• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
Well technically Star Fox 3D was the last game released, so they could have taken one of his old models or whatever they updated on there and use that.
I wouldn't count that game since it's only a remake of a game they already based fox's model after, in both 64 and Melee. And even with what you say, his new model still doesn't take after Star Fox 3D.

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
You know, have you guys ever stopped over-speculating and thought that maybe it's a new Smash original aside from Battlefield and Final Destination?

All of the stages themed towards a certain franchise have certain landmarks, symbols and highly recognizable and distinguishable features from their specific games.

And guess what this ring has plastered all over it? THE SMASH SYMBOL!

Not a "Punch-Out!" or a picture of Little Mac or even a punching glove, THE SMASH SYMBOL!

Ya know, just food for thought if you people wanna try thinking more simply for once.

Mmm, I think it would be mistaken to reach that conclusion. If we remember the stages from Super Smash Bros. Brawl, we recall that there was one stage which, although themed towards a recognized franchise (Animal Crossing), was plagued with THE SMASH SYMBOL in both its hard platform and the soft one.

Note THE SMASH SYMBOL! in the upper-right corner of the mobile platform:

THE SMASH SYMBOL! can also be seen in the upper-right corner of the main platform of Smashville (under Sheik is located):

As we can see, the Animal Crossing themed stage didn't show any kind of symbolism from the franchise mentioned above. So, concerning to the ring stage from SSB Wii U, it is not as out of place to speculate if it will end up being the home stage of a game like Punch Outt!! after all.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I believe when I'm playing a fast paced (stay with me Melee hardons) smash game, the graphical imperfections are a bit completely not noticeable.

It's not really necessary though. Why create a new model from scratch just so that it looks like the old one instead of taking the old one and upgrading it? Since they still wanted this Fox design, then it'd be stupid to make a completely new model. It was more so necessary with the Melee to Brawl transition since there was a bigger graphical leap between the consoles and many of the characters changed designs, but this time it works fine. Don't try and fix something that isn't broken.
Basically, it makes much more sense. I mean how many times can they change an overall wearing Italian look extremely different. It's not their focus. Although this time around the game looks colorful and appealing (Look at Pikachu, That mix of classic and modern sonic, Toon Links expressions). Honestly why people complain about these silly things I don't understand. I mean what does Sakurai owe you?

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Punch Out HD:

Smash Circuit - Fight well known Nintendo characters and show them your skills

1. Donkey Kong

2. Villager

3. Fighter Kirby

4. Mario

Finale - Captain Falcon

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Mmm, I think it would be mistaken to reach that conclusion. If we remember the stages from Super Smash Bros. Brawl, we recall that there was one stage which, although themed towards a recognized franchise (Animal Crossing), was plagued with THE SMASH SYMBOL in both its hard platform and the soft one.

Note THE SMASH SYMBOL! in the upper-right corner of the mobile platform:

THE SMASH SYMBOL! can also be seen in the upper-right corner of the main platform of Smashville (under Sheik is located):

As we can see, the Animal Crossing themed stage didn't show any kind of symbolism from the franchise mentioned above. So, concerning to the ring stage from SSB Wii U, it is not as out of place to speculate if it will end up being the home stage of a game like Punch Outt!! after all.
The symbolism is the characters and the town in the background you blind idiot. Unlike the Smash Ring, which is just your average boxing ring with the Smash symbol in the middle, this is an exact place right from Animal Crossing. There's no way of mistaking where it's from at all.

You're thinking way too hard.

Again, Smash stage until proven otherwise with a reveal. Anything else you people come up with is pointless speculation with nothing solid to actually back it up, so just wait and see instead of jumping the gun.

Seriously, did you REALLY have to bring this back up? Or to be a smartass about how I stated the symbol? By the way, I can't see it in either of those shots you mentioned. Sorry.

Morbi

Scavenger
The symbolism is the characters and the town in the background you blind idiot. Unlike the Smash Ring, which is just your average boxing ring with the Smash symbol in the middle, this is an exact place right from Animal Crossing. There's no way of mistaking where it's from at all.

You're thinking way too hard.

Again, Smash stage until proven otherwise with a reveal. Anything else you people come up with is pointless speculation with nothing solid to actually back it up, so just wait and see instead of jumping the gun.

Seriously, did you REALLY have to bring this back up? Or to be a smartass about how I stated the symbol? By the way, I can't see it in either of those shots you mentioned. Sorry.
So that floating island is actually in Animal Crossing? An exact place right from the game?!

D

Deleted member

Saying it's just a Smash stage is speculation until proven as well.
It doesn't work one way and not the other.

So for now, it's an unknown stage. Can't be considered Smash original or Punch-Out until more information is given.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
He'd be too easy. His punches easy to dodge and blocks slow, but boy would they be hard in Little Mac!
Tweak him:
His punches = Instant down
He hardly flinches.
Edit: Attack him too long = Dark Flame Choke (or whatever >B is)
Second Edit: On the original list, change the order:
Villager
Mario
Fighter Kirby
Donkey Kong
[Add Bowser]
Captain Falcon
[Add Ganon]

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So that floating island is actually in Animal Crossing? An exact place right from the game?!
I said the background you illiterate dip****. -_-

Saying it's just a Smash stage is speculation until proven as well.
It doesn't work one way and not the other.

So for now, it's an unknown stage. Can't be considered Smash original or Punch-Out until more information is given.
Actually, it does work one way and not the other.

Because even if it isn't a Punch Out stage, it's still a stage made for Smash Bros. just like all the other ones are, since they're alternate versions of those areas made specifically for Smash. It just ends up not doubling for two things in the other scenario.

I mean, if you're gonna go the anally technical route with this, anyway.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
I'll say it again. Grasping at straws. Desperately looking for evidence so you can have hope that your favorite character will make the cut. I don't mean to sound like an ass, but this is getting a bit silly. Let's talk about something completely relevant, and on-topic.

Peach's mouth in today's image looks suggestive. There, I said it.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Proclaiming it as a Smash stage is speculation in itself. It doesn't matter how safe or default any speculation may be, speculation is still speculation, and I despise it in all its forms.

MetalMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GabrieloMiguel
THIS is what the boxing stage reminds me of
aiba-world-boxing-championships-news-picture-11.jpg

As in, A normal boxing ring. As of now, my money is on a characterless stage. Unless I see Glass Joe in the background or something, Ill still assume its a generic boxing ring.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The people claiming this isn't a Punch-Out stage, are any of you expecting Little Mac? If you are, do you mean to say we'll receive this stage in addition to a Punch-Out stage? Two boxing stages?

Yes, it could just be a Smash stage, but if we do get Little Mac and an accompanying stage, do you really think Sakurai would choose a boxing ring to make a generic Smash stage the same game we get a boxer and a stage for the boxer? Really? It makes little sense, considering all the other Smash original stages he could come up with that wouldn't infringe on other series.

I know I already raised this, but I still don't quite understand the mentality of those saying it's not a Punch-Out stage yet think we still might get Little Mac.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
The people claiming this isn't a Punch-Out stage, are any of you expecting Little Mac? If you are, do you mean to say we'll receive this stage in addition to a Punch-Out stage? Two boxing stages?

Yes, it could just be a Smash stage, but if we do get Little Mac and an accompanying stage, do you really think Sakurai would choose a boxing ring to make a generic Smash stage the same game we get a boxer and a stage for the boxer? Really? It makes little sense, considering all the other Smash original stages he could come up with that wouldn't infringe on other series.

I know I already raised this, but I still don't quite understand the mentality of those saying it's not a Punch-Out stage yet think we still might get Little Mac.
I dont expect Little Mac at all.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Whoa in this corner, we have the camp that believes it's a Little Mac inspired stage complete with colored ropes and green showman lights!

In this corner we have the devilish party who refute any possibility of it being a Mac stage and simply peg it as an original Smash Bro stage!

Who will win? Spoiler alert but you guys are trying to prove something with little fact. Both sides of the argument have very little support to their claim but live by it.

It's a stage, the game comes out (for now) next year. Proving if it is or isn't will not give you any awards or praise. So just relax. You guys are getting heated and swearing by your claim with no solid proof, and worse you disclose the other party to be false.

Relax. You're going to fight in a boxing ring. that in itself is pretty cool!
And the pic of the day was Fox and Peach so this should be taken elsewhere no?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Whoa in this corner, we have the camp that believes it's a Little Mac inspired stage complete with colored ropes and green showman lights!

In this corner we have the devilish party who refute any possibility of it being a Mac stage and simply peg it as an original Smash Bro stage!

Who will win? Spoiler alert but you guys are trying to prove something with little fact. Both sides of the argument have very little support to their claim but live by it.

It's a stage, the game comes out (for now) next year. Proving if it is or isn't will not give you any awards or praise. So just relax. You guys are getting heated and swearing by your claim with no solid proof, and worse you disclose the other party to be false.

Relax. You're going to fight in a boxing ring. that in itself is pretty cool!
And the pic of the day was Fox and Peach so this should be taken elsewhere no?
Couldn't the same be said of.... almost every discussion to do with prediction based on pure speculation? This is really nothing different than what we've been doing since the game was announced, except now we at least have some stuff to go on.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
...I don't think anyone here asked for or cares about your head-canon. No offense, but seriously?

It's a Smash stage until proven otherwise with a reveal. Period.
That's funny, I don't recall ever asking anyone to care about my head-canon. In fact, not once did I ever mention any "head-canon". All I stated was a theory, which is a likely possibility considering what we know of Smash Bros. canon. Am I saying it's definite? Of course not. But nothing's definite until Sakurai says so or we have the game in our hands.

Anyway, the only person who mentioned anything about "head-canon" is you, in your above comment meant to insult my intelligence. Now, if you want to belittle me to make yourself feel smarter, that's fine. But really, why are you so insistent that a boxing ring stage in a Nintendo All-Star game can't have any possible connection to a popular retro Nintendo game based on boxing? What is it you're afraid of?

D

Deleted member

Actually, it does work one way and not the other.

Because even if it isn't a Punch Out stage, it's still a stage made for Smash Bros. just like all the other ones are, since they're alternate versions of those areas made specifically for Smash. It just ends up not doubling for two things in the other scenario.

I mean, if you're gonna go the anally technical route with this, anyway.

If I'm gonna go the anally technical route with this, I'm going with the most logical route; that it's a Boxing Ring of unknown designation.
I'm not going to label it a "Smash Original" just because "all stages are technically Smash original".

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
You guys get caught up on the wrong things. I think the stage is the new Final Destination, but it doesn't really affect anything either way. If it is or is not formally a Punch Out! stage, what exactly would that change? I don't really think it would change anything; we already know what the stage looks like and all. And if we really want to solve it, arguing over the vague aesthetics is useless anyway.

There was something very important about that stage suggested several pages back, and that was someone saying that the ropes had collision. My observations have been the opposite which would suggest a stage gameplay identical to Final Destination (which would be a strong implication that this is the new FD since why would there be two stages with exactly the same gameplay?). Of course, the converse logic also applies; if the ropes have collision, why would this be a new original stage that is so similar to Final Destination but not quite the same? It must be from something else, and Punch Out! is really the only sensible answer (it being a Kirby SS or DK64 boss arena is just being silly). Either way, those ropes having collision would have massive gameplay implications; you'd be putting short walls on either side of the stage! Does anyone else have any observations about those ropes? They are really the one important thing about that stage to be thinking about.

This also has basically no relevance whatsoever to the picture of the day, but at least I'm trying to move it back to gameplay analysis, right?

D

Deleted member

Final Destination doesn't have a floor underneath the main platform.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Final Destination doesn't have a floor underneath the main platform.
Can you walk on it? I figured that was below the blast zone. It doesn't really look like a place designed for you to jump down to and run around.

I mean, if you think you can, please do say so. Like I said before, I care mostly about gameplay here, and if I'm misreading the gameplay of this stage, I'd be very interested in that. I think you can just pass through the ropes, and I think the ring is the only part of the stage inside the blast zones. If there's some evidence contradicting that, please show us all, and that would be incredibly illuminating. That's not even sarcastic; I'd be legitimately very happy to see such evidence.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This will be my last post on the subject since the people who are saying it's unrelated to the topic of the thread are correct, but one, I very much doubt this is FD. It just goes against the normal paradigm of FD in so many regards, not just aesthetically, not just being a grounded stage, not just being revealed initially when FD usually isn't revealed until close to release (though obviously that could change), and not just because it seems like one of the last places you'd fight Master Hand, but just... why would it be final destination? Because it's a fairly hazard-and-platform-free stage as far as we can tell? Because atm it doesn't have a specific series aligned with it?

And two, no, discussing the stage won't effect the actual stage... but it would effect stuff such as the possibility of Little Mac and other Punch-Out content, not all discussion has to be related solely to the gameplay on and of the stage.

But yeah, all and all while I think this is almost definitely a Punch-Out stage (almost), I can't speak conclusively, nor can anyone else here, so we'll just have to wait one way or another.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
You guys get caught up on the wrong things. I think the stage is the new Final Destination, but it doesn't really affect anything either way. If it is or is not formally a Punch Out! stage, what exactly would that change? I don't really think it would change anything; we already know what the stage looks like and all. And if we really want to solve it, arguing over the vague aesthetics is useless anyway.

There was something very important about that stage suggested several pages back, and that was someone saying that the ropes had collision. My observations have been the opposite which would suggest a stage gameplay identical to Final Destination (which would be a strong implication that this is the new FD since why would there be two stages with exactly the same gameplay?). Of course, the converse logic also applies; if the ropes have collision, why would this be a new original stage that is so similar to Final Destination but not quite the same? It must be from something else, and Punch Out! is really the only sensible answer (it being a Kirby SS or DK64 boss arena is just being silly). Either way, those ropes having collision would have massive gameplay implications; you'd be putting short walls on either side of the stage! Does anyone else have any observations about those ropes? They are really the one important thing about that stage to be thinking about.

This also has basically no relevance whatsoever to the picture of the day, but at least I'm trying to move it back to gameplay analysis, right?
I would be extremely upset if this was the new Final Destination, so I hope you're wrong about that. Sure, it may be a flat stage, but that's not what Final Destination is about. It's all about the atmosphere. It is simply not FD if it isn't a floating platform in the middle of an inter-dimensional void connecting the world of Smash and our world. It would be a shame if they transformed an iconic Smash stage into a generic boxing ring.

EDIT: Rats. N3ON said the same thing before I could. And in a much better way.

Can you walk on it? I figured that was below the blast zone. It doesn't really look like a place designed for you to jump down to and run around.

I mean, if you think you can, please do say so. Like I said before, I care mostly about gameplay here, and if I'm misreading the gameplay of this stage, I'd be very interested in that. I think you can just pass through the ropes, and I think the ring is the only part of the stage inside the blast zones. If there's some evidence contradicting that, please show us all, and that would be incredibly illuminating. That's not even sarcastic; I'd be legitimately very happy to see such evidence.

from 7:13

@7:15 Fox does an illusion and stops at the ring

@7:16 Fox gets hit by an Arrow but doesn't fall over the edge

@7:17 Kirby's Dash attack knocks Link over the ring, causing him to fall off.

D

Deleted member

We see Mario and Bowser jumping onto the center arena in the trailer using their first jumps, which could only be done if they were able to walk on the floor that's not even a Mario height from the platform of the center arena.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
A wild Xerneas appeared.

...Woo.

...Ok I think this image makes up for this terrible week. Now where's my Yveltal.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I'm unconvined about the boxing ring for reasons I'm not going to go into since the new picture is up.

Xerneas being a Poke Ball Pokemon is neat I guess; I wonder what it will do. I also am kinda curious which stage that is - Pilotwings with the tilted plane being used to put Pikachu's face on the same elevation as the top of Xerneas?

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Sakurai's Miiverse comment sparks my interest:
"We have absolutely nothing to announce today regarding Pokemon X and Pokemon Y! Really!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom