• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
When did he tease Lucario and Ness?
He didn't tease Lucario.

When talking about Lucas, he said something along the lines of....

"Up until now, Ness used such and such special moves."

Many of us thought Ness was deconfirmed because of this.

Both of them (along with Jigglypuff) were actually leaked accidentally during a trailer.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
When did he tease Lucario and Ness?
I'm talking the Brawl Dojo. Ness was teased in the Lucas Moveset update. Lucario was teased in an update I can't remember, but it was something along the lines of "There's a certain character who has the ability to distinguish allies and enemies in Subspace Emissary." This was after the unintentional leak though, so no big surprise to us.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Is it just me or am I the only one who gets pissed off when Sakurai mentions something is "too hard to implement" or "program" or something along those lines? Like, when he cut Excitebike as a character because he couldnt figure out how to make him jump. Thats it. As for Ridley he is literally just a big purple dragon. Im not saying I could do it or that its easy but it sure as hell isnt as much an issue as Sakurai pretends it is. Sakurai seems like he isnt a very imaginative or flexible fellow in terms of creativity. Hes had his moments, but for the most part he seems very narrow-sighted.
His comments imply he thinks making Ridley playable would be difficult but possible. And given that every time a modder trys to make a Ridley anything it makes most people reflexively vomit I think he's right. Also if you listen to ANY self respecting designer/writer/director/ect. they'll talk about things they wanted to implement but didn't because they couldn't get things to work out right, it's not being close minded it's admitting there's a problem when there's a problem and there will always be problems. Also keep in mind we're only getting a single sentence from Sakurai about things that actually probably have a lot of factors to them. Also it's not like he just gives up when he has trouble, he didn't think there was a way to make Villager playable back in Brawl but he came back next game with a playable villager which he clearly put a lot of thought and creativity into. Also he felt Mewtwo was to hard to program for 64 but he thought it was feasible in Melee so hey, we got Mewtwo. Sakurai has some problems like everyone does but I wouldn't call narrow vision one of them.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Also if you listen to ANY self respecting designer/writer/director/ect. they'll talk about things they wanted to implement but didn't because they couldn't get things to work out right, it's not being close minded it's admitting there's a problem when there's a problem and there will always be problems.

The Insomniac Museums in Ratchet and Clank games provide a lot of insight into things like that.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
His comments imply he thinks making Ridley playable would be difficult but possible. And given that every time a modder trys to make a Ridley anything it makes most people reflexively vomit I think he's right. Also if you listen to ANY self respecting designer/writer/director/ect. they'll talk about things they wanted to implement but didn't because they couldn't get things to work out right, it's not being close minded it's admitting there's a problem when there's a problem and there will always be problems. Also keep in mind we're only getting a single sentence from Sakurai about things that actually probably have a lot of factors to them. Also it's not like he just gives up when he has trouble, he didn't think there was a way to make Villager playable back in Brawl but he came back next game with a playable villager which he clearly put a lot of thought and creativity into. Also he felt Mewtwo was to hard to program for 64 but he thought it was feasible in Melee so hey, we got Mewtwo. Sakurai has some problems like everyone does but I wouldn't call narrow vision one of them.
Fair enough.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
If Mewtwo returns for smash 4, he won't technically be a new comer as he was planned for all three games prior to this along with actually being in melee.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
O-Oh wow, really? Am I still on the internet?
When Im not being angry I try to learn best I can xDD You made really good points. I just let those things slip past me a lot with Sakurai cuz considering the Wii U is more powerful than a PS3 (I think) and just the kinds of things we can do nowadays I tend to hold them to really high standards.

RODO

Smash Ace
There is one Toad who has been in a multitude of games that is different from Peaches Toad...and that is Blue Toad!!! Blue Toad confirmed!!!

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Oh god this is kind of a relief, I seriously didn't want Mr. NoMoveset in the game. I do hope we get Rosalina or Bowser Jr. Now we just need a damn newcomer, it's about time! >:c

Oh, and I'm not a casual by any means. I play Pokemon competitively a lot because it obviously doesn't have ridiculous execution barriers like most fighters.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
I dunno, Mewtwo still feels very likely to me, mainly because after not putting him into brawl due to time restraints, I can't help but feel sakurai /may/ have prepared for it this time.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
If tomorrow's picture's going to be nothing again this will be the worst week in months regarding updates. Such a step back.

D

Deleted member

Ugh. Looks like Toad has very, very slim chances. It looks like Peach's neutral special won't be changing for a very long time.

If tomorrow's picture's going to be nothing again this will be the worst week in months regarding updates. Such a step back.
That's why I am not getting my hopes up for anything tomorrow. I got them up for Mewtwo last month and he wasn't announced now was he?

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Prepare for the "Toad is still technically eligible!" arguments from the Toad fanboys. Yeah, Blue Toad is totally going to make it in. Because a lesser known palette swap version of an already boring character from a well-represented franchise is what Smash needs! No, wait, Sakurai can still change Peach's moves! He just went through the trouble of having that move programmed back in despite obviously having considered Toad heavily enough to turn him into a playable character just to trick us by showing it off on the site twice! ...Ok, ok, I'll stop flame-baiting, ignore me :rolleyes:

Still don't think Rosalina is getting in, either. I'd peg her as an assist trophy at best. I'd say it's gotta be either Bowser Jr., Waluigi, Paper Mario, or nobody, with a strong chance of nobody.

Anyways, the pic looks nice. It makes me wonder how much time they spend setting up these shots, since this one doesn't seem like just some random screen grab, heh.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I too believe no new Mario rep is probably the way it's going to be, but I believe only Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario are worthy of the inclusion anyway. The first one has still a pretty good chance, the second if he's going to get in representing a different franchise maybe.
I surely would be disappointed if Toad or Rosalina (brr) were the chosen ones.
Oh and Waluigi still has the crown as worst possible addition to the roster ever.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
imo if Toad isn't new Mario rep then there is no new Mario rep. Now brb going to play as Toad in Crusade, screw SSB4

P.S. not really doe.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Wait.
We always have at least 1 3ds pic a week.
We had none this week.
3ds pic confirmed for tommorow.
Nothing ever gets revealed in 3ds pics, except for 3ds stages.
No new reveal tomorrow CONFIRMED!

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Wait.
We always have at least 1 3ds pic a week.
We had none this week.
3ds pic confirmed for tommorow.
Nothing ever gets revealed in 3ds pics, except for 3ds stages.
No new reveal tomorrow CONFIRMED!

It's not the first time we didn't get a 3DS pic in a single week.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Oh god this is kind of a relief, I seriously didn't want Mr. NoMoveset in the game. I do hope we get Rosalina or Bowser Jr. Now we just need a damn newcomer, it's about time! >:c

Oh, and I'm not a casual by any means. I play Pokemon competitively a lot because it obviously doesn't have ridiculous execution barriers like most fighters.

>In competitive Pokemon
>Opponent has 4 Pokemon left
>Only got my Talonflame left
>GETS PISSED
>CHOICE BANDED GALE WINGS BRAVE BIRD REKTS TEAM
>Loses because recoil

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
In b4 we get
"To commemorate tloz a link between worlds" here is a pic of somezelda characters (and then all we get is link and toon link standing around on sky loft, doing nothing new.
For example November 4th - November 8th.
Ah,ok.
Guess we might just get something new after all.

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
DO I SEE THE TOAD BRIGADE?
I'm not even disappointing about the lack of a new character because I saw the toad brigade in the background.
And the toad brigade is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom