• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
People actually collected trophies in Brawl?

Also, yay broke 3000. =D

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
3DS trophies will handheld huh?
Game and Watch (the system, not the character) trophies confirmed?

What? Why are you looking at me like that?

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
The main problem with the lottery is that it becomes way more luck-based as your trophy collection grows. The coin launcher actually has you making an effort with collecting new trophies.
Well I always figured that was kinda the point? Like as a last resort to get miscellaneous trophies you couldn't find in the other game modes. I never chose the lottery or coin launcher as the first option to get trophies in either game. And I may just see it differently, but the coin launcher really isn't something that requires more effort as much as it's something you can kill useless time with. If it was like Melee's Snag the Trophies or something it would be different, but it's just a shooting minigame that doesn't even feel like it fits in Smash imo. Even while you're playing the minigame, it's just like, why aren't you playing the actual Smash game instead? I don't know, I guess it's like the slot machines in Pokemon games. I think they couldn't be more pointless, but somebody evidently appreciates them.

Lol ikr? It's a strange concept to me. It was fun in Melee, but just a hassle in Brawl and the coin launcher had a lot to do with that for me.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord

Also, yay broke 3000. =D

Yeah, melee had better trophy collection, that you would actually like to collect, you saw for first time a lot of characters in 3D, while brawl was full of Mario, Kirby, SSE enemies and too much Pokemans, leaving other series with mediocre selections of trophies.

JediLink

Smash Ace
The main problem with the lottery is that it becomes way more luck-based as your trophy collection grows. The coin launcher actually has you making an effort with collecting new trophies.
I think you've got it the wrong way around, sir. The lottery is super quick. Once you get to the last few trophies, just continue to play the awesome game to earn coins, put 50+ in, and you're pretty much guaranteed to get a new one. The coin launcher is equally luck-based in getting the trophy you want to spawn, but there's no way to reliably increase your chances. You just have to wait... and wait... and wait... then when the one you need appears, if you don't actually hit it, you're back at square one. Takes an ungodly amount of time, and coins (which you earn by playing a crappy game instead of an awesome one).

I have all 290 trophies in Melee but I would never even think of attempting the same for Brawl. No way man. Coin launcher is the worst.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
Nice to see trophies return... not sure it was worth losing sleep over, but it is nice to have this thread back. :)

D

Deleted member

Does anybody here think that the playable character trophies should work like they did in Melee? Like having the Classic trophy not be the model from the actual game and make an entirely different one for the trophy, based off their normal appearance, and for All-Star and the supposed Adventure Mode, have them be the Smash models of the characters doing their attacks? Oh, BTW, bring the Trophy Tussle events back plz. :3

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Does anybody here think that the playable character trophies should work like they did in Melee? Like having the Classic trophy not be the model from the actual game and make an entirely different one for the trophy, based off their normal appearance, and for All-Star and the supposed Adventure Mode, have them be the Smash models of the characters doing their attacks? Oh, BTW Sakurai, bring the Trophy Tussle events back plz. :3
Yes.

Just yes. To all of what you said. <3

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Does anybody here think that the playable character trophies should work like they did in Melee? Like having the Classic trophy not be the model from the actual game and make an entirely different one for the trophy, based off their normal appearance, and for All-Star and the supposed Adventure Mode, have them be the Smash models of the characters doing their attacks? Oh, BTW Sakurai, bring the Trophy Tussle events back plz. :3
Classic - Sm4sh model
Adventure - Final Smash
Play 50 matches in multi (I hope All-Stars never shows up again) - Original appearance in the first game they were featured
+ various trophies of the alternate costumes if they are actually included, like the Kirby transformations in Brawl

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Classic - Sm4sh model
Adventure - Final Smash
Play 50 matches in multi (I hope All-Stars never shows up again) - Original appearance in the first game they were featured
+ various trophies of the alternate costumes if they are actually included, like the Kirby transformations in Brawl
...Why would you want All-Star Mode gone? That mode is extremely fun.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
...Why would you want All-Star Mode gone? That mode is extremely fun.
Is it possible you're completely backwards? What happened to you?
Repeating the same matches over and over with 40+ characters is fun? At least Classic had a few variations in it. Brawl's All-Stars was utterly boring.
If it shows up again, I hope it doesn't have unlockables at least.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
In Melee? No.

In Brawl? Definitely.

They kinda lost their charm and novelty.
I don't see the difference. Melee had like one extra trophy for each character, but besides that it's exactly the same, just beefed up in quantity. I personally prefer the Final Smash trophies over the special trophies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think the trophies were a bit lackluster in Brawl, mainly due to them being rips from recently released games. It was not a coincidence that Zelda had mostly content from Twilight Princess and Wind Waker and that Fire Emblem had content from Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

@ Kaye Cruiser Kaye Cruiser : The trophies in Brawl mostly lost their charm because they were mostly rips from GCN and Wii games. In Melee, most trophies were made from scratch and the characters had new models and new visuals.

Using the Fire Emblem series again, I think it would be much more interesting if they made character models of the characters from the 2D games such as Sigurd, Hector or Eirika. For the Wii U version, they could make HD versions of the characters from the Tellius games, for example.

I think the 3DS may be victim of model ripping more than the Wii U version, given the console was released earlier and has more games by now. Saria's trophy looks like it has been ripped from Ocarina of Time 3D. Taking the models directly from games for the same console isn't bad, but limiting the content like what happened with Brawl is.

All in all, we'll have to wait and see...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Is it possible you're completely backwards? What happened to you?
Repeating the same matches over and over with 40+ characters is fun? At least Classic had a few variations in it. Brawl's All-Stars was utterly boring.
If it shows up again, I hope it doesn't have unlockables at least.
It's All-Stars. You expect the fight the same people.

Classic Mode has about the same setup every time as well. Not always the same ones to show up, but still a set layout.

In Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Classic Mode Layout
Level Battle Types Enemies Stages
Level 1 - The Legend of Zelda Team or Normal Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link Bridge of Eldin, Pirate Ship
Level 2 - Yoshi, Donkey Kong (Minor Mario Characters) Giant (2 allies), Team, or Normal Yoshi Yoshi's Island
Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong Rumble Falls, 75m
Level 3 - Pokémon Giant (1 ally), Team, or Normal Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokémon Trainer, Lucario Pokémon Stadium 2, Spear Pillar
Level 4 - Fire Emblem or EarthBound (Originally Japanese-only RPGs)Giant (1 ally), Team, Multi, or Normal Ike, Marth Castle Siege
Lucas, Ness New Pork City
Target Smash!! (same level as the chosen difficulty) N/A N/A Appropriate Target Smash!! map
Level 5 - Kirby Giant (1 ally), Team, Multi, or Normal Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight Halberd
Level 6 - Metroid or Pikmin (Planet explorers)Giant (no allies), Multi, Metal, or Normal Samus/Zero Suit Samus Norfair, Frigate Orpheon
Olimar Distant Planet
Level 7 - Star Fox or F-Zero (Spaceship flyers)Giant (no allies), Team, Multi, Metal, or Normal Fox, Falco, Wolf Lylat Cruise
Captain Falcon Port Town Aero Dive
Level 8 - Super Mario Bros. Giant (no allies), Team, Multi, Metal, or Normal Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser Delfino Plaza, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Circuit, Mushroomy Kingdom
Level 9 - Game & Watch, Kid Icarus, Ice Climber or R.O.B. (Obscure classic characters)Giant (no allies), Multi, Metal, or Normal Mr. Game & Watch Flat Zone 2
Pit Skyworld
Ice Climbers Summit
R.O.B. Mario Bros.
Level 10 - WarioWare, Metal Gear or Sonic the Hedgehog (requested/anticipated characters)Giant (no allies), Multi, Metal or Normal Wario WarioWare, Inc.
Snake Shadow Moses Island
Sonic Green Hill Zone
Target Smash!! (1 level higher, if played on Intense, level 5 again) N/A N/A Appropriate Target Smash!! map
Level 11 - Free for All Free for all with three computers Random Final Destination
Level 12 - Master Hand/Crazy Hand Battle Enemies have stamina based on difficulty selected Master Hand (and, depending on situation, Crazy Hand) Final Destination
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Besides, either way is no different from an Arcade Mode in a fighting game. All-Stars is pretty much like Survival Mode too. I enjoy both of those.

Maybe you're just boring.

@ Kaye Cruiser Kaye Cruiser : The trophies in Brawl mostly lost their charm because they were mostly rips from GCN and Wii games. In Melee, most trophies were made from scratch and the characters had new models and new visuals.

Using the Fire Emblem series again, I think it would be much more interesting if they made character models of the characters from the 2D games such as Sigurd, Hector or Eirika. For the Wii U version, they could make HD versions of the characters from the Tellius games, for example.

I think the 3DS may be victim of model ripping more than the Wii U version, given the console was released earlier and has more games by now. Saria's trophy looks like it has been ripped from Ocarina of Time 3D. Taking the models directly from games for the same console isn't bad, but limiting the content like what happened with Brawl is.

All in all, we'll have to wait and see...
I wouldn't mind if they're made to be a little more like the Idols in Kid Icarus Uprising, honestly. Including them being animated.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Well graphically, the jump from 64 to Gamecube was big so there was no way they could take the easy way out and just rip models from N64 games, especially when they wanted to show the power of the Gamecube. With the Gamecube to Wii jump the graphics really didn't change much at all so I can kinda see why they did what they did with the trophies in Brawl. (I personally blame Subspace.)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I know I'm kinda late, but I just wanted to say, to anyone who prefers the Lottery over the Coin Launcher, I completely agree.

I just spent an hour with it and got nearly four new trophies. I would have got many more if not for those stupid metal orbs. Easily the worst aspect of this game, I really hope they go for something less complex in Ssb4...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
My idea:

Classic Mode gives you the statue of your character in their classic/recent appearance.

[collapse="Such As..."]

[/collapse]

All-Star Mode gives you their Final Smash trophy.

Adventure Mode gives you their Smash appearance trophy.

Everyone is happy.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I know I'm kinda late, but I just wanted to say, to anyone who prefers the Lottery over the Coin Launcher, I completely agree.

I just spent an hour with it and got nearly four new trophies. I would have got many more if not for those stupid metal orbs. Easily the worst aspect of this game, I really hope they go for something less complex in Ssb4...
The idea was very good, the realization bad, like many other aspects in Brawl.
The Lottery was useless, an in-game shop would've made much more sense. People prefer it only because it's easier while the Coin Launcher has to be played for far too long to unlock everything. But if it had more variety and trophies/stickers came out more easily, it would've been nice.

I just hope that the new trophies for the Wii U version will be in glorious HD.
Why shouldn't them LOL?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The idea was very good, the realization bad, like many other aspects in Brawl.
The Lottery was useless, an in-game shop would've made much more sense. People prefer it only because it's easier while the Coin Launcher has to be played for far too long to unlock everything. But if it had more variety and trophies/stickers came out more easily, it would've been nice.
I just think that it takes away from the core gameplay too much. A shop would be nice.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I won't be happy until this thread is closed again.
Saying this while the guy who got the P:M Social Thread closed twice is in here.

Are you trying to ask me for something~? ¦D

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah I'm with Frost, I hope they don't just go and recycle every models again like they did with Brawl, perhaps they should just do both I guess if they want to save some time. Take a model from another game if it exists and make one from scratch if said character or w/e never had a 3D model before.

I'd really like to see characters such as the Wario Ware cast, the Earthbound/Mother trilogy cast,The Mario & Luigi cast and (if by some miracle Professor Layton became playable...) the Original Layton Trilogy cast as trophies in Smash etc. :/

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I just hope they include trophies from all games in a given series and not just the recent ones. Looking at you.\, Zelda and Fire Emblem

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
If they are just ripping models from Wii games they won't be HD.

Also, reply button is fixed with Smashboards update :D
They would be in HD. Being in HD doesn't mean the models get a upped polygon count or anything like that. Just the resolution becomes better for old Wii hardware models.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
People prefer it only because it's easier while the Coin Launcher has to be played for far too long to unlock everything.
Nah man I dig the lottery because of those swanky tunes. By which I mean tune. Am I the only one who loved that music? It was so ordinary and yet somehow too bold for an elevator.

Morbi

Scavenger
I honestly think that trophies are a detriment to the game, but people seem to enjoy them for some reason. So I guess it is good that they are coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom