• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I've only ever played Prime 1, and I didn't really care for it. Maybe because it was too non linear for me.

I should really give the franchise another shot...
I was the same way. Bought prime, played it for a couple hours, brought it back. Didn't really catch my interest. However the graphics were OUTSTANDING!!!

For now my fav shooter for GC will always be Resident Evil 4. Playing the Wii edition right now.

Other M wasn't a lot worse than Skyward Sword, which somehow got 10/10's from the gaming media, even though it was linear as hell, the locations were fairly unmemorable, and the gameplay felt like a downgrade from previous 3D Zelda games.
Funny, bcuz I didn't like that game either.

Still waiting to play WW for the first time. Damn I need a WiiU!

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Funny, bcuz I didn't like that game either.

Still waiting to play WW for the first time. Damn U need a WiiU!

Edit: Aww shiet..
Every series has its black sheep. SS was the first Zelda Ive ever played that I could not stomach to finish simply because of how boring and mundanely frustrating it was. Not because it was hard, but just because it bored me into angry fits lol

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Every series has its black sheep. SS was the first Zelda Ive ever played that I could not stomach to finish simply because of how boring and mundanely frustrating it was. Not because it was hard, but just because it bored me into angry fits lol
Feeling is mutual. Was hyped to get it, then I hit the boring stage within the first 45 minutes or so. Never finished, brought it back.

I feel Wii in general is just a boring as hell platform. I've yet to test the WiiU but it looks legit so far. It also doesn't limit its resolution at a whopping 480p. Gosh Golly those graphics >_>

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Don't bother if that's why you didn't like it. Non-linearity is what the games are about. Fusion was probably the most linear (except Other M), and even then you could basically do what you wanted.

It's easier to get lost in the 3D world of Prime, though. At least in my experience. I'd say if the non-linearity of Prime didn't appeal to you, stay away from Prime 2 and 3, but still give Super Metroid a shot. Non-linear still, but a little less so.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DOO DOO

"four…people(?)"

SUCORYE PLS

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I'd take Doom (SNES) over Super Metroid any day. Mostly due to the overwhelming size of the map. It is so easy to get lost. Idk, maybe it's just me.

Morbi

Scavenger
Why do you say that?
Sakurai retains the same mentality that Toad is some object that Peach needs to pull out of her snatch. I wouldn't be surprised if the stagnant "boss" mentality surrounding Ridley amounts to... well Ridley being a boss again. Toad had literally nothing going against him and he is still a meat-shield. Ridley on the other hand has some detrimental aspects surrounding the character. He is difficult to program according to Sakurai, obviously he will attempt it, but I am not certain that it is a priority. It doesn't really help that the common players don't expect him because they think he is too big. The two incidents are really unrelated, but I am seeing the arbitrary correlations.

Why do you say that?
Well. He isn't alone when it comes to beginning to having second thoughts about Ridley.

From time to time, I've changed my mind about how Ridley's doing. Most of the time, I feel like doubting him . Sometimes, I think he'll get in.

Sakurai ain't trolling. I'm just saying. He's just showing pictures. The end.
Yes, that is indeed a scary sight.

Toad, a playable character? Gives me the chills everytime.
Super Mario 3D World.

Although it would be cool if he were playable. BUT NAH. It seems impossible as of now

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sakurai retains the same mentality that Toad is some object that Peach needs to pull out of her snatch. I wouldn't be surprised if the stagnant "boss" mentality surrounding Ridley amounts to... well Ridley being a boss again. Toad had literally nothing going against him and he is still a meat-shield. Ridley on the other hand has some detrimental aspects surrounding the character. He is difficult to program according to Sakurai, obviously he will attempt it, but I am not certain that it is a priority. It doesn't really help that the common players don't expect him because they think he is too big. The two incidents are really unrelated, but I am seeing the arbitrary correlations.
I suppose I see where you're coming from, but the differences seem just too great to me. I can't really compare them that way.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Doesn't anyone remember when the Pyrosphere was first revealed?

I'm pretty sure Ridley has been demoted to a background element. All we need is absolute confirmation, and not just a tease.

But nooo, everyone likes to pretend that Sakurai never made that comment.

Morbi

Scavenger

I'm pretty sure Ridley has been demoted to a background element. All we need is absolute confirmation, and not just a tease.

I am sorry, but what was the comment? I was on hiatus when Pyrosphere was first revealed.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I mean how hard is it to add Ridley to the roster. Just copy and paste his boss moveset from brawl :troll:

Also if it's not too much to ask. Porky?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

It was pretty vague as to whether Ridley was a background element. Sakurai could have just as easily been teasing an unlock match with Ridley on the stage.

Sakurai's quote: "An enemy from Samus's past may appear at any second…"

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I am sorry, but what was the comment? I was on hiatus when Pyrosphere was first revealed.
"An enemy from Samus's past may appear at any second."

It's pretty vague and gives no real closure, but I think the lack of Ridley in all those Pyrosphere pictures speaks for itself.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Ridley has already had a different role in every smash game. He's gone from background element->Appearing in trailer+trophy->boss. Also he was considered for an assist trophy. Dude gets around. I don't think Sakurai viewing him as having only one possible role would be a problem. Also Dedede and Villager got promoted from background to character.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Is it just me or am I the only one who gets pissed off when Sakurai mentions something is "too hard to implement" or "program" or something along those lines? Like, when he cut Excitebike as a character because he couldnt figure out how to make him jump. Thats it. As for Ridley he is literally just a big purple dragon. Im not saying I could do it or that its easy but it sure as hell isnt as much an issue as Sakurai pretends it is. Sakurai seems like he isnt a very imaginative or flexible fellow in terms of creativity. Hes had his moments, but for the most part he seems very narrow-sighted.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Ridley has already had a different role in every smash game. He's gone from background element->Appearing in trailer+trophy->boss. Also he was considered for an assist trophy. Dude gets around. I don't think Sakurai viewing him as having only one possible role would be a problem. Also Dedede and Villager got promoted from background to character.
So perhaps there is still hope for Xerneas afterall.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Is it just me or am I the only one who gets pissed of when Sakurai mentions something is "too hard to implement" or "program" or something along those lines? Like, when he cut Excitebike as a character because he couldnt figure out how to make him jump. Thats it. As for Ridley he is literally just a big purple dragon. Im not saying I could do it or that its easy but it sure as hell isnt as much an issue as Sakurai pretends it is. Sakurai seems like he isnt a very imaginative or flexible fellow in terms of creativity. Hes had his moments, but for the most part he seems very narrow-sighted.
It doesn't help that other people have actually made it pretty damn possible in Brawl itself.

Gotta love model and moveset hacks.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Is it just me or am I the only one who gets pissed of when Sakurai mentions something is "too hard to implement" or "program" or something along those lines?
Well sometimes things are too hard to implement or cost too much to implement. As long as there are plenty of other good things implemented, it doesn't really bug me much.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Is it just me or am I the only one who gets pissed of when Sakurai mentions something is "too hard to implement" or "program" or something along those lines? Like, when he cut Excitebike as a character because he couldnt figure out how to make him jump. Thats it. As for Ridley he is literally just a big purple dragon. Im not saying I could do it or that its easy but it sure as hell isnt as much an issue as Sakurai pretends it is. Sakurai seems like he isnt a very imaginative or flexible fellow in terms of creativity. Hes had his moments, but for the most part he seems very narrow-sighted.
Something tells me you have very little experience in programming and game design. :troll:

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
It doesn't help that other people have actually made it pretty damn possible in Brawl itself.

Gotta love model and moveset hacks.
EXACTLY. The kinds of things fans do in hacks and such just make me question the integrity of developers in general, let alone Sakurai.

Something tells me you have very little experience in programming and game design. :troll:
fite me irl bro ill kik ur buttoockus

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Its basically narrative cancer. Dont know why Nintendo thought it was a good idea to give Team Ninja, the creators of Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball and advocates of boob physics, a franchise STARRING a respectable female lead.

Well...Team Ninja thinks about fan service.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Is it just me or am I the only one who gets pissed off when Sakurai mentions something is "too hard to implement" or "program" or something along those lines? Like, when he cut Excitebike as a character because he couldnt figure out how to make him jump. Thats it. As for Ridley he is literally just a big purple dragon. Im not saying I could do it or that its easy but it sure as hell isnt as much an issue as Sakurai pretends it is. Sakurai seems like he isnt a very imaginative or flexible fellow in terms of creativity. Hes had his moments, but for the most part he seems very narrow-sighted.
This should shut ppl up

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/17/44...director-masahiro-sakurai-character-selection

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

And don't forget Charizard became a playble character after being a pokeball pokémon in 2 games.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

If he said "Ridley's a background element" I'd believe it. What he said was refering to Ridley usually appearing out of nowhere in the games, more specifically in Other M. Sakurai has never confirmed something like a stage hazard without showing it, there's no reason to believe he's holding a stage hazard back for no reason. On the Brawl Dojo, he did tease unconfirmed characters though, like Ness and Lucario. To put it into perspective, Pyrosphere is the stage we've seen in pictures the second most I'm fairly sure, only behind Battlefield. I can almost guarantee you that Pyrosphere is a neutral stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom