• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Definitely looks like we will be seeing alot more delfino flying platform type stages as well as alot of scrolling stages like Rainbow Cruise and Mario Bros.

The answer should be to not talk at all.
We've got other threads for random horse****.
*shrug*

That's how it's looking right now. True, this belongs to the social thread ---- But there are some users here that don't post there for some reason.

Anyway, beautiful stage. (Talking about the Skyloft stage) I hope Groose makes a stage cameo there or at least, he's a stage hazard (Not aware if there are any users supporting Groose for SSB 4)

Definitely looks like we will be seeing alot more delfino flying platform type stages as well as alot of scrolling stages like Rainbow Cruise and Mario Bros.
Double post glitch?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My reaction to Sakurai reusing a picture (that was released right after the Smash Wii U/3DS debut trailer; go to IGN to find that picture from 4 months ago) for a Dojo update...

Seriously, at least show a new shot of the stage, instead of rehashing an old picture. This is getting ridiculous.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
inbefore people claim that this isn't the real pic of the day and Pokemon character reveal will come soon.

Seriously, at least show a new shot of the stage, instead of rehashing an old picture. This is getting ridiculous.
He's delaying the inevitable with useless things.

We know what the inevitable is, right?

Eh, I guess it shouldn't be rushed. What do you guys think?

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
It ruins the game for me if things are rushed or too much information is out. What he's doing is the right thing. He's giving bits and pieces of info and keeping us in suspense. It's how a video game should be before it's release. Too much and boom, hype levels for some go down the crapper because they've seen too much.

Groose

Smash Champion
Anyway, beautiful stage. (Talking about the Skyloft stage) I hope Groose makes a stage cameo there or at least, he's a stage hazard (Not aware if there are any users supporting Groose for SSB 4)
There are users supporting me, but I'm not one of them. I'm just not the chosen one; I don't deserve to get in.

BUT... if I'm not there in the background, groosin' things up... that's what we call a missed opportunity. Who doesn't want to look at my glorious do while they're battling it out?

There are users supporting me, but I'm not one of them. I'm just not the chosen one; I don't deserve to get in.

BUT... if I'm not there in the background, groosin' things up... that's what we call a missed opportunity. Who doesn't want to look at my glorious do while they're battling it out?
Someone here was lucky enough to lock in the Groose username

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
It ruins the game for me if things are rushed or too much information is out. What he's doing is the right thing. He's giving bits and pieces of info and keeping us in suspense. It's how a video game should be before it's release. Too much and boom, hype levels for some go down the crapper because they've seen too much.
I bought Brawl that I already knew everything about the game. I will never feel something like what I felt when I unlocked Mewtwo in Melee out of nowhere, but something close to that would be nice. I'm happy we haven't seen many newcomers yet. I hope Sakurai keeps at least half of them secret until the release of the game. I'm more interested in the returning ones, especially if they present some new moves.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
My reaction to Sakurai reusing a picture (that was released right after the Smash Wii U/3DS debut trailer; go to IGN to find that picture from 4 months ago) for a Dojo update...

I'm glad it wasn't just a feeling that I had seen this exact same pic some time ago.

That pic's hillarious, what's the show called?

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
I bought Brawl that I already knew everything about the game. I will never feel something like what I felt when I unlocked Mewtwo in Melee out of nowhere, but something close to that would be nice. I'm happy we haven't seen many newcomers yet. I hope Sakurai keeps at least half of them secret until the release of the game. I'm more interested in the returning ones, especially if they present some new moves.
That heppened to me with Marth. I didn't have internet, so I wasn't aware of the roster. I unlock Marth and went apecrap. I had no idea who he was at the time, so I decided to use him in Adventure Mode, and suddenly BAM! out of nowhere, ANOTHER new character, Roy was unlocked, who I also was unaware of. The excitment flodded within me, as I had just unlocked TWO characters out of nowhere. I played Adventure Mode with Roy, hoping to unlock another character, and of course, I was let down.

I'm totally okay with knowing all of the characters before the release. I don't see how one could avoid knowing them all while on the internet. If Sakurai purposefully doesn't reveal a few characters, and the only way to find out about them is when you play the game when it's released, that'd be cool, but we all know it would just be leaked by a developer, or by the kids who buy it in Japan on the release date.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

NO! I want my hypexpectations to be met! I demand Ridley and Mewtwo soon! And Chrom!

No Control

Smash Apprentice
I'm totally okay with knowing all of the characters before the release. I don't see how one could avoid knowing them all while on the internet. If Sakurai purposefully doesn't reveal a few characters, and the only way to find out about them is when you play the game when it's released, that'd be cool, but we all know it would just be leaked by a developer, or by the kids who buy it in Japan on the release date.

This. 100%. In the internet age, it's inevitable that all characters will get leaked (either before release or on the Japanese release). Therefore Sakurai might as well give them a proper introduction. EDIT: A proper introduction before the game's release rather than leaked on the internet.

This quote from Sakurai makes it seem like he's on the same page, too: “There will be a single player [campaign], but it won’t be like the [Subspace Emissary] mode in Brawl. One thing we can do with the Smash Bros. series that’s unique to us — because we have all these different disparate characters brought together — is we can create that sort of fan-movie experience as a special gift. But now those things are posted on the internet, it doesn’t really become a gift for people who played the game.”

“What we decided this time around, we’re just going to have [those movies unlocked] from the beginning. We’re going to have a movie for Wii Fit Trainer, The Villager and Mega Man and they’ll be viewable right at the beginning, you can watch those right away.”

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
That heppened to me with Marth. I didn't have internet, so I wasn't aware of the roster. I unlock Marth and went apecrap. I had no idea who he was at the time, so I decided to use him in Adventure Mode, and suddenly BAM! out of nowhere, ANOTHER new character, Roy was unlocked, who I also was unaware of. The excitment flodded within me, as I had just unlocked TWO characters out of nowhere. I played Adventure Mode with Roy, hoping to unlock another character, and of course, I was let down.

The game could be released at the same time everywhere. I don't think the leaks would be as inevitable as for Pokémon to be honest. Obviously, if it takes six months to reach Italy like it happened with Brawl, it would be impossible to me to not know the entire roster before.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
We might be in for another long term stall session. The last time he stalled for time it ended up lasting three weeks. The good news though is that we're now at 1 1/2 weeks into this stall and there's still a few game releases coming in a little more than a week before the month comes to a close.

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman

It's actually not the same picture. Look at Beedle's shop ship.

Is it just me, or is Sakurai focusing a lot on Zelda and Toon Link in his shots? And making Wii Fit Trainer into a sex object (which is a good thing).

D

Deleted member

Just like the last time you complained about the pic being a rehash, you're wrong.
Though at least this time the two images are similar.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Everyone's too busy with their Pokemon games to even notice a Smash Brothers Pokemon update if there was one.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You know, I said it before, and I'll say it again, but we could always get a Pokémon newcomer in a potential Pokémon Direct (perhaps for the alluded to X&Y DLC).
It's actually not the same picture. Look at Beedle's shop ship.
Eh, you're right, but still, it's not showing us anything we don't know. We all know where all this stage is. If he wanted to show something new on Skyloft, show a new area where we fight.
I'm glad it wasn't just a feeling that I had seen this exact same pic some time ago.
We got a very similar picture before on IGN/other sites after the Smash Wii U and 3DS reveal.
That pic's hillarious, what's the show called?
No clue.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
We could all talk about how the stages in this game appear larger than those in Brawl, from what we've seen.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
We could all talk about how the stages in this game appear larger than those in Brawl, from what we've seen.
Eh, they don't seem much larger. Battlefield 3DS looks a tad smaller than Brawl's Battlefield, whereas Battlefield Wii U actually looks a tad bigger.

Honestly, Skyloft actually looks roughly the same size as my favorite (new) stage in Brawl, Delfino Plaza, which has a similar design.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
And making Wii Fit Trainer into a sex object (which is a good thing).

Image re-added.

Cause screw you, I'm not breaking any rules here. XD

Well c'mon, can you blame him? Just look at those buns and them...everything elses on her. ¦D

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Eh, they don't seem much larger. Battlefield 3DS looks a tad smaller than Brawl's Battlefield, whereas Battlefield Wii U actually looks a tad bigger.

Honestly, Skyloft actually looks roughly the same size as my favorite (new) stage in Brawl, Delfino Plaza, which has a similar design.
The new stages are larger. Battlefield is much the same as it's always been.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The new stages are larger. Battlefield is much the same as it's always been.
The new stages shown so far look rather large, but I don't know about all of them. The Punch-Out!! stage and Pyrosphere definitely looks smaller than your average Brawl stage.

Also, Battlefield was way bigger than the other Battlefields, and Brawl's Battlefield was a bit bigger than Melee's Battlefield (for the better; and it didn't have those glitched up edges).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom