• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Pic of the day. Rosalina and Luma's attacks are very different. This screencap shows Rosalina producing a Saturnian ring for her strong up attack.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Interesting. I was wondering why Sakurai gave Rosalina rings. Like Saturn... seems legit...

I wonder who is stronger.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
We've already seen this, but it hasn't been explained. Looks as if though Rosalina and Luma perform their attacks synced together. And no, that doesn't mean they completely correlate to the Ice Climbers.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I guess Rosalina & Luma fits more than Pikmin & Olimar, as both Rosalina and the Luma seem to be participating equally. (if Rosalina has a Luma summoned)

Then again, so do the Pikmin in a way, although it's Olimar who throws them and swings them around for his smash and air attacks.

From what Im seeing, Luma looks like a powerhouse compared to Rosalina
Not sure, Rosa's down air attack with the Saturn ring looked like a powerful and long-ranged meteor smash in the reveal trailer.

----

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
More like confirmed their Up Tilts.

Seems like Sakurai is following the pattern of highlighting portions of a character's moveset. If it is a bit redundant, its nice to see him give them the spotlight on their attacks. You know what I would kill to see confirmed? Kirby Hats!

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
More like confirmed their Up Tilts.

Seems like Sakurai is following the pattern of highlighting portions of a character's moveset. If it is a bit redundant, its nice to see him give them the spotlight on their attacks. You know what I would kill to see confirmed? Kirby Hats!
Your signature... 0.O

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Given how mysterious Rosalina still is, all new info on her is welcome. I'd chalk this one up as a good picture; it clearly establishes what this move is, and it gives us a little more confirmation how she works.

yeahhh it's nothing again, :( just when things were speeding up
This isn't nothing, it's fresh information about a characters attacks. I honestly get much more excited about character move data than anything because it gives you insight on the game and character play styles. These pictures create thought provoking questions: How does this move function when seperated? Does the Saturn ring have a hitbox? Can this move only be done when met under certain conditions (such as DK having a Down-B that only functions when on the ground)

Then again I'm a fighting game player so I guess I'm biased. Either way, be glad you're getting something. There is no other game director in the industry that provides new information on the on a daily basis.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well after taking me 3 tries to realize the forum part of SmashBOARDS hadn't disappeared, I think this week is gonna be a quiet one but I hope we get something like a stage element explained or a new look at one of the stages that only appeared once. We still don't know much about the Find Mii or Animal Crossing new leaf stages.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
So, two different Strong Attacks today. Rosalina's Halo and the Luma's Shoryuken. And both will have different attacks.

So... exactly like Carl Clover and his Sister?

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
"Pic of the day. Rosalina and Luma's attacks are very different. This screencap shows Rosalina producing a Saturnian ring for her strong up attack."

Mr. Saturn confirmed :troll:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
So, two different Strong Attacks today. Rosalina's Halo and the Luma's Shoryuken. And both will have different attacks.

So... exactly like Carl Clover and his Sister?
Not exactly. Nirvana has her own set of attacks with their own commands, though it's possible to make her and Carl attack simultaneously by overlapping commands(but it's also possible for them to attack separately). Here it seems it's just one command that causes both Rosalina and the Luma to attack simultaneously. If that makes any sense.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Not exactly. Nirvana has her own set of attacks with their own commands, though it's possible to make her and Carl attack simultaneously by overlapping commands(but it's also possible for them to attack separately). Here it seems it's just one command that causes both Rosalina and the Luma to attack simultaneously. If that makes any sense.
I have seen players controls two smashers with one Wavebird. It makes sense to me.

The next question is do they strike in unison, or is there a delay?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So you're telling me not only can Rosalina attack people with galaxies, she can now smash people with Sarurn's rings.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I guess Rosalina & Luma fits more than Pikmin & Olimar, as both Rosalina and the Luma seem to be participating equally. (if Rosalina has a Luma summoned)

Then again, so do the Pikmin in a way, although it's Olimar who throws them and swings them around for his smash and air attacks.

Not sure, Rosa's down air attack with the Saturn ring looked like a powerful and long-ranged meteor smash in the reveal trailer.

----
Unlike Olimar, Rosalina doesn't necessarily need to have a Luma with her, since even without it, she's able to utilize her attacks without any issues. But the Luma does enable her to offer more attack options, especially when approaching. Olimar needs his Pikmin, or else a lot of his attacks are rendered useless.

Similarly, the Ice Climbers must stick together, or else they'll be less effective in combat.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Everyone saying they are going to main Rosalina go right ahead. She looks to be in the speed/weight range of Zelda with attacks as slow as Ness. I can't wait to shove Falcon knees down the throats of "pre Rosalina mains"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom