true for me.
It was a dream for a lot of people. Hell PT in general was a dream come true for anyone who has been a fan of Pokemon since the beginning.

Charizard was the best part ofc but there's just something extra special about actually having Red in the game because of what he represents.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It was a dream for a lot of people. Hell PT in general was a dream come true for anyone who has been a fan of Pokemon since the beginning.

Charizard was the best part ofc but there's just something extra special about actually having Red in the game because of what he represents.
Honestly, I'm surprised we didn't get him sooner.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
I could care less about pokemon trainer. Being 32 I started with magic: the gathering and played it competetively all the way from 13-28. Friends of mine played pokemon but I never owned a pokemon game or cards. I love me some pichu though. His run animation still makes me giggle

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I could care less about pokemon trainer. Being 32 I started with magic: the gathering and played it competetively all the way from 13-28. Friends of mine played pokemon but I never owned a pokemon game or cards. I love me some pichu though. His run animation still makes me giggle
The Pokemon games generally get better wwith age.

The card game....eh. EX kinda killed it.

Also, Pichu's crouch is the best. Truth.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Pretty sure it's all 'you' need to know. There's a big difference in the context.

Morbi

Scavenger

He was a dream character, but I didn't enjoy him. He wasn't executed properly in my opinion. He relied heavily on gimmicks and "uniqueness", Charizard's hit-box is probably the worst in the game. Surprisingly, he was fairly well-balanced as a character.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
He was a dream character, but I didn't enjoy him. He wasn't executed properly in my opinion. He relied heavily on gimmicks and "uniqueness", Charizard's hit-box is probably the worst in the game. Surprisingly, he was fairly well-balanced as a character.
Not to mention how the stamina mechanic and forced switching absolutely destroyed his overall potential, making them the most blatant weaknesses in the game. The problem with PT is that they focused too much on making him a special snowflake instead of a good character.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
To be honest....I would've liked Charizard to be a bit bigger but with the same weight. Weight...weight...Why was Snake so heavy in Brawl sakurai? That beard tho...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
To be honest....I would've liked Charizard to be a bit bigger but with the same weight. Weight...weight...Why was Snake so heavy in Brawl sakurai? That beard tho...
Grenades, RPG, missle launcher, infinite supply of boxes, etc.

Stuff gets heavy, ya know. ¦D

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

I am absolutely possitive your right

And as for E3 100% sure we gets character we want will be revealed at E3 (Mewtwo or king k rool or Ridley or little these are examples but we could get a WTF character just like the wii fit trainer as well.)

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Grenades, RPG, missle launcher, infinite supply of boxes, etc.

Stuff gets heavy, ya know. ¦D
But Snake doesn't feel so heavy in his own games. He feels practically weightless in MGS2.

It's like they try to apply logic to a character, like the amount of gear you have determines your weight (Link and Snake for example), yet they go and say "We made Samus floaty cuz Metroid."

No. You don't make one character feel a certain way because of their game, but make another character feel different from their game. Link doesn't feel ridiculously heavy in Zelda, he shouldn't feel that way in Smash Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom