• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
Imma cry if its Chrom. I dont hate the guy but.....i want something a little...you know...original than another fire emblem swordsman. Well i mean unless Sakurai really makes him different from marth. Guess we'll just have to see.

And i thought the pic of the day was nice. Cant say it wasn't anything new cause we weren't sure if that was some summon move or a taunt.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
Wait, what?... a new challenger on Monday?

Damn, now I'll be hyped all the weekend.

RogersBase

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RogersBase
3DS FC
1848-1722-4915
After Sakurai's Miiverse post today and the Xeno-series director RT'ing the news, I have very little doubt that Shulk is coming on Monday:

D

Deleted member

If its Chorus Men, Ill be one of the few people eating everyone else's salt. Not by itself, mind you, thats a health hazard
I'm gonna use it to compliment my popcorn.
Now the only question is where am I gonna get the butter?

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I would say that the way he phrases it, nearly confirms that.

Otherwise, he would have said "the stash of new characters".
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I think the secret ones may have videos in game but we won't see those till we own the game.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I think the secret ones may have videos in game but we won't see those till we own the game.
Yeah. So this is actually very good news, because we'll get at least two new characters before launch (on Monday, and during the August direct). Which would leave only one Gematsu newcomer as a secret character, and I'm sure there will be more secret newcomers than that.

Last edited:

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Looked at my schedule... I don't work on Monday...

The pieces are in place. My body is ready for the Krystal reveal. Screw Shulk you can reveal him next month.:awesome:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Can't wait till we get Monday pic of the day asking people to watch the character reveal video later that day and people absolutely over-analyze the hell out of it.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Woah, looooong day. Anyway, better late than never.
WOOOAAAHHH!! New challenger Monday!? No wonder there wasn't a veteran! Who could it be? Shulk, Ridley, Chrom or Robin? I...assume this is the last video we see until release? Or they may have a CGI launch trailer, but anyway, I expect this trailer to show off a newcomer, re-done veteran, and epic poses and atmosphere dedicated to Smash Bros. Glory. Maybe it ends in a still shot of Mario, Sonic, Megaman, and Pac-Man about to punch each other and zooms out to show Link and Samus fighting while Donkey Kong attacked by Pikmin grabs Olimar and so on all to a remix of... Multi man Melee 1?
My hopes are gettin a lil too high again.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
More than likely the PotD will be after the reveal
The reveal is about 7 hours after we normally get Monday's pick of the day. Unless they cancel the normal pic of the day so that the reveal will be only pic of the day, which they sometimes do and sometimes don't.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Ugh, another long weekend... it feels like the Smash Direct all over again.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
can you even imaging how big the hype will be

if the pre trailer potd turns out to have samus/samus and Pikachu/pyroshphere stage picture/the return of the shadow.

if that happens smash boards is so going to crash big time.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I should put out my predictions for the next pic. I say it will be A.) Xenoblade stage or B.) Ninja Castle stage. To hint at the reveal of Shulk/Takamaru.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
can you even imaging how big the hype will be

if the pre trailer potd turns out to have samus/samus and Pikachu/pyroshphere stage picture/the return of the shadow.

if that happens smash boards is so going to crash big time.
That would be a dis confirmation for Ridley cuz knowing Sakurai and his trolling ways, there is NO WAY he'd hint it like that. If he did that, he'd do it only to make people think it would be something its not.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Yea I'm not understanding why people think 3 minutes is an extra long time for a newcomer trailer...when all the other newcomer trailers have been around that mark. :ohwell:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well, Palutena's trailer was 3 minutes long (3:01 to be exact).
Thank you for correcting me on that part.

Yea I'm not understanding why people think 3 minutes is an extra long time for a newcomer trailer...when all the other newcomer trailers have been around that mark. :ohwell:
I'll tell you why, people like me with bad timekeeping skills.

ZanZero

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad that at Job Corps there is no internet, so I get all of the updates from the week at once when I head home...
This week wasn't too bad I suppose... I mean, we did get 'Murica Mario, Stormtrooper Samus, and some sort of future character reveal this monday.
Better than most weeks.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Okay, I'll ask this now since a number of people expect this/these character(s) to be shown: Who or what the heck is Chorus Men? I tried googling 'Chorus Men Rhythm Heaven' or something like that and there wasn't even a Wikipedia page about it. Are they retro or a new IP? Are they made by Nintendo or a second or third party company and why do a number of people think they have a chance of being in Smash?

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
the highest chance of a vert being in a newcomer trailer is probably wario in the chorus men. But being as its most likely shulk we could get Metaknight in a sword fight trailer!!!

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I still can't wait for the Potd on Monday. I'll be hyped all this weekend.

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Okay, I'll ask this now since a number of people expect this/these character(s) to be shown: Who or what the heck is Chorus Men? I tried googling 'Chorus Men Rhythm Heaven' or something like that and there wasn't even a Wikipedia page about it. Are they retro or a new IP? Are they made by Nintendo or a second or third party company and why do a number of people think they have a chance of being in Smash?
http://rhythmheaven.wikia.com/wiki/The_Chorus_Kids

Try googling 'Rhythm Heaven Chorus Kids', you'll get better results then.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Attention...would you all like...
1. Wolf cut for Krystal, Falco Returns.
2. Falco Cut for Krystal, Wolf Returns
3. 4 Star Fox Reps.
--------------------------------------------------------------
4. 6 Mario Reps
5. 6 Zelda reps
6. 4 FE reps
Orr
7. 4 Kid Icarus reps
?
Even counting the PotD (which wouldn't include vets anyway), this isn't really the thread for character/series representation talk.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm kinda wondering if the Pic for Monday will include some actual info or just a plug for the newcomer video later on that day. Actually, it could be a cool tease pic maybe from the series of the newcomer to be announced.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm kinda wondering if the Pic for Monday will include some actual info or just a plug for the newcomer video later on that day. Actually, it could be a cool tease pic maybe from the series of the newcomer to be announced.
I kind of hope the pic is unrelated. I feel any teasing in it will just ruin the hype

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I kind of hope the pic is unrelated. I feel any teasing in it will just ruin the hype
That's true. Best case scenario for a tease would be a pic with a whole lot going on in it and just one of the elements hinting at the actual newcomer. But if it was something as obvious as the beginning of the Palutena trailer, it would kill some of the excitement.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I should put out my predictions for the next pic. I say it will be A.) Xenoblade stage or B.) Ninja Castle stage. To hint at the reveal of Shulk/Takamaru.
Yep that will lock shulk for monday if thats the pre picture before the trailer (and believe me i do believe shulk is most likely at this point for monday.)

And a pyrosphere pic with samus and a very special quote will likely prove ridleys the one being shown on monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom