• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Don't forget the main reason some 3DS stages might look small is because the characters were given some bigger body parts (Mario has bigger hands,feet and head I think) so that they become more noticable.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
How do people think it is not?
I mean, are people really thinking this is the new Final Destination or some crap like that?
Literally no one thinks that either, I do but no one else seems to for some reason. To me it looks like a change-up instead of just another big platform in space. I mean it'd still function exactly the same. But it's not a f*cking punch out stage, it has Smash Bros logo's n **** plastered on it.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Literally no one thinks that either, I do but no one else seems to for some reason. To me it looks like a change-up instead of just another big platform in space. I mean it'd still function exactly the same. But it's not a f*cking punch out stage, it has Smash Bros logo's n **** plastered on it.
There are a lot of people that believe that. It would be dreadful since the ropes function as a solid platform too. Wouldn't be Final Destination anymore.
The Smash logo doesn't mean anything, not every stage is strictly like it appeared in the game it originated from. Remember the Balloon Fight fish from the Summit stage (which, also, didn't look AT ALL as an Ice Climber stage). You know that Pilotwings stage which features Wuhu Island as well? A little element like a logo doesn't brings logic away from the most obvious thought that, since Punch-Out! is basically the only Nintendo franchise that featured boxing rings (aside DK 64 and Kirby), a boxing ring stage would be a Punch-Out! stage.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
There are a lot of people that believe that. It would be dreadful since the ropes function as a solid platform too. Wouldn't be Final Destination anymore.
The Smash logo doesn't mean anything, not every stage is strictly like it appeared in the game it originated from. Remember the Balloon Fight fish from the Summit stage (which, also, didn't look AT ALL as an Ice Climber stage). You know that Pilotwings stage which features Wuhu Island as well? A little element like a logo doesn't brings logic away from the most obvious thought that, since Punch-Out! is basically the only Nintendo franchise that featured boxing rings (aside DK 64 and Kirby), a boxing ring stage would be a Punch-Out! stage.
The way its being advertised points more towards being a "standard" Smash 4 stage than anything else. The stages you mentioned have changes that mesh similar games together or add updated features to those stages, but none of them or any past stages have been meshed with the Smash Bros mythos itself. It just doesnt make any sense for Punch Out to get the weird privilege to be the standard Smash stage as well as a franchise stage. And if it were, wouldnt you think theyd go the retro route, like 75m, and make it more obvious? Such as putting an 8-bit Mario ref on the side or making the ring itself look 8-bit or even making an 8-bit crowd.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
The way its being advertised points more towards being a "standard" Smash 4 stage than anything else. The stages you mentioned have changes that mesh similar games together or add updated features to those stages, but none of them or any past stages have been meshed with the Smash Bros mythos itself. It just doesnt make any sense for Punch Out to get the weird privilege to be the standard Smash stage as well as a franchise stage. And if it were, wouldnt you think theyd go the retro route, like 75m, and make it more obvious? Such as putting an 8-bit Mario ref on the side or making the ring itself look 8-bit or even making an 8-bit crowd.
I don't know, a Punch-Out! stage imho could work very well as a "Smash Bros. Tournament ring" stage. There are a lot of similarities that put it close to Punch-Out! other than the fact that it's a ring. Also, it can be something like Pokémon Stadium, with the logo changing based on the fight itself and reproducing different logos (like PokéStadium has that big screen with the name of the one who's winning).

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
The smash logos and theme can always be placeholders until and if they reveal Little Mac.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
I don't know, a Punch-Out! stage imho could work very well as a "Smash Bros. Tournament ring" stage. There are a lot of similarities that put it close to Punch-Out! other than the fact that it's a ring. Also, it can be something like Pokémon Stadium, with the logo changing based on the fight itself and reproducing different logos (like PokéStadium has that big screen with the name of the one who's winning).
The rings floor isnt a screen, which is the primary place Ive seen the logo at. The logo wont change. And none of the screenshots show the screen in the bg doing anything else other than showing the fighters. And yes though it could work as a standard stage in concept, even though that makes no sense, its less than likely since an actual punch out stage would look completely different. They'd make it obvious that its a punch out stage.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
You know what doesn't make sense? Making a boxing ring stage and not associating it with not only one of the most iconic boxing games, but one of the franchises that people want to see represented in Smash. I honestly hurts to even think that a BOXING RING stage in a NINTENDO ALL-STAR fighting game isn't representing Punch-Out!, one of Nintendo's most popular NES games, which ALSO got a reboot on the Wii.

The Smash Circuit theory makes PERFECT sense when taking Punch-Out Wii into consideration. Remember Castle Siege? Remember how they showed off the stage WAY before showing off a Fire Emblem character? Remember how that stage simply uses themes and motifs from the games instead of using an actual location? What's stopping the boxing-ring stage from doing the same thing as Castle Siege?

They wouldn't reveal something as one thing only to re-reveal it as something else.
There is not a single statement from anyone, not even Sakurai, stating that the ring is a Smash original stage. They could easily come out and say "Oh yeah, it's a Punch-Out! stage, in case you were wondering".

EDIT: My bad. Misunderstood the context on that quote...my statement still stands...somewhat...

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
They wouldn't reveal something as one thing only to re-reveal it as something else. If that were the case they wouldnt have used the ring in the trailers and such in the first place. Theyd have used something else until that stage were actually finished.

TBH I wouldn't use phrases such as "they wouldn't do this or that", we're not the developers, we don't know what goes behind doors at Nintendo's offices so anything can happen. Maybe they reveal Little Mac and like the stage magically transforms into his own stage by some super awesome special FX in an introductory trailer giving sense to the stage transformation theory. Again, it's a lame theory made up by some fan consisting of suppositions and ifs and maybes, we don't know what goes behind doors so we don't know **** lol.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
You know what doesn't make sense? Making a boxing ring stage and not associating it with not only one of the most iconic boxing games, but one of the franchises that people want to see represented in Smash. I honestly hurts to even think that a BOXING RING stage in a NINTENDO ALL-STAR fighting game isn't representing Punch-Out!, one of Nintendo's most popular NES games, which ALSO got a reboot on the Wii.
This, basically. Said what I was trying to sat but with proper grammar and vocabulary lol.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
TBH I wouldn't use phrases such as "they wouldn't do this or that", we're not the developers, we don't know what goes behind doors at Nintendo's offices so anything can happen. Maybe they reveal Little Mac and like the stage magically transforms into his own stage by some super awesome special FX in an introductory trailer giving sense to the stage transformation theory. Again, it's a lame theory made up by some fan consisting of suppositions and ifs and maybes, we don't know what goes behind doors so we don't know **** lol.
You say that like game devs are some mysterious underground group that we commoners couldnt begin to understand. Its not that hard to put together how advertising and such works.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413

The Smash Circuit theory makes PERFECT sense when taking Punch-Out Wii into consideration. Remember Castle Siege? Remember how they showed off the stage WAY before showing off a Fire Emblem character? Remember how that stage simply uses themes and motifs from the games instead of using an actual location? What's stopping the boxing-ring stage from doing the same thing as Castle Siege?
Because Sakurai has always been at the forefront of logical thinking hasnt he?

Its not a Punch Out stage. Its not going to be. If there will be one it will obviously LOOK like a f*cking Punch Out stage. Why the f*ck is that so difficult to understand?

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
You need to Learn how Punch Out works then.
The ropes are the same color pattern, the laser-light show is the same as (Sandmans?), the vague people, while by definition not unique to the series, are in the crowd rather than, say, the crowd from Revenge of the King. The logo proves it above all:
By my understanding, there are different Rings in Punch Out, with different logos but three stars around the respective Emblems. It's like "Smashville," if the location is generic for the series and only really defined by minute differences, why not make Smash the setting?
It's not like they would use a specific AC village, or PO Ring, when the only difference in the setting is the labeling.
I explained it poorly, so if anyone wants to chime in, I'd appreciate it.

Am I the only person who thinks it's DDD's ring?
Where you fight him in Kirby games?
No. I am likely the biggest Kirby aficionado you will see in this thread, especially for Kirby Super Star, and believe me, I want a halfway-decent Kirby stage (Halberd's transitions were terrible. The platforms are ugly and I don't think the Halberd even has a hangar), but:
The logo would be DDD's (or a version of it), there would be Kirby enemies in the crowd, it would be a warmer color scheme, the ropes would all be the same (I think), the stage's light-show would consist of spotlights at most, etc.
Really, the only similarities between the two are that they are both boxing rings that hold non-boxing combat.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
You say that like game devs are some mysterious underground group that we commoners couldnt begin to understand. Its not that hard to put together how advertising and such works.
Of course it isn't hard to put together some of the stuff but we don't know everything of what's going in their minds. You just can't say with absolute 100% certainty that they WILL NOT "transform" the ring into a Punch Out stage. Seriously, that silly/dumb example I made of the stage magically transforming into Little Mac's home, you don't see it happening? This game has no linearity or anything so they can pull stuff out their asses and it will "make sense"

BTW it was established that the ring colors are generic, google "boxing ring" up

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
To be honest that boxing ring doesn't seem like a punch out stage to me.
Okay, so that is what people meant by the boxing ring. I thought it was just a default SSB stage just like FD and BF. Don't need to create any conspiracy theories here now.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Oh wait NitrusVirus, before you asked me when a Smash stage shared a Smash Bros. related element.
Damn, Smashville! It's the ****ing name. Didn't think of that. Here, problem solved.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
For the record I don't even care about Punch Out, so I'm not saying this from a biased point of view, all I'm saying is that in Smash nothing makes sense so I wouldn't be surprised if this happened.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Of course it isn't hard to put together some of the stuff but we don't know everything of what's going in their minds. You just can't say with absolute 100% certainty that they WILL NOT "transform" the ring into a Punch Out stage. Seriously, that silly/dumb example I made of the stage magically transforming into Little Mac's home, you don't see it happening? This game has no linearity or anything so they can pull stuff out their ***** and it will "make sense"
Uhhh, no, I dont see it happening.

BTW it was established that the ring colors are generic, google "boxing ring" up
That^

You need to Learn how Punch Out works then.
The ropes are the same color pattern, the laser-light show is the same as (Sandmans?), the vague people, while by definition not unique to the series, are in the crowd rather than, say, the crowd from Revenge of the King. The logo proves it above all:
By my understanding, there are different Rings in Punch Out, with different logos but three stars around the respective Emblems. It's like "Smashville," if the location is generic for the series and only really defined by minute differences, why not make Smash the setting?
It's not like they would use a specific AC village, or PO Ring, when the only difference in the setting is the labeling.
I explained it poorly, so if anyone wants to chime in, I'd appreciate it.
Smashville was obnoxiously, blatanly obvious that it was an Animal Crossing stage. The people who keep throwing around crap about it being a Punch Out stage are just grasping at straws. If its a Punch Out stage, we would KNOW it is just by looking at it. And dont take that out of context saying "well then if we cant obviously tell what its from then your point is invalid like with Castle Seige", because thats just stupid. We couldnt obviously tell what it was from but we knew it was from something. And it lacked what the ring seems to have i.e. the Smash Logo and overall basic standard nature the ring has, having no distinct defining features that would make it a wacky, event-filled stage belonging to an actual franchise.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
These are all opinions based on an unreleased/unfinished game so no point in discussing this further

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Oh wait NitrusVirus, before you asked me when a Smash stage shared a Smash Bros. related element.
Damn, Smashville! It's the ****ing name. Didn't think of that. Here, problem solved.
Really? Thats not really the same thing. Animal Crossing lets you create your own town name. Obviously its to stick to that motif, since theres practically no name associated with any towns in the game that look like Smashville. What else would they call it? Animal Crossing Town?

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Because Sakurai has always been at the forefront of logical thinking hasnt he?

Its not a Punch Out stage. Its not going to be. If there will be one it will obviously LOOK like a f*cking Punch Out stage. Why the f*ck is that so difficult to understand?

Somebody needs to cool down...

If Sakurai is so illogical, then whose to say that he won't masquerade the stage in an attempt to hide it's true identity? That doesn't seem like a very logical thing to do, but as you said, Sakurai hasn't always been at the forefront of logical thinking.

You really ought to stop being so darn sure of yourself, because in the end, Sakurai is a very unpredictable man, and anything could happen.

EDIT: Oh, didn't see that everyone had come to end the debate...

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
I'll stop being sure of myself when I have a reason not to be. Im unsure of a lot of things, but this is one of the only things if not the only thing I am completely sure of.

EDIT: I have a lot of bad blood towards Sakurai as a development director, Ill say that. I tend to be extremely harsh towards him a lot, especially after Brawl and moreso after recent events.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'll stop being sure of myself when I have a reason not to be. Im unsure of a lot of things, but this is one of the only things if not the only thing I am completely sure of.
Damn, it's gonna be harsh then when you'll find out you're wrong about the only thing you're absolutely sure about. LOL

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Whenever I would post tidbits about this, I got a couple of requests to make this its own thread, so I decided to go ahead go through with it.

So, the boxing ring stage. You've seen it, I'm sure. Some people aren't exactly sure if it's a Punch Out related stage, if it's a Kirby themed stage, or just a generic new boxing ring stage just for kicks. Well, I'm gonna tell you that this stage is a Punch Out themed stage for a multitude of reasons. So let's begin I guess...

First off, the audience is human, so you can rule out any possibility that this is a Kirby themed stage (all Kirby boxing rings have Kirby characters instead). The marquee's in the background are all dot styled, which is consistent with the marquees in Punch Out Wii, and even the title screen and round indicators for Mike Tyson's Punch Out.

Various dot styled marquee screens: http://i.imgur.com/sgmo0ru.png

All logos in Punch Out Wii are adorned with clusters of stars, which are usually in 3's because triple star punches are the most powerful punch in the game, as well as the "leaf vines" on the sides (forgive me; I don't know the term for this) and a giant star somewhere in the middle. The logo in the ring, while being smash themed, shares all of these characteristics.

3 star cluster on bottom: http://i.imgur.com/QSCAXpe.jpg
Minor/Major/World Circuit Emblems: http://i.imgur.com/oWzpteX.jpg

The ring ropes are also identical in both color and configuration as the Major Circuit ring in Punch Out Wii. Similarly, the corners are all identical colors and positions as the Punch Out Wii corners. The logo in Smash also features a ribbon at the top, which is a direct throwback to the World Circuit ribbon at the top and bottom of the logo.

Major Circuit ropes and World Circuit ribbon: http://i.imgur.com/UV4O3mB.png

Also, as a random tidbit, the ribbon in the Smash Punch Out stage says "CHAMPIONSHIP" on it, which is probably because if it straight up said "Major Circuit" on it, it would be flat out obvious. Plus since Smash Bros doesn't have "circuits", championship makes more sense in the context of the game.

The final fight in Punch Out Wii, Mr. Sandman, has a very particular entrance for both his Title Defense and Contender fights. He approaches the ring while there's a green laser light show that goes on behind him. Well, check this out...

Sandman intro: http://i.imgur.com/hvnTGDl.png
Mario in the ring: http://i.imgur.com/Odu2I7I.jpg

Same green laser show.

But yeah, there are an abundance of intentional details that suggest this stage is designed to be a Punch Out stage. There may be a few details that I'm missing, but those were all the details I seemed to notice. Unsure if this confirms Mac being a character, but at the very least there's a stage from the Punch Out series in the game.
Doesn't take a stretch of the imagination.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Im calling it now. Tommorows pic will have wii fit trainer on the windy hill zone with sonic doing a jogging exercise...
Or it could be :mewtwopm::awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom