• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Filler pic with a reminder of the announcement trailer, then a pic of our newest fighter after the trailer.

Simple as that.

Or maybe not.

DANGIT SAKURAI, STOP BEING SO UNPREDICTABLE. D<

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Filler pic with a reminder of the announcement trailer, then a pic of our newest fighter after the trailer.

Simple as that.

Or maybe not.

DANGIT SAKURAI, STOP BEING SO UNPREDICTABLE. D<
"Oh look, Luigi's nose is lying down. This doesn't have anything to to with the event later today, but I felt like leaving it here."
Then watch as Luigi's nose is confirmed to be a fighter.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I do wonder what Monday's Pic of the Day will be. The caption will most likely be about that day's reveal, though. ^^

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I dunno, as a gay man, i hope its Chrom. I really like the fire emblem characters.

As a wario fan, I hope its the Chorus Men caus ehell be in the trailer for sure.

But I think Shulk will happen cause I dunno how many people noticed the Xenoblades producer retweet sakurai. interesting...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I do wonder what Monday's Pic of the Day will be. The caption will most likely be about that day's reveal, though. ^^
"Here's the Pyrosphere! Nothing to see here.... tune in latter today for a new character that has nothing to do with this stage!"

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Okay, I'll ask this now since a number of people expect this/these character(s) to be shown: Who or what the heck is Chorus Men? I tried googling 'Chorus Men Rhythm Heaven' or something like that and there wasn't even a Wikipedia page about it. Are they retro or a new IP? Are they made by Nintendo or a second or third party company and why do a number of people think they have a chance of being in Smash?

Here we are, 3 singing men, as conducted by one conductor. They are part of a minigame where you must time when your chorus man sings.
Recolors for fun

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
One thought could be that if Ridley gets revealed, there would be two screenshots, with the first one showcasing the playable Ridley (the Super Metroid incarnation), while the second shows the Other M Ridley being the stage hazard for Pyrosphere.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Ah, after finding out Monolith Soft (spelled right...?) retweeted the announcement I'm expecting Shulk. I still don't believe Gematsu though. All the E3 newcomers were obvious, "Pokemon from X/Y" is too vague and obvious, no mention of Rosalina, and a bunch of other safe guesses. Shulk being one! His game did awesome, was begged for internationally, and Sakurai is a fan too! I don't know much about him so his video Monday should teach me a thing or two.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Ah, after finding out Monolith Soft (spelled right...?) retweeted the announcement I'm expecting Shulk. I still don't believe Gematsu though. All the E3 newcomers were obvious, "Pokemon from X/Y" is too vague and obvious, no mention of Rosalina, and a bunch of other safe guesses. Shulk being one! His game did awesome, was begged for internationally, and Sakurai is a fan too! I don't know much about him so his video Monday should teach me a thing or two.
no no its not there are people who either dont know, dont want, or dont think shulk will get in its only obvious because you think it should be

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
no no its not there are people who either dont know, dont want, or dont think shulk will get in its only obvious because you think it should be
There were also people who didn't know, think or didn't want :4megaman: to get in.
The fact that I'm using his face as an emoticon here should tell you something.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
People like feeling like they were right. Whether the leak is true or not is futile point, it's just close enough to our current situation that people are accepting it because it's less likely to prove them wrong until it's made apparent. Though it has not been perfect it's been the closet leak/rumour that seems to match the reality, it makes it easier to cling to.

Whether it is correct I no longer care. Sort of what happened to me with the Palutena leak, after she was revealed there was still those that wondered if the leak was still real, which at that point I didn't see the point. I just want to see the characters in the game, whether the leak is right in the end is meaningless, it's more or less just provided something for us to take about during these dry periods.

If Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men are really the last three newcomers, I'd not be bothered by the fact really.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I just don't know why the Monolith staff would even know when Shulk is being revealed.
And if they did, why they would be allowed to make it obvious by retweeting the reveal.

Last edited:

JForseti

Smash Journeyman
The developer of Xenoblade retweeted Sakurai's announcement of a character reveal. Prior to this, theyve never retweeted anything Smash related.
They actually did retweet some Sakurai announcements, from what I recall something regarding Nintendo Directs, so that doesn't have to mean anything in particular. I still believe in THIS case they're retweeting for a potential Shulk reveal.

@ Hippopotasauce Hippopotasauce why would they not know? It's their creation, I'm pretty sure they have some knowledge in it. I know Gamefreaks have a BIG influence in Pokémon related things in Smash.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
They actually did retweet some Sakurai announcements, from what I recall something regarding Nintendo Directs, so that doesn't have to mean anything in particular. I still believe in THIS case they're retweeting for a potential Shulk reveal.

@ Hippopotasauce Hippopotasauce why would they not know? It's their creation, I'm pretty sure they have some knowledge in it. I know Gamefreaks have a BIG influence in Pokémon related things in Smash.
I'm pretty sure they would know if Shulk was in the game, but why would they know when he was going to be revealed?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure they would know if Shulk was in the game, but why would they know when he was going to be revealed?
Probably because they want to know when to keep their lips sealed and when they can talk about it! Sega probably wanted to talk about Sonic's return, but kept silent even when questioned about it before release (I recall some video where someone was asking about Sonic in Smash4 to a Sega Rep at a Lost World Demo, I can try to find it if anyones curious) but finally on Oct. 1 when Sonic was revealed they could all freely talk about it and even posted a special pic of Sonic and Mario about to kick each other in Smash4.
So y'know. This is probably a really long weekend for excited employees at Monolith Soft too!

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Shulk is definitely seeming to be the most likely at this point. I've watched one of my friends play his game a bit, but I've never personally played it. Hopefully his trailer will help sell me on him as a character (and maybe even go back and pick up the game).

Can it be Monday already?

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Because they probably helped make the reveal video, and they want to make sure people see it.

Next Level retweeted the Direct that revealed Little Mac.
Monolith always retweets Directs that end up having Xenoblade Chronicles X in them.
Nothing new.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
It seems that everyone is on the Shulk bandwagon. I know he's very likely, but I don't like when things are that predictable. Hopeful it'll be a non-getmatsu leak character.

kylexv

Smash Master
Okay...Little Mac and Peach?

Plus, I think that is a reallllllly huge shot in the dark. Like, I dont think thats accurate information.
Peach is making a rainbow.
Captain Rainbow is themed after rainbows
Little Mac is in Captain Rainbow
Little Mac confirmed

#Logic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom