• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
I was extremely salty over Wii Fit Trainer's inclusion in this game and to this day I still am. I don't think that'll change anytime soon either.
There's so many characters that could take up a slot and work it better than she would I'm so mad at Sakurai.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
My mind was still boggled by Megaman being added when WFT and Villlager were added. I wasn't disappointed at all with WFT's reveal. I did not expect it, and felt a little surprised and impressed that they added WFT. Since the Wii Fit was a pretty big thing at one point. Even if all "hardcore" gamers wish it never existed because Wii Fit's existance makes a lot of "hardcore" gamers feel like Nintendo has gone casual only.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
I remember hearing the developer direct "I get requests for all sort of characters, but I can say no one expected Wii Fit Trainer to be in Smash"
YES BECAUSE NO ONE WANTED IT YOU JACKA$$

Morbi

Scavenger
I was extremely salty over Wii Fit Trainer's inclusion in this game and to this day I still am. I don't think that'll change anytime soon either.
There's so many characters that could take up a slot and work it better than she would I'm so mad at Sakurai.
I honestly save that hate for characters like Lucas (who was unnecessary to include in the first place). Other characters like Ice Climbers and Game and Watch are not safe from my wrath either. I don't care how long they have been in Smash. They were always unnecessary additions. Sure they were unique, but any character can play with a unique move-set. They don't need to have a partner or be 2D. That is just my opinion, I don't want them cut. I just think that they are less deserving than Wii Fit Trainer. I can understand where you are coming from though.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I always loved her inclusion from the day she was revealed. I know a lot of people were pissed, but I loved it for three main reasons:
  • We got the "shocking" character out of the way early.
  • She makes perfect sense as a fighter and makes sense to be included.
  • She's hilarious. Her moveset, the concept, everything.
There were a lot more, but Sakurai wanted to do something fun and innovative. And if he had the balls to do that, props to him. And every character is deserving if Sakurai includes them in the game. Every character added has strong points to be included.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I remember hearing the developer direct "I get requests for all sort of characters, but I can say no one expected Wii Fit Trainer to be in Smash"
Gotta admit though. We gotta have some surprises or else we'd be somewhat bored.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Pretty much. It might be his game and all but damn if he apparently says he feels terrible when it comes to handling who comes back or doesn't make the cut for the new roster then he shouldn't add terrible newcomers no one even cares about in the first place.
I'm really hoping WFT is unlockable just so I can leave her out of my character select screen. Or maybe I'll just use her as practice every single time if she's already unlocked.
I don't even really care about the Wii Fit game(s) I'm just mad about her inclusion in Smash of all things like come on add someone that actually, oh I dunno... doesn't suck massive cow -insert bad word for poop here-.

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
You know, I get how Wii Fit trainer is hateable, but Sakurai has made three fantastic Smash games already, so I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing.

Morbi

Scavenger
Gotta admit though. We gotta have some surprises or else we'd be somewhat bored.
I honestly wish he saved that WTF WFT FTW reveal for sometime around now, it has been a bit dry. There was no reason to reveal her the day after E3, most of us heard about it the day of E3 anyways. I think Megaman and Villager would have been ideal enough. He needs to control and manipulate the hype a little better.

If you are just talking about in general. I agree.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
A lot of the time I think a lot of people hate WFT trainer because of my previous post, and because it's not their character.

I mean, WFT does make sense to be added to a gathering of Nintendo characters. At least WFT makes more sense than Ice Climbers. How were Ice Climbers important to Nintendo? Were they very popular in Japan or something?

I view the WFT as a trolling character anyways, so I'll be happy to see him/her in game.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I honestly wish he saved that WTF WFT FTW reveal for sometime around now, it has been a bit dry. There was no reason to reveal her the day after E3, most of us heard about it the day of E3 anyways. I think Megaman and Villager would have been ideal enough. He needs to control and manipulate the hype a little better.

If you are just talking about in general. I agree.
I was talking about in general. Regardless, I almost disagree. I kinda wish she was saved until December.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Honestly I didnt really go into Smash 4 wanting any specific character so for me it wasnt that she took a spot "my" character could have had, it was more "she took a spot a more qualified or better character could have had."

Morbi

Scavenger
A lot of the time I think a lot of people hate WFT trainer because of my previous post, and because it's not their character.

I mean, WFT does make sense to be added to a gathering of Nintendo characters. At least WFT makes more sense than Ice Climbers. How were Ice Climbers important to Nintendo? Were they very popular in Japan or something?

I view the WFT as a trolling character anyways, so I'll be happy to see him/her in game.
This is essentially how I feel. I mean, I hate Megaman, but I am not calling him a bad idea. He isn't. I feel the same way about Wii Fit Trainer. I don't even view her as a troll character, she honestly holds her own merit. She is more worthy than quite a few people on the roster in my opinion. Let us just say that she earned her way on the roster.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
He took on more than he could handle, but for what it was supposed to do (allow casuals to play the series) it succeeded.
Casuals will play smash regardless. I can guarantee that no one would look at 64 or Melee and go "thats too pro/complicated for me". They just would play it anyway. Thats the thing about "casuals", they dont ****in care as long as its not like Street Fighter levels of complexity lol all they know is its Smash Bros so theyll play it.

splat

Smash Lord
I like WFT and all, but I can't help but feel that design-wise she'd but a much better fit in Brawl.

Can't be alone in this.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Honestly I didnt really go into Smash 4 wanting any specific character so for me it wasnt that she took a spot "my" character could have had, it was more "she took a spot a more qualified or better character could have had."
Yeah, that's how I feel too. I don't even know who they could add this time around, nor do I really know who to think of that I would love to see in the next game.
I definitely feel like any other character that isn't dumb would be better than her any day that's for sure.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
"Sucks for you"

She really is a character intended for who gets Sakurai's humor. When I heard she was in, I raged, then I actually saw her first footage and understood. She's a testament to Sakurai's genius.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
"Sucks for you"

She really is a character intended for who gets Sakurai's humor. When I heard she was in, I raged, then I actually saw her first footage and understood. She's a testament to Sakurai's genius.
I'm well aware of the fact that she's most likely in because Sakurai felt like messing with people. Doesn't change the fact that I still hate her inclusion though, but whatever.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
As long as we get a least a few more truly deserving characters (K. Rool, Ridley etc) I'll be fine.

I'd only consider WTF a dumb choice if the only other newcomers we got are the ones that were shown at E3, and that most certainly will not be the case.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I'm well aware of the fact that she's most likely in because Sakurai felt like messing with people. Doesn't change the fact that I still hate her inclusion though, but whatever.
But how can you hate her so much? She is like the perfect trolling character since a lot of people don't want her. Whenever this game comes out, my friend and I are going online as he/she fit trainers and beating up all the random haters :chuckle:. So get ready to tone up those legs :troll:.

Morbi

Scavenger
I was even more enraged when I saw Toon Link returned. Like, immeasurably angry. WFT+Toon Link started making me veeery wary of Sakurai.
Toon Link's return would have made me angry, if he wasn't my main. Link is just horrible now. Horrible. If anything, they should have cut the Link that is all generic. Toon Link is WAY more unique.

Forgot this- :awesome:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Toon Link's return would have made me angry, if he wasn't my main. Link is just horrible now. Horrible. If anything, they should have cut the Link that is all generic. Toon Link is WAY more unique.

Forgot this- :awesome:
Link is destined to be terrible in every single Smash game, that's pretty much fact at this point.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
"OMG CHARACTER I DON'T LIKE IS STEALING ROSTER SPOTS FROM CHARACTERS I WANT BOO HOO" - Majority of the haters

Haters gonna hate. Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch and Wii Fit Trainer all contribute to varied gameplay styles.

And what the bloody hell is with those absurd claims that characters steal spots from others? A character is either added or not, simple as that. Wii Fit Trainer doesn't stop other characters from being in.

My only problem with WFT is her timing. Everyone was frothing at the mouth for new characters; we got a heavily requested 3rd party, a requested joke character, and...another joke character that came out of left field. I like her and was legitimately surprised, but her and the Villiger aren't really traditional characters and don't build hype. If there was one more traditional newcomer at E3 her reveal would have been nothing but great. This is especially bad in hindsight when it turns out we aren't going to get another newcomer in a very long time.

Morbi

Scavenger
Link is destined to be terrible in every single Smash game, that's pretty much fact at this point.
That is the thing though, he was tolerable in Smash 64 and Melee. He was my best character easily. The second I tried Brawl's iteration I knew something was up. Luckily I didn't spoil anything when Brawl was released in Japan. I was super surprised at Toon Link being in the game, he was literally my knight in shining armor.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I was even more enraged when I saw Toon Link returned. Like, immeasurably angry. WFT+Toon Link started making me veeery wary of Sakurai.
But at the same time they kind of are worthy. Wii Fit (in Japan) was in every retirement home, every school, a lot of people's homes, etc. It represents the route they went with the wii. Toon link (The style) actually appears in more Zelda games (consistently as a style) then the "adult style" games if I recall and is second only to classic link if I recall properly.

My only problem with WFT is her timing. Everyone was frothing at the mouth for new characters; we got a heavily requested 3rd party, a requested joke character, and...another joke character that came out of left field. I like her and was legitimately surprised, but her and the Villiger aren't really traditional characters and don't build hype. If there was one more traditional newcomer at E3 her reveal would have been nothing but great. This is especially bad in hindsight when it turns out we aren't going to get another newcomer in a very long time.

Why do so many call the villager a joke character? He's been one character I have been hoping for since Brawl (And I am so glad the Nook supporters were wrong that he was too ambiguous to be added in.) Villager making it in was more exciting for me than megaman was.

Morbi

Scavenger
"OMG CHARACTER I DON'T LIKE IS STEALING ROSTER SPOTS FROM CHARACTERS I WANT BOO HOO" - Majority of the haters

Haters gonna hate. Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch and Wii Fit Trainer all contribute to varied gameplay styles.

And what the bloody hell is with those absurd claims that characters steal spots from others? A character is either added or not, simple as that. Wii Fit Trainer doesn't stop other characters from being in.
That is literally the case my good friend. Say Sakurai is shooting for a roster with 40 slots, he decides to cut Mewtwo and Roy late in development for Sonic. Voila, Sonic stole Mewtwo's slot. It is common sense.

However, I see what you are getting at, you are just phrasing it incorrectly.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I was thinking about what Cpt. Falcon's design would be like in this game, and just realised that the F-Zero franchise has been essentially dead since before Brawl came out.

There's nothing new to incorporate, all the F-Zero stuff has to be based on 10+ year old games.

Poor Falcon. :sadeyes:
Not exactly.

F-Zero anniversary is pretty relevant.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
That is literally the case my good friend. Say Sakurai is shooting for a roster with 40 slots, he decides to cut Mewtwo and Roy late in development for Sonic. Voila, Sonic stole Mewtwo's slot. It is common sense.

However, I see what you are getting at, you are just phrasing it incorrectly.
But at the same time it seems like he makes a list of most important to least important and tries to fit in as many as he can. (Evidence- Jiggs/Wolfs possible late additions and Mewtwo's theme in Brawls data from when each character had an individual theme.) Although in Melee Sakurai did say he scrapped dedede (an original character) in order to make the 6 melee clones (Because the time only allowed for 1 original character or a set of clones, he chose clones to buff the roster) but I do not know i am not sure that source was legitimate.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Guys, I can feel it. The pic will be out in a few minutes... :alien:
(Actually, im just stalling till a new page starts so that more people will see it)
Also:

Why do so many call the villager a joke character? He's been one character I have been hoping for since Brawl (And I am so glad the Nook supporters were wrong that he was too ambiguous to be added in.) Villager making it in was more exciting for me than megaman was.

I don't mean joke as in "useless and pointless" I mean he's more there to make you laugh. He is one of my favorite characters, and I was bummed when he wasn't in Brawl. What I mean is he isn't traditionally what you would expect from these types of games. He's not a hero, a villain, a fighter, or anyone else you would expect to go up against a galactic bounty hunter and the Hero of Time. he's a little guy who runs errands around town and designs clothing. He's a great addition, he's just not a character I would expect to be one of the "big three" reveals for the game, nor would I expect him to carry us through a dry spell.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't mean joke as in "useless and pointless" I mean he's more there to make you laugh. He is one of my favorite characters, and I was bummed when he wasn't in Brawl. What I mean is he isn't traditionally what you would expect from these types of games. He's not a hero, a villain, a fighter, or anyone else you would expect to go up against a galactic bounty hunter and the Hero of Time. he's a little guy who runs errands around town and designs clothing. He's a great addition, he's just not a character I would expect to be one of the "big three" reveals for the game, nor would I expect him to carry us through a dry spell.
He makes me laugh a lot more once the murder gifs and **** gifs started surfacing. I didn't want him in the game; however, I now crave him. He is going to be an excellent addition. I can't wait to take the ax to a few Nintendo characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom