• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as we don't have obviously copy and pasted trophies I'm fine. I love trophies especially the ones that let us see old favorites in 3D that we wouldn't have otherwise, but I can do without Paper Wedding Bowser trophy

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
For trophies, I really hope some series like Wario and Kid Icarus won't be under-represented this time.

And will also be done more right for others like Zelda and Donkey Kong.
Wario will most likely be under-represented. Not to mention earthbound.
Looking at this Saria trophy, it looks like her model was directly ripped from Ocarina of Time 3D, And it unfortunately means that trophies will all be from already existing models, like Brawl.
Since Kid Icarus had Uprising, it should be safe and have a decent amount of trophies.

Unfortunately, for series' like Earthbounf and Wario, they don't have any models, and will just have the trophies of whatever characters, assists, items, bosses, and stage hazards are in the game. (Which isn't a lot.)

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Looking at this Saria trophy, it looks like her model was directly ripped from Ocarina of Time 3D, And it unfortunately means that trophies will all be from already existing models, like Brawl.
Since Kid Icarus had Uprising, it should be safe and have a decent amount of trophies.

Unfortunately, for series' like Earthbounf and Wario, they don't have any models, and will just have the trophies of whatever characters, assists, items, bosses, and stage hazards are in the game. (Which isn't a lot.)
But who says just cuse saria is riped right from the oot game doesn't mean all of them will be riped from games , wario and mother could very well get new models made for them.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
But who says just cuse saria is riped right from the oot game doesn't mean all of them will be riped from games , wario and mother could very well get new models made for them.
Yeah, but it just seems that they would make a new Saria model if they were to do a new model for others.

Morbi

Scavenger

How would Earthbound be underrepresented (assuming Lucas returns)? It is on par with Donkey Kong currently. Maybe DK makes up for in songs or stages, but still, Earthbound is doing pretty good compared to some other series.

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
True.
I do hope that Earthbound gets more representation, as I recently realized it is my favorite video game of all time.
I hope we get more misc/random trohipes like melee had , i missed those in brawl , those were a big part of me wanting to lern more about nintendo for as a child i was allways like " Whats a donbe ? , or whos that pink guy made of balls ? , i know there was some randoms in brawl and those were nice but i really want the retro ones to retrun.

D

Deleted member

I just hope that unlocking certain trophies won't be as hard as getting Diskun's… getting al of the bonuses, which includes taking no damage in the single player modes, can prove to be absolutely difficult.

That aside, I am pretty meh on them being back. It's not that I don't want them to return, I just never cared for them.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
How would Earthbound be underrepresented (assuming Lucas returns)? It is on par with Donkey Kong currently. Maybe DK makes up for in songs or stages, but still, Earthbound is doing pretty good compared to some other series.
I meant trophies wise.
Donkey Kong has all the Kong's.
While Mother has Ness, PK Starstorm, Lucas, Lucas' PK Starstorm, Porky, The Franklin Badge, and Jeff.
All of which were in Brawl and not from their own game.

I hope we get more misc/random trohipes like melee had , i missed those in brawl , those were a big part of me wanting to lern more about nintendo for as a child i was allways like " Whats a donbe ? , or whos that pink guy made of balls ? , i know there was some randoms in brawl and those were nice but i really want the retro ones to retrun.
Who is that Pink guy made of balls?
That is the internet my friend! I'll tell you more about it wen you are older.

I don't even care if they have flat sprite of Retro trophies, I just want them.

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
I meant trophies wise.
While Mother has Ness, PK Starstorm, Lucas, Lucas' PK Starstorm, Porky, The Franklin Badge, and Jeff.
All of which were in Brawl and not from their own game.

Who is that Pink guy made of balls?
That is the internet my friend! I'll tell you more about it wen you are older.

I don't even care if they have flat sprite of Retro trophies, I just want them.
Same

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I can't screen cap, but Miiverse continues to be at it's best:

Jona

8 minutes ago

Cool. Different trophies!!! I hope that was a Wind waker and a Reshiram trophy in the Wii u version.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Miiverse was never a source of intelligence anyway. It's a lot like GameFAQs. Anyway, so long as the trophy count doesn't go close to Brawl's I'll be fine with trophies. In this case, more isn't better. I'd prefer if we just get around 300, because going after 544 felt more like a chore to me. Whether it was because of the coin launcher or otherwise.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Miiverse Tho
Even if Pac-Man was indeed Capcom, the reasoning is just priceless.
Simon Belmont wouldn't fit in because we already have Snake! If Snake was out, Simon would be just perfect for Sm4sh, but sadly now he doesn't fit with Nintendo characters.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai took a break because it was the New Year. It wasn't meant to lead up to anything spectacular. He took the break to recuperate, not to get everybody hyped. Quit acting so entitled.
I was with you up until the bolded part above. I never stated, implied, or even thought that I was entitled to anything. I simply made a prediction and was disappointed.

Entitled means that I have a right. Never claimed to have such a thing

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Showin off trophies eh?
I take this to mean that they have finished everything and are now adding in the collectables.
The release date shall be soon!

Unless they have had a separate team working on trophies since the start...

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I honestly think that trophies are a detriment to the game, but people seem to enjoy them for some reason. So I guess it is good that they are coming back.
Even with your logic that assumes it somehow makes other aspects less perfect this makes no sense to me.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
my new years rev is to actually complete all the trophy's in both versions :p

I meant trophies wise.
All of which were in Brawl and not from their own game..

How critically underrepresented Mother was in Brawl can't be understated, and I say that as someone who hasn't played a game in the series. There wasn't even a Ultimate Chimera trophy. Blows my mind.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
How critically underrepresented Mother was in Brawl can't be understated, and I say that as someone who hasn't played a game in the series. There wasn't even a Ultimate Chimera trophy. Blows my mind.
I die a liitle inside everytime i see Brawl trophies, and i'm in Mother/Earthbound section, i mean that franchise has a lot of memorable characters and great enemies design yet we did get practically nothing.

Melee's Earthbound trophy collection was small, yes, but i was more interesting than Brawl's.
Sakurai logic.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I would hate to be the bearer of bad news... but nobody cares about Mother/Earthbound. So they didn't want to waste time developing menial collectibles. :urg:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I just want to get all the trophies, and then pointlessly look at them for about an half-hour. All the while lamenting just how much of a nerd I am.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Team Malon, motha******! the prettiest loli, and waifu! (when adult)

please dont judge, i had to do that.
Oh my god....
I thought I was the only MaLink supporter!!

I would hate to be the bearer of bad news... but nobody cares about Mother/Earthbound. So they didn't want to waste time developing menial collectibles. :urg:
Is that so?
I thought it had a huge cult following to the point were Nintendo actually heard their plea and put the game on the EShop.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
What trophy is that? (Haven't played the game)

Great update though, I like that trophies are returning. (Figured they would but you never know)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Don't worry, there's no lamenting on that, i know a lot of us do just the same, and i'm sure i'll put some extra time on Rosalina, and Palutena trophies.
Yeah...
(Oh no I'm kind like that guy. You know, The one that actually bothers to look at the retro trophies and actually knows where they come from...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom