• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Looks like a 'break the boxes' kind of minigame as replacement for the coin launcher. Good they thought up something more interesting that actually involves smash gameplay, I'm sure it will be fun.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Clearly I was the only one who derived any enjoyment out of coin launcher. :dizzy: Guess I'm just a sucker for shmups, even barebone ones. I do like that they're incorporating actual gameplay into the trophy collector this time though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Clearly I was the only one who derived any enjoyment out of coin launcher. :dizzy: Guess I'm just a sucker for shmups, even barebone ones. I do like that they're incorporating actual gameplay into the trophy collector this time though.
Might've been better if you could get Trophies(especially new ones) at a halfway decent rate in it. All-Star Mode is about the only decent way to get a Trophy(and lucky if you're new). Stickers are everywhere instead.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I'm in the very small camp that liked the coin launcher. I'm actually always a fan of mini-games that have nothing to do with the typical gameplay of the game.

Speaking of which, what I wouldn't give for Smash bros. to have a varied assortment of character based mini-games along the lines of the ones in the Pokémon Stadium games.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
The coin launcher was cool but tiresome.

I'm permanently, for the rest of my life, bitter that the last two stickers never manifested, no matter what method I used to earn them. I will always, always hate life because of this.

QJD1381

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai getting more and more blatant with his trolling. What's the next logical step?

"Pic of the day. Here's a fan favorite, the gargantuan Ridley! He is a ...part of this game, to be revealed at a later date!"

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Well. its about 3 to 4 more months of stuff that was in the digital event. hype?

*cues the guy that says "You know you should be grateful that he even does pics and they won't always be things we already know" or something like that.

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Sakurai getting more and more blatant with his trolling. What's the next logical step?

"Pic of the day. Here's a fan favorite, the gargantuan Ridley! He is a ...part of this game, to be revealed at a later date!"

Thank. You. Sakurai.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Well. its about 3 to 4 more months of stuff that was in the digital event. hype?

*cues the guy that says "You know you should be grateful that he even does pics and they won't always be things we already know" or something like that.
You know you should be grateful that he even does pics. Like, gosh.

Jokes aside, I am hoping for SOMETHING. Anything new.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Why so Swift, son?

Why. So. Swift?

"Pic of the day. Pac-Man's standard special move, Bonus Fruit. As you charge this move, the bonuses will change, and all of them have different characteristics and movement patterns when thrown. The bonuses cycle in the same order as in the original game, and the charge-up period doubles once you cycle beyond the orange."

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Hopefully we're told something about what this move does because the direct made it look like it just puts something in his hand and then it disappears, which is very underwhelming.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
"Pac-Man's standard special move, Bonus Fruit. As you charge this move, the bonuses will change, and all of them have different characteristics and movement patterns when thrown. The bonuses cycle in the same order as in the original game, and the charge-up period doubles once you cycle beyond the orange."

No :4greninja: please

Last edited:

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Pac-Man is pretty OP, so they gave him a Special that's just for show to balance things out.

He... He could just ignore that Special then. He would be just as OP.

Sakurai knows how ta' balance his game.

Edit: Ahhh, I had a feeling it would work like that. Kinda like Teddie's item special in Persona 4 Arena. Neato.

Last edited:

Mamp

Smash Apprentice
I think its going to be some more details about either Pac-man or Palutena, specifically their movesets.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Cool Pac Man picture.

But it would be better if it was Wario, Meta Knight, or Ice Climbers.

Come on Sakurai reveal them already. They're not even secret characters or unlockables.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Cool Pac Man picture.

But it would be better if it was Wario, Meta Knight, or Ice Climbers.

Come on Sakurai reveal them already. They're not even secret characters or unlockables.
MetaKnight could be this time.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I wonder if you can hold the charge; that would basically make it into Samus's Charge Shot except with unique behavior at each charge level. I also wonder if these fruits are normal items like turnips that you can juggle and such. If they're just non-item projectiles and you can't hold the charge, this is going to be a really marginal move. Either other model (or even both together!) could make this very interesting.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
They shouldn't be a slave to canon. I say they expand the range of fruits Pac can summon.

Papayas, mangoes, star fruits, dragon fruits, ugli fruits, coconuts, pomegranates, gooseberries, elderberries, cantaloupes, durians, plantains, and tomatoes.

QJD1381

Smash Apprentice
They shouldn't be a slave to canon. I say they expand the range of fruits Pac can summon.

Papayas, mangoes, star fruits, dragon fruits, ugli fruits, coconuts, pomegranates, gooseberries, elderberries, cantaloupes, durians, plantains, and tomatoes.
I'll never get used to tomatoes being fruit...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
For those confused how this move might work, here's my prediction, basing on what I researched:

I went to StrategyWiki's page for Pac-Man after reading Sakurai mentioning the move having a cycle- basing on the name of the special move, Bonus Fruit might spawn these items in order, if the wiki's correct:

Once again Sakurai, along with Namdai presumably, did their research and translated the mechanics behind the bonus fruits to this move as a gimmick: what I think Sakurai meant by charge "doubling" after orange is the fruits staying much shorter time. much like what Weeginji said at the Pac-Man-board.
This comes from the Bonus Fruits after Orange becoming harder to get due having shorter time in the original Pac-Man (depending on intermissions), but provide higher points, which likely means that the items/fruits after orange are more powerful or have their own interesting attributes. Look it here.

Basing on this, I think the bonus items might be these from original Pac-Man by default, which means the parts where Pac spawns random "Namco Arcade Classics" is one of those custom versions for special moves.

I wonder what the 3rd version is... could it perhaps spawn modern Namco-characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom