• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
It is better that he over-represents Kid Icarus: Uprising in the PoTD, rather than the game... oh, wait a minute. :troll:

But seriously, this is great. A PoTD week without a Kid Icarus picture is not really a good PoTD week.
Can't argue with that. I'd rather Palutena in ZSS shorts though... I'm sick of hearing about Smash Run enemies.

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting really sick of the Kid Icarus over-representation in these PotDs.

I don't know if those KI enemies were shown already, but I would like it a lot if we got some new info on another franchise's enemy.
What? More Kid Icarus stuff?
I'm seriously getting sick of that series...
More freaking Kid Icarus stuff.....
i don't think any of you have played sakurai's latest masterpiece

i think it's time to, y'know

go play sakurai's latest masterpiece

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Thanks alot Sakurai, for a completely unwanted news update. We TOTALLY wanted Smash Run pics, right guys? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight? Smh.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
For those asking for the caption...

The next potd that discusses Smash Run BETTER directly name drop Kremlings.

Morbi

Scavenger
Thanks alot Sakurai, for a completely unwanted news update. We TOTALLY wanted Smash Run pics, right guys? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight? Smh.
Speak for yourself, the notion is subjective. I did TOTALLY want a Smash Run picture. At least Sakurai listened to my pleas. Best update of the week. I thought yesterday's PoTD was going to be tough to top, I suppose I was wrong.

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Whoa, I forgot! We got booty for today's pic!

BOOTYBOOTYBOOTYBOOTYBOOTY

Guess we didn't get Wario, but I'll take the booty. Thank you, Sakurai.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
i don't think any of you have played sakurai's latest masterpiece

i think it's time to, y'know

go play sakurai's latest masterpiece
Amen Brother. Didn't Sakurai start Smash 4 development right after KI:U was finished? There's no way that they weren't gonna use any of the KI:U stuff for Smash.

Morbi

Scavenger
*Update on Smash Run, more specifically treasure chests and custom items.
*Updates with bonus picture relevant to aforementioned update

Reaction: "NOT ANOTHER KID ICARUS UPDATE, SAKURAI, WE GET IT, YOU DEVELOPED THE GAME. GOSH! Give us an update like an assist trophy or costume.... I mean, you already did... but curse you! I am sick of this mode, the selling point of the 3DS version!"

Last edited:

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Wait wait hold up
This update is about chests..
What kind of people sail to search for chests
Pirates
And in the second picture, there is the northern lights, where does the aurora borealis phenomenon occur?
In space
Put the two together
Space Pirate..:yeahboi:
Seriously, I had no idea about the customizable stuff until this PotD, so I'm kinda happy
Goodnight, lot's o' love

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Haaaaa, ffs. Welp, I was right about at least one prediction this week, wrong day but guessed right. ****ing Smash Run stuff and KI:U stuff. Yaaaaaaaaaay.

Ya know, I'd love love LOVE to see another Smash Run picture if and only if Pichu was shown as an enemy. Would be amusing if he moved like a playable character, having a large moveset and what not. Also, somewhere in the past I said something that fits this situation quite well. I'ma go dig it up...

If I see one more gah damn Kid Icarus item in this game I'm gonna...still buy the game and have fun with it...**** you for making good games Sakurai.
That was on page 788 '-';

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
There is a limit to how much KIU representation we can handle O_O
I can handle it. I'm only pissed that Sakurai didn't make Ice Climber's: Uprising after Melee so that Brawl could have been oversaturated with Ice Climbers stuff.
I'm dead serious by the way.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Does anyone else get disappointed on smash run information?
Yeah at this point i think everyone has a pretty firm grasp of what smash run will give us and what we can expect from it. Nintendo has gone out of their way at every chance to tout this mode and show it to us, i think ive seen enough. Although we could still see some of the boss characters introduced, other then that though i dont care anymore about the mode.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Sakurai's never been like "HURKADUR HERE'S A NEW CHARACTER" without it being part of a Direct or E3 or telling us ahead of time like with Robin. Although I'd like to see him break the cycle maybe once.

Haiiro

Smash Rookie
I hate to sound spoiled and whiny, but honestly, we're less than a month away from the Japanese release, so why does Sakurai feel the need to just give us a bunch of obvious information/stuff we already know about? Now's the best time to start cranking out new, rich information to build up the hype, but lately it seems as if Sakurai wants to kill all the hype...

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
*Update on Smash Run, more specifically treasure chests and custom items.
*Updates with bonus picture relevant to aforementioned update

Reaction: "NOT ANOTHER KID ICARUS UPDATE, SAKURAI, WE GET IT, YOU DEVELOPED THE GAME. GOSH! Give us an update like an assist trophy or costume.... I mean, you already did... but curse you! I am sick of this mode, the selling point of the 3DS version!"
People are only mad because all this stuff has been confirmed already. The Mimicutie, the chest, the custom parts, and the items. But it's great that you actually enjoy this update :grin: I wish I could be feeling that right now. But all I feel now is leak anxiety and sleepiness :tired:

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Been a mighty long time since we had one 'a them fillers. *spits into pot*

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah at this point i think everyone has a pretty firm grasp of what smash run will give us and what we can expect from it. Nintendo has gone out of their way at every chance to tout this mode and show it to us, i think ive seen enough. Although we could still see some of the boss characters introduced, other then that though i dont care anymore about the mode.
I feel the same way about versus mode, I think everyone has a pretty firm grasp of what versus mode will give us and what we can expect from it. Nintendo has gone out of their way at every chance to tout this mode and show it to us, I think I've seen enough. Not only that, it is in every Smash game to date; however, Smash Run is not. Therefore, I am quite interested in seeing what it has to offer. :cool:

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
I gotta agree, smash run updates are boring. I'm probably not going to play in smash run much at all, I don't really care about it or any mode other than normal vs mode

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Yeah, but that means Kirby has 2 AT's and I don't think it's likely to get 3, but whatever.
Yeah maybe. I hope Halberd isn't the only Kirby stage though. That one always felt more like an SSE stage to me.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
...ok yeah I'm annoyed at this filler. 200 days ago I wouldn't have been but 20 something days before release I think I have good reason to be annoyed

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I guess I could mention that this picture isn't exactly terrible. It's information new or otherwise, the caption actually says something useful along with Link's red outfit being purty. There's my attempt at being positive about this :/

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Hype's killed for me. Or maybe just with less emotion.

I get hyped by Smash nowadays by new character announcements.

It's not like the Dojo where anything could be announced any weekday without prior notice or hints or teasing. The fact that you were guaranteed unpredicted, substantial info every weekday made every weekday hype-induced.

Now it's just like "okay, time to wait for the PotD. Don't let us down Sakurai" or "so and so's anniversary is today that means something" or "but Sakurai teased this" or "hm will this week suck" and whatnot. Couple that with the fact that we've seen more footage pre-release and even got the opportunity to play the game several times.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
I don't mind the filler updates, but I'm sick of all this KI over-repping, Palutena is fine, we just don't need all those custom moves, all these items, a huge ass stage, and all these smash run enemies, I mean Arceus that's more than Mario!!!!!!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Nobody noticed the joke it seems.

It's about treasure chests.

The character shown is Link.

Get it?

Da da da daaa!
It would have been funnier with Ganondorf.

Anyhow the Goron Tunic has been my favorite Link alt since the original. Purple one comes close in this game, but a decent screenshot was all it took to remind me of its glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom