• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
My theory was that these empty boxes were preloaded onto the site and were being filled over time, so by that I was thinking they won't add anymore...since they could have put more empty boxes at the beginning. I am not saying that there is only going to be one more character, I am saying that it might be the limit of reveals we get until the game comes out or until Sakurai wants to reveal more. If they extend the boxes then of course, this theory is nullified.
Having all the boxes there from the start would only reveal the roster size. Why would he do that when he has the option to add more spaces?

Seriously, I've seen talk of the boxes a lot. People are just looking into it too much.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Having all the boxes there from the start would only reveal the roster size. Why would he do that when he has the option to add more spaces?

Seriously, I've seen talk of the boxes a lot. People are just looking into it too much.
100% agree. I saw on gaming websites, after Peach was confirmed, I believe there was like one box left. This was literally the response in the article:

"One box left! Who's going to be the final character?" I **** you not.

The boxes do not mean anything. They're just there and will be added whenever we get into a new set of characters.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
100% agree. I saw on gaming websites, after Peach was confirmed, I believe there was like one box left. This was literally the response in the article:

"One box left! Who's going to be the final character?" I **** you not.

The boxes do not mean anything. They're just there and will be added whenever we get into a new set of characters.
Yes yes and yes

Gimj

Smash Journeyman

Good point. Not sure why that totally went over my head. THEORY DEBUNKED.

HOWEVER, I still do think that a Mewtwo reveal is highly unlikely due to Sakurai's previous statements of secrecy. Jigglypuf would definitely come before.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Good point. Not sure why that totally went over my head. THEORY DEBUNKED.

HOWEVER, I still do think that a Mewtwo reveal is highly unlikely due to Sakurai's previous statements of secrecy. Jigglypuf would definitely come before.
Mewtwo will definitely be revealed before release simply for hype purposes, but only at an event like E3 or near the games' release. (at least that's how I feel about it.)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
If that was the case, then Mewtwo should have been revealed 4 days ago.
No, that wouldn't make sense.

Mewtwo is the most wanted character worldwide. From a business point of view, it's smarter to reveal him either at a big event like E3 or right before the game releases to hype up the game and boost sales.

That's just my viewpoint on it, though. What's your opinion on it?

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
No, that wouldn't make sense.

Mewtwo is the most wanted character worldwide. From a business point of view, it's smarter to reveal him either at a big event like E3 or right before the game releases to hype up the game and boost sales.

That's just my viewpoint on it, though. What's your opinion on it?
Knowing that Mewtwo will be in Smash 4 will attract many players, the time his reveal announced isn't really that effective. Therefore, the best time, in my opinion, for Mewtwo's reveal is 1-3 days before Pokemon X/Y's release date. The only reason I bought the HD remake of WindWaker was from the Toon Link reveal. However, this is only my perspective on the subject :grin:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Knowing that Mewtwo will be in Smash 4 will attract many players, the time his reveal announced isn't really that effective. Therefore, the best time, in my opinion, for Mewtwo's reveal is 1-3 days before Pokemon X/Y's release date. The only reason I bought the HD remake of WindWaker was from the Toon Link reveal. However, this is only my perspective on the subject :grin:
Too true.

I just see that as what's happening now, since the time has gone and passed.

Also, thank you for stating that it was simply your perspective. I like it when people do that. Leads to less arguement.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Too true.

I just see that as what's happening now, since the time has gone and passed.

Also, thank you for stating that it was simply your perspective. I like it when people do that. Leads to less arguement.
Everything in life depends on one's perspective. If there is a universal point of view for every matter, then what makes us different? :rolleyes:

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I am going to end this stupid website box discussion thing once and for all
It's getting extremely annoying that people assume the set boxes are the only ones for the characters and that there is only one empty slot remaining

They are simply placeholders.
The new characters are added on the left side, which don't have any boxes to begin with.
They will continue to be pushed to the right until Pit moves to a separate "page".
Pit will always be the last character on the right side.
They simply add new characters to the left, and will continue to do so.
There is no set stopping point for character additions on the website.
There was already a discussion when the site first came out, where there were many blank spaces to the right of Pit. But they have all disappeared as a new character has been added, and it looks like there is one 'empty slot' left. so next character reveal will move Pit to the end, and then the next one will move Pit to a completely different "page".
there are 9 slots for each "page/arrow click", 17 characters in total. so 17 character slots and one empty one which is a placeholder. 9 characters on the newer page starting with Sonic, and only 8 character slots on the second page ending with an empty slot.
The "pages" are:
#1. Sonic, Toon Link, Peach, Luigi, Pikmin & Olimar, Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Mario
#2. Donkey Kong., Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Bowser, Pit, and an empty slot
With the next reveal everyone will be moved down one slot.
So new character is the start of the first "page" to the left of Sonic, Mario gets moved to first on the second "page" and Pit gets pushed to the final slot on the far right, which causes the empty slot to disappear.
Pages after next character reveal:
#1. Hank Hill, Sonic, Toon Link, Peach, Luigi, Pikmin & Olimar, Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer
#2. Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Bowser, Pit

Then the next character reveal will move everyone to the right once again. Wii Fit Trainer gets bumped to the start of "page" 2, and Pit gets bumped to the beginning of "page" 3. there are still going to be 9 slots in this "page", so there will be Pit on the far left, and then 8 empty slots.
Pages after 2nd character reveal from now:
#1. Jay Leno, Hank Hill, Sonic, Toon Link, Peach, Luigi, Pikmin & Olimar, Villager, Mega Man
#2. Wii Fit Trainer, Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Bowser,
#3. Pit, empty slot, empty slot, empty slot, empty slot, empty slot, empty slot, empty slot, empty slot

With each reveal everyone gets bumped to the right, still keeping 9 slots on each page, to the point where Pit is at far right of the 9 slots, and then gets bumped to a newer page with 9 more empty slots
Rinse and repeat

And thinking there is just uneducated and ridiculous.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I, for one, am against the idea of the boxes. You can call it ridiculous, but I think calling it "uneducated" is irrelevant and rude.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I, for one, am against the idea of the boxes. You can call it ridiculous, but I think calling it "uneducated" is irrelevant and rude.

I wouldn't call it rude.
Seeing as this conversation has been had numerous times since the reveal of the site.
And every time a new character is added they are added to the far left, not in one of the empty boxes to the right of Pit.
Yet this conversation is still going on today.
Which is frustrating because if you stop and think about how the website layout works it all makes sense.
And noticing that the new characters don't appear in the empty boxes suggests they are just a placeholder for the final page to show how many slots there are left until they need to make a new pages. Basically a template for the current page.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I wouldn't call it rude.
Seeing as this conversation has been had numerous times since the reveal of the site.
And every time a new character is added they are added to the far left, not in one of the empty boxes to the right of Pit.
Yet this conversation is still going on today.
Which is frustrating because if you stop and think about how the website layout works it all makes sense.
And noticing that the new characters don't appear in the empty boxes suggests they are just a placeholder for the final page to show how many slots there are left until they need to make a new pages. Basically a template for the current page.
True, and that's almost the way I perceive it. However, people tend to have different perspectives with specific reasons. That's why they might perceive it as something else.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
A briefer explanation:
There have always been 9 slots per page.
Pages are added as needed.
It would be stupid to make 5 pages (in preparation for every character in the game) just so most of the can stay blank for a year, and we would know the maximum amount of characters.
(And my addition: )
The only reasonable conclusion that can be drawn from the box format is:
The final roster will MOST LIKELY be a multiple of 9, as Sakurai wouldn't format it in a way that would leave empty spaces when he could just as easily format it in a way that doesn't.
I predict 5 pages and 45 characters, to be revealed whenever the hell Sakurai feels like revealing them.
Agreed?

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
I am going to end this stupid website box discussion thing once and for all
It's getting extremely annoying that people assume the set boxes are the only ones for the characters and that there is only one empty slot remaining

They are simply placeholders.
The new characters are added on the left side, which don't have any boxes to begin with.
They will continue to be pushed to the right until Pit moves to a separate "page".
Pit will always be the last character on the right side.
They simply add new characters to the left, and will continue to do so.
There is no set stopping point for character additions on the website.
There was already a discussion when the site first came out, where there were many blank spaces to the right of Pit. But they have all disappeared as a new character has been added, and it looks like there is one 'empty slot' left. so next character reveal will move Pit to the end, and then the next one will move Pit to a completely different "page".
there are 9 slots for each "page/arrow click", 17 characters in total. so 17 character slots and one empty one which is a placeholder. 9 characters on the newer page starting with Sonic, and only 8 character slots on the second page ending with an empty slot.
The "pages" are:
#1. Sonic, Toon Link, Peach, Luigi, Pikmin & Olimar, Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Mario
#2. Donkey Kong., Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Bowser, Pit, and an empty slot
With the next reveal everyone will be moved down one slot.
So new character is the start of the first "page" to the left of Sonic, Mario gets moved to first on the second "page" and Pit gets pushed to the final slot on the far right, which causes the empty slot to disappear.
Pages after next character reveal:
#1. Hank Hill, Sonic, Toon Link, Peach, Luigi, Pikmin & Olimar, Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer
#2. Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Bowser, Pit

Then the next character reveal will move everyone to the right once again. Wii Fit Trainer gets bumped to the start of "page" 2, and Pit gets bumped to the beginning of "page" 3. there are still going to be 9 slots in this "page", so there will be Pit on the far left, and then 8 empty slots.
Pages after 2nd character reveal from now:
#1. Jay Leno, Hank Hill, Sonic, Toon Link, Peach, Luigi, Pikmin & Olimar, Villager, Mega Man
#2. Wii Fit Trainer, Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Bowser,
#3. Pit, empty slot, empty slot, empty slot, empty slot, empty slot, empty slot, empty slot, empty slot

With each reveal everyone gets bumped to the right, still keeping 9 slots on each page, to the point where Pit is at far right of the 9 slots, and then gets bumped to a newer page with 9 more empty slots
Rinse and repeat

That post was sort of unnecessary because the box discussion was already coming to a close, hence me saying "THEORY DEBUNKED." At any rate, I could have sworn there were two pages at the release of the official site, one of which being full of blank squares. I don't recall the second page being added mid-way. I also find Pacack's argument much more convincing than yours, PikaJew. I think you make an assumption when you state that a third page will be added filled with 8 other blank squares as I don't recall that happening before. All that has happened as of late is the replacement of blank boxes with characters on the left. I'm pretty sure the second page was there at the start. The squares are not being "pushed" to the right, they are being removed when a new character is revealed, which is placed on the left. If the boxes were simply pushed, we would still have all the empty boxes we've had since the advent of the site. Although I'm inclined to agree, I don't see any reason to believe without a doubt that there will be another page of empty boxes after 2 more character reveals.

Also, education is not a necessary function of theory-crafting. I would say at best we could be misguided, not necessarily uneducated; the comment is out of line and unnecessary.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
That post was sort of unnecessary because the box discussion was already coming to a close, hence me saying "THEORY DEBUNKED." At any rate, I could have sworn there were two pages at the release of the official site, one of which being full of blank squares. I don't recall the second page being added mid-way. I also find Pacack's argument much more convincing than yours, PikaJew. I think you make an assumption when you state that a third page will be added filled with 8 other blank squares as I don't recall that happening before. All that has happened as of late is the replacement of blank boxes with characters on the left. I'm pretty sure the second page was there at the start. The squares are not being "pushed" to the right, they are being removed when a new character is revealed, which is placed on the left. If the boxes were simply pushed, we would still have all the empty boxes we've had since the advent of the site. Although I'm inclined to agree, I don't see any reason to believe without a doubt that there will be another page of empty boxes after 2 more character reveals.

Also, education is not a necessary function of theory-crafting. I would say at best we could be misguided, not necessarily uneducated; the comment is out of line and unnecessary.

Could you make your font any smaller?

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Mewtwo doesn't get confirmed on Friday or on Monday
Rumor says there will be a new reveal of something on Friday
There is one blank character box in the character selection bar on smashbros.com
The X-Bomb is the only item that Sakurai has revealed with a miiverse daily photos post
The U.S. Government will shutdown by midnight tomorrow if the politics don't reach a deal
Rabbits like to eat carrots
Toon Link and Sonic were revealed only 4 days apart from each other
GameFaqs users are migrating over to Smashboards
Trolls are becoming more common
People are acting stupid
I crave chocolate milk
Miiverse is full of idiots
Some people can predict the future
Some people can teach a class
Some people can play Smash bros.
Most people think they are smart.
I should be doing homework right now
First everyone gets excited
Then everyone gets disappointed
Then everyone starts assuming
Then everyone starts trolling
Then everyone looks stupid
Then everyone tries to act smart
Next thing you know it is the next day and there is a new daily photo
Then I decide to leave Smashboards and go back to college work.

For all of you Smashboards users that let your hype control your comments (before your actual brain) on this thread I think Sakurai is trying to tell you all something with these daily photos now if you would actually use your brain you might just get it

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
Man I'm so lost. What exactly do you mean? I see nothing confirming anything for Friday in today's update.

( https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAABAAAYUKk_yfcQEg )
Haha, I kind of thought I wrote that wrong. So for each day, something new is revealed in the picture, whether a new character, level, item, or just some random funny gesture the character does. Sakurai never posts the same thing twice. I guess I worded it wrong. Failed troll I guess you could say.

But like this picture in the link, I could say, "Toon Link makes a funny face while dying. That's new!" And it confirms a funny face while dying.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
So for each day, something new is revealed in the picture, whether a new character, level, item, or just some random funny gesture the character does. Sakurai never posts the same thing twice.

Guys can we just take a break from all the hype and talk about the photos... That is basically why I posted what I did today... I posted a photoshop edited image of today's photo to make a comedic play on what Sakurai posted. And I believe that if we all started to do stuff like that more then maybe this thread would actually sound smarter.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well only tomorrow and till friday till are pokemon character finale happens if no pokemon character happens this week we still have to wait for are pokemon character some other month or til release

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
Quite honestly, I don't really care what's shown. Just as long as he doesn't repeat anything, I'm glad to see what pictures he takes. At least he's taking the time to do this everyday when Sakurai doesn't have to.

D

Deleted member

The answer should be to not talk at all.
We've got other threads for random horse****.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So this is today's daily?

While the stage looks beautiful, I was still hoping to find something new.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Definitely looks like we will be seeing alot more delfino flying platform type stages as well as alot of scrolling stages like Rainbow Cruise and Mario Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom