• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wow, you can see all the little details on Peach's collar and the horror in Fox's eyes.

Alzi

Smash Master
Good lord look at all those edges. They really dont know how to work with HD consoles.

Just remember it is still in development and it is going to be 1080p 60fps. Only once the game is out you can truly judge whether sakurai and his team know how to work with HD consoles. IMO they are doing a decent job so far.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Just remember it is still in development and it is going to be 1080p 60fps. Only once the game is out you can truly judge whether sakurai and his team know how to work with HD consoles. IMO they are doing a decent job so far.
:I The polygon count prooooobably isnt changing. Im talking about in terms of models.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
They aren't meant to be looked at this close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
What new information have we learned exactly from this picture?

Oh wait, nothing. It's becoming a real pain waiting an entire day, hoping for a character reveal, or at least some real information, and all we get is... Fox's teeth.

What a waste...

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
I would like to point out that a few posts above, a complete off topic discussion was going on. No mods around to complain. It was OK, I suppose. I'm not complaining.

But back when I talked about WFT's butt in great detail, THAT was off topic somehow... it's pretty difficult to interpret this as anything else than that the mods of this board are afraid of T-rated sex appeal. Sex appeal is obiously off topic, no matter if it's actually shown or not shown in in-game pics from the game. Someone explain that logic to me, please.

About today's pic, it's clearly a shot of Peach's left boob. Just look how it's bulging out towards the camera.

Now, if you say this is just me seeing things, then why:

- is Peach placed exactly there in the pic?
- why is the angle like it is?

It's funny how Sakurai keeps posting perverted (perversion is good) pics and then pretends to focus on something else in them.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
About today's pic, it's clearly a shot of Peach's left boob. Just look how it's bulging out towards the camera.

It's funny how Sakurai keeps posting perverted (perversion is good) pics and then pretends to focus on something else in them.
....... You're joking right

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Fox's teeth look much better in this lighting than they did in the blaster picture. It's now more clear that the various odd shapes are just different types of teeth (that I'm going to take on faith are ordinary for a fox) and that, while still a bit flat, they actually do look mostly reasonable for teeth.

You shouldn't be expecting new information every day. New information is an occasional bonus though I will point out that there are two things we hadn't seen before. This is the second super close-up of Fox, and you notice that his "scouter" has no info on it right now meaning it changes dynamically throughout the battle. I also believe this is the first super close-up of Peach, and we hadn't really been able to see the detail on the neck portion of her dress before, and it looks well done. That's not exactly earth-shattering, but take what you can get.

EDIT: Seriously, gamefaqs-level claim there about the boob. Peach has boobs, yes. She's a human female, and those do tend to have boobs. Only part of it is in the edge of the picture, and it's clearly not the focus (or even well defined by the type of dress she wears). This picture isn't sexual, and to be honest, I don't think any of the ones we've seen so far have been. I don't think anyone really wants to hear talk about sexualizing non-Captain Falcon smash characters on these forums to be honest; it's just not what we're about here.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I would like to point out that a few posts above, a complete off topic discussion was going on. No mods around to complain. It was OK, I suppose. I'm not complaining.

But back when I talked about WFT's butt in great detail, THAT was off topic somehow... it's pretty difficult to interpret this as anything else than that the mods of this board are afraid of T-rated sex appeal. Sex appeal is obiously off topic, no matter if it's actually shown or not shown in in-game pics from the game. Someone explain that logic to me, please.

You are just seeing things.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well we haven't seen Peach since September 24 as far as Daily pics go and here she's holding Fox. While I was hoping for newer stuff, it's those details, and the fact that Fox is getting more attention than he used to that's keeping me satisfied.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sometimes I wish Pit was the one getting that treatment... Actually I always do... D: That's where imagination comes in.

But before I get into my silly mind bout Peach+Pit again, you think this Friday will bring us something special? Pokemon will be out for a whole week starting tomorrow, so perhaps late hype to come while we were settling into Pokmon XY? Or will it happen at the end of the month?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Looks like someone hates cooties

Anyway crossing my fingers tomorrow we get R.O.B but not getting overhyped about it

If we do that can count as a birthday gift to me (not R.O.Bs birthday mine)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
:I The polygon count prooooobably isnt changing. Im talking about in terms of models.
Even if the polygon count isn't high you won't be able to see stuff like this in-game, not even if you pause the game since you can't zoom in this much without hacks or Sakurai magic. That's the golden rule of making video games (and 3D in general,) make something small look as big as possible. In that way they also minimize loading time and such.

Plus, I can't see why they'd have an unnecessarily high poly count during testing, it'd make testing slower and thus development slower. Though nothing like that changed from Brawl 'till release, so I'm not holding my breath, and I don't really care much either.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
No, but let's just say Fox's teeth were not the first thing I saw in this pic.
Wow, you have quite the dirty mind.
Regardless, if you find the moderator policies to be faulty, it would be best to PM them, I think. By bringing it up here you're doing nothing but derailing the topic again.

As for the picture, I don't really enjoy these closeups too much since it makes the models look a little ugly. It's nice to know the amount of detail put into things such as Fox's teeth and headset, but it's not that appealing to look at.

Updates in general have been pretty slow this week. Nothing really interesting or new has been shown since Link's shield, and we didn't get a character reveal like we thought we would. Perhaps I have been spoiled.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At times, I think Nintendo is just taking the easy road by reusing the Brawl models, and tweaking their textures; Smash 4 Fox hardly looks any different from his Brawl incarnation. Of course, not all Brawl models have been reused when you look at Bowser.

D

Deleted member

Forget Bowser, does Samus look like they just reused Brawl's model?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sometimes I wish Pit was the one getting that treatment... Actually I always do... D: That's where imagination comes in.

But before I get into my silly mind bout Peach+Pit again, you think this Friday will bring us something special? Pokemon will be out for a whole week starting tomorrow, so perhaps late hype to come while we were settling into Pokmon XY? Or will it happen at the end of the month?
Probably not. It's likely that we're in for another stall (we're already 2 weeks into one if you think about it) but, really, that isn't a bad thing. The last time Sakurai put us through a drought he broke it with three character reveals, one new stage, and one stage tease in the span of 4 weeks. Now we just play the waiting game...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
At times, I think Nintendo is just taking the easy road by reusing the Brawl models, and tweaking their textures; Smash 4 Fox hardly looks any different from his Brawl incarnation. Of course, not all Brawl models have been reused when you look at Bowser.
It's not really necessary though. Why create a new model from scratch just so that it looks like the old one instead of taking the old one and upgrading it? Since they still wanted this Fox design, then it'd be stupid to make a completely new model. It was more so necessary with the Melee to Brawl transition since there was a bigger graphical leap between the consoles and many of the characters changed designs, but this time it works fine. Don't try and fix something that isn't broken.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
There's hasn't been any new (as in non-remake) Star Fox games post-Brawl. Why are people surprised he doesn't look that different?
I think it's just because since it is a new game some people assume/want brand new models for the characters. I know I was surprised when I first saw that fox's model was only an update from Brawl. But now I really like how it looks at this point. Plus there is also the fact that Star Fox Command was the last game and this model only takes elements from it even though the other characters have models based on their latest games.

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
Plus there is also the fact that Star Fox Command was the last game and this model only takes elements from it even though the other characters have models based on their latest games.
Well technically Star Fox 3D was the last game released, so they could have taken one of his old models or whatever they updated on there and use that.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
You know, have you guys ever stopped over-speculating and thought that maybe it's a new Smash original aside from Battlefield and Final Destination?

All of the stages themed towards a certain franchise have certain landmarks, symbols and highly recognizable and distinguishable features from their specific games.

And guess what this ring has plastered all over it? THE SMASH SYMBOL!

Not a "Punch-Out!" or a picture of Little Mac or even a punching glove, THE SMASH SYMBOL!

Ya know, just food for thought if you people wanna try thinking more simply for once.
The Rings in Punch-Out didn't have a Punch-Out logo, or a Little Mac logo, they had logos that indicated what circuit they belong to.
Maybe it's a Smash Circuit, otherwise, why have the three stars?
EDIT: Sorry for saying this so late, but I had to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom