• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
That is definitely Fox's special fall, consistent since at least Melee.

(Also please don't bug Sakurai for chars! He is stressed out about the roster enough already)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
XD This pic is awesome!
Before people start speculating that Fox has a new attack, I believe that is his falling animation after you use his Up Special.
It is, I just felt like saying that.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah. Considering he just said picking characters was stressful for him, lets not bug him about it. Just let the popularity flow.

Either way, the pic is pretty funny.

**** yea, man! Fox is doing a swan dive. Sakurai clearly watches WWF (I don't care it's WWF to me even if it's called the WWE).

Later on in that match he whips out the chair and takes it to Mario's head, but before he can pin him...he's double teamed by Macho Man Randy Savage!!

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Man, I'm really interested in that new Boxing ring stage. Will the ropes just be walls, or do they bounce you off of them? Can you only KO people to the right or left and not down? I would really like to see this stage in action.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Man, I'm really interested in that new Boxing ring stage. Will the ropes just be walls, or do they bounce you off of them? Can you only KO people to the right or left and not down? I would really like to see this stage in action.
Maybe you can fling yourself straight forward while doing an aerial attack that would be fun.

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
Question about the thread title, but I don't think you need to have access to the Miiverse to see these photos. I believe they also get posted to the official Smash website. Though, I like it that you're keeping a running track of all the photos since you can't easily do so via the Smash website.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
I really do not like how the audience looks and rather have them replaced with Waddle Dees. A different background works too.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I really do not like how the audience looks and rather have them replaced with Waddle Dees. A different background works too.
Considering the boxing ring stage may be a Punch-Out!! stage, it actually makes sense.

I think it is explicit that this is not King Dedede's boxing ring.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist

Dangit isn't there a decent set of comparison images somewhere? The people in the background of this punchout stage look and move damn near identically to the wrestling/boxing ring in the next smash bros.

But yeah I'd rather have them replaced with nintendo related characters

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Also....why in the world is Fox falling like that? Is there new falling animations? Or is that some weird animation after an attack?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Yay Pit with that Upperdash Arm in the air! I'm so gonna save that. *insert fangasm moment here*

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
cool to see

i wonder when/if sakurai's gonna show us anything drastically new on miiverse sometime soon

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
cool to see

i wonder when/if sakurai's gonna show us anything drastically new on miiverse sometime soon

I highly doubt it. They probably won't show us things unless its on a nintendo direct.

bobadz

Smash Ace
cool to see

SmashShadow had a theory that Sakurai's gonna show all the characters and confirmed so far, and then show new stuff. (that might be a countdown to a Nintendo direct)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's official. Goodbye, Raptor Boost. You'll be missed.
I don't get why people are comparing the two moves. Don't forget that Pit only does the uppercut, while Falcon dashes and only uppercuts if the move connects.

Also, we don't know how this new move will behave in the air. Raptor Boost in the air sends foes down, while Pit's Upperdash Arm could still send foes upward in the air.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I don't get why people are comparing the two moves. Don't forget that Pit only does the uppercut, while Falcon dashes and only uppercuts if the move connects.

Also, we don't know how this new move will behave in the air. Raptor Boost in the air sends foes down, while Pit's Upperdash Arm could still send foes upward in the air.

They just don't want Pit to be cooler than Falcon with what they consider a Raptor Boost ripoff. D: Regardless, Pit's still amazing.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
They just don't want Pit to be cooler than Falcon with what they consider a Raptor Boost ripoff. D: Regardless, Pit's still amazing.
Well, you DO know posts like that one you just made are flame bait, yes?

Besides, the moves seem different and likely have different properties too, like I mentioned before. I'd like to add that Falcon's Raptor Boost is an upwards punch, while Pit's Upperdash Arm is hitting with a bulky weapon, thus meaning different hitboxes.

Also, both Pit and Falcon are cool, badass characters. :shades:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, you DO know posts like that one you just made are flame bait, yes?

Besides, the moves seem different and likely have different properties too, like I mentioned before. I'd like to add that Falcon's Raptor Boost is an upwards punch, while Pit's Upperdash Arm is hitting with a bulky weapon, thus meaning different hitboxes.

Also, both Pit and Falcon are cool, badass characters. :shades:
Sigh, then I'll fix it soon then... I just have a grudge against the majority of Falcons due to me having a bad history of em, but I will resolve and not escalate things.
Besides, they should relax, as I know that Falcon will stay, being one of the original 12 after all. I am not certain about Ganon though unless they improved his moveset.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sigh, then I'll fix it soon then... I just have a grudge against the majority of Falcons due to me having a bad history of em, but I will resolve and not escalate things.
Besides, they should relax, as I know that Falcon will stay, being one of the original 12 after all. I am not certain about Ganon though unless they improved his moveset.
Well, Ganondorf is likely to return. He's an important character of one of Nintendo's biggest series after all.

I'd like him to have him receive a new, more decloned moveset. I think some moves should stay, like his forward A, up A and side B, since these are unique moves and two of them actually taken from Zelda games.

I actually feel that Ganon may receive a major overhaul, since Sakurai and his team drastically changed Bowser this time around.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, Ganondorf is likely to return. He's an important character of one of Nintendo's biggest series after all.

I'd like him to have him receive a new, more decloned moveset. I think some moves should stay, like his forward A, up A and side B, since these are unique moves and two of them actually taken from Zelda games.

I actually feel that Ganon may receive a major overhaul, since Sakurai and his team drastically changed Bowser this time around.

And consider that the Smash series needs more playable villains. Wario, Wolf, Bowser, and Ganon alone ain't gonna cut it this time.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Then that means 3 true villains. We definitely need more than that in this game.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So, how does this Pit's weapon works in Kid Icarus: Uprising?
The Upperdash Arm is a moderate melee weapon with standard speed and decent, with short-ranged projectiles. It's better suited for melee, but it shines if you land a melee dash attack with it; a one-trick pony if you ask me. The "Melee dash attack" in the game for the Arm weapon class is indeed an uppercut, which is why Smash4 Pit is using it as such. This may as well be a potential kill move that Pit needs.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
So, how does this Pit's weapon works in Kid Icarus: Uprising?
Arms are a more melee orientted weapon class, they give good melee damage without hindering mobility too much, like a cannon or club.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That would take away from it being a Smash-inspired Punch-Out!! Stage, which always has crowds of humans.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
SmashShadow had a theory that Sakurai's gonna show all the characters and confirmed so far, and then show new stuff. (that might be a countdown to a Nintendo direct)

Yeah, so far he's shown a different character every time. He also showed just a stage, so we may have to get through all of those first as well before we see something new.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, so far he's shown a different character every time. He also showed just a stage, so we may have to get through all of those first as well before we see something new.

Yeah. He knows what he's doing and what people want. In general I'd say don't expect the same thing for reveals this time around. The world is different now, and more connected (As Sakurai realized after Brawl) so it doesn't make sense to keep the entire world waiting 6 months for more characters, even returning ones.

D

Deleted member

And consider that the Smash series needs more playable villains. Wario, Wolf, Bowser, and Ganon alone ain't gonna cut it this time.
Black Shadow + Fawful joining would be a pleasant surpirse. Besides, I have a theory that black shadow was supposed to be in melee.

Take a look at the roster below, notice anything out of place?

Every single series has all the playable characters lined up in a row, except the Zelda series. Ganondorf just happens to be a clone of Captain Falcon and has dark looking moves that easily could've been a black shadow moveset. I think that nearing the last few days before they released melee, they realized that the game had 1 villan (bowser) and decided to put in another. The team came up with Ganondorf, Dedede, and Black Shadow, and Black Shadow won the vote because they already had 3 other Zelda reps at that point. Dedede was canned one again due to there being too little time to develop another full moveset. Somewhere along the line, someone must've said that the Zelda franchise was better selling, and Ganondorf was more recognizable by people so they just reskined Black Shadow with Ganondorfs model, and never bothered to change his position on the roster.

Furthermore all clones in melee, are clones of someone else in there respective series.

Pichu = Pikachu
Roy = Marth
Luigi + Dr. Mario = Mario (If you would even call Luigi a clone)
Falco = Fox
Young Link = Link
Ganondorf is the only exception to this, being a clone of Captain Falcon, who is from another series.

This is just a theory however, so don't take it to heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom