• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Can't believe someone would be disappointed by this roster, especially if we include the DLC part as true also.
Do you honestly expect better than this? We were expecting two newcomers more AT BEST, and we got four. One's a clone sure, but it's still four. The roster is not going to be better than this you know.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Can't believe someone would be disappointed by this roster, especially if we include the DLC part as true also.
Do you honestly expect better than this? We were expecting two newcomers more AT BEST, and we got four. One's a clone sure, but it's still four. The roster is not going to be better than this you know.
No ICs while getting Dr. Mario are my only complaints. Duck Hunt Dog seems fun and Bowser Jr. has been my number one want since Sunshine. I thought the DLC part wasn't real, though?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
No ICs while getting Dr. Mario are my only complaints. Duck Hunt Dog seems fun and Bowser Jr. has been my number one want since Sunshine. I thought the DLC part wasn't real, though?
We don't know anything. The DLC part may be real exactly as the roster itself.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Ooh...wow, heart jumped a little. Alright, assist trophy is an awesome role and we'll see him in all-star mode. And he's even doing all that funny tongue stuff so...good enough for me! I knew I couldn't get Ghirahim and Tetra...and honestly I'd rather have Tetra, and now she seems to be the only one left. Ironically, this update has only raised my hopes. Great update! Love deconfirmations!

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Tetra deserves a shot at the roster, maybe? Given that Toon Link is around, and given that Sheik is still here despite having only been in one main-series game. She could use all sorts of pirate-y tools, like a grappling hook to steal your held item or equipped badge.
While I have no interest in the idea, she is perhaps one of few Zelda characters I wouldn't openly object. I must express that the Zelda representatives has felt complete to me since Melee, and morally replacing Young Link with Toon Link in Brawl was just bliss. Assist Trophies are the perfect place for others to go, and the fact we've got three new ones from the Zelda series (plus the returning Tingle) is simply awesome, along with plenty of new items. The franchise is being far from neglected and I feel bad whenever people suggest it sees the addition of more playables, which is the one area it needed representation least.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Awww, that sucks. Guess I'll have to cross him off my wishlist. :(

At least he's good enough for assist trophy status. That's cool.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Sweet Din, Farore and Nayru! One heck of a deconfirm and so close to release although there could be more to come.

I never really cared for Ghirahim, to me he's just
the weapon of Ganondorf (Demise if you wanna be specific)
and he's from one game...one rather bad game in my opinion.

On the other hand I would gladly take Ghirahim over that green haired wench but that's not happening :/

All these people talking about potential Zelda newcomers, the deconfirmed ones and the ones that are left and nowhere do I see Toon Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I'm probably the only person here who doesn't think she is too out of the realm of possibility..... Considering people always like to pretend she doesn't exist whenever speculating potential Zelda newcomers.........
You must never have seen my posts about Toon Zelda's stance in Smash 4. I've posted a pretty good amount of clues and hints that I've noticed that makes me believe she's our most likely Zelda newcomer. Things that I've never seen other people address because you're right; people tend to write her off quite a bit.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You must never have seen my posts about Toon Zelda's stance in Smash 4. I've posted a pretty good amount of clues and hints that I've noticed that makes me believe she's our most likely Zelda newcomer. Things that I've never seen other people address because you're right; people tend to write her off quite a bit.
Heh, I do admit, I felt that I was kinda exaggerating a bit and was about to edit it before you replied Scamper. But yeah, She isn't outside of the realm of possibility. (Especially if a certain leak is to be believed.....)

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Heh, I do admit, I was kinda exaggerating a bit and considered editing it before you replied Scamper. But yeah, She isn't outside of the realm of possibility. (Especially if a certain leak is to be believed.....)
Haha. I didn't recognize you for a minute there with your new profile picture, Kiwi. I'm sure you've seen some of my posts.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
You know what I just realize?
The Trophy Theory is dead unless Demise is playable but that's not likely to happen

....Come on, stay up Ridley.:(

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
You know what I just realize?
The Trophy Theory is dead unless Demise is playable but that's not likely to happen

....Come on, stay up Ridley.:(
Uh...
impa.jpg

While I always believed the trophy theory is flimsy and could be just a coincidence, Ghirahim wasn't the only candidate for it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I knew there was a disconfirmation SOMETIME this week.

I think AT is more than appropriate for Ghirahim, to be honest.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
...he looks great and would have made an infinitely much better character than Dark Pit.
Why do people say things like this when Dark Pit and Doc obviously fall under the same "was-alt-costum-but-gave-moves-different-properties-and-therefore-own-slot" category as Lucina.

I mean, I want my Jiggs back, but :ohwell:

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well look who was right. I said Ghirahim wasn't gonna be playable... and here we are with Ghirahim confirmed not playable.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Wait, that's the second AT we got this WEEK. How many ATs does this game have after all?
31 confirmed ATs at this point it seems (including returning ones.) Can't remember how many Brawl had, but at this point it's a very solid number.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Wait, that's the second AT we got this WEEK. How many ATs does this game have after all?
A lot, considering we haven't even seen all Brawl AT's yet. Some of them might be cut (like Gray Fox and Kat & Ana), but there's still a bunch left.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
31 confirmed ATs at this point it seems (including returning ones.) Can't remember how many Brawl had, but at this point it's a very solid number.
Oh. I was going to say that I like the ATs more than I like the new playable characters, but with the massive amount of ATs, that would be an unfair comparison.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Heh, I do admit, I felt that I was kinda exaggerating a bit and was about to edit it before you replied Scamper. But yeah, She isn't outside of the realm of possibility. (Especially if a certain leak is to be believed.....)
Wait, there's a leak including Toon Zelda?

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
A lot, considering we haven't even seen all Brawl AT's yet. Some of them might be cut (like Gray Fox and Kat & Ana), but there's still a bunch left.
Why would Kat and Ana be cut. Three wario ATs make up for the lack of representation overall so far

Last edited:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai continues to cut down popular characters by confirming them to be ATs. Personally, I'm fine with Girahim ending up as an AT as I wasn't particularly supporting him. His level of representation seems about right at least.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Sakurai continues to cut down popular characters by confirming them to be ATs. Personally, I'm fine with Girahim ending up as an AT as I wasn't particularly supporting him. His level of representation seems about right at least.
Thing is the Big three: Ridley, k Rool, Mewtwo, shouldn't be relegated to ATs. Its either Character, Boss, or no in between.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Let me start off this day by looking at a relaxing PotD before I dive into the leak thread again.

*looks at PotD*

FML!

Gotta say, even though I accepted the leak to be true, this disconfirmation still hurts. He really was the last guy left from the LoZ series that was still worthy of joining the playable characters imo. Luckily he's playable in Hyrule Warriors soon enough so I'm not to upset about it. He makes a fabulous AT though.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I know the picturs

Im talking about ninka leak since it matches to a T to the pictures.
The Ninka leak is exactly what you see in the pictures, the only further information in it is that the rest of the Koopalings are alts for Bowser Jr and Alph is an alt for Olimar. So nope, nothing on Ghirahim.

HohnTTD

Smash Cadet
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought Tetra a was more deserving/likely character than Ghirahim.

I mean, she's been in multiple Zelda games, she's another viable female character, and was originally planned for Brawl (Assuming "Toon Sheik" actually meant Tetra).

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
Ah, well. I was a Ghirahim supporter, but I didn't, and still don't think Zelda's getting six characters. Lame that we're probably getting the same ones we've had since Melee, but pwagh. I kinda see all the Zelda love in the items/assists/stages as compensation, and I'd say it's working well enough.

Plus, If Ganon gets a new moveset, though, I won't even mind, he can be our newcomer.

Also, about Impa. With Sheik being separate from Zelda, I don't see it happening. Except for the one in the old games (who didn't ever do anything to the point you couldn't even freaking see her in-game) they're pretty much the same character type. It's not that they'd be clones or anything, they can definitely have different movesets, but everything you can do with Impa, you could have realistically done with Sheik too, and I doubt Sakurai would choose that over someone with completely unique moveset potential that couldn't have been done with anyone else.

Also, I'm choosing to ignore Hyrule Warriors Impa because let's face it, as cool as the character designs are, it's a freaking spin-off. You wouldn't use HW Impa (or that Ganondorf for that matter) for the same reason you wouldn't replace Link's bow with a crossbow. Heck, was HW even a thing before they started with development?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom