• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I think it's important to realize that, while some aspects of the game will definitely be modified a bit between the trailers and the final game, like the capsules, the aspects of the game you guys hate the most (FLUDD, Toad, etc.) will not necessarily follow just because you hate them. Nevertheless, this is a nice reminder that such tweaks are possible...I wonder what others will follow?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Also, redesign is different than changing actual gameplay.
I guess the capsule's redesign took literally minutes of their time, while reworking a moveset would become much longer and harder.

AwesomeToad

Smash Rookie
NNID
xAwesomeToadx
3DS FC
4811-7440-8427

It looks like the skinnier capsule used in the left picture is taken directly from Brawl. The new capsules look much better, since they have higher quality textures and lighting.

Things really are subject to change, after all, but that's not an excuse to make absurd predictions. This was simply a model change, while removing F.L.U.D.D. from Mario's moveset would take much more work than changing the capsule's model.
Hmmmm.... how would the villager wrap his hands around the new capsule design, will he pick it up with two hands now like a crate? I doubt it.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The capsules are fatter and shorter nice

I think november is the begining of dojo more like updates

And sakurai with little information probably going to be like items and stage information and character moves differences and new moves

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
okay so I just went on serebii's twitter (a pokemon news site for those of you who did not know) and they posted a picture saying "pikachu featured in new smash bros screen shot. and its a pic I have never seen before. Does anyone know whats up with this??

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
okay so I just went on serebii's twitter (a pokemon news site for those of you who did not know) and they posted a picture saying "pikachu featured in new smash bros screen shot. and its a pic I have never seen before. Does anyone know whats up with this??

I had the exact same thought. I too have never seen the screenshot before.

Look what I found:

http://nintendoeverything.com/new-super-smash-bros-for-3ds-screenshots/

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
They apparently came from the Nintendo 3DS official facebook page. (At least the European one)

Here are the others.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
That's kind of odd. Doesn't really show anything new, it's just a bunch of pictures of mostly Toon Link, and it's not really in promotion of anything either. Not that I'm complaining.

And so far...Toon Link's moveset looks the same...meh..never mind I like Toon Link's moveset in Brawl. Unless Sakurai is changing stuff.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
imagine the annoyance if all of those pictures were spaced out once a day on the original site. that would be 12 days of horrible updates.

D

Deleted member

People compare those to DBZ.
When they look more like propane tanks.

You know what that means.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Too bad I will never see this capsule in play
Sakurai decides to remove tripping, but force items to spawn, at least the capsules+boxes. :troll:

I just hope we can turn capsules+boxes off. I only have melee currently (I will get 64 and brawl later) and it's annoying to play with items on, and then capsules+boxes spawn with no way to turn them off if I want to have any other items on the map. (Especially if I want to do stupid stuff like all bomb ombs on very high). More annoying when the camera pans to an item. I like having items on to make stuff more unpredictable by using stuff that spawns somewhat nearby. Not to make me go over the map to make the camera to go back to normal.

I like the new capsules perhaps it'll be easier for newer players to pick up the capsules, and ranged attacks won't be as likely to hit the capsules. I cannot tell you how many times I've seen people just try to pick up a capsule and accidently attack it to KO themselves when it blows up. This new design will help with that if they want to keep the exploding thing in. I've never seen newer players get annoyed with anything else in the smash bros series as the exploding capsules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom