• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
It is the special lighting on the Galaxy stage. Look how it is the deep red at the darkest part-
I'm sorry but Mario didn't turn pink when we saw him on the galaxy stage and Jet Hammers light isn't that bright. We see in the other jet hammer pic...

Well it doesn't really hide his red at all!

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Huh, I must say, Sakurai is losing his touch. He's getting a bit more predictable, albeit not much. Really like the new expressions D3 has. Actually makes him feel like the king jackass that he was, rather than some happy go lucky penguin with a hammer.

I'm sorry but Mario didn't turn pink when we saw him on the galaxy stage and Jet Hammers light isn't that bright. We see in the other jet hammer pic...

Well it doesn't really hide his red at all!
I know it's about Dedede, but Fox just stole the show. That fire is god damn beastly. We all know Sakurai has been watching Dragon Ball Z for inspiration.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This isn't Sakurai being predictable, this is Nintendo being predictable. Sakurai is the guy who starts all his trailers as bait-and-switches and picks characters like WFT. He's as unpredictable as ever, maybe even moreso. Nintendo are likely the ones who want characters revealed when they can help turn a profit, Sakurai probably just gives it the ok.

Shroob

Sup?
This isn't Sakurai being predictable, this is Nintendo being predictable. Sakurai is the guy who starts all his trailers as bait-and-switches and picks characters like WFT. He's as unpredictable as ever, maybe even moreso. Nintendo are likely the ones who want characters revealed when they can help turn a profit, Sakurai probably just gives it the ok.
Once Diddy comes out though, everything is out the window. There's no big games coming out after Tropical Freeze, is there?

Shroob

Sup?
Mario Kart 8 and Yoshi's New Island both should come out by the end of April and Mario Party: Island Tour comes out in Japan in March.
Well, Yoshi in April seems good, though March seems difficult to gauge who would be a reveal. Perhaps we'll get a Marth-like reveal?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Once Diddy comes out though, everything is out the window. There's no big games coming out after Tropical Freeze, is there?
Well I was just referring to when there is a game with potential for a tie-in reveal, but yeah, when there isn't an upcoming game a character can promote, or for some reason the opportunity to promote a game isn't taken (like with X&Y) then the reveal is probably at Sakurai's discretion, unless he has another company like GF or a third-party to deal with.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well, Yoshi in April seems good, though March seems difficult to gauge who would be a reveal. Perhaps we'll get a Marth-like reveal?
A newcomer in March would be swell.

Another option would be Zero Suit Samus, since Metroid: Zero Mission has its 10th year anniversary that month.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I know I'm still in a so-called "emo" hiatus from debate and haven't seen most updates since Rainbow Road-one but just coming here to say that Dedede has never looked so much like himself from the games. Just look at dat mischievous, happy-go-lucky and show-off king we all love

I dunno, must be the eyes. Also makes me think of his look from Kirby TV:

Have to admit though this screenshot nailed Dedede for me as the new fave:

You know , the more I see veterans, the more I’m starting to notice how much BETTER SSB4 is looking and doing justice to the characters in the series in means of expressions and personality

I mean good freaking GOD they have never been so INCHARACTER than they were before to their games, it makes me look forward to see all the veterans, you know

It’s really going to bring that rather toony feel to Smash since 64 and also it’s going to feel truly like we’re going to see Nintendo collide with it’s characters.

Aanyway, Horsetail, out

(SWEATDROPLETS)

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Going to have to agree. The expressions have really been toned up in this game to a good level. It almost makes me want to look for all those quirky animations when the game's released, just to see what's in there.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Question time.

Why exactly was DEDEDE so likely to be revealed today? I mean, why not Metaknight?
Everything pointed at Dedede for some reason beyond my knowledge.
Is Dedede more important to the series than MK?

Sweet reveal, and I agree with the whole facial expression thing. Can't wait to see more of them.

Shroob

Sup?
Question time.

Why exactly was DEDEDE so likely to be revealed today? I mean, why not Metaknight?

Sweet reveal, and I agree with the whole facial expression thing. Can't wait to see more of them.
To the general knowledge, Meta-Knight doesn't have much of a role if any at all in Kirby: Triple Deluxe while Dedede does.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Question time.

Meta Knight has not been shown in Triple Deluxe yet, as opposed to Dedede who is the game's penguin-in-distress.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Question time.

Dedede is much more important than MK to the Kirby franchise in general, he has only ever missed out on one game in the franchise. Dedede is also playable in Triple Deluxe both in a mini-game and in the main game (probably a post game feature.)

The only reason MK was revealed before him in Brawl was because he was better trailer material and was more popular at the time.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I didn't see any waddle dees in any of the new pics. BANDANA DEE CONFIRMED!!!! I didn't see Sheik. SHEIK DISCONFIRMED!!! I didn't see Ridley. RIDLEY CONFIRMED!!! anyways. We see what we want to see when there's nothing to look at.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Since Rosalina's reveal, I've been on-edge checking the daily pic, due to Zelda reveal and a potential holiday reveal. Now that Dedede has been revealed, I feel that I can rest, and that everything will go back to normal as it's likely the next reveal wont be until mid-Feb. Back to the boring but steady old pic a day.

*takes deep breath*

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Since Rosalina's reveal, I've been on-edge checking the daily pic, due to Zelda reveal and a potential holiday reveal. Now that Dedede has been revealed, I feel that I can rest, and that everything will go back to normal as it's likely the next reveal wont be until mid-Feb. Back to the boring but steady old pic a day.

*takes deep breath*
That's what we said about TL and then we got Sonic the next week. I wouldn't discount the possibility of getting a random reveal before TF.

I just hope Sakurai doesn't go crazy with the Dedede pics on the "throwaway pic" days. Because it's Dedede. And it's Sakurai. *shudders*

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
We're finally getting background colors that aren't green and blue. Progress.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I just hope Sakurai doesn't go crazy with the Dedede pics on the "throwaway pic" days. Because it's Dedede. And it's Sakurai. *shudders*
Better than having it be Luigi.
So we are going to have Dedede's beak be the successor of Luigi's nose now?

Alrighty then! :troll:

Anyway, I haven't really talked much about Dedede himself when he was revealed. I'm happy to see that they have really ramped up the personalities of these characters by making them more expressive this time around. Especially with Dedede and Luigi. Mario and Zelda too who were pretty emotionless in Brawl for my taste. Hope to see Sakurai and his team continue breathing new life onto the characters. :)

Last edited:
I'm gonna be dumb and say, Ridley's next to be revealed as a playable character.

Boom. It's gonna happen. Yipee-ka-yay mother****ers. Let's celebrate.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Dedede looks just as small, squishy and adorable to me as he does in Return to Dreamland and I love it. I just wanna hug the little penguin~ D:

Anywho...Wow. Sakurai did something predictable and something that people actually wanted not only once, but TWICE.

Third time's the charm. Start predicting for next week, fellas~ ¦D

waichingliu81

Smash Cadet
Have to admit though this screenshot nailed Dedede for me as the new fave:

You know , the more I see veterans, the more I’m starting to notice how much BETTER SSB4 is looking and doing justice to the characters in the series in means of expressions and personality

I mean good freaking GOD they have never been so INCHARACTER than they were before to their games, it makes me look forward to see all the veterans, you know

It’s really going to bring that rather toony feel to Smash since 64 and also it’s going to feel truly like we’re going to see Nintendo collide with it’s characters.

Aanyway, Horsetail, out

(SWEATDROPLETS)

I'm really liking the colours - much more bold and colourful on the wii U version moreso than the wii's brawl. brawl was good, but whilst the graphics were excellent, the colours were somewhat drab and grey-ish looking. all the characters look amazing so far.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
He looks like he was taken straight from Kirby Right Back At 'Ya and I LOVE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom