• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Brawl Riots? I'm guessing Dixie and Krystal.
AKA the monumental butthurt that came after Brawl's final roster was leaked a week early. Also, the two I'm referring to are Shulk and Bandana Dee (who technically didn't exist yet). All the others I listed plus Roy, Takamaru, Megaman, Bomberman, and Geno were characters that had huge support groups before the Brawl roster came out. I call them the Brawl Riots because you basically had more than a dozen character fanbases who were genuinely pissed off for a good two months before things finally settled down and people accepted the roster for what it was.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So...

1. Shulk
2. Mewtwo
3. Ridley
4. K. Rool
5. Dixie
6. Krystal
7. Bandana Dee
8. Isaac
9. Takamaru
10. Chrom

It really does feel like we're coming to the end of things. The incoming Direct is likely to knock out at least one of these giants coughhorkhackshulkohmygoditssoobviousatthispointholyhellletsnotkidourselveshackhorkcough and I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of these were disconfirmed leading up to it. Though, looking at this list, I'm kind of surprised that all but two that are remaining are leftovers from the Brawl riots...
Where did you get this order from?

Little_GotenSRK

Smash Cadet
NNID
Little_Goten
3DS FC
1048-9697-8273
You have no idea... the character meltdown that happened after Brawl lasted several months and I imagine the one for this game is going to be fairly bad too. On the upside, there aren't a lot of major characters compared to last time. Shulk, K. Rool, Ridley, and Mewtwo are pretty much all that's left when it comes to major contenders with Krystal, Isaac, Dixie, and Bandana Dee being the only other large and noteworthy fanbases who haven't either outright closed shop or severely lowered their expectations.
But isn't it silly to take it THAT seriously? I mean yeah, it would suck if there were no more newcomers, but it's just a video game. In the end, you shrug and either play it or do something else. o.o

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So...

1. Shulk
2. Mewtwo
3. Ridley
4. K. Rool
5. Dixie
6. Krystal
7. Bandana Dee
8. Isaac
9. Takamaru
10. Chrom

It really does feel like we're coming to the end of things. The incoming Direct is likely to knock out at least one of these giants coughhorkhackshulkohmygoditssoobviousatthispointholyhellletsnotkidourselveshackhorkcough and I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of these were disconfirmed leading up to it. Though, looking at this list, I'm kind of surprised that all but two that are remaining are leftovers from the Brawl riots...
Alright... going through that list...

1. Shulk - Very likely, based on several hints by Sakurai and devs. from Xenoblade. Not to mention that he's a FP character.
2. Mewtwo - Once again, very likely. Most-wanted in Japan, and Sakurai has hinted at him, saying he's a possibility.
3. Ridley - Very likely. The prolonged teasing of Ridley on Pyrosphere leads me to believe that there's more to it than meets the eye.
4. K. Rool - Likely. The DK franchise could get a third rep... and the only one in his way is;
5. Dixie - Likely. The challenger to K. Rool's rule.
6. Krystal - Semi-Likely. If SF is getting a forth rep, it's most likely going to be her.
7. Bandana Dee - Unlikely. IMO, his importance to Kirby is a bit overrated. He might as well be a more recent Gooey.
8. Isaac - Semi-Likely. He, unlike most of his Brawl AT friends, hasn't been seen yet. Importantly, he's a FP character, but he could go down the route of Takamaru.

There you have it. The official MaskO'Gears speculation chart. Feel free to pick it apart to your heart's leisure.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
But isn't it silly to take it THAT seriously? I mean yeah, it would suck if there were no more newcomers, but it's just a video game. In the end, you shrug and either play it or do something else. o.o
You are without a doubt one of the very few people I've ever seen on this forum to have a realistic mindset and a good amount of comment sense and I completely respect you for it.

And you just joined this month? Seriously, we could've used someone like you MUCH sooner. XD

Welcome to the madhouse of insanity that is the Smash Fanbase and their rage-filled riots, by the way. ¦D

Little_GotenSRK

Smash Cadet
NNID
Little_Goten
3DS FC
1048-9697-8273
You are without a doubt one of the very few people I've ever seen on this forum to have a realistic mindset and a good amount of comment sense and I completely respect you for it.

And you just joined this month? Seriously, we could've used someone like you MUCH sooner. XD

Welcome to the madhouse of insanity that is the Smash Fanbase and their rage-filled riots, by the way. ¦D
Thank you.

I had no idea people felt as strongly about Smash competitive play as they do on this forum. Should be an interesting experience. :)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Thank you.

I had no idea people felt as strongly about Smash competitive play as they do on this forum. Should be an interesting experience. :)
Oh make no mistake, the casual and semi-competitive crowds are just as passionate. It's even all around even though no one wants to admit it and agree that they all love the game the same in the end. XD

Anyway, I hope you have a few good headscratching laughs at some of the nonsense you're about to witness from now on. Especially if this actually is Assist Trophy/Character Disconfirmation Week. ¦3

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
List of possible Retro characters:

Lip
Sukapon
Sherif
Urban Champion guy.
Duck Hunt Dog
Lolo/Lala - Adventures of Lolo by HAL Labs.
Excite Biker / Mach Rider
Donkey Kong Jr.

I haven't included Balloon Fighter due to Villager's up special. Conclusion : There really is not too many choices for a GOOD retro character and really I think Duck Hunt Dog or Sherif would be stupid. Sukapon is wierd. Lolo / Lala are small circles with arms but can easily work - no idea what they could do though, or if they are a tag team thingy.The bikers would be hard to make a moveset and it may feel unnatural to have a character in who is driving a bike ALL the time.

So unless I missed some off, Lip seems like the only reasonable retro character worth having I believe. Megaman/ Little Mac could be our only Retro / Retro-ish characters for this game, like Crusher stated.

thoughts?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
So...

1. Shulk
2. Mewtwo
3. Ridley
4. K. Rool
5. Dixie
6. Krystal
7. Bandana Dee
8. Isaac
9. Takamaru
10. Chrom

In other words, things are going to suck here when the final roster is known. Goody.:glare:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Thank you.

Just your standard game geek obsession mixed with a rather competitive mindset that this place was born from produces some.... interesting results at times.

D

Deleted member

As saddening as Takamaru's disconfirmation is (I'm being serious; he was starting to grow on me), I hope this is an eye-opener for the "retro rep" bandwagoners in that the logic behind the concept is just fanwank.

Though they probably haven't learned and shifted the bandwagon towards Mach Rider or some other character that fits their definition of "retro".

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
As saddening as Takamaru's disconfirmation is (I'm being serious; he was starting to grow on me), I hope this is an eye-opener for the "retro rep" bandwagoners in that the logic behind the concept is just fanwank.

Though they probably haven't learned and shifted the bandwagon towards Mach Rider or some other character that fits their definition of "retro".
Little Mac and Megaman are the retro ones for me .

Did not want Takamaru anyway.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie, whenever a character I wanted playable is confirmed an AT, I'm always much more excited to see them as an AT then I am bummed that they aren't playable. I always come into these games knowing that any given character could end up with any given role, so it's never really a big surprise or anything when someone isn't playable, and AT is still a pretty good spot to get. I've been following these games since the pre-release of the 64 game, I know better to put all my eggs in one basket. Which is a good thing, because the characters I want end up as ATs with astounding regularity. :p

Plus, with the way development works, every character I want that doesn't make the cut is one more character other people want who does make the cut, and thinking of it that way that makes me happy! :D

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
In five weeks we're gonna know the full roster

How crazy is that

I'm really only expecting two more newcomers. That'll give us 13 (12 if you don't want to count Lucina) and every one of them has custom movesets. We're already beyond what my expectations were.

Let me rephrase. I bet we have two more trailers. August direct, and launch trailer (either 3DS, or Wii U, even if we already know who it is). There could be some surprise newcomers like ROB, Lucario and Wolf at release.

edit: As much as I have my big wants (Ridley, Mewtwo, Isaac) I have already gotten so much. Megaman, Pacman, Little Mac, Villager, they were among my most wanted. So I'm thrilled! Disappointment must come before the great moment of getting my hands on this game. I must remember it's already shaped up to be fantastic, anything more will be icing+ on the cake.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
In five weeks we're at September 1st, the game doesn't release until September 13th, so unless an early leak happens we're still a little under 7 weeks away from the Japanese release.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
If we're lucky/unlucky, someone may pull a Pokemon XY and leak screenshots and information weeks earlier from the release date.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
In five weeks we're at September 1st, the game doesn't release until September 13th, so unless an early leak happens we're still a little under 7 weeks away from the Japanese release.
Oops, I had September 3rd in my head.

Regardless, the game is going to get into somebody's hands before the public.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Oops, I had September 3rd in my head.

Regardless, the game is going to get into somebody's hands before the public.
Brawl was leaked a week early so I think you're probably onto something here. It's all coming to an end again. Then we build a metagame and ***** about which Smash game is the best for 5 years until it's pseudo announced at E3 2018 and then officially announced a year later at E3 2019 to begin the whole joy-butthurt-jubilation-depression cycle all over again while we wait 1.5 years for the new game.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Brawl was leaked a week early so I think you're probably onto something here. It's all coming to an end again. Then we build a metagame and ***** about which Smash game is the best for 5 years until it's pseudo announced at E3 2018 and then officially announced a year later at E3 2019 to begin the whole joy-butthurt-jubilation-depression cycle all over again while we wait 1.5 years for the new game.
Thus the circle of life continues.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Thus the circle of life continues.
"in the end it has to be this way" or "ya this is what nature planned" or "red sun over paradise" you can use any of these music quotes from mgr to describe this situation

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
"in the end it has to be this way" or "ya this is what nature planned" or "red sun over paradise" you can use any of these music quotes from mgr to describe this situation
I was thinking of more Disney's The Lion King...

you know the one.

Last edited:

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Late to the party here, looks like I missed quite the commotion.

Takamaru being an assist trophy? No surprise to me. He seemed cool enough to be an AT and I already figured his classic status would never outweigh him being a generic sword character, especially with all the classics like Megaman, Pacman and Little Mac already added. He looks very cool though, great addition to the AT's.

I'm kinda wishing the would just confirm or deconfirm my wanted characters, I'd rather be let down now than be disappointed around launch. My hopes are already pretty low for Isaac and Mewtwo, but being kept in the dark like this just keeps me in this annoying 'what if' mindset.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Alright... going through that list...

1. Shulk - Very likely, based on several hints by Sakurai and devs. from Xenoblade. Not to mention that he's a FP character.
2. Mewtwo - Once again, very likely. Most-wanted in Japan, and Sakurai has hinted at him, saying he's a possibility.
3. Ridley - Very likely. The prolonged teasing of Ridley on Pyrosphere leads me to believe that there's more to it than meets the eye.
4. K. Rool - Likely. The DK franchise could get a third rep... and the only one in his way is;
5. Dixie - Likely. The challenger to K. Rool's rule.
6. Krystal - Semi-Likely. If SF is getting a forth rep, it's most likely going to be her.
7. Bandana Dee - Unlikely. IMO, his importance to Kirby is a bit overrated. He might as well be a more recent Gooey.
8. Isaac - Semi-Likely. He, unlike most of his Brawl AT friends, hasn't been seen yet. Importantly, he's a FP character, but he could go down the route of Takamaru.

There you have it. The official MaskO'Gears speculation chart. Feel free to pick it apart to your heart's leisure.
FP character? What is that and why does it help?

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I think he meant FP as in ''first party character''.
Ah, well, I think Shulk and Isaac are actually both 2nd Party (Isaac is for sure). But those distinctions are confusing and meaningless. But thanks.

Soul.

7 weeks left? Wow, time sure flies. I think we're probably getting a disconfirmation or a 3DS PotD.
When the 3DS version is released on Japan and as soon as we finally know the full roster, there's a chance that this song will play. The song that will mark the end of speculation, and the beginning of a new competitive scene.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Motolith Soft is First Party.

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Monolith_Soft

Camelot made Golden Sun and Mario tennis... and to the best of my knowledge, makes games exclusively for Nintendo platforms.
Camelot does publish exclusively for Nintendo, however, it is a second party. As are GameFreak, Intelligent Systems and Hal Laboratories (web that existed). However, the second party distinction is honestly confusing and pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom