• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I expect one more Mario series representative for Smash Bros., and the only obvious choices now are Bowser Jr. and Rosalina...which is a toughie because both have good reasons to become part of the roster. Both could have very unique movesets too. Guess time will tell.

As far as Friday's update goes...there won't be any character reveal tomorrow. Zelda's a shoe-in anyway so it's whatever if she isn't revealed tomorrow.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Actually, Toon Link's reveal coincided with Japan's RETAIL release for Wind Waker HD. While NA did get it earlier, it was a DIGITAL release and the actual retail release came on October 4th.
There, that solidifies my point. Sakurai only cares about the Japanese release dates.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Yes Wind Waker HD

Did I not post that just a minute ago?
WWHD is a weird case though, since we only got it first digitally. They got it at retail first. I know it's semantics, but it isn't the same.

Sorry, I'm tired and blanked on what you said.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
I expect one more Mario series representative for Smash Bros., and the only obvious choices now are Bowser Jr. and Rosalina...which is a toughie because both have good reasons to become part of the roster. Both could have very unique movesets too. Guess time will tell.

As far as Friday's update goes...there won't be any character reveal tomorrow. Zelda's a shoe-in anyway so it's whatever if she isn't revealed tomorrow.
I still think Paper Mario is a legitimate consideration. Although he probably wouldn't be a "Super Mario" rep like Bowser Jr. and Rosalina....

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Honestly, I predicted Sakuari to do something Mario-y this time, but I never did imagine it'd be like that.

But with that in mind, perhaps we should take a look at something big that will happen in Japan sometimes, like release dates for certain games or various anniversaries and see what's possible. He did it with TL's reveal iirc, and that Pit pic showing off upon KIU's digital download in Japan on November 1st, and now this. So maybe there's something Japan has in store for us in December?

1: Wait for December
2: Remember December 19, 1986 was the release of Kid Icarus in Japan
3: Kid Icarus Anniversary coming
4: December 19 here is a Thursday, so reveals are possible
5: ?????
6: PALUTENA! <3 <3

I'm calling it, it's coming. Even if it's not on that exact date, I'm calling it sometime in December!

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
WWHD is a weird case though, since we only got it first digitally. They got it at retail first. I know it's semantics, but it isn't the same.

The fact that Toon Link was revealed along with the Japanese release date and not the American digital release date just goes to show that Japanese Dates>Rest of the World in Sakurai's eyes

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93

Still, that's what you asked.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Is it possible that Sakurai waits the LAST release date in the world?
That being the 29th for Mario 3D World, and the 26th of the next month for Zelda?

Someone should check it out, I don't remember. Maybe all the characters as of now were revealed by the time the last country got the game.

That might explain the discrepancies between reveals on American release dates, and Japanese release dates.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
The fact that Toon Link was revealed along with the Japanese release date and not the American digital release date just goes to show that Japanese Dates>Rest of the World in Sakurai's eyes
Or that he doesn't care about a digital release...?

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Or like I said, he doesn't care about digital releases, just retail ones. Learn to read, please. :p

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
It would be strange if from our perspective if Zelda was not revealed for ALBW... but to Sakurai, the Japanese date is what matters to him. And anyways, after Pokemon X/Y, which was a bigger release than ALBW, it would be only logical that people won't be as surprised if there is no character tomorrow.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I still think Paper Mario is a legitimate consideration. Although he probably wouldn't be a "Super Mario" rep like Bowser Jr. and Rosalina....

Ehhhhhh

I don't know. I'm iffy on Paper Mario and I love the Paper Mario series (except god awful Sticker Star). I know his moveset could be unique but still...too much Mario.

Dr. Mario being in the same roster as Mario in Melee rubbed me the wrong way as it was...so I dunno I guess it's a personal thing with me.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You have no proof that Rosalina is not a playable character in the picture. :smash:
You, Admiral Pit and Diddy Kong are three perfect examples of the worst kind of people that can completely ruin a character for some people.

I don't mean that to insult you, but it's truly how things tend to seem.

You're missing a "p" by the way.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
I'm not expecting anything tomorrow really, especially since Sakurai loves to derail any kind of pattern we make.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
A character in a franchise deconfirmed as playable = another confirmed

This makes no logical sense.

But hey, since someone says it does, Nintendogs are deconfirmed as playable, so that means NINTENCATS ARE HAPPENING!!! GET EXCITERED!!!!

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
So, any objections as to the proposition that Zelda will not be revealed alongside the North American release of A Link between Worlds?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You, Admiral Pit and Diddy Kong are three perfect examples of the worst kind of people that can completely ruin a character for some people.

I don't mean that to insult you, but it's truly how things tend to seem.

You're missing a "p" by the way.

Like how most ppl ruin that purple dragon thing by just using his name or reference him in a joke on a daily basis? Even I'm not that excessive.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
It would be strange if from our perspective if Zelda was not revealed for ALBW... but to Sakurai, the Japanese date is what matters to him. And anyways, after Pokemon X/Y, which was a bigger release than ALBW, it would be only logical that people won't be as surprised if there is no character tomorrow.
Alternatively, he didn't think X/Y needed the help, or there are rumors that Game Freak stopped him from revealing anyone.

Nope. Going by Japan release.

Just like today with SM3D World.
Except that since this is the only instance of such an event, and it was an unusual one, neither of us can say conclusively.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Guys... just give up the release date thing being the end all.

If it happens then, great. If not, great. Just deal with it, because eventually Sakurai is going to entirely stop using this so-called pattern for character reveals.
I know I've been critical of Admiral Pit in the past, but Admiral Pit is rarely annoying with his Palutena support.

@ Admiral
Most of the dumb Ridley content is the (weird) haters. I don't get why you'd hate a purple pterodactyl that's a super genius main antagonist from Nintendo's most consistently amazing franchise, but okay!!!!

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I love how everyone is convinced for the characters they love to be revealed and bring "proofs" for that.

The Rosalina supporter saying that Rosalina is totally in the game because reasons.
The guy with Palutena in the signature saying that Palutena is totally coming next month.

It just makes me chuckle.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I don't know. I'm iffy on Paper Mario and I love the Paper Mario series (except god awful Sticker Star). I know his moveset could be unique but still...too much Mario.

Dr. Mario being in the same roster as Mario in Melee rubbed me the wrong way as it was...so I dunno I guess it's a personal thing with me.

So I'm guessing you also have a problem with Link/Toon Link?

Paper Mario has plenty of unique aspects that differentiates himself from Mario.

When it comes down to it the only attacking trait they really share is jumping on things.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Guys... just give up the release date thing being the end all.

If it happens then, great. If not, great. Just deal with it, because eventually Sakurai is going to entirely stop using this so-called pattern for character reveals.

I know I've been critical of Admiral Pit in the past, but Admiral Pit is rarely annoying with his Palutena support.
Palutena? I'm talking more about how he gushes over Pit in almost every post.

I only see him talk about Palutena about a fourth of that amount.

Like how most ppl ruin that purple dragon thing by just using his name or reference him in a joke on a daily basis? Even I'm not that excessive.
You know, when you said "purple dragon", my first thought was Spyro. I guess I know what game series I miss a lot right now. lol

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Alternatively, he didn't think X/Y needed the help, or there are rumors that Game Freak stopped him from revealing anyone.

Except that since this is the only instance of such an event, and it was an unusual one, neither of us can say conclusively.
Like everyone else said. It isn't possible to predict Sakurai, but my case with Zelda still stands.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
So I'm guessing you also have a problem with Link/Toon Link?

Paper Mario has plenty of unique aspects that differentiates himself from Mario.

When it comes down to it the only attacking trait they really share is jumping on things.

I'd like to put it in the context of how the series are played out.

Link/Toon Link is more tolerable simply because there are different Links from different time periods. Mario/Paper Mario...well they're both portrayed to be the exact same Mario despite it being two different types of genres. To me, it's no different than Dr. Mario/Mario. Same Mario, just one with a doc suit and megavitamins.

And again, I AGREE that Paper Mario can have a unique moveset and at the end of the day I wouldn't care if he's represented in Smash.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I love how everyone is convinced for the characters they love to be revealed and bring "proofs" for that.

The Rosalina supporter saying that Rosalina is totally in the game because reasons.
The guy with Palutena in the signature saying that Palutena is totally coming next month.

It just makes me chuckle.
This is a reason why I want freaking Star Man from Pro Wrestling on the NES as a playable character.

Also, this video.

Annoying people is the best, which is what made the Wii Fit Trainer SOOOOO AMAZING!!!

(and Mega Man, because the anti-3rd party brigade is just a bunch of adults acting like they're mentally challenged)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Let me introduce you to this game called Metroid the Other M...
One slip up from a terrible 3rd party = not that big of a deal.

And if it is, I'm gonna hold the Zelda series accountable for a decade of nothing but underwhelming titles post-the Wind Waker.

Or how Mario has that dreadfully stale "NEW" series.

Really, the highs of Metroid as about as high as Nintendo has gone, whether Super Metroid or Metroid Prime; Fusion or Prime 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom