• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Palutena? I'm talking more about how he gushes over Pit in almost every post.

I only see him talk about Palutena about a fourth of that amount.
Eh, after a while you just tend to ignore the fans of all characters.

Still, at least he's gushing over a confirmed character rather than a no-shot like the Toad fanboy brigade has been doing even though it is very evident that Toad won't be playable as of like 2 months ago.

And if you thought that was bad, you should have seen me trashing the Toon Link haters (including the person who called me a pedo for liking Toon Link) back when Brawl was released. IT WAS GLORIOUS!!! I scared away some of the worst GameFAQs users from these here boards, and I became THE TOON LINK WORLD CHAMP!!!!!

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
Alright can someone tell me why people WANT Toad to be playable in Smash? I'm always hearing people wanting his inclusion in the series as a playable character and its been bothering me for the longest time now. I don't find Toad to be, at the slightest, an interesting playable character for Smash. IMO, He's just seems better off as something else, like being used as Peach's neutral special.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'd like to put it in the context of how the series are played out.

Link/Toon Link is more tolerable simply because there are different Links from different time periods. Mario/Paper Mario...well they're both portrayed to be the exact same Mario despite it being two different types of genres. To me, it's no different than Dr. Mario/Mario. Same Mario, just one with a doc suit and megavitamins.

And again, I AGREE that Paper Mario can have a unique moveset and at the end of the day I wouldn't care if he's represented in Smash.

I think it's unfair to penalize Paper Mario just because of the fact that his universe taking place in an alternate timeline or whatever isn't canon.

That's like admitting to his inclusion being okay as long as someone from Paper Mario development team came out and stated that Paper Mario is in fact a different version of Mario, which of course is never going to happen because there's no need to. The LoZ series on the other hand has a need to make that distinction between Link/Toon Link.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
VERY nice pic! It definitely brings in the spirit of 3D World, even though the pic itself may not reveal much new. There is another glimpse at Luigi's flutter jump and such, and that's really neat! <://)
This is probably the most positive post I've seen on this forum in ages. It's so pure. So adorable.

I think I just might want to give you a hug, a milkshake and a small piece of land in Montana.

Welcome to Die.
Cause where yo curly mustache at?

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
One slip up from a terrible 3rd party = not that big of a deal.

And if it is, I'm gonna hold the Zelda series accountable for a decade of nothing but underwhelming titles post-the Wind Waker.

Or how Mario has that dreadfully stale "NEW" series.

Really, the highs of Metroid as about as high as Nintendo has gone, whether Super Metroid or Metroid Prime; Fusion or Prime 3.
I WILL argue that Twilight Princess has the best dungeon design in the entire series, but that's another discussion for another thread.

The point is, I think some of us all getting a WEE bit impatient with character updates, and that's causing unnecessary friction.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Alright can someone tell me why people WANT Toad to be playable in Smash? I'm always hearing people wanting his inclusion in the series as a playable character and its been bothering me for the longest time now. I don't find Toad to be, at the slightest, an interesting playable character for Smash. IMO, He's just seems better off as something else, like being used as Peach's neutral special.
People want Toad because they like him as a character usually, or because he's a Mario character Smash needs "muh reps".

While there are some people who think Toad could make for a solid playable character in terms of gameplay (which is ultimately what everything is about), they are few and far between among the annoying Toad for Smash brigade. Most of them just blindly follow their nostalgia. Honestly, I think many of that brigade don't even play Smash games (anymore), although I say that about a lot of fanbases (and people).

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
God damn it Sakurai, why would you do this to me? I had slow internet at the time so I was seeing the pic load up top to bottom, so first thing I saw was Toad's head and the air and was like "OMG YES SAKURAI, TOAD CONFIRMED!!!!!". Then the pic finish loading D:

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Sakurai is not visible but he's on the ground under everyone else.
Don't know why I laughed at this.

I am horrible person.
I honestly don't understand it myself.

I mean Toad? Of all characters..

God damn it Sakurai, why would you do this to me? I had slow internet at the time so I was seeing the pic load up top to bottom, so first thing I saw was Toad's head and the air and was like "OMG YES SAKURAI, TOAD CONFIRMED!!!!!". Then the pic finish loading D:
That must be why he put Toad at the top of the pic. He knew a lot of ppl had slow internet.

Smarta** troll.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
This calls for an Encore~! =D

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I WILL argue that Twilight Princess has the best dungeon design in the entire series, but that's another discussion for another thread.
I will agree with you on the design and some of the execution, but eh, it felt too centered around the mini-boss weapon.
The point is, I think some of us all getting a WEE bit impatient with character updates, and that's causing unnecessary friction.
Which is funny, because we had a character update 2 weeks ago. Honestly, y'all need to chill out. We'll get them. We got roughly 30 or so character reveals to go. Let's not pop a nut because we don't know all of them tomorrow.

I mean c'mon!!! Project M 3.0's release is only 18 days away!!! Once that glorious day comes, ALL WILL BE SAVED!!!!

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
I think it's unfair to penalize Paper Mario just because of the fact that his universe taking place in an alternate timeline or whatever isn't canon.

That's like admitting to his inclusion being okay as long as someone from Paper Mario development team came out and stated that Paper Mario is in fact a different version of Mario, which of course is never going to happen because there's no need to. The LoZ series on the other hand has a need to make that distinction between Link/Toon Link.
Paper Mario is in the same universe because the Star Spirits in the first Paper Mario were in Mario Party 5.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Guys... just give up the release date thing being the end all.

If it happens then, great. If not, great. Just deal with it, because eventually Sakurai is going to entirely stop using this so-called pattern for character reveals.

I know I've been critical of Admiral Pit in the past, but Admiral Pit is rarely annoying with his Palutena support.

@ Admiral
Most of the dumb Ridley content is the (weird) haters. I don't get why you'd hate a purple pterodactyl that's a super genius main antagonist from Nintendo's most consistently amazing franchise, but okay!!!!

Because hearing his name every day from multiple ppl, joking or not, can be frustrating. Personally I've been trying to hold off on my outbursts whenever I read his name. Hell, ppl still bring him up a lot even when Pyrosphere isn't the pic of the day now, meaning it's getting worse by the day. It's not fun at all. Granted, I could think of things worse than that purple thing's name that I try to avoid saying being said every day... like the stupidity of Miiverse posts, but that's another story.
So why I hate him? I feel that he's better off just being a boss-only character despite his popularity. He was teased in the melee trailer, a boss twice in Brawl, a boss in nearly if not all Metroid games, I understand the frustration, but the jokes about him are just annoying to hear on a daily basis. It's like trying to force something down our throats to gain supporters. You gotta understand that you need to give some things a rest, which is why I'm limiting the Pit/Palutena thing, though it will still happen anyways especially when something gets outta hand to calm my mind.

As for the Pit thing, at least I'm stable compared to others... Kinda.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Its basically narrative cancer. Dont know why Nintendo thought it was a good idea to give Team Ninja, the creators of Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball and advocates of boob physics, a franchise STARRING a respectable female lead.
Looks like I saved myself some dough afterall :)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
But the Mario Party series is simply a spin off... Not sure if that applies.
Mario Party is just like Mario Kart.

It's what Mario and Bowser do on their days off from their daily jobs of playing "Capture the Princess".

Bowser just always happens to get the Princess first and then is too damn tired or lazy to try and get her back again right after Mario snatches her for the last time, so they take a break, go Go-Karting, play some tennis, shoot some hoops, go golfing, play some DDR , swing some bats, slap some shots, dodge some balls and then have a Mario Party.

The next day, it all starts over from the beginning again.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Other M was bad in comparison to other Metroid games but alone it isn't complete garbage. That actually says quite a lot about how Metroid the series is looked upon.
In terms of gameplay its passable at best but it is completely steamrolled by the god awful narrative.

Sidenote Im one of those weirdos who's favorite Metroid is Fusion. Honestly I think itd be pretty cool if Fusion Suit Samus was a thing. Her moveset could be pretty interesting.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Bowser just always happens to get the Princess first and then is too damn tired or lazy to try and get her back again right after Mario snatches her for the last time, so they take a break, go Go-Karting, play some tennis, shoot some hoops, go golfing, play some DDR , swing some bats, slap some shots, dodge some balls and then have a Mario Party.

...Then turn into 2D paper figures and repeat the same cycle? >.<

In my mind I've always seen the Paper Mario series as an entirely different Mario universe. Until we actually get confirmation on whether this is actually canon or not I'm going to keep that mindset.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Fusion was the first Metroid I ever played. To this day I'm still not sure which is my favorite, but it's a tossup between Fusion, Super, and Zero Mission.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Its basically narrative cancer. Dont know why Nintendo thought it was a good idea to give Team Ninja, the creators of Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball and advocates of boob physics, a franchise STARRING a respectable female lead.
It's sad to see that no one quite understands what Team Ninja's involvement in that game truly was.

Team Ninja handled the gameplay. Nothing more.

The creator of the Metroid series himself, Mr. Yoshio Sakomoto, personally wrote the storyline, script, and he directed all the cutscenes. Yes, the same man who wrote the story for the beloved Super Metroid also wrote Other M.

Other M is pretty much how the creator sees the Metroid universe. Many people are displeased in knowing that.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93

In my mind I've always seen the Paper Mario series as an entirely different Mario universe. Until we actually get confirmation on whether this is actually canon or not I'm going to keep that mindset.
Paper Mario vs. Game&Watch :troll:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Yes. ¦(

That's one of those rare cases where Bowser gets a REEEALLY out of the box idea for how their gonna do their work that day. They'll even sometimes bring some other people along so that Bowser isn't predictably the big villain in the end, but will still make an appearance in some way.

Sticker Star is what happens when they let Luigi decide how they're gonna do things.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413

Ive seen it that way as well, since the inhabitants aptly acknowledge the fact that the world is made of paper. Its completely different than the Link/Toon Link thing especially considering how differently the Paper Mario games play compared to the main series. Where Toon Link is just Link in a Toon world with the same basic gameplay and structure to pull from, Paper Mario has a completely unique world when compared to the main series with completely unique and different mechanics between the two.

It's sad to see that no one quite understands what Team Ninja's involvement in that game truly was.

Team Ninja handled the gameplay. Nothing more.

The creator of the Metroid series himself, Mr. Yoshio Sakomoto, personally wrote the storyline, script, and he directed all the cutscenes. Yes, the same man who wrote the story for the beloved Super Metroid also wrote Other M.

Other M is pretty much how the creator sees the Metroid universe. Many people are displeased in knowing that.

****. I forgot about that. Augh that really does make it worse. He has a very shallow view if that is the case.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
I've only ever played Prime 1, and I didn't really care for it. Maybe because it was too non linear for me.

I should really give the franchise another shot...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I thought Paper Mario series was just stories presented in a book. That's how the first Paper Mario game is presented.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ehh, still not convinced.
Other M wasn't a lot worse than Skyward Sword, which somehow got 10/10's from the gaming media, even though it was linear as hell, the locations were fairly unmemorable, and the gameplay felt like a downgrade from previous 3D Zelda games.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I've only ever played Prime 1, and I didn't really care for it. Maybe because it was too non linear for me.

I should really give the franchise another shot...
Don't bother if that's why you didn't like it. Non-linearity is what the games are about. Fusion was probably the most linear (except Other M), and even then you could basically do what you wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom