• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
im..losing hope that any other character besides Shulk and Chorus Men will be revealed.....

Bandana Dee.....dead....

K. Rool.....dead.

Ridley....maybe if we are lucky.....

that's it......my hope is gone.

Robin got in....I least I got a happy moment in.
What, cause of the Takumaru deconfirm? Geez, that hit ya hard. Gematsu leak is dead, Chrom's not playable. So, anythings possible. Shulk seems probable, I'm expecting to see him in our last newcomer video around August 19. Chorus kids don't seem too likely but anythings possible. Then after that, Brawl had 4 secret newcomers! So this game will probably have a few secret newcomers too! Like Dark Pit who's a Lucina situation but with Pit. Gematsu didn't predict Dark Pit, Lucina, Robin, or even Rosalina, right? So quit whining and have hope! :D

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
*immediately disconfirms Waluigi, Mona, Takamaru, Wonder Red, Dillon, etc*

*teases Ridley for over a year without ever mentioning his name*

Yeah. I am just waiting for his official reveal at this point~

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
”I had a vision: the whole world screaming for mercy. Everyone tangled in strings. Strings...”

"Sakurai: There are no strings on me."

Sakurai is such a troll with that PotD description.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Me: Since it's the Mother anniversary today, can tomorrow's pic have either Ness or Lucas
Sakurai: Hmm... How about we deconfirm a character you wanted in the game instead.

I feel this is a sign... A sign that today will be a bad day. I'm having a lot of those lately...

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I'm ganna make a bold prediction way in advance, a little too much so. Smash Bros direct on August 19th. We'll hear about it after August 15th's pic of the day. There we'll learn more about Trophy Rush and modes like that, customizable moves, connection between versions, and then we'll end with our last newcomer video before release featuring Wario harassing Ness and Lucas similar to how he did in Subspace Emissary and then showing that it was a vision by Shulk before he saves the day. Or if Shulk can time travel, then he will go back to Brawl and save Lucas and Ness from Wario. Can anyone let me know if Shulk can time travel...?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*reads Miiverse caption*

Sakurai really needs to work on his bed side manner when it comes to disconfirmations. "Your most wanted character is out of Smash and, oh, also... I accidentally ran over your cat and your parents told me they've never loved you." Well this week should be fun...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
*reads Miiverse caption*

Sakurai really needs to work on his bed side manner when it comes to disconfirmations. "Your most wanted character is out of Smash and, oh, also... I accidentally ran over your cat and your parents told me they've never loved you." Well this week should be fun...
Great way to start out the week....

This better not turn into some 'week of disconfirmations'.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
That one stung. I jumped a little bit when I saw him, but I knew from the framing just what the truth was...

We're gonna be getting more of this than the good news for the next couple months. Guess we all better brace ourselves.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I know it sucks Takaaaaaa isn't in the game, but I'm all for a week of disconfirmations. There are some bandaids that should've been ripped off ages ago. He's really strung us along this time around.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I know it sucks Takaaaaaa isn't in the game, but I'm all for a week of disconfirmations. There are some bandaids that should've been ripped off ages ago. He's really strung us along this time around.
Do You Mean: Ridley

Just confirm or deconfirm him Sakurai. It aint that difficult.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Do You Mean: Ridley

Just confirm or deconfirm him Sakurai. It aint that difficult.
Sakurai: "I asure you, Ridley will have a BIG role in this game. Stay tuned!"

I can see Sakurai saying things like that just to drag it out. But as I said, Sakurai disconfirmed Waluigi, Mona, Skull Kid, Dillon, Dark Samus, Wonder Red, Takamaru, etc, immediately. While Ridley has been dragged on for about a year now. :/

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Sakurai: "I asure you, Ridley will have a BIG role in this game. Stay tuned!"

I can see Sakurai saying things like that just to drag it out. But as I said, Sakurai disconfirmed Waluigi, Mona, Skull Kid, Dillon, Dark Samus, Wonder Red, Takamaru, etc, immediately. While Ridley has been dragged on for about a year now. :/
That's probably because he's aware of how monumentally popular Ridley is when it comes to wanted newcomers. It's easy to say he's just holding him back to keep people on the edge of their seats for as long as possible.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Wouldn't mind that, we're nearing the release, might aswell begin narrowing down and closing speculation. It's not like it changes the fate of the characters anyways, at this point I'm sure people want to know the roles of their most wanted characters asap, and if they aren't playable that's just how it is, when their roles are announced doesn't change that.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Sorry about takamaru guys i figured greninja did not help at all.

But takamaru looks fantasic though.

Anyway i would not be supeised if ridley does not get confirmed nor deconfirmed this week.

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
Idk why some of you think the gematsu leak is dead lol. In the past, it said "pokemon from X/Y" that proves it was an out dated list. Which would make sense why he didn't get Lucina or Robin right because Lucina was probably an alt at the time and did not change to a newcomer yet. Same with Robin because he was listed as main protagonist from FE awakening and it was most likely assumed by the tipster that the character was Chrom since he is also a popular main character. Why tf would the leaker list Marth's fancy alt as a newcomer?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I feel ridley has a nice chance just because deconfirmed characters were announced immediately. The fact Ridley has been left in the dark makes me believe hes playable.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Idk why some of you think the gematsu leak is dead lol. In the past, it said "pokemon from X/Y" that proves it was an out dated list. Which would make sense why he didn't get Lucina or Robin right because Lucina was probably an alt at the time and did not change to a newcomer yet. Same with Robin because he was listed as main protagonist from FE awakening and it was most likely assumed by the tipster that the character was Chrom since he is also a popular main character. Why tf would the leaker list Marth's fancy alt as a newcomer?
This page here has a list of threads dedicated to leaks, you'll find heaps of people wanting to debate with you!

http://smashboards.com/social-forums/smash-4-leaks.1691/

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
Week of disconfirmations? Sure, I could go for that. Might as well start getting all the hopefuls' fates out of the way now that the release date is drawing near.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I didn't really know of Takamaru before reading threads supporting him for Smash this time around, so his disconfirmation didn't hit me too hard. I'd certainly have had no objections to him getting in, however, as it sounded like he'd be an interesting character. I think it's a bit funny though that Sakurai timed his reveal to be right after the confirmation that his game is being localized in the US.

I doubt the week will stay with disconfirmations, but it would make for some informative PotD, narrowing down the potential characters for the final roster. I'd rather have characters I want in to be ATs and announced before release, rather than getting the game and ultimately discovering them not to be in the roster, and possibly only in as a trophy.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Even though he's just an assist trophy, his design is what I was hoping it'd be. His retro design, but with a bit more detail. Maybe he'll be in next time.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I suppose he had least got some acknowledgement if nothing else. It's always a rough situation, but the end of about 95% of the supports threads will be facing a similiar fate and most of them won't get acknowledgment like Takamaru here did.

Little_GotenSRK

Smash Cadet
NNID
Little_Goten
3DS FC
1048-9697-8273
I have no idea who this Takamaru person is.

He looks like a neat assist trophy though.

How about if they're characters like K. Rool or Ridley, who are fan favorites and have long deserved to be playable, and who have been supported in many cases, for 10-15 years by some of the people here, myself included?

How can you be such a self righteous prick and say "wow well Samus and DK are here you guys should be happy", when some of these characters that haven't been confirmed yet defined childhoods for people. Just because you don't give a rat's blast about these characters doesn't entitle you to say no one should. Yeah I think the roster we have so far is great, but you can bet your *** that I'll be disappointed (not entirely, but still somewhat disappointed) in the roster if Ridley and K. Rool, my personal wishes, don't make the cut.

How ****ing dare you tell people "as a Nintendo fan, I don't see how I could be disappointed in this roster". Look around you at everyone on this forum. It's basically 100% diehard Nintendo fans, and clearly a lot of them aren't happy. You say movesets are the most important part, but clearly that's absolutely not the case, and you've got a lot of nerve talking about it as if it was. You know what people called both of those updates you talked about? Filler. Boring. Waste of a pic. Wanna know why? Because no one gives a rat's blast about either of them now that they're already confirmed and safe. For me, K. Rool and Ridley are my most supported characters, and at this point I would 100% accept them as clones because for me the moveset being good is a very important, but ultimately less important part than their inclusion itself. If Ridley got in as a 1 to 1 clone of Charizard, I'd be ecstatic because hot damn Ridley's playable. I want to see my favorite character cemented as a Nintendo All-Star, not see Pikachu and Kirby punch each other for the millionth time. And I'd be willing to bet that the majority of people here would agree with me.

So get the hell out of here with your holier-than-thou "don't get invested in characters" bull. You don't care about the roster? Fine, no skin off my back. But leave the people who DO care about it the hell alone and especially don't tell them they shouldn't care, you inconsiderate brat.

People take these characters that seriously? Why even get this angry over it?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I have no idea who this Takamaru person is.

He looks like a neat assist trophy though.

People take these characters that seriously? Why even get this angry over it?
You have no idea... the character meltdown that happened after Brawl lasted several months and I imagine the one for this game is going to be fairly bad too. On the upside, there aren't a lot of major characters compared to last time. Shulk, K. Rool, Ridley, and Mewtwo are pretty much all that's left when it comes to major contenders with Krystal, Isaac, Dixie, and Bandana Dee being the only other large and noteworthy fanbases who haven't either outright closed shop or severely lowered their expectations.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You have no idea... the character meltdown that happened after Brawl lasted several months and I imagine the one for this game is going to be fairly bad too. On the upside, there aren't a lot of major characters compared to last time. Shulk, K. Rool, Ridley, and Mewtwo are pretty much all that's left when it comes to major contenders with Krystal, Isaac, Dixie, and Bandana Dee being the only other large and noteworthy fanbases who haven't either outright closed shop or severely lowered their expectations.
If there's one thing fanbases have taught me. It's that we always find a way to throw a tantrum.
Sure, it might not be as bad. But it won't be good either.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Yeah... not particularly looking forward to the day if or when one of the large fanbases here get deconfirmed. It's probably inevitable but it's not going to be pretty.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Can anybody post the caption in romaji? I want to know if Takamaru used "boku"/"ore"/"ora"/whatever to refer to himself.
None of the above. He used the very old "Sessha" instead. Makes sense considering he's a samurai.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I actually wouldn't mind this. As I mentioned earlier, there isn't that many major players in the character speculation race anymore with Shulk arguably being the only one who people aren't just cautiously optimistic about and, as someone who went through (and participated in) the Brawl riots, I prefer as many of them to get shot down before release as possible.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I actually wouldn't mind this. As I mentioned earlier, there isn't that many major players in the character speculation race anymore with Shulk arguably being the only one who people aren't just cautiously optimistic about and, as someone who went through (and participated in) the Brawl riots, I prefer as many of them to get shot down before release as possible.
I agree. Might as well get the disappointment out of the way before the game comes out instead of waiting to find these characters hidden after release and getting disappointed then. At least with finding out first, you can get over it and still enjoy the game for what its other features will give you.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So...

1. Shulk
2. Mewtwo
3. Ridley
4. K. Rool
5. Dixie
6. Krystal
7. Bandana Dee
8. Isaac
9. Takamaru
10. Chrom

It really does feel like we're coming to the end of things. The incoming Direct is likely to knock out at least one of these giants coughhorkhackshulkohmygoditssoobviousatthispointholyhellletsnotkidourselveshackhorkcough and I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of these were disconfirmed leading up to it. Though, looking at this list, I'm kind of surprised that all but two that are remaining are leftovers from the Brawl riots...

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I think dixie and isaac are the last two giants to go, maybe ridley, but i dunno.

Now that this happened, if there's gonna be a retro, it'll be sukapon, no one else. Changed his mind on villager, so he might probably do the same for him.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
So...

1. Shulk
2. Mewtwo
3. Ridley
4. K. Rool
5. Dixie
6. Krystal
7. Bandana Dee
8. Isaac
9. Takamaru
10. Chrom

It really does feel like we're coming to the end of things. The incoming Direct is likely to knock out at least one of these giants coughhorkhackshulkohmygoditssoobviousatthispointholyhellletsnotkidourselveshackhorkcough and I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of these were disconfirmed leading up to it. Though, looking at this list, I'm kind of surprised that all but two that are remaining are leftovers from the Brawl riots...
Brawl Riots? I'm guessing Dixie and Krystal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom