• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I know it's early, but I'm calling it.
"Pic of the Day. This is Mr.Peepers (or, "Duck hunt Dog") He will chase a character when summoned, grab them, and hold them upside down while the other characters wail on them. Have fun!"

Extra Post
"Oh.. And of course he has his laugh you are all to familiar with!"
and when it doesnt happen?

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
"Pic of the Day. This is Mr.Peepers (or, "Duck hunt Dog") He will chase a character when summoned, grab them, and hold them upside down while the other characters wail on them. Have fun!"

Extra Post
Even though I don't agree with Duck Hunt Dog's inclusion, the fact his real name is "Mr. Peepers" will sound hilarious if the announcer says his name on the select screen. (if the leak is true, that is.)

"MIS-ter Peepers!"

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Extra Post
Duck Hunt Dog as an Assist Trophy seems quite possible, considering what happened to Takamaru.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Sakurai pls

Post something that'll make or break this leak pl0x, I'm tired of the talk around it because it might suck out hype like Gematsu did.

inb4 Sakurai proves the leak real

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Sakurai pls

Post something that'll make or break this leak pl0x, I'm tired of the talk around it because it might suck out hype like Gematsu did.

inb4 Sakurai proves the leak real
I think the most convenient content to make or break this is a stage reveal for 3DS, seeing as we only just got a character reveal last week.

Although we technically got Brinstar just yesterday, so it might take a few days. Still, he revealed N's Castle and the Paper Mario stage in one week, so it's still possible in next 2 days.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I think the most convenient content to make or break this is a stage reveal for 3DS, seeing as we only just got a character reveal last week.

Although we technically got Brinstar just yesterday, so it might take a few days. Still, he revealed N's Castle and the Paper Mario stage in one week, so it's still possible in next 2 days.
I think a vet or a stage have an equal chance now considering the release date inching ever closer. I'm only expecting Wario tho, a stage would also be nice.

Also, I'm pretty sure Sakurai is well aware of this leak by now. He has to do something.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Mother 2's anniversary is in a few days, but we know Sakurai's disappointing history with anniversaries.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Duck Hunt Dog as an Assist Trophy seems quite possible, considering what happened to Takamaru.
"In the Gamecube preview issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly, the Smash Bros Melee article comments that Nintendo originally tried to implement Assist Trophies in Melee. The only trophy concept they gave details on was one that would release the ducks from Duck Hunt to fly around the stage and interfere with the fighters."

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
There's a number of issues with this potd, which explains all of the negative responses including my own.

First off is the over repping. For all we know there could be a ridiculous amount of Pokemon that are Smash Run enemies or there could be a high amount of Mario or Zelda or Kirby enemies but what do people notice a high amount of in potd and gameplay footage? KI:U enemies. It's like how way back I complained about too many Zelda items being shown both new and old. New items is good but I'd like variety. Same problem I had when we got the Mario Bros. U Wii U stage. We already had the Mario Galaxy stage and a number of people lately and altogether have been asking for Kirby or Metroid stages and yet there are none or hardly any aside from returning stages. Some people even fear we may not get new stages for some series because all we are getting is returning stages!

Then there's the fact we already knew this? I didn't remember the Mimicutie being shown before but then again I also forgot about the KI:U stage on the 3DS with Viridi. This is the final stretch before the Japanese get their hands on the game and they can leak every bit of information to us. Sakurai can show anything he wants before that time and he chooses to show something we already know? It's a waste when he could be building up hype for the soon to come release.

There's also the fact of what he told us. Chests have good things in them? Thanks Sakurai! We really needed you to tell us that!

Plus Smash Run in general just isn't appealing to see. It's one of those things that will be more fun to play than to see. Sure every part of the game will be like that but Smash Run is outright boring to see for most people where as the main mode makes most people happy to see.

There's also that leak or whatever the **** it was? People now have that on their mind and they want it to be proven false. Every potd from now till release people are gonna want a picture debunking that thing and it sucks.

With all that being said this picture isn't exactly 'bad'. It shows Link in a pretty colour which may seem minor but it's better than constantly seeing him in green. It also at least tells us something, something obvious sure but it's better than 'look at how relaxed Wii Fit Trainer or Rosalina are'. And as @Jords2Good mentioned we now know that special customizations have to be unlocked which is a pretty big deal. But all of that interesting and positive stuff is overshadowed by the negative stuff because that's more noticeable!

I may edit this later on to show how many enemies each series has in Smash Run unless someone does it for me (many thanks for whoever does). Reason for this being that maybe KI:U isn't actually being over repped and it's just in peoples minds so if we can get some actual numbers to show how repped it is some people might be more accepting of KI:U stuff. I know there's stages, characters and items to rep too but Smash Run seems to be the more noticeable one, maybe items is, idk.

Anyways, rant over. Also sorry to the mods for bringing up the you-know-what but it IS adding to the negativity that tonight had. I'll understand if I get a warning but I felt it should be mentioned.
Let's hold off on the overrepping talk until Dark Pit is confirmed. We're gonna need to save it for then.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I can't predict now, what happened today was so confusing.

I really wonder what's going to happen, but just post anything other than smash run. I'm hype for it, but not for seeing too much in potd while we want something else *cough* trailer.

No music because I'm too busy thinking about that Paper Mario tease.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
I bet you know what has been going down for the past 24 hours, Mr. Sakurai. Do what you do with your pic of the day and either tease its accuracy or disconfirm it outright.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I bet you know what has been going down for the past 24 hours, Mr. Sakurai. Do what you do with your pic of the day and either tease its accuracy or disconfirm it outright.
I know you're talking about Ridley, but it's funny that since this afternoon, Paper Mario is going again.

I wonder if it becomes an annoyance because it's kinda irritating for me since those are my 2 most wanted.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I'm hoping we get a picture of the 3DS CSS with all of the starting characters...

That's too much to ask for, isn't it?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I just want a stage or veteran. An assist will also be exceptable. For the love of all that is holy, though, NO MORE SMASH RUN.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
He is?
What do you mean?

Trust me, any explanation is way too fuzzy. The only thing I can tell is that the name of the stage is confirmed to be "Paper Mario", a new section is confirmed to be bowser's castle from sticker star and that's it.

There's like 50 outcomes possible just with that name and I'm so confused now (just debated on that and it became circular).

One thing I'm sure: it's fishy.

Which is why I won't even try to predict Sakurai now. This is so confusing.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If Sakurai knows about this leak (he should by now)
I highly doubt his priority is to disprove it.

In fact, I daresay he is MORE inclined to post filler and nonanswers to keep people guessing.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm expecting great things out of today's PotD. Yesterday was pretty meh, so let's see what Sakurai has in store for us tonight.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I hope I'm lucky enough that when I stay up all night we will get something good.

:disco:
:estatic:We're up all night to get lucky:estatic:

I'm hoping for Ness. I want to see my 64 main get announced!

Nielicus

Smash Lord
I hope I'm lucky enough that when I stay up all night we will get something good.

:disco:
:estatic:We're up all night to get lucky:estatic:

I'm hoping for Ness. I want to see my 64 main get announced!
Don't get me started with music references but I'm expecting anything good at this point... 23 days until we get this roster

sandslash

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai knows about the leak thats for sure. I think this is perfect for him if its false because it gets everyone off his back about the pic of the day if he goes on to give filler or maybe a vet character from the list it will just make everyone think its real and he doesnt have to hear who is going to be in the game every 10 seconds. If its I think he goes about it the same way. Either way i dont think anything special tonight. Maybe tomorrow or early next week like the reveal for fire emblem.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Sakurai knows about the leak thats for sure. I think this is perfect for him if its false because it gets everyone off his back about the pic of the day if he goes on to give filler or maybe a vet character from the list it will just make everyone think its real and he doesnt have to hear who is going to be in the game every 10 seconds. If its I think he goes about it the same way. Either way i dont think anything special tonight. Maybe tomorrow or early next week like the reveal for fire emblem.
If you just prove this leak false, Sakurai, you can post Mimicuties until this game releases.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
If you just prove this leak false, Sakurai, you can post mimicuties until this game releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom