• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Using the edit button would have helped ;)

And now I legitimately want a Reggie-Like PKMN Trainer who uses three Reggies, with Gigas as the Final Smash.
What if Sakurai did that In response to the petition?
i tried editing, but it wouldn't let me click on anything outside of the edit box itself, so i wouldn't have been able to fit that other reply in there. eh whatever i'll be more conscious of what i will and won't reply to next time

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
i tried editing, but it wouldn't let me click on anything outside of the edit box itself, so i wouldn't have been able to fit that other reply in there. eh whatever i'll be more conscious of what i will and won't reply to next time
Protip:
Hit reply, then copy the script, then hit edit, then paste the script into the edit.

OR, just write [ q u o t e = MopedOfJustice ], or just write @ MopedOfJustice MopedOfJustice

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Dr. alt costumes!?

Probably not. Maybe the viruses are an assist trophy. Could be anything... but probably nothing.
I always liked the idea of, if Dr. Mario was to become his own character, him using viruses from bottles. They'd latch on like Pikmin, and deal more damage to the opponent if hit with a Megavitamin in their color. It's a puzzle-like playstyle: The viruses latch on, use the right pills to get a good combo.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
So, I've noticed that some people have been starting to jump ship on waiting on updates and are simply waiting for the game without spoilers. With this in mind, what are all you guys going to do? Continue to keep up with updates, or avoid spoilers after awhile?

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
So, I've noticed that some people have been starting to jump ship on waiting on updates and are simply waiting for the game without spoilers. With this in mind, what are all you guys going to do? Continue to keep up with updates, or avoid spoilers after awhile?
How much can truly be spoiled by little pictures everyday? It's not like we're being handed tons of info on a platter like Brawl.

The Dojo left nothing to the imagination, and Sakurai knew it. That's why he's taking the current approach. Showing smaller amounts of info overall.

Ultimately, I might hang on til the game releases. But I might reconsider the moment the game has an official date.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
On the day of the Global/Japan release, I'm going to stay off SmashBoards until I unlock every character and most of the stages.

I will by the *****y guide, like I did before, and get a friend to help me out by telling me unlock methods (but not the character) if I finish with everything I can think of that might unlock one.

I will also generally be very careful about YT, since I'm subbed to several Smash channels (including @ Protom Protom )
#EverythingIsBecomeTwitter

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
On the day of the Global/Japan release, I'm going to stay off SmashBoards until I unlock every character and most of the stages.

I will by the *****y guide, like I did before, and get a friend to help me out by telling me unlock methods (but not the character) if I finish with everything I can think of that might unlock one.

I will also generally be very careful about YT, since I'm subbed to several Smash channels (including @ Protom Protom )
#EverythingIsBecomeTwitter
Of course, when the game releases I'm going to be nowhere near the internet for about a week. Trust no one.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
Who cares about Peach from Space. All we need to know is what Captain Falcon looks like and if he's as good as he was in Melee. If he's weaker or the same power as in Brawl, I'm gonna skip Smash 4 and stick to P:M
Let me guess. You never played Super Mario Galaxy? She's in no way, "Peach from Space".

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I enjoy the updates and discussion too much. I'd still be hyped for this game either way, but the pre-game discussion is what makes me the most excited. That being said, I want some newcomers still new. Maybe I'll set a date to leave once we know the release date of the game.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
My plan is that, once the game is released, get on Smashboards and find some reveals early.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
So I'm finally back from my hiatus away from the boards. I feel refreshed. So triple d was revealed. That's cool. Ever since I saw the regular show's episode titled "gut model" I have always thought of DDD like muscleman. I know DDD would make a great gut model for momma magazine :p

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
And let's hope that we don't have another! xD

On a completely different topic, I want Captain Falcon to be closer to his original N64 moveset. More specifically, his up-B with the grab frames that last forever, his Falcon Kick that is the best surprise attack move ever, and him being a good juggler that can end all his combos with a Falcon Punch!

...And the Knee.

Hate to be that guy. But all his moves are basically unchanged, just the crazy knockback was cut down and his Knee sweetspot was made harder to land.

The only way falcon will be 64 falcon is if you give this smash the crazy 64 hitstun, which isn't happening sadly. We still got the melee hitstun I believe. So that means no 64 juggle falcon. More like the hit and run melee falcon.

I do hope they give him the fire kick again, as its a move that differs him from ganondorf, i'd really like to see that back.

And I hope sakurai makes kirby's nair better pls, and adjust his d-air, add dash of priority, and i'll be all set :D

Dragons Kin

Smash Cadet
At some point I will abandon the internet until the game is released. Probably when they start marking the characters as spoilers (If they mark characters as spoilers like they did with the brawl dojo). I want to be surprised when I play the game.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Hate to be that guy. But all his moves are basically unchanged, just the crazy knockback was cut down and his Knee sweetspot was made harder to land.

The only way falcon will be 64 falcon is if you give this smash the crazy 64 hitstun, which isn't happening sadly. We still got the melee hitstun I believe. So that means no 64 juggle falcon. More like the hit and run melee falcon.

I do hope they give him the fire kick again, as its a move that differs him from ganondorf, i'd really like to see that back.

And I hope sakurai makes kirby's nair better pls, and adjust his d-air, add dash of priority, and i'll be all set :D
Sakurai improve Kirby? You're more naive than that guy Wave was berating.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Sakurai improve Kirby? You're more naive than that guy Wave was berating.
So I'm not allowed to be hopeful? okay.

I just don't wanna see that melee kirby ever again. Even if he improves the brawl kirby one by a little bit, i'll still be excited, if he's worse i'll be mad, sure i'll still main him, but i'm gonna have to break my fingers off for just 1 stock just like I did with him in melee....

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
So I'm not allowed to be hopeful? okay.

I just don't wanna see that melee kirby ever again. Even if he improves the brawl kirby one by a little bit, i'll still be excited, if he's worse i'll be mad, sure i'll still main him, but i'm gonna have to break my fingers off for just 1 stock just like I did with him in melee....
Honestly, the way he's designed, I sometimes doubt that Sakurai ever played a Kirby game.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'm not capable of just not giving a crap while knowing that a new info about my most anticipated game of the year and probably of the generation is one mouse click away from me.

So no, checking the website will be one of the first ****ing things I'll do every day till this obnoxious piece of **** of a game is out.

Honestly, the way he's designed, I sometimes doubt that Sakurai ever played a Kirby game.

Last edited by a moderator:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Well if he made him exactly like the way he is in a kirby game, he'll be OP. That's why. He can't copy every move, or shoot out stars at every opportunity. Sorry dude. (Though I'd welcome an overpowered kirby)

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Well if he made him exactly like the way he is in a kirby game, he'll be OP. That's why. He can't copy every move, or shoot out stars at every opportunity. Sorry dude. (Though I'd welcome an overpowered kirby)
Absorbing grabbable items and being able to shoot them back out (unless he has a copy ability) is the first thing they should have given him. It wouldn't be OP, but it'd give him a great match-up against Peach, Link and Mega Man.

Coming from the guy who wants Kirby to inhale and spit out items.

:awesome:
It's much easier and simpler than changing/buffing his moves, but I never say in my sig "it will happen" or "here's a support thread for it" or "Sakurai will ever improve a Kirby character."

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Absorbing grabbable items and being able to shoot them back out (unless he has a copy ability) is the first thing they should have given him. It wouldn't be OP, but it'd give him a great match-up against Peach, Link and Mega Man.
How would absorbing items work? If he absorbs a motion sensor bomb, does his NeautralB be laying on the ground until someone steps on him and he explodes?

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
How would absorbing items work? If he absorbs a motion sensor bomb, does his NeautralB be laying on the ground until someone steps on him and he explodes?
I said "and being able to shoot them back out."
Hypothetically speaking, though, every explosive would give him Bomb Kirby, save for the smart bomb, which would be a nerfed Crash.
But again: "Absorbing grabbable items and being able to shoot them back out"
I can probably find a gif/diagram of that too, if you need explaining like Vintage and superyoshiom.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
How can Kirby spit out stuff when he's absorbed a power? Unless you mean suck up, in that case, kinda bad word choice there.

Also, I'm pretty sure absorbing powers will be the same as it was with the previous 3 smash games.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
How can Kirby spit out stuff when he's absorbed a power? Unless you mean suck up, in that case, kinda bad word choice there.

Also, I'm pretty sure absorbing powers will be the same as it was with the previous 3 smash games.
Holy ****.
Ok, there actually isn't a viable diagram here, but I'll do my best:

Q:
How can Kirby spit out stuff when he's absorbed a power?.
A:
Absorbing grabbable items and being able to shoot them back out (unless he has a copy ability)
Q:
A:
Absorbing grabbable items and being able to shoot them back out (unless he has a copy ability)
Q:
A:
It's much easier and simpler than changing/buffing his moves, but I never say in my sig "it will happen" or "here's a support thread for it" or "Sakurai will ever improve a Kirby character."

I would like to point out that every "A:" is from the same post, that post being the one that you responded to originally.

Sorry, I just came to the thread now, didn't know you were joking :/
Sure, kinda silly, but whatever. iz all guud brah

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
As a competitive player, my mindset is that knowledge is a powerful ally. While the knowledge we're gaining from these reveals is fairly trivial in the long run, every bit helps as a leg up on day one. The day the game comes out, it will really be a balancing act between using the internet to learn about stuff and putting in playtime to discover stuff directly; taking more than a day to unlock everything important is a huge disadvantage since all that extra time wasted not having stuff unlocked is time others are pulling ahead of you, but you don't want to spend those precious early days reading forums about others' experiences in the early metagame too much when you could help yourself more by playing and building something yourself.

As per spoilers, I don't really take the idea of being spoiled for a fighting game all that seriously. It's not like this game is going to have a plot worth caring about or anything...

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I enjoy the updates and discussion too much. I'd still be hyped for this game either way, but the pre-game discussion is what makes me the most excited. That being said, I want some newcomers still new. Maybe I'll set a date to leave once we know the release date of the game.
Kind of where I stand as well, the discussion is just too damn intriguing... and an oh-so-excellent way to procrastinate, lol. Once a date is given however, I'll try to restrain myself. Overall, I'm happy with how Sakurai is dealing with the updates; they're informative enough to give us an idea, but not over the top like Brawl's were.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Holy ****.
Ok, there actually isn't a viable diagram here, but I'll do my best:
I would like to point out that every "A:" is from the same post, that post being the one that you responded to originally.
Ya know, I have the perfect diagram for this, but I don't think it would be accepted by Smashboards mods.

I was confused. That's in no way to treat me like I'm ****ing mental

When I asked how absorbing items would work, you said that he could spit them out too, and that made me confused, because there was absolutely no reason why it should've been mentioned as I never criticized it.

I said the thing about the copy ability because you mentioned the possibility
Hypothetically speaking, though, every explosive would give him Bomb Kirby, save for the smart bomb, which would be a nerfed Crash.
You countered my argument, so I decided to counter that, and instead of countering mine again, you hide behind a quote. gg Good Game.

Also, I don't get how bolding and underlining "and" solves a question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom