• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean their ship.
Also I'll try not to go all caps on the littlest things anymore..
Miiverse is rubbing off on me.. D:
Ah it's alright.

I just feel like a PS4 fanboy against the barrage of X1 fans laughing at my bricked consoles. Uhuhuhuhuhuhuh. Kiddin'

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think that at this point, people who still think that Toad will be playable, are in denial. We need to keep in mind that Toad has been stuck in the shadows of his species a lot, and that tends to be a hefty burden on his chances.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Oh, Toad isn't in, how unexpected, oh, oh my god, noes, he was a shoe in. What the heck happened? Sakurai D:

Sarcasm in case of doubt

I think that at this point, people who still think that Toad will be playable, are in denial. We need to keep in mind that Toad has been stuck in the shadows of his species a lot, and that tends to be a hefty burden on his chances.
If that's what you thought regarding why Toad had low chances then you're getting it wrong.

The big hitter is because of how Sakurai looks at him. He's a meat shield in his eyes. It's been like that for 3 games already (Including this one).
Oh, Toad isn't in, how unexpected, oh, oh my god, noes, he was a shoe in. What the heck happened? Sakurai D:

Sarcasm in case of doubt

Thank you

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
The closest thing we're going to get to a playable Toad is a Mii character with a Toad hat.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Look, I adored Super Mario RPG.

I loved Geno.

I support him getting in but...

As far as Mario characters go. We're more likely to get King Boo than him.

King Boo, okay?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Well, so much for Toad... I'm one of the more "civil" Toad supporters, but I guess it's over...

Time to become the world's greatest Waluigi and Geno supporters, then! :awesome:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I actually really want Rosalina or Bowser Jr now if Toad truly is out.

I think seeing as classic Mario is pretty well repped.

Perhaps it's time to have modern Mario repped with a playable character instead of a stage.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Bowser Jr could be pretty fun if he primarily uses his paintbrush instead of just being a mini Bowser clone. That and maybe even give him Shadow Mario as a transformation and you got a pretty unique and fun character.

Pokeking

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
I was so fooled, but then I realized that there was no challenger banner. I still hope that the next Mario rep is Toad (blue), but I have a feeling that the Mario representation is going to be limited to Mario, Luigi's, and Bowser.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You know I know he only has two games to his name, but Luigi's spin-off needs to be more expansive so he can rep it instead.

That way you open up the potential for pretty cool characters. I mean Boo actually would be perfectly viable if you were going from a Luigi spin-off stand point. Seeing as as it is, he's the Bowser to Luigi's Mario.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know I know he only has two games to his name, but Luigi's spin-off needs to be more expansive so he can rep it instead.

That way you open up the potential for pretty cool characters. I mean Boo actually would be perfectly viable if you were going from a Luigi spin-off stand point. Seeing as as it is, he's the Bowser to Luigi's Mario.
Don't you mean King Boo? A generic Boo pretty much won't receive any playable treatments.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
There's always the oh so shocking possibility that we don't get any Mario newcomer, like in Brawl.

If anything, I would have preferred Toad over generic princess number three, tiny Bowser with a paintbrush, and Mario's Game & Watch counterpart.
There's nothing wrong with it how it is, Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser. Plus Yoshi and Wario as the side series guys.

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
-sadface

Oh well. Heres to having Toad wet himself every time someone touches him.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I doubt it. We may get something tomorrow though. Second pics have so far only been reserved for days where there have been Nintendo Directs.
Even though there wasn't a Direct the day Sonic was announced?

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
With Toad's chances more or less biting the dust, I guess we all know whose time it is to shine now...
Shiggity swooty... I'ma comin' for dat booty.
The image is broken for me, but with the line "Shiggity swooty... I'ma comin' for dat booty", I'm forced to assume it's Toadsworth.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I doubt it. We may get something tomorrow though. Second pics have so far only been reserved for days where there have been Nintendo Directs.
I guess your right well i guess no ridley nor little mac reveal yet

So we can see if we are spot on about zelda being confirmed tomorrow

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Could someone tell me why this picture is such a game-changer? I mean we already got to see Peach's neutral B back in September.. Were Toad fans expecting Sakurai to take it out of her moveset in the mean time? Or were they hoping to see Blue Toad come in anyway with Peach's B neutral staying the same? If so, I don't see why today's update is causing such uproar *I is confused*

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Could someone tell me why this picture is such a game-changer? I mean we already got to see Peach's neutral B back in September.. Were Toad fans expecting Sakurai to take it out of her moveset in the mean time? Or were they hoping to see Blue Toad come in anyway with Peach's B neutral staying the same? If so, I don't see why today's update is causing such uproar *I is confused*
They were wanting either of those things. I really dont get it myself. Toad is beyond boring and uninteresting.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Didn't actually see a Direct or anything in that link but...Huh.

Were there two Directs in October or something? Because I do remember watching one but the Sonic reveal wasn't in it at all.
http://www.nintendonews.com/2013/10/nintendo-direct-october-1st-full-details-video-presentation/
^If you want it, full direct is at the bottom of the page, Soinc is at about 8:15 in.
Also lol Nintendo news calls it Smash Bros. Brawl.

Edit-Also the only other direct in October was a Japan only Daigasso! Band Brothers mini direct-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Direct
(I am a linking machine right now!)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
http://www.nintendonews.com/2013/10/nintendo-direct-october-1st-full-details-video-presentation/
^If you want it, full direct is at the bottom of the page, Soinc is at about 8:15 in.
Also lol Nintendo news calls it Smash Bros. Brawl.

Edit-Also the only other direct in October was a Japan only Daigasso! Band Brothers mini direct-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Direct
(I am a linking machine right now!)
I guess that explains it. Not sure how I missed that.

Thanks Kami. Sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom