• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, that's definitely a Kirby one. Redesigning a DK one for a Kirby one... is less than logical. Even for Sakurai logic. I want a new DK course, but come on. :/

Best I can think of, if it has no Mt. Dedede elements, is that the leaker saw the castle from the Stage Select Screen and simply made an error. Like a lot lately on his part.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yeah, that's definitely a Kirby one. Redesigning a DK one for a Kirby one... is less than logical. Even for Sakurai logic. I want a new DK course, but come on. :/

Best I can think of, if it has no Mt. Dedede elements, is that the leaker saw the castle from the Stage Select Screen and simply made an error. Like a lot lately on his part.
Or he said mt dedede Being the stage but really being mutiple parts of kirby super star stage this part is the GCO part.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Or he said mt dedede Being the stage but really being mutiple parts of kirby super star stage this part is the GCO part.
Or mistook it. Until we see a leak of the SSS itself(pictures), we don't know how he came to that conclusion.

Or he's full of it. There's a lot of reasons. A stage that there's no way he could've easily mistook is the only thing that can truly kill the leak. But a stage that's fairly difficult to mistake at best weakens the leak. I'm being skeptical on in it being real or fake since so far every "weakness" the leak has is hyper vague and doesn't do well to debunk it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Pic of the day. For the first time ever in the Super Smash Bros. series, you can play with a collection of real-life trophies in the form of amiibo. Simply touch them on this part of the GamePad. This particular screen is dedicated to activating amiibo, but you can also tap your amiibo on the GamePad at the character-selection screen to let that character join the battle.

Once you do, the trophy of your amiibo character transforms into a Figure Player (FP)!! FPs fight and develop on their own.

"Fight and develop on their own"
Great now Im scared about a Villager Amiibo becoming Self-aware

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Amiibo info

"Pic of the day. For the first time ever in the Super Smash Bros. series, you can play with a collection of real-life trophies in the form of amiibo. Simply touch them on this part of the GamePad. This particular screen is dedicated to activating amiibo, but you can also tap your amiibo on the GamePad at the character-selection screen to let that character join the battle."

"Once you do, the trophy of your amiibo character transforms into a Figure Player (FP)!! FPs fight and develop on their own."

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
They had to get this out of the way sooner then later. I'm just curious as to when the Kirby Minecart stage will be explained.

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
Yay, The 3DS menus are no more, now we can enjoy some good quality Wii U menus!!

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Amiibo info

"Pic of the day. For the first time ever in the Super Smash Bros. series, you can play with a collection of real-life trophies in the form of amiibo. Simply touch them on this part of the GamePad. This particular screen is dedicated to activating amiibo, but you can also tap your amiibo on the GamePad at the character-selection screen to let that character join the battle."

"Once you do, the trophy of your amiibo character transforms into a Figure Player (FP)!! FPs fight and develop on their own."
There had better be a Wolf amiibo. DLC/Wii U transfer. I hope the Wario amiibo comes out in a timely manner. Sakurai still hasn't talked much about the Wii U exclusive mode yet... odd.

D

Deleted member

Just in case you guys didn't see, the Wii U launch date was announced, and just as rumors said, it's November 21st for the US, Canada, and Mexico.
Interestingly they seem to get it first, with other areas getting it on December 5th-6th, including Japan.

Last edited by a moderator:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised that North America is getting in first, but I certainly don't mind. It does make sense to beat the Black Friday shopping rush after all.

As for today's picture, it didn't reveal much, but I guess it's nice to see the mode. Pretty much anything would have been overshadowed by the release date being posted on the site though.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Just in case you guys didn't see, the Wii U launch date was announced, and just as rumors said, it's November 21st for the US, Canada, and Mexico.
Interestingly they seem to get it first, with other areas getting it on December 5th-6th, including Japan.
Take that Japan!!!!! Ha! This feels so good. I finally get revenge on Japan! Sorry people who live in Europe. You got the shaft both times.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
"Oh my gosh these pics of the day are so boring. Sakurai is such a troll. We knew about all of this already. I want some new information about the game."

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Well it's just fair that Japan is getting it later, they got the 3ds version first than us, so it makes sense.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Come on Sakurai, talk about how the Wii U version is infinitely better than the 3ds version with better modes, gameplay, and stages.(don't lie to yourselves 3ds people. This has to be Nintendo's marketing strategy. They need to convince the casual market to get both. Nothing besides saying it is so much better will kill the sales of Smash Wii U and Wii U sales because it canonbolizes it's own sales. Though DLC characters that the Wii U version gets first also isn't a bad idea.)

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Would the Wii U version have enough exclusive stuff for a direct/part of a direct or do you think the next two months will begin to have more interesting updates?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I just want to point this out, I had the feelling he overhyped the Paper Mario stage reveal because he said "for the first time ever" on the first 3ds menu and the stage reveal.

He just id that again. I guess he did overhyped it...because more was coming (I know at least 3 trophies being mario main series referencing Paper Mario, one being explicit).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I know it ain't happening but i will be a happy man if sakurai changes is heart on no exclusives characters

Wii u exclusives then patch release for 3ds version with him

..........but really that ain't happening

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I know it ain't happening but i will be a happy man if sakurai changes is heart on no exclusives characters

Wii u exclusives then patch release for 3ds version with him

..........but really that ain't happening
That's contradictory. An exclusive is something that isn't available at all to the other version. If it's available on the other version, even later, it's not a real exclusive. So him temporarily introducing characters on the Wii U version would never been a real exclusive so there's no reason he wouldn't do it. Unless he didn't want to, but it can't go against his policy, because everybody is guaranteed to experience the same characters regardless of version.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That's contradictory. An exclusive is something that isn't available at all to the other version. If it's available on the other version, even later, it's not a real exclusive. So him temporarily introducing characters on the Wii U version would never been a real exclusive so there's no reason he wouldn't do it. Unless he didn't want to, but it can't go against his policy, because everybody is guaranteed to experience the same characters regardless of version.
Ever heard of a timed exclusive?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
:facepalm: Of course I have. But not everybody can ever read the word exclusive without mistaking it for the idea that "it's not really one, just a temporary character difference".

Which is the only reason I replied. Time Exclusives are a confusing statement to many. Nor was it literally said in there, so it was vague as hell. I'm playing Devil's Advocate for the sole purpose of trying to avoid confusion. Yes, the fact that people even use the word "exclusive" alone has created a terrible argument against this idea of temporarily different characters(a more direct statement) using semantics. It's sad, but true.

As must as I hate to say it, a lot of people read things completely wrong from the intentions. The earlier message alone was not hard to misread. I never did. I knew exactly what it means. But does everybody? No. If people would stop those poor semantics arguments, I wouldn't have replied. The wording was poor. I called him out on it. That's all there is to it.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Actually... never...

:S

Anyway, I think tonight he'll point out that the Wii U version now has a release date. Announcing a Direct to explain some of the modes would be nice too. I'm expecting a solid amount of content.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Oh look Spoilers... :troll:

Pic of the day. The Flying Men that appear in the Magicant stage will ally with the first fighter that touches them. Watch out for their flying cross-chop attacks! They also accumulate damage, and a grave gets erected every time a Flying Man falls in battle. And of course, only up to five Flying Men can appear at a time.

Well, now I'll focus on KOing the 5 Flying Men every time I play non Omega Magicant, those guys ruined more than one match for me, including a Classic Mode run on 9.0 Difficulty.
(Outrages Internally :149:)

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
So Ness shows up in a pic despite the spoilers page? Huh...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
:facepalm: Of course I have. But not everybody can ever read the word exclusive without mistaking it for the idea that "it's not really one, just a temporary character difference".

Which is the only reason I replied. Time Exclusives are a confusing statement to many. Nor was it literally said in there, so it was vague as hell. I'm playing Devil's Advocate for the sole purpose of trying to avoid confusion. Yes, the fact that people even use the word "exclusive" alone has created a terrible argument against this idea of temporarily different characters(a more direct statement) using semantics. It's sad, but true.

As must as I hate to say it, a lot of people read things completely wrong from the intentions. The earlier message alone was not hard to misread. I never did. I knew exactly what it means. But does everybody? No. If people would stop those poor semantics arguments, I wouldn't have replied. The wording was poor. I called him out on it. That's all there is to it.
Ah ok, I wasn't aware of the confusion the word exclusive can bring.
Actually... never...

:S
i'm guessing you don't play Xbox
Oh look Spoilers... :troll:
Well he did say we would start seeing unlockable content.
I like how he doesn't even mention Ness, as if he expected everyone to know already or to have checked the spoilers setion on the official site

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKmEub6IBQ
Pic of the day. The Flying Men that appear in the Magicant stage will ally with the first fighter that touches them. Watch out for their flying cross-chop attacks! They also accumulate damage, and a grave gets erected every time a Flying Man falls in battle. And of course, only up to five Flying Men can appear at a time.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sakurai...

If you're going to keep something secret.

Then keep it secret.

Now you just look dumb.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...To be fair, saying the Original 12 are back is pretty much a secret to no one. :p

But seriously, that's just a strange decision.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
I can't believe Ness is in the game. Who saw that coming?!

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
guys we are 5 days after launch if you didnt unlock(or at the very least fight) ness by now i dont think you were actually playing the game

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sakurai dropped broad hints about G&W and Dark Pt before they were revealed too.
Mr. Game & Watch also was a retro-like character. He revealed no one but Lucina whatsoever in a PotD by saying they're playable. Dark Pit was added later on, which is why he wasn't given a "joins the battle" message. Neither really count as they're different scenarios. This isn't even a proper Ness reveal. -_-

Imagine if Ness was never playable and his "Secret" part wasn't on the website. Tell me, what would you think he was by this picture alone? Exactly. It doesn't make sense to do this without just saying he's a secret(in the PotD) or telling us how to unlock him in the next post. It's a waste of a "reveal" overall. It would've been better to show another character if he had no plans to tell us more on Ness besides show an unlabeled picture of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom