• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Not the best stage, but at least it's a Wii U pic.

EDIT: Kind to think of it, if Fire Emblem got 2 stages on the Wii U version, could it be that Kid Icarus could get a 2nd stage on the Wii U as well? I'm serious. I'd be sad if Palutena's Temple was the only one. Whether it's a Forces of Nature stage, Underworld one, or even the Space Pirate area, I hope they get something great.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Castle Siege?

That looks really interesting in HD. Guess this means good news for the Coliseum, because I was worried for a moment that they were going to recycle the music from that stage and use it for the new one.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Castle Siege was my most requested returning stage to return, This is a happy day for me now!
We may get more in the following weeks (Eldin Bridge and Port Town maybe? or Temple and Fountain of Dreams in Melee's case?)

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Not the best stage, but at least it's a Wii U pic.

EDIT: Kind to think of it, if Fire Emblem got 2 stages on the Wii U version, could it be that Kid Icarus could get a 2nd stage on the Wii U as well? I'm serious. I'd be sad if Palutena's Temple was the only one. Whether it's a Forces of Nature stage, Underworld one, or even the Space Pirate area, I hope they get something great.
Well one of the FE stages is a returning stage. So the equivalent for Kid Icarus would be Palutina's temple and Skyworld from Brawl.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Uh, hey, maybe I'm late to the party, but yall know bout this? http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ice-climbers-axed-from-smash-bros-3ds-roster-due-t/1100-6422368/ I guess Sakurai changed his mind about the "same roster for both versions" rule. Maybe Ice Climbers will be DLC? Or will we be able to see them in a Pic of the day before Wii U release? :o
He still adhered to his "rule".

The ICs weren't working on the 3DS version. Ergo, neither the 3DS nor the Wii U will have gotten the ICs.

Even though, as the article states, they had made a working, if unfinished, Ice Climber pair on the Wii U during development. When the 3DS ICs ended up unfeasible, they would have taken the Wii U ICs and discarded them also.

That is, unless Sakurai has changed his mind since then about both systems getting identical rosters, and the Wii U will indeed gain more characters and/or characters that aren't possible on 3DS hardware.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Hopefully this means that the stage selection on the Wii U version is larger if Fire Emblem is getting two stages.

*prays for Delfino Plaza*

Sonsa

Smash Champion
He still adhered to his "rule".

The ICs weren't working on the 3DS version. Ergo, neither the 3DS nor the Wii U will have gotten the ICs.

Even though, as the article states, they had made a working, if unfinished, Ice Climber pair on the Wii U during development. When the 3DS ICs ended up unfeasible, they would have taken the Wii U ICs and discarded them also.

That is, unless Sakurai has changed his mind since then about both systems getting identical rosters, and the Wii U will indeed gain more characters and/or characters that aren't possible on 3DS hardware.
Yeah, thats what I was saying. Especially cause of this quote "However, Sakurai says the team has already prototyped the Ice Climbers running on the Wii U version of the game--a strong suggestion that the characters will appear on the home console version."
I trust Sakurai to make the smart move and use their already made prototype instead of allowing one version to hold another back.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Oh wow, was not expecting this! That's cool though! Two stages for FE is awesome new. I'm hoping there's still waaaay more stages to come for the Wii U version. At least one per franchise. Or a more balanced spread.

DK better get two new stages.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well, Fire Emblem sure is well covered on stage department, a new stage on both versions and an old one on the Wii U, wish this was the case for all bigger franchises honestly.

Anyways, it's always neat to see something old return in HD, so I'm happy with this update.

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
OOH, more Wii U news! And a good stage at that! Seeing as how Fire Emblem has two stages on the Wii U, I sincerely hope it means that every franchise gets proper representation on the Wii U version(they have been doing a good job so far, just need a DK, Yoshi, Wario, Mother, F-Zero, and Game and Watch level.) Fingers crossed for Fountain of Dreams HD as well as an actual Duck Hunt level!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Most of the games in the Fire Emblem series have a different unique setting and have fields without much height, so it was hard to narrow down what venues to focus on. Castle Siege and Colosseum are two stages that aren't exclusive to specific games in the franchise.
Had he not specified the number, I would have thought Colosseum and Castle Siege were the only stages Fire Emblem was getting. But, since he did, that leaves the gate wide open for another stage, particularly a stage with a game-specific origin.

Don't tease with my heart, Sakurai-sama.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yeah, thats what I was saying. Especially cause of this quote "However, Sakurai says the team has already prototyped the Ice Climbers running on the Wii U version of the game--a strong suggestion that the characters will appear on the home console version."
I trust Sakurai to make the smart move and use their already made prototype instead of allowing one version to hold another back.
I agree, he wanted them back, but at this point seems unlikely, but with the New 3DS coming with better Hardware they may get a DLC on the future along with the Wii U version.

Back on topic; The stage looks smaller for me but maybe is because the larger character models, so probably Sakurai ported the original model and remastered; the sun effect on the first pic is awesome in my opinion

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
It would be nice, obviously, but I wouldn't expect Sakurai to alienate a segment of the Smash 4 consumer base through character-system favouritism.

For while the Wii U would gain the advantage with extra characters (even if only with the ICs), the 3DS users are disadvantaged. It wouldn't bode well if the 3DS users start crying foul as a result. I suppose this could also apply should a revised edition come out on the New 3DS system line in a year or two. In fact, that might be a good strategy; giving incentive to get the Wii U or New 3DS versions, phasing out the old 3DS version with less characters.

I suppose we'll see. But it seems to me that the fact Sakurai committed to shared rosters was precisely because the 3DS was the less powerful system, so they had to use that as the common denominator.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Oh wow, was not expecting this! That's cool though! Two stages for FE is awesome new. I'm hoping there's still waaaay more stages to come for the Wii U version. At least one per franchise. Or a more balanced spread.

DK better get two new stages.
Wouldn't it be funny if they brought back Rumble Falls? :rolleyes:

But seriously, I really hope we get one new DK stage - preferably one from Tropical Freeze.

Last edited:

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
I'm really hoping we get Poké Floats back from Melee..

Also an actual Duck Hunt stage and some new Yoshi and DK stages. All 3 got gimped on 3DS.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Rumble Falls is likely to return (we need a scrolling stage nodody will ever use) but I hope Sakurai expands his mind and include a Tropical Freeze stage (we also need the icy stage, and with the IC out, another universe will take the place)

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I hope Rainbow Cruise comes back again, it's my favorite FFA chaos stage alongside Brinstar Depths.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Spoiler Alert: He's not. They're cut. But I've been dancing this dance all week so I won't harp on it anymore. (At least not right now...)

Yo! Wii U PotD. It's been a while. Looks good. I wasn't the biggest fan of Castle Siege but it's good to have it back.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Wouldn't it be funny if they brought back Rumble Falls? :rolleyes:

But seriously, I really hope we get one new DK stage - preferably one from Tropical Freeze.
Rumble Falls is the worst stage that has ever existed. If DKCR:TF doesn't get a stage, it's a crime.

Grassland Groove would be amazing. With Windmill Hill's track - or Sakurai can be clever and play Windmill Hill on Sonic's pretty new stage.

LaughingLuigi

Smash Apprentice
Wow. I wasn't expecting a Wii U pic tonight! I thought tonight's pic caption would be Sakurai announcing that the Wii U version doesn't exist.

D

Deleted member

I forgot how beautiful the Wii U version looks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Welcome back Castle Siege! It's great to have another good, legal stage just like that; the stage already worked pretty well in Brawl, and all of the mechanics changes should make its generally tedious second form play a lot better now. This update is definitely one of the best in quite a while for me.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Looks like this thread only needed a nice Wii U pic to come back to life! (at least for a moment)
With Sakurai acknowledging the Wii U images drought, we may get at least 2-3 HD pics next week.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Had he not specified the number, I would have thought Colosseum and Castle Siege were the only stages Fire Emblem was getting. But, since he did, that leaves the gate wide open for another stage, particularly a stage with a game-specific origin.

Don't tease with my heart, Sakurai-sama.
As much as I want a game specific stage (Tower of Guidance would be so hype), there will be so much salt over Fire Emblem getting three stages on the Wii U Version and 4 total.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I always enjoyed this stage for casual play. Seeing Wii U stages makes me remember that I can still feel hype for this game!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm ecstatic that the Wii U version is getting more stages than the 3DS version.

Let's hope that we get a new one for each franchise.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I really hope the Omega Forme for this stage is the 3rd transformation rather than the 1st.
I bet it will. Would probably be the easiest one to make a Omega of anyways. ^^

Really hope all franchises has a new stage on the Wii-U. Would make it all so much more hype for me.

Melee was so good this way, as almost all franchises had two stages or more. Of course, they have a LOT of more franchises now, so I understand if that is tough to do.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
As a Fire Emblem fan, I approve of 2 FE stages. Coliseum and Castle Siege may not be from specific games, unlike Arena Ferox, but they do take iconic elements from the series.

With 4 FE characters in the game, I believe two stages for them is fair game.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I see Delfino Plaza, either of the Pokemon Stadiums, Onett, and Pirate Ship as having the highest chance of returning.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
I'm sure Luigi's Mansion is likely to return. I'd also like to see Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland (N64) and maybe Fourside.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
As a Fire Emblem fan, I approve of 2 FE stages. Coliseum and Castle Siege may not be from specific games, unlike Arena Ferox, but they do take iconic elements from the series.

With 4 FE characters in the game, I believe two stages for them is fair game.
Now tell Sakurai to give Brawl a fair amount of regular(Past excluded) Kirby courses. I like Halberd and all, but come on...

But otherwise, I really like the overall sets of courses in each game.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Speaking of past stages, the music of the Kongo Jungle stage from Smash 64 is on Smash 3DS.

Could it mean Kongo Jungle N64 will return?

Last edited:

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
I see Delfino Plaza, either of the Pokemon Stadiums, Onett, and Pirate Ship as having the highest chance of returning.
If sakurai's is going to continue to force us to use the fludd on mario, Delfino NEEDS to come back.

I'm also really hoping for foutain of dreams personall..but most of all I just hope this is the start of the POTD generating some wii u hype. I haven't been hyped for the 3ds version for awhile now.

Speaking of past stages, the music of the Kongo Jungle stage from Smash 64 is on Smash 3DS.

Could it mean Kongo Jungle N64 will return?
I doubt it means much considering in brawl a lot of music was listed from past stages..though i would like to see some n64 stages.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom