• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Because Jigglypuff has outlived her relevancy for far too long. Shes a terrible Pokemon and a waste of space otherwise usable for better choices.
I know Jigglypuff isn't a "relevant" Pokémon, but who would you include instead? Take into consideration that we're likely to get 5 Pokémon characters, the Brawl roster + Mewtwo, and if Mewtwo boots anyone off, it'll likely be Lucario. So who will you add instead? Genesect has outlived his relevancy too, all 5th Gens are out of luck in that department. In fact, Jigglypuff is even more relevant than those are because it's Fairy-type. 6th Gen doesn't have any mascots besides the legendaries, and those aren't fit for playable status for many reasons.

There's no currently relevant Pokémon that'd be fit to boot off Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff means something to Smash Bros, being in every installment to date, and is easy to implement. There's no reason to cut Jigglypuff, whether she's relevant or not anymore. Even then Sakurai has been shown to not care about relevancy on many accounts, like including Jigglypuff in Brawl.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
I know Jigglypuff isn't a "relevant" Pokémon, but who would you include instead? Take into consideration that we're likely to get 5 Pokémon characters, the Brawl roster + Mewtwo, and if Mewtwo boots anyone off, it'll likely be Lucario. So who will you add instead? Genesect has outlived his relevancy too, all 5th Gens are out of luck in that department. In fact, Jigglypuff is even more relevant than those are because it's Fairy-type. 6th Gen doesn't have any mascots besides the legendaries, and those aren't fit for playable status for many reasons.

There's no currently relevant Pokémon that'd be fit to boot off Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff means something to Smash Bros, being in every installment to date, and is easy to implement. There's no reason to cut Jigglypuff, whether she's relevant or not anymore. Even then Sakurai has been shown to not care about relevancy on many accounts, like including Jigglypuff in Brawl.
You completely miss the point. Good job.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
You claimed that she should be out due to a lack of relevance, in which I responded.
Thats a minor issue. The meat of the issue and the other part of my statement was about how she is useless, pointless, and a waste of space otherwise usable by another rep. ChickenWing summed it up well in that shes practically invisible to Smash players. No one picks Jigglypuff on their own because shes not that great in comparison to the rest of the roster, and in terms of Pokemon popularity no one gives two ****s about her. Shes literally roster filler. Shes simply given a pass though because she was one of the original 12.

And, in terms of relevancy, Im sure out of the 700+ Pokemon in existence at least ONE could be found as a good replacement.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Thats a minor issue. The meat of the issue and the other part of my statement was about how she is useless, pointless, and a waste of space otherwise usable by another rep. ChickenWing summed it up well in that shes practically invisible to Smash players. No one picks Jigglypuff on their own because shes not that great in comparison to the rest of the roster, and in terms of Pokemon popularity no one gives two ****s about her. Shes literally roster filler. Shes simply given a pass though because she was one of the original 12.

And, in terms of relevancy, Im sure out of the 700+ Pokemon in existence at least ONE could be found as a good replacement.
It's undeniable that Jigglypuff is likely one of the least popular characters, if not the least popular all together. Part of the reason for that is that she sucks big time in Brawl though, people were quite a bit more fond of her in Melee, where as the other pink puffball was looked down upon, that being Kirby. Fix her up and she'll at least gain quite a bit more popularity, she'll never reach Pikachu or Pokémon Trainer levels of popularity, but if she'll become better than she was in Brawl, she'll become quite a bit more popular. Remember, despite not being popular characters around the world, many people just main who they find fun to play. There's tons of people who have never played Fire Emblem for example, especially during the Melee days where it was nearly unheard of in the west, and yet Marth is one of the most popular characters, and that's because he's fun to play. Same goes for Captain Falcon, the character himself hadn't been popular at all if it wasn't for the fact that he was fun as hell to play in Smash Bros. As long as Jigglypuff is tweaked up, given a new side-b and generally made better and more fun, she can become quite a popular choice, that's the case for all characters.

The words "useless", "pointless" and so on is entirely subjective though, and is not going to affect the roster one bit.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93

Nobody is basing it on relevantcy although if it were to come down to that you would be correct.

I was pretty much pointing out that she is one of the most underused characters and putting her in Smash is meaningless. At least give us pokemon that isn't going to sit helplessy in their icon box, waiting for a player to eventually decide to drag their cursor over to him/her for a selection.

You can name me any of the latest pokemon and I'm sure players will make better use of them over jiggs. The point is she is a terrible fighter. Is she bad in melee? No, but she was pretty broken/cheap another reason nobody utilized her. If Sakurai can fix these few aspects and.... actually f*ck it. He can't fix what could never be fixed.

In the end a weak, floaty, light as hell, poor excuse of a character should not be involved in this title. End of discussion.

Btw Mewtwo all day muthaf****!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Nobody is basing it on relevantcy although if it were to come down to that you would be correct.

I was pretty much pointing out that she is one of the most underused characters and putting her in Smash is meaningless. At least give us pokemon that isn't going to sit helplessy in their icon box, waiting for a player to eventually decide to drag their cursor over to him/her for a selection.

You can name me any of the latest pokemon and I'm sure players will make better use of them over jiggs. The point is she is a terrible fighter. Is she bad in melee? No, but she was pretty broken/cheap another reason nobody utilized her. If Sakurai can fix these few aspects and.... actually f*ck it. He can't fix what could never be fixed.

In the end a weak, floaty, light as hell, poor excuse of a character should not be involved in this title. End of discussion.
Ummm, no, not end of discussion, because EVERYTHING you said in this post is subjective. You didn't say one thing that should convince me, you just gave your own opinion on the matter, which is useless.

And yes, look at the post I quoted, he did bash it on relevancy.

Not even going to bother with this post.

Steelia

Smash Champion
inb4LucinaAlternateCostumelolspoilers

Thanks, WFT.
Very happy to see Marth sporting his Shadow Dragon attire. Some people are claiming he still looks feminine, but I don't really see it [as much].

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Huh, this was quite the surprise! I can't say I was expecting Marth at all. I was actually expecting a Zelda veteran to be revealed to promote A Link Between Worlds. Maybe we'll get two character reveals this month? Marth just seems out of the blue.

Regardless, he's looking fantastic and I can't wait to try him out again. I can never get enough of the visuals in this game.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93

Since you brought up the original 12 might I just add that Falcon needs to be approved. I will lose my sh*t if I can't knee someone in the face the second I pick up my copy.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Since you brought up the original 12 might I just add that Falcon needs to be approved. I will lose my sh*t if I can't knee someone in the face the second I pick up my copy.
Captain Falcon as a starter sure isn't too far-fetched, seeing all of these unlockables on the site currently makes me optimistic about him appearing early too. Plus, F-Zero has an anniversary this month, so if we're lucky just maybe we might see the Captain this month. Though I'm probably going to bet on Zelda over him.

If he isn't a starter, then I'm going to do the same thing I did in Brawl, unlock Falcon as the very first thing I do in the game (unless Ridley is in.)

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Ummm, no, not end of discussion, because EVERYTHING you said in this post is subjective. You didn't say one thing that should convince me, you just gave your own opinion on the matter, which is useless.

And yes, look at the post I quoted, he did bash it on relevancy.

Not even going to bother with this post.
Find me a minimum of 10 members who will be supportive enough to accept this character in the 4th installment.

Then I will get to my knees and grovel @ your feet. Until then..

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Find me a minimum of 10 members who will be supportive enough to accept this character in the 4th installment.

Pfh, you start a thread or w/e for that yourself, you'll see that people will indeed support it, I'm not going to run around and ask who'll support Jigglypuff. She isn't universally hated or anything, she's just not a popular choice for a main. I can point to Brad-Rock at the top of this page as one, Morbid is the Jigglypuff master, he was also fighting some guy for the spot of Jigglypuff on the Smashboards Roster whos name escapes me for some reason, and then there's of course me. That's 4 people already off the top of my head, it isn't too hard.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Pfh, you start a thread or w/e for that yourself, you'll see that people will indeed support it, I'm not going to run around and ask who'll support Jigglypuff. She isn't universally hated or anything, she's just not a popular choice for a main. I can point to Brad-Rock at the top of this page as one, Morbid is the Jigglypuff master, he was also fighting some guy for the spot of Jigglypuff on the Smashboards Roster whos name escapes me for some reason, and then there's of course me. That's 4 people already off the top of my head, it isn't too hard.
It's not too hard you say. Though Im sure the support for jiggs pales in comparison to the support for every other character.

Also, what can you say about jiggs that makes her a worthy character other than being relevant?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's not too hard you say. Though Im sure the support for jiggs pales in comparison to the support for every other character.
Potential newcomers included or just veterans? Because there's no potential Pokémon newcomer with as much support (Mewtwo is a veteran). As for veterans, like I stated previously, Jigglypuff is one of the least popular characters in Brawl for sure, but it can easily be fixed. Read my post above, I'll go get something to eat meanwhile.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Potential newcomers included or just veterans? Because there's no potential Pokémon newcomer with as much support (Mewtwo is a veteran). As for veterans, like I stated previously, Jigglypuff is one of the least popular characters in Brawl for sure, but it can easily be fixed. Read my post above, I'll go get something to eat meanwhile.
Newcomers haven't even been tested yet so of course not them. Veterans? Yes, sure of more supporters. A lot more.

Btw can you heat me up something as well Im starving :(

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045

Wow you really should just stop posting on the subject.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

I support Purin.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I too support Jigglypuff for Smash 4. Ain't no reason she should be cut.

EDIT: Never thought I'd actually have to say that. -_-

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Nd when she turns out just as bad as she was in Brawl I will be here, laughing as the look of dissapointment runs down your face.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
Two major concerns:

1) Marth is back! That makes me happy! Also, his design looks cool. I was originally worried that I wouldn't like a re-design for Marth, but it looks pretty great.

2) Hey-hey-woah-woah-hey. Jigglypuff isn't some pile of garbage among the Smash pantheon. Granted, she is an often overlooked choice, but she's still a popular Pokemon. Along with Alakazam, Mewtwo, and Snorlax, Jigglypuff is one of my favorite Pokemon. I'd be pretty sad, if, for some reason, she was taken out of Smash.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Yes, my main is back! I freaking love his Shadow Dragon design too! It's freaking gorgeous! Just look at the fleece on the emblem on his cape. The brighter blue hue of his garb. His Falchion is even distinct from Chrom's.

I expected Marth to return, as he is pretty much the series rep for Fire Emblem. His reveal solves the greater part of the Fire Emblem rep debacle. I'm sure Lucina's chances are hurt, but Chrom should be coming in. I think a third rep for Fire Emblem is possible at this point, and a mage, lancer, axe, calvary, manakete, what have you should fill it up.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Nd when she turns out just as bad as she was in Brawl I will be here, laughing as the look of dissapointment runs down your face.
Yoshi was pretty bad overall in Brawl but I still had a blast playing as him, and wasn't the slightest bit disappointed with his inclusion or representation. He was one of my favorite characters and one of my sub-mains. I look forward to playing as him in SSB4, even if he is low-tier.

I could say the exact same thing about Jigglypuff.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Seriously, Jigglypuff is coming into the game whether you like it or not. I support her wholeheartedly.

I mean, who wants Smash's designated punching bag to go anytime soon?

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

Do you really just play with only good characters!? Where's the fun in that!? I'd choose Ganondorf over Meta Knight any day!

Why, bcuz of the fact that she actually made it into the game?

Lol I will laugh at that too! Good point! xD

Glad we are on the same page.

Seriously...Enough with the puns.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I mainly play Marth because I like his character, playstyle, and feel quite confident when I use his abilities. I also pick up Pit and even Meta Knight frequently, but I also love Kirby. I acknowledge that my main is high tier and fares well in most match-ups, but I could care less about some menial competitive rank. All the characters are fun and easy to pick up and play.

That's where I feel this anti-Jigglypuff bull**** is mainly stemming from. Its popularity is subjective to debate.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Do you really just play with only good characters!? Where's the fun in that!? I'd choose Ganondorf over Meta Knight any day!
Actually I main Falcon in Brawl aside from Snake so..

And Mewtwo in melee, but jiggs and those overused bairs. Feels like im in a Wizard of Oz movie.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I mainly play Marth because I like his character, playstyle, and feel quite confident when I use his abilities. I also pick up Pit and even Meta Knight frequently, but I also love Kirby. I acknowledge that my main is high tier and fares well in most match-ups, but I could care less about some menial competitive rank. All the characters are fun and easy to pick up and play.

That's where I feel this anti-Jigglypuff bull**** is mainly stemming from. Its popularity is subjective to debate.
Its nearly impossible for me to have fun with jigglypuff. Kirby yes? Puff? Gtfo

This has gone from a debate to everyone wailing their shlongs around and slapping each other on the legs with them.
Stop stealing my views on this situation

I know the number to 9—1—1

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
How the **** did we get to attacking Jigglypuff from the joy of Marth returning? HOW?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom