• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
When have we gotten reveals? As in specific days? I see people post speculation that a Thursday reveal is likely because characters are always revealed on Thursdays.

Monday- None
Tuesday- Sonic
Wednesday- Luigi
Thursday- Peach, Toon Link, Marth
Friday- Olimar

So, there really isn't a pattern I could think of. I don't know why people think characters would always be revealed on Thursdays, I'm pretty sure it could happen any other day, and that "patterns" should be damned.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
So as far a actual gameplay/moveset abilities:

Toad: ......... I got nothing... maybe a head-butt attack? Calling in a toad army?
I say: Trophy

Rosalina: a mix of Zelda and peach-ish moves, magic bolts from her wand, maybe teleportation, luma summoning, and a final smash of Galactic-Rosalina who is mega sized and uses her wand to fire a blast in a lucario's final smash fashion
I say: playable character/ maybe assist trophy

Bowser Jr.:paintbrush standard attacks and flying clown car up special. Bomb-ombs and koopa shells to give him some ranged options. Maybe summons koopa kids for his final smash
I say: playable character/ probably assist trophy (because his clown can fly freely and infinitely, it wouldn't seem right as playable)

Geno: tons of moveset potential, but megaman already fills the spot for a character who has tons of ranged attacks, plus licensing issues.
I say: not sure, he could probably fill any role

Waluigi: sports theme moveset, something new sure, but the wackiness of the character could be lost when he becomes playable
I say: assist trophy

Paper Mario: what makes him different from Mario? Hammer, assistants, and boot accessories, not enough in my book
I say: trophy or sticker

Morbi

Scavenger
I almost forgot about Dr. Mario... that hurts... he was one of my mains. He is fairly likely too, probably more so that Rosalina. Waluigi appears to be the most likely in my opinion. What evidence is there against Waluigi anyways? Why does everyone doubt his inclusion?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I almost forgot about Dr. Mario... that hurts... he was one of my mains. He is fairly likely too, probably more so that Rosalina. Waluigi appears to be the most likely in my opinion. What evidence is there against Waluigi anyways? Why does everyone doubt his inclusion?
I think the major fact is that people tend to go for the more important characters on the actual platformers. I can't say much for PM supporters, but I firmly believe Bowser Jr. and previously Toad had the best chances. I understand PM to an extent, since he represents the side games, and I feel he does a better job doing so than Waluigi.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy

Mainly just lack of importance to a series. You could go with the argument that he'd represent the sports games, but so does everyone Mario related in smash, AND toad, daisy etc. Plus on a shallower note, seeing a four player fight between Mario, Luigi, Wario and Waluigi is a bit much aestetically. Four identical looking fighters doesn't really draw peoples interests. Imo, Warios default outfit was his Warioware to possibly detract from this overbearing plumber bonaza :D

Morbi

Scavenger
I think the major fact is that people tend to go for the more important characters on the actual platformers. I can't say much for PM supporters, but I firmly believe Bowser Jr. and previously Toad had the best chances. I understand PM to an extent, since he represents the side games, and I feel he does a better job doing so than Waluigi.
Waluigi really represents the party game aspects of Mario though. He was conceived especially for a Mario Sports game, as such, I think it is realistic to assume that he best represents other party games like Mario Kart and Mario Party quite well. However, if we are talking about side-games, I suppose that Paper Mario would be more important. I cannot comprehend how he is ideal though, especially when compared with Dr. Mario who has MUCH more going for him.

Bowser Jr. is another good one. I just do not think that he is logical (as in my arbitrary logic).

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Waluigi really represents the party game aspects of Mario though. He was conceived especially for a Mario Sports game, as such, I think it is realistic to assume that he best represents other party games like Mario Kart and Mario Party quite well. However, if we are talking about side-games, I suppose that Paper Mario would be more important. I cannot comprehend how he is ideal though, especially when compared with Dr. Mario who has MUCH more going for him.

Bowser Jr. is another good one. I just do not think that he is logical (as in my arbitrary logic).
Very true. People seem to underestimate the good Doctor, when in reality he is still plausible. And yes, there are many opinions on Bowser Jr. I just believe if we are going by importance overall, and with Toad out of the picture, Bowser Jr. has a great shot.

Again, though. A Mario newcomer is something I don't necessarily expect. Really, I expect nothing at this point. I'm still really holding on for Zelda tomorrow, but I really really doubt it happening.... sad face.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
When have we gotten reveals? As in specific days? I see people post speculation that a Thursday reveal is likely because characters are always revealed on Thursdays.

Monday- None
Tuesday- Sonic
Wednesday- Luigi
Friday- Olimar

So, there really isn't a pattern I could think of. I don't know why people think characters would always be revealed on Thursdays, I'm pretty sure it could happen any other day, and that "patterns" should be damned.
So we have character reveals on every day of the week except Monday...

Reveal this Monday confirmed! :troll:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Post chumming for likes
I don't really care whether you find it worthwhile to discuss the possible and probable outcomes about the currently unknown content in the game, but there was absolutely no need to belittle speculation enthusiasts with inflammatory crap like "biggest nerd in the comic store." What, because the discussions take place on "a video game forum about video game characters," we should be ashamed of deriving pleasure from them or something? News flash, most of us are wholly aware that it's a trivial nerdy hobby, but who gives a care? It's a fun pastime, and casting down judgment about it from on high comes off as sanctimonious, especially given that said judgment is posted on the exact same forum in the first place.

Morbi

Scavenger
Very true. People seem to underestimate the good Doctor, when in reality he is still plausible. And yes, there are many opinions on Bowser Jr. I just believe if we are going by importance overall, and with Toad out of the picture, Bowser Jr. has a great shot.

Again, though. A Mario newcomer is something I don't necessarily expect. Really, I expect nothing at this point. I'm still really holding on for Zelda tomorrow, but I really really doubt it happening.... sad face.
As am I, it will all be worth it if Zelda is amazing looking. I actually main Zelda, not Sheik, but Zelda. I have no idea why I subject myself to uphill battles. If she could have her SS costume, I would be content. Fun Fact: When I joined the forums, I only wanted 3 things.
1. Mewtwo's Return (not the movie).
2. SS Zelda (costume)
3. Lucina (Background character, costume, assist trophy, stage hazard, character, tag-team, ANYTHING as long as she is in the game).

My time on the forum has made me greedy.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
So we have character reveals on every day of the week except Monday...

Reveal this Monday confirmed! :troll:
Haha.

Clearly we tend to get more Thursday reveals, and Tuesday/Wednesday were for Directs. For all we know, he could tend to make non-direct reveals at the end of the week to build anticipation. I doubt it though. My point still stands that there are no "patterns" or "predictions" when it comes to character reveals, at least not anymore. But overall, Sakurai has kept us very surprised with all character reveals.

• Olimar, being the first character to be revealed on the site.
  • Luigi in the direct.
  • Peach for no one expecting her then, and for the reason why she was there at the time.
  • Toon Link for being Toon Link and the fact that there was a second reveal in a month.
  • Sonic for a direct and how soon it was after Toon Link.
  • Marth for being completely unexpected.
He's done very well throwing us off. So I don't expect anything anymore, just kinda go with it now.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I don't really care whether you find it worthwhile to discuss the possible and probable outcomes about the currently unknown content in the game, but there was absolutely no need to belittle speculation enthusiasts with inflammatory crap like "biggest nerd in the comic store." What, because the discussions take place on "a video game forum about video game characters," we should be ashamed of deriving pleasure from them or something? News flash, most of us are wholly aware that it's a trivial nerdy hobby, but who gives a care? It's a fun pastime, and casting down judgment about it from on high comes off as sanctimonious, especially given that said judgment is posted on the exact same forum in the first place.

Word to the big bird.

Morbi

Scavenger
You probably could have just called him pretentious. It would have been easier. :awesome:

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Everybody spam sakurais miiverse and say that we don't want a reveal! If he buys it, we are sure to get one!:awesome:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Monday- None
Tuesday- Sonic
Wednesday- Luigi
Friday- Olimar

Sakurai must not like Mondays any more than Garfield if he hasn't revealed any characters on that day of the week.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Everybody spam sakurais miiverse and say that we don't want a reveal! If he buys it, we are sure to get one!:awesome:
He's not that dumb. Sakurai would go onto the boards, realize we're pulling his legs, and not show a character.

No matter what we do, he will shock us. He always has.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
I loved fusion as well. I have to ask though how you came up with a moveset by changing her colors?
It can be done. If ROB is a character, It can definitely be done.

No character on Melee's anniversary?
Not even a Melee stage or anything?

I'm very disappointed.
I swear to god so many babies are being kicked in my mind. This anniversary stuff is giving my ulcers ulcers.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I doubt Sakurai reads the Miiverse comments anyway, he probably values his sanity more. :rolleyes:

Plus anything we do won't be able to match the amount of people begging for MOAR SANIC CHARACTERS

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
No character on Melee's anniversary?
Not even a Melee stage or anything?
I'm very disappointed.
This got me thinking.

Do you think the anniversary thing is a hoax? I mean, we got Peach to apparently coincide with the anniversary of SMB, but didn't it release on the 13th, not the 12th? Could it have just been a coincidence and people are looking way too into it?

I'm still not sold on anniversaries just yet. Prove me wrong, Internet! You've done it before.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
He's not that dumb. Sakurai would go onto the boards, realize we're pulling his legs, and not show a character.

No matter what we do, he will shock us. He always has.

He could be watching us right now ...
I mean...
Uh...

"OH YES I HATE REVEALS INDEED ... uh... COMPETEITIVE PLAY IS SILLRYU uh ... uh ... HANENBOW :hanenbow:"

Louie G.

Smash Hero
This got me thinking.

Do you think the anniversary thing is a hoax? I mean, we got Peach to apparently coincide with the anniversary of SMB, but didn't it release on the 13th, not the 12th? Could it have just been a coincidence and people are looking way too into it?

I'm still not sold on anniversaries just yet. Prove me wrong, Internet! You've done it before.
I'm still confident that a reveal tomorrow is very possible.
There are 3 games coming out tomorrow. Not advertising at least one would be kind of strange.
But this IS Sakurai, so...

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
There are 3 games coming out tomorrow. Not advertising at least one would be kind of strange.
Well, he's kind of done advertising for 3D World I assume, what with Peach's link on her page and the pic today. Island Tour and ALBW are still possible, but seems unlikely at this moment.

Morbi

Scavenger
That is a really good point, 3 games, chances are in our favor. Not to mention that Marth reveal was a little while ago. So it isn't like the problem we ran into about a week ago.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Tommorows post: "in honor of there being so many things happening today, here are the returning brawl stages:
:75M::mky::npc::hanenbow::rumblefalls::pictochat::flatzone2::npc::spearpillar:
:troll:

Morbi

Scavenger
Tommorows post: "in honor of there being so many things happening today, here are the returning brawl stages:
:75M::mky::npc::hanenbow::rumblefalls::pictochat::flatzone2::npc::spearpillar:
:troll:
That is how it felt for me going into Brawl. It seems like most of the annoying stages came back into Brawl. I wouldn't be too surprised if these stages did return. Especially 75m, we all know how popular that one is!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That is a really good point, 3 games, chances are in our favor. Not to mention that Marth reveal was a little while ago. So it isn't like the problem we ran into about a week ago.
For all we know, he may just reveal Yoshi or Captain Falcon, and none of them have any games coming out any time soon.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So here are some possibilities for reveals if we happen to get one.
-Any Melee character (JP release date of Melee)
-Zelda (ALBW)
-Ganondorf (ALBW)
-Wario (MP:IT)
-Yoshi (MP:IT)
-Captain Falcon (F-Zero anniversary this month)
-Little Mac (Punch Out anniversary this month)

Espio264

Smash Ace
This is where I'm sitting right now:

IMG_1638.JPG

My room could be loosely considered a comic store. And this is just one shelf. The other end of my bookcase is sorted Alphabetically by titles in DC, Darkhorse and Marvel Comics on separate shelves. Not to mention the top shelf with dvds ranging from Futurama to Death Note and various TMNT and Batman action figures. "Smartest Nerd in the Comic Book Store" was not an inflammatory remark, it was me saying (and in my own snarky way, yes) that any one of you is no smarter than me, or anyone else for that matter, and belittling people with a parade of "SUCK IT TOAD FANS" posts, was becoming increasingly infuriating. I wasn't pining for "likes" by any means. You can all take your likes back, I don't need them. There are just too many loud voices and huge egos in here at any given point, and I was just trying to see if my words might stand up to some of you for just a moment. I just meant that we're all nerds here on some level or another, stop acting like you're freakin' Nostradamus and thus killing the hopes of good people. (Not you specifically BKupa).

That's all I have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom