• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Hope tomorrow we can get :mewtwopm:
As a future competitive Smash 4 player, I will main Mewtwo if he's viable. I don't care if he's not top tier, all I want is to play as my favorite character and have fun doing so.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
As a future competitive Smash 4 player, I will main Mewtwo if he's viable. I don't care if he's not top tier, all I want is to play as my favorite character and have fun doing so.
You'll care when he's low tier and the internet starts to complain about it.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I thought viable meant available.
I stated "as a future competitive Smash 4 player": Competitively viable, in my opinion, means that a character has enough potential to realistically win a high/top level tournaments.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I agree with Demna above. If Mewtwo's a high-tier or not, I'll add him to my main team. Smash is not about tiers... It's about having fun!

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
I think its fairly obvious at this point to say no Pokemon character or character in general is getting revealed this week. People just keep making up dumb conspiracy theories and its kinda getting old.

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
yet another underwhelming update, this could be leading up to something just like the Sonic reveal but only Sakurai knows.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I have played project M. Toon Link's exist implies that Link will be the slow, heavy type again. Not really seeing your points
And Link can easily be good as a slow and heavy type. The problem with Link right now is that the slow speed isn't worth the payoff of his below decent KO power. His speed isn't his problem, but more so his damage, and partly his predictability too.

The problem with Link right now is that the slow speed isn't worth the payoff of his below decent KO power. His speed isn't his problem, but more so his damage, and partly his predictability too.
Don't forget ------ That predictable, crappy, abysimal and slow recovery

RODO

Smash Ace
And Link can easily be good as a slow and heavy type. The problem with Link right now is that the slow speed isn't worth the payoff of his below decent KO power. His speed isn't his problem, but more so his damage, and partly his predictability too.
I definitely think that Link would be MUCH better if he just had a decent recovery, or even if you could hookshot out of Up B. It is true that the presence of Toon Link doesn't automatically make Link a bad character, but after Brawl and Melee it's just easy to see how they are going to differentiate the two (and they look very identical to brawl already). Toon Link will be the light, speedier character with lower attack power and higher jumping ability, while Link will be the opposite. We have already seen how this plays out.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Alright, people REALLY have to stop assuming every single update is not a "real pic of the day" and a Pokemon rep will be revealed afterwards. It's getting desperate.

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
Hello Smashboardians, I am new to the forums but thought I'd chime into these discussions after some days of spectating. I would like to address the notion of a Mewtwo reveal being at hand. As much as I don't want to say it, I highly doubt Sakurai will reveal Mewtwo any time soon, if at all. I say this because I did not forget that Sakurai mentioned that he didn't want to do the Dojo-styled reveal anymore, but rather keep it more on low-key. If you look at the official Smash site, you will notice blank square boxes that have been being filled by characters Sakurai decided to reveal. If those squares are not going to be extended, then it's safe to assume Sakurai will NOT use the last blank square for another Pokemon character, especially Mewtwo. If I'm right about these blank squares, I would bet that a not-yet-announced-but-obvious-other-franchise character will be revealed, like Captain Falcon. Currently, there is one last square left. Most of the characters announced are not unlockable characters, except maybe Sonic and Megaman. Speaking of these two, I feel the only reason these unlockable characters were announced is because well, they are third-party characters and they would like to sort of celebrate their respective franchises and show them their due respect/gratitude. So when it comes to revealing not-obvious/highly-anticipated/non-3rd-party unlockable characters, I feel that it is presumptuous to think he would reveal THE Mewtwo.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Yeah, those of you getting your hopes up everyday for a Mewtwo update will be disappointed every time. Friday and Monday were the days that made the most sense.

Just enjoy the daily pics he's giving us. Remember we could just as easily be left in the dark.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
He's either referring to the row of 9 panels showing the characters on the bottom of any character page or the layout of the homepage, where it shows blank space that could be occupied by two veteran panels. The newcomers have longer panel space which takes up to 3 veteran panels in size.

If he's so concerned about these blank spaces being predetermined, Sakurai would just expand the layout of the webpage when he reveals more characters.

Hoser

Smash Ace
Whats up with todays picture? It looks like he's getting launched, but at the same time, the slashes around him make me think maybe it's some kind of new move / alternate recovery?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Whats up with todays picture? It looks like he's getting launched, but at the same time, the slashes around him make me think maybe it's some kind of new move / alternate recovery?
Nope its just the comet tail color when player 3 gets a ko'd

The new mechanic confirmed earlier back to show that its easier too tell who got the ko

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hello Smashboardians, I am new to the forums but thought I'd chime into these discussions after some days of spectating. I would like to address the notion of a Mewtwo reveal being at hand. As much as I don't want to say it, I highly doubt Sakurai will reveal Mewtwo any time soon, if at all. I say this because I did not forget that Sakurai mentioned that he didn't want to do the Dojo-styled reveal anymore, but rather keep it more on low-key. If you look at the official Smash site, you will notice blank square boxes that have been being filled by characters Sakurai decided to reveal. If those squares are not going to be extended, then it's safe to assume Sakurai will NOT use the last blank square for another Pokemon character, especially Mewtwo. If I'm right about these blank squares, I would bet that a not-yet-announced-but-obvious-other-franchise character will be revealed, like Captain Falcon. Currently, there is one last square left. Most of the characters announced are not unlockable characters, except maybe Sonic and Megaman. Speaking of these two, I feel the only reason these unlockable characters were announced is because well, they are third-party characters and they would like to sort of celebrate their respective franchises and show them their due respect/gratitude. So when it comes to revealing not-obvious/highly-anticipated/non-3rd-party unlockable characters, I feel that it is presumptuous to think he would reveal THE Mewtwo.
Well for the no unlockable characters will not be revealed

Remember its still possible that Luigi and toon link have to be unlocked again despite being revealed i mean special cases obviously but yes I'm very positive that all 3rd party characters have to be unlocked

Oh and its possible ROB can get confirmed on friday but not positive

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
In fact, I'm skeptical as to whether we'll see Mewtwo at all at this point. I'm thinking Sakurai is doing roster cuts with space for future installments in mind. There was an article about the dev team considering his return and Sakurai's criteria for Pokemon reveals has certain influence that other franchises don't, so until then, I'm not sure what we'll see.

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
Maybe its about time Sakurai showed us a new item or stage of sorts, something to hold us off for now. How long has it been since he showed off the X Bomb? Seems like a good time to reveal a new item right about now.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
Did you guys know that there's going to be a picture of something to be confirmed in the game on Friday? I'm so excited!

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
How exactly do you know this, or is it conjecture?
Of course it's conjecture, but have you got anything better? I don't seriously think that there's only going to be one more character in Smash (I only have one box). Actually, now that I think about it, hasn't the format and coding of the site changed before?

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
Of course it's conjecture, but have you got anything better? I don't seriously think that there's only going to be one more character in Smash (I only have one box). Actually, now that I think about it, hasn't the format and coding of the site changed before?

My theory was that these empty boxes were preloaded onto the site and were being filled over time, so by that I was thinking they won't add anymore...since they could have put more empty boxes at the beginning. I am not saying that there is only going to be one more character, I am saying that it might be the limit of reveals we get until the game comes out or until Sakurai wants to reveal more. If they extend the boxes then of course, this theory is nullified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom