• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh I know. Just my opinion.
My list of likely cuts: :falco::sonic::snake::lucario::rob::toonlink::sheik:
Here's my version:

:snake: - Snake had his time in the limelight, I'd doubt he'd get in again.
:lucario: - I strongly think he will be cut for the new mewtwo forme
:toonlink: - He was in that spirit tracks stage, so I don't think it looks good for him.
:ike:- Although he did have a unique style, he might be swapped out for awakening chars.
:pt:- Not sure why, I just think he won't make it back.
:wolf:- We really don't need a triple clone... or 3 landmasters. Ever Again!

ForsakenProto

Smash Cadet
I know this has been posted, but i just noticed something. Look at the amount of detail in this! The platforms arent just floating, they're suspended by chains from the ceiling. Nothing huge, just pretty impressive with the amount of detail

Attachments

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
A few things very wrong with your list.
1. Lucario :lucario: is beast Zoroark should know his place
2. Falco :falco: is beast Krystal can GET OUT! (Do not call me sexist because its already fact even Fox kicked her out in Command)
3. Sonic :sonic: ain't going nowhere he is Mario's brother from another mother
4. Why the bloody hell would Sheik :sheik: be taken out? Sheik is a part of Zelda :zelda: ! Are you mad?

1. Lucario :lucario: will probably be replaced with MewTwo's return (or Zoroark)
2. Falco :falco: or Wolf :wolf: will probably get the boot.
3. Sonic :sonic: Like I said earlier, I wouldn't be surprised if stays or goes.
4. Sheik :sheik: will probably be replaced with Impa & Zelda :zelda: will probably be her own character based on Skyward Sword.
Just speculation. But I did call Pokemon Trainer :pt: , Lucario :lucario: , & Toon Link :toonlink: before they were revealed on the Dojo for Brawl last go around. My only character prediction that I got wrong last time was Ganondorf :ganondorf: having a new moveset with a sword. I mean, unless you count that taunt with the Sage's Sword. lol

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Sadly, Falco is my most likely to be cut first party character :falco:
? I...don't think you understood my post? They were talking about who changed the most from melee to brawl(to compare to the change Bowser's receiving), and I offered Falco as a candidate. Said nothing about Falco in the next game at all. And yet things snowball into a cuts discussion...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People are just cut crazy.

We may not even get cuts this time people, let alone five or six. :rolleyes:

Either way, we got Rush!

Yeah....Next picture please.

Kaljinyu

Smash Rookie
When the picture started to load, I saw Rush's face and almost had a heart attack, I thought it was a newcomer.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
Here's my version:

:snake: - Snake had his time in the limelight, I'd doubt he'd get in again.
:lucario: - I strongly think he will be cut for the new mewtwo forme
:toonlink: - He was in that spirit tracks stage, so I don't think it looks good for him.
:ike:- Although he did have a unique style, he might be swapped out for awakening chars.
:pt:- Not sure why, I just think he won't make it back.
:wolf:- We really don't need a triple clone... or 3 landmasters. Ever Again!

I do agree with you, but don't you think these characters: :rob: :popo: :ganondorf:, will also be cut? This is my vision: :rob:: Because he's been old news in my eyes, :popo:: They probably won't fit in the 3DS version. If that will be the case, than it will be cut off in both 3DS- and Wii U version of the next Smash Bros. :ganondorf:: Same reason as with R.O.B.. He's been old stuff in my opinion and will probably replaced by an other Zelda villian.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I do agree with you, but don't you think these characters: :rob: :popo: :ganondorf:, will also be cut? This is my vision: :rob:: Because he's been old news in my eyes, :popo:: They probably won't fit in the 3DS version. If that will be the case, than it will be cut off in both 3DS- and Wii U version of the next Smash Bros. :ganondorf:: Same reason as with R.O.B.. He's been old stuff in my opinion and will probably replaced by an other Zelda villian.
GANONDORF OF ALL PEOPLE?

Yeah....he's the main villain of the franchise. He's not going anywhere.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Sakurai seems to have a series of hits and misses every week. This IMO is a miss.

Overall I guess I still like the more close up view of Rush though and the Battlefield stage at night. I was just kinda expecting...more or less anything else.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
I saw the new pic of the day of July 5th. It looks a bit awkward and odd in my opinion, but it isn't that bad for making some pic of the next Smash Bros though. :rolleyes:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I understand your point of view, but last time I saw him was from Twilight Princess (and Ocarina of Time 3D). :ohwell: So I doubt it.
*Looks at the cross of Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword Link (Mostly Twilight Princess) in SSB4*
Yup.

Kaljinyu

Smash Rookie
Sakurai seems to like this one, Mario's petting Rush in it, Sakurai said it was adorable on Miiverse.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I understand your point of view, but last time I saw him was from Twilight Princess (and Ocarina of Time 3D). :ohwell: So I doubt it.
He's the main villain of the franchise.

His human form has been in...
Oot
WW
TP

With mentions of his human form in
FSA
OoA/OoS
PH

While Ganon (who is a different form of Ganondorf) appeared in...
Loz
LttP
FSA
OoA/OoS

He is by far the main villain of the franchise. Removing him would be like removing Bowser.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Removing Ganondorf because "it's been a while we saw him"? Pathetic excuse.

By that logic, we wouldn't have seen Mr. Game & Watch in Melee or Pit in Brawl. Why? It had been over 20 years since their last game, after all!

Characters are not determined by recentness! Just how many times do I have to explain?!

As for today's picture... nothing special, but I like the lighting effects of the floor's neon lights.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
He's the main villain of the franchise.

His human form has been in...
Oot
WW
TP

With mentions of his human form in
FSA
OoA/OoS
PH

While Ganon (who is a different form of Ganondorf) appeared in...
Loz
LttP
FSA
OoA/OoS

He is by far the main villain of the franchise. Removing him would be like removing Bowser.

I see. I completely agree with you, but how do you think Ganondorf will look like?

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
Removing Ganondorf because "it's been a while we saw him"? Pathetic excuse.

By that logic, we wouldn't have seen Mr. Game & Watch in Melee or Pit in Brawl. Why? It had been over 20 years since their last game, after all!

Characters are not determined by recentness! Just how many times do I have to explain?!

As for today's picture... nothing special, but I like the lighting effects of the floor's neon lights.

True story. :estatic:

D

Deleted member

Still no Kirby hats shown? Really interested to see what happens when Kirby gobbles up WFT.

wheeledjustice

Smash Rookie
A NEWCOMER APPROACHES!

I think this pic might be more interesting than everyone else. Why? Well...do you guys see Megaman anywhere because I sure as hell don't. Unless he's taking the time to crop the screencaps, what if Rush just kinda hangs around for a while after being used?

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
A NEWCOMER APPROACHES!

I think this pic might be more interesting than everyone else. Why? Well...do you guys see Megaman anywhere because I sure as hell don't. Unless he's taking the time to crop the screencaps, what if Rush just kinda hangs around for a while after being used?
It does, we've already seen this in the existing videos showing megaman gameplay.

Smur

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4141-3292-3562
I feel like Sakurai is laughing his butt off because he knows that we want more. I mean..that photo today..Mario and Rush? Come on D:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
idk why you guys think so many people are going to be cut. First of all, you can't apply normal cut logic to snake/sonic, because they are third party, and the deals have to change, so I won't talk about them.

I really only see cuts being likely in PKMN/FE, because there are A sooo many pokemon. I can see Mewtwo making a return, with his new form and crazy popularity, and Sakurai's comment at the pokemon conference. I don't see pika or jiggly being cut, being in every smash game. Idk what to think about PT or lucario, I wouldn't want to see either cut, but if neither are then I doubt we're getting yet another PKMN rep, and I'm not sure that's going to happen either

and B, every blue haired fire emblem lord is almost the same person. I don't see us getting Ike, Marth, and Chrom, all 3 blue haired lords, and I don't see Marth, the original lord, leaving.

But cutting falco? Sheik? ROB? You crazy. ROB will stay, just like G&W did. Sakurai likes his classic characters. 500$ says we're getting even more classic characters. probably little mac. maybe someone else. idk.

Falco and Shiek? Both in since Melee? Both integral characters to their series? no way in hell.

Toon Link? I don't know what to think here. I personally don't think we NEED two links, but honestly, their games are so different now, it feels like two different characters. And I support paper mario, so I can't really talk. We did see him on the train stage, but I don't think that necessarily means anything.

If anyone's gonna be cut, it's gonna be either

Ike (too many blue haired lords, only if chrom comes in)
Lucario (only if they add a new pokemon and Mew2)
Sonic (only if 3rd party deals fall through, he's too popular to not include otherwise)
Snake (idk why this would happen sakurai and kojima are friends but you never know)

Others I could see happening
PT- They might cut PT over Lucario to fit another PKMN in, but I really really hope not. Love Charizard IMO
Toon Link - He appears in that one stage, but I honestly doubt that means much.
Lucas - Mayyyyyybe. Idk. I personally doubt it, but idk. Mother never had a us release. he's kinda clone-y. They are trying to conserve space. idk.

If a character not on that list gets cut, I'll eat my hat.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Shut up about cuts, guys. Yeesh.
Talk about lack of class.

Today's photo would be nice if Mario wasn't battling Mega Man. He's probably trying to threaten Rush :c

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
I seem to have forgotten what today's photo even is... Now I have to travel back to page 1 of the forum...
So... much... arguing...

So Mario and Rush. Obviously the situation going on here is that after Megaman destroyed Mario at E3. Mario had to walk Megaman's dog Rush and feed him too. However Rush got angry at Mario because he doesn't like mushrooms and he bit off Mario's head. This is obviously the situation going on right now.... Obviously.
Now if I hear one more character discussion post I'm going to go Gigabowser up in this ****!

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
I seem to have forgotten what today's photo even is... Now I have to travel back to page 1 of the forum...
So... much... arguing...

So Mario and Rush. Obviously the situation going on here is that after Megaman destroyed Mario at E3. Mario had to walk Megaman's dog Rush and feed him too. However Rush got angry at Mario because he doesn't like mushrooms and he bit off Mario's head. This is obviously the situation going on right now.... Obviously.
Now if I hear one more character discussion post I'm going to go Gigabowser up in this ****!
Agreed 100%. It's clear that Mario's face is replaced by Rush in this picture, so it's only safe to assume they'll have some sort of transformation or team attack together.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I posted this in the General Discussion thread but this seems relevant to the conversation going on here too:

I remember shortly after Brawl came out a number of people were debating what determined whether a character was "safe" or not. Here are a few things people speculated:

1. Characters that have appeared in more than one Smash game have more prevalence than those that have just appeared in one.

2. Characters who appear in the starting roster at some point in time have more prevalence than unlockable characters.

3. Main characters have prevalence over side characters.

4. Characters with unique movesets have prevalence over clones and semiclones.

5. Characters with more modern relevance have prevalence over older characters.

6. First/second party characters have prevalence over third party characters.

7. Popularity is less significant than everything listed above.

So, if we were to divide up the current cast into tiers into how likely they are to stick around based on these standards, it would look something like this:

God Tier:

:mario2: :dk2: :link2: :samus2: :yoshi2: :kirby2: :fox: :pikachu2:

The original 8. All are the stars in their respective franchises, all have unique movesets, and all have been starters in every single game so far.If any of them were cut, the universe would probably implode on itself.

Top Tier:

:luigi2: :falcon: :ness2: :jigglypuff: :popo: :marth: :gw:

The original 4 unlockables plus the Ice Climbers and the two unlockable franchise stars in Melee. Aside from Luigi, all have unique movesets, all are the leading characters in their respective franchises, and all have been in at least two games. It should also be noted that Ness and Captain Falcon were both starters in Melee, theoretically increasing their "job security."Jigglypuff's relevance is iffy but the other factors are argued to help her out a lot. It should be noted that of the new additions to Melee's starting roster, the Ice Climbers were the only ones that represented a new franchise. Ice Climbers, Marth, and Game and Watch are ranked above people like Bowser and Peach simply because they are the stars of their respective franchises. The chances of any of these characters leaving is pretty small.

High Tier:

:bowser2: :peach: :zelda: :sheik: :ganondorf: :falco: :toonlink:

Melee's new starting roster additions as well some of the Melee unlockables who "survived" the cuts. All are side characters but still important to their franchises with several of them being playable in canon appearances.All have been in at least two games and more than half of them have unique movesets. These characters have been established as staples in Smash but not as much as the original cast. Some of these characters are only a little iffy but they are probably near the bottom of the list when it comes to characters that are being considered to be cut. If anything, they're more likely to be tweaked then get the boot.

Mid Tier:

:wario: :metaknight: :pit: :zerosuitsamus: :diddy: :dedede: :olimar: :rob:

Most of Brawl's new starting roster plus ROB. Roughly half of them are franchise stars and all of them have been playable in canon games in their respective franchise. All are still very relevant to their respective franchises and all have unique movesets. ROB is a special case largely because he was the only unlockable character in Brawl representing a new first party franchise to Smash. These characters are not yet staples of Smash Bros but it's widely agreed that they all have a long history ahead of them.

Low Tier:

:pt: :ike: :lucas:

The remaining newcomers in Brawl's starting roster. All are franchise stars but their relevance is argued to be questionable (especially Ike). PT and Ike have unique movesets while Lucas is the only semi-clone who has ever made it to the starting roster of a Smash game, something questionably significant but could ultimately save his skin. PT and Ike are in danger of being replaced by newer characters in their respective franchises and many people argue that Ike will become the new "Roy" once SSB4 actually comes out. These characters are on the chopping block but have enough going for them to not make them at the top of the list.

Bottom Tier:

:lucario: :snake: :sonic: :wolf:

The remaining new unlockable characters in Brawl including the two third party "guests." Despite Sonic's overwhelming popularity, modern relevance, and unique moveset, his inclusion is entirely dependent on SEGA's cooperation. If SEGA says no or Nintendo doesn't bother to contact them, that's the end of it. Snake's the same way except with Konami. Lucario's relevance is as hotly debated as PT and Ike but, unlike them, he was unlockable and he's a side character in his respective franchise. Wolf is still important to the Star Fox franchise but he's plagued with a number of things. He was Brawl's only unlockable new semi-clone and still a supporting character in his respective franchise. If there are any cuts made in SSB4, there is no doubt that at least one of these guys will be one of them.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
I posted this in the General Discussion thread but this seems relevant to the conversation going on here too:

I remember shortly after Brawl came out a number of people were debating what determined whether a character was "safe" or not. Here are a few things people speculated:

1. Characters that have appeared in more than one Smash game have more prevalence than those that have just appeared in one.

2. Characters who appear in the starting roster at some point in time have more prevalence than unlockable characters.

3. Main characters have prevalence over side characters.

4. Characters with unique movesets have prevalence over clones and semiclones.

5. Characters with more modern relevance have prevalence over older characters.

6. First/second party characters have prevalence over third party characters.

7. Popularity is less significant than everything listed above.

So, if we were to divide up the current cast into tiers into how likely they are to stick around based on these standards, it would look something like this:

God Tier:

:mario2: :dk2: :link2: :samus2: :yoshi2: :kirby2: :fox: :pikachu2:

The original 8. All are the stars in their respective franchises, all have unique movesets, and all have been starters in every single game so far.If any of them were cut, the universe would probably implode on itself.

Top Tier:

:luigi2: :falcon: :ness2: :jigglypuff: :popo: :marth: :gw:

The original 4 unlockables plus the Ice Climbers and the two unlockable franchise stars in Melee. Aside from Luigi, all have unique movesets, all are the leading characters in their respective franchises, and all have been in at least two games. It should also be noted that Ness and Captain Falcon were both starters in Melee, theoretically increasing their "job security."Jigglypuff's relevance is iffy but the other factors are argued to help her out a lot. It should be noted that of the new additions to Melee's starting roster, the Ice Climbers were the only ones that represented a new franchise. Ice Climbers, Marth, and Game and Watch are ranked above people like Bowser and Peach simply because they are the stars of their respective franchises. The chances of any of these characters leaving is pretty small.

High Tier:

:bowser2: :peach: :zelda: :sheik: :ganondorf: :falco: :toonlink:

Melee's new starting roster additions as well some of the Melee unlockables who "survived" the cuts. All are side characters but still important to their franchises with several of them being playable in canon appearances.All have been in at least two games and more than half of them have unique movesets. These characters have been established as staples in Smash but not as much as the original cast. Some of these characters are only a little iffy but they are probably near the bottom of the list when it comes to characters that are being considered to be cut. If anything, they're more likely to be tweaked then get the boot.

Mid Tier:

:wario: :metaknight: :pit: :zerosuitsamus: :diddy: :dedede: :olimar: :rob:

Most of Brawl's new starting roster plus ROB. Roughly half of them are franchise stars and all of them have been playable in canon games in their respective franchise. All are still very relevant to their respective franchises and all have unique movesets. ROB is a special case largely because he was the only unlockable character in Brawl representing a new first party franchise to Smash. These characters are not yet staples of Smash Bros but it's widely agreed that they all have a long history ahead of them.

Low Tier:

:pt: :ike: :lucas:

The remaining newcomers in Brawl's starting roster. All are franchise stars but their relevance is argued to be questionable (especially Ike). PT and Ike have unique movesets while Lucas is the only semi-clone who has ever made it to the starting roster of a Smash game, something questionably significant but could ultimately save his skin. PT and Ike are in danger of being replaced by newer characters in their respective franchises and many people argue that Ike will become the new "Roy" once SSB4 actually comes out. These characters are on the chopping block but have enough going for them to not make them at the top of the list.

Bottom Tier:

:lucario: :snake: :sonic: :wolf:

The remaining new unlockable characters in Brawl including the two third party "guests." Despite Sonic's overwhelming popularity, modern relevance, and unique moveset, his inclusion is entirely dependent on SEGA's cooperation. If SEGA says no or Nintendo doesn't bother to contact them, that's the end of it. Snake's the same way except with Konami. Lucario's relevance is as hotly debated as PT and Ike but, unlike them, he was unlockable and he's a side character in his respective franchise. Wolf is still important to the Star Fox franchise but he's plagued with a number of things. He was Brawl's only unlockable new semi-clone and still a supporting character in his respective franchise. If there are any cuts made in SSB4, there is no doubt that at least one of these guys will be one of them.
I gave you a warning. I gave you ample opportunities to stop talking about character. Now I go GIGABOWSER on you!

D

Deleted member

Back to the picture...Anyone else make out princess peach about to commit suicide because Mario left her for a dog.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Back to the picture...Anyone else make out princess peach about to commit suicide because Mario left her for a dog.

I hope I don't get hate for this but now that you point that little thing in the picture out it automatically makes me think about Mary mother of Jesus.
I'm sorry it was just the first thing that came to mind when you pointed that out. I understand if you guys don't understand. My mind is crazy at times.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I hope I don't get hate for this but now that you point that little thing in the picture out it automatically makes me think about Mary mother of Jesus.
I'm sorry it was just the first thing that came to mind when you pointed that out. I understand if you guys don't understand. My mind is crazy at times.
People seeing religious figures in architectural flaws?
No way!

Don't sweat it, friend.

D

Deleted member

Wow what the...when I look at it from a diffrent angle, it looks like mary is lying jesus on a bed? What a seriously trippy stage.

ForsakenProto

Smash Cadet

I always wonder if those floating islands play are of any important to something. But then I know I'm over thinking things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom