• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Honestly, I know this is going to get me a lot of flak, but I kinda... don't... want Yoshi to be revealed, if only because I want to see some characters that, frankly, we have 0 idea when they'll be revealed or if they're even in the game at all. Falco, Wolf, Lucas, Ike, Sheik, R.O.B., Jigglypuff, etc.

Yoshi is just soo painfully obvious that it hurts, and I don't doubt that if we get a 2nd vet this month, we've been getting 2 characters per month for awhile now, it'll be the OTHER painfully obvious character, Wario, who should have been shown shortly after the Ashley AT tbh.

I wish we had more reveals like Marth and Lucario's that are completely out of left field. I'm tired of reveals being tied to games and I'll be glad when Yoshi is shown so we can finally be in suspense about who we're getting next.
We just need to get him out of the way. We're going to be saying stuff like this every coming month too, and it'll only get worse and worse the closer we get to release, might aswell get it over with now. I felt the same way about Little Mac honestly, until I saw his trailer that is which completely swiped me off the floor. I'm not expecting Yoshi to have anything that can swipe me off the floor though, heck, anyone with a brain can pretty much figure out how he looks already.

How many pain-stakingly obvious reveals do we even have left? Yoshi, Ness, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Sheik, Falco, Ganondorf, G&W, Wario, Meta Knight, ZSS and R.O.B are the only ones I think? There are some doubters concerning Jigglypuff and Pokémon Trainer, but I think they fit in there too. Even then none of these are half as boring as Yoshi, and don't get me wrong I like Yoshi, but it's just going to be a boring reveal. I'd like to see someone like Ike or Snake to get a random reveal, that'd be great.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I feel like I'm the only one happy to be expecting Yoshi though out of the 4 games (64, Melee, Brawl, P:M) I only use him in Brawl I'm still happy that there is a high chance that he will be revealed this month. Once he is revealed we will have the original 8. I guess I just have a soft spot for him :p

As for Wario, I see where the guesses for his reveal are coming from (Mario Party, Mario Kart and anniversaries) but they don't seem as likely. If I recall correctly, the only anniversary to have a character reveal was the Brawl one and maybe a Fire Emblem one for Marth? As for Mario Party/Kart, sure Wario is in those games but he's not the main character of either (not that there is any except maybe Mario) and it's not one of his games. That's just my thinking though and if he is revealed on one of those dates then hurray I guess. I won't be happy for his return but others will.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Honestly, I know this is going to get me a lot of flak, but I kinda... don't... want Yoshi to be revealed, if only because I want to see some characters that, frankly, we have 0 idea when they'll be revealed or if they're even in the game at all. Falco, Wolf, Lucas, Ike, Sheik, R.O.B., Jigglypuff, etc.

Yoshi is just soo painfully obvious that it hurts, and I don't doubt that if we get a 2nd vet this month, we've been getting 2 characters per month for awhile now, it'll be the OTHER painfully obvious character, Wario, who should have been shown shortly after the Ashley AT tbh.

I wish we had more reveals like Marth and Lucario's that are completely out of left field. I'm tired of reveals being tied to games and I'll be glad when Yoshi is shown so we can finally be in suspense about who we're getting next.
I agree with this. For whatever reason, Yoshi is one of the few characters that I genuinely don't care about. It's probably because of how painfully underwhelming he was in Melee and Brawl. I'd honestly prefer it if they revealed a Pokemon character tomorrow for Pokemon Battle Trozei but we'll probably wind up with a pokeball pokemon instead and Yoshi will be shown on Friday (unless a Direct happens).

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Gosh Sakurai can we finally see some more gameplay footage for the 3DS version please? I want to see all these newly revealed stages in action (Tortimer Island, Lumiose City, Rainbow Road etc), as well as the ones we received new information from (Spirit Train, Gerudo Valley etc). :/

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah E3 and the developer direct was the first and last time we saw 3DS footage. It's been a long while since we last seen some gameplay footage for this version. Hopefully they will show some more gameplay footage for this version again soon. :/

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Yup, that was basically it.

I just want to rejoice in the fact that, one, this isn't a stadium stage (hallelujah), and two, it appears that stages are actually from relevant games this time around.

In brawl, I know I wasn't the only one disappointed to find that most stages were from games that were released far before brawl actually was. It's nice to see a stage from a game just a year before this will come out, not to mention others like the Kid Icarus Uprising and Tortimer Island stages. Hopefully it's continued with a DKC tropical freeze stage and a Super Mario 3D World stage (hopefully Histocrats stage just for the music :])

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Until we get a more general trailer I don't see much in the way of 3DS footage, as for character trailers the Wii U version just makes for the better looking trailer.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yeah E3 and the developer direct was the first and last time we saw 3DS footage. It's been a long while since we last seen some gameplay footage for this version. Hopefully they will show some more gameplay footage for this version again soon. :/
Honestly, the only time we'll even catch a glimpse of 3DS gameplay will be at E3.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I understand the whole "Each version has its own unique stages!" and that this wouldn't work the other way around, but it's times like this I wish the Wii U version would be able to play the 3DS stages. This would look awesome in HD.

Dairz

Smash Ace
The one time I forget about the PoTD and it's freakin' Lumioise City. And on the flip-side, I stay up until 1 AM to be rewarded with things like King Dedede's Jet Hammer...again..

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I agree with this. For whatever reason, Yoshi is one of the few characters that I genuinely don't care about. It's probably because of how painfully underwhelming he was in Melee and Brawl. I'd honestly prefer it if they revealed a Pokemon character tomorrow for Pokemon Battle Trozei but we'll probably wind up with a pokeball pokemon instead and Yoshi will be shown on Friday (unless a Direct happens).
Only thing I want to see from Yoshi is whether or not his eggs change colors to reflect the palette. Nothing irritates me more than playing as a different colored Yoshi that is shooting green eggs. Bugs me to no end.

I'd rather see PKMN Trainer tomorrow so we can dismiss 80% of the rumors in the leak thread.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Regardless if the Wii U version is prettier to look at and whatnot, would it really hurt him to show at least a few seconds of the 3DS version in those trailers every once in a while? Ah well I guess that's a discussion for another thread. Hopefully we get to see at least a bit more of that version at E3...

Anyway, about Lumiose City itself, it's looking pretty great. Why do I have the feeling this stage was revealed because a pokemon veteran would be revealed soon and have a screenshot or two showcased on that stage..... Ah well.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Only thing I want to see from Yoshi is whether or not his eggs change colors to reflect the palette. Nothing irritates me more than playing as a different colored Yoshi that is shooting green eggs. Bugs me to no end.
I really doubt that will happen, even in Yoshi's Island (the most important Yoshi game) all the eggs are green.
Sakurai would have to make a different projectile for every Yoshi and that's pretty unnecessary, every Yoshi throws the same egg, it is not like the shield because every Yoshi has a different shield.
That's why in Project M all the eggs are green, but not the shields.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Anyway, about Lumiose City itself, it's looking pretty great. Why do I have the feeling this stage was revealed because a pokemon veteran would be revealed soon and have a screenshot or two showcased on that stage..... Ah well.
It does seem random to get a brand new Pokemon stage without it leading up to anything, but then again we've gotten plenty of random stages. I guess I just wouldn't be surprised is what I'm saying.

If a Direct is announced any time soon... International or not, I'll allow myself to get a bit excited.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think the battle will take place on the Prism tower, as well as on the 5 lit up area's below it which seem to be represented with a different coloured statue of some sort each. Perhaps the stage would kinda be a mix between Delfino Plaza/Skyloft and the Pokemon Stadium stages.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I think the battle will take place on the Prism tower, as well as on the 5 lit up area's below it which seem to be represented with a different coloured statue of some sort each. Perhaps the stage would kinda be a mix between Delfino Plaza/Skyloft and the Pokemon Stadium stages.
I hope so.
There's tons of neat places that could work.

And honestly, I'm glad he used Luminose, it's one of the few things I remember from X/Y.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah Lumiose City was a pretty memorable place in X and Y as it's an area you commonly revisit in the game, especially at the end with the whole Looker case.

Actually by looking into the game itself again, those statue's were always at a different colour, for some reason I remembered them being all at the same colour... Ah well, perhaps something will happen in those area's if the battle does take you there, wether the scenery changes like the Pokemon stadium stages or perhaps something totally different, like perhaps a pokemon battle going on with some trainers or something?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yeah Lumiose City was a pretty memorable place in X and Y as it's an area you commonly revisit in the game, especially at the end with the whole Looker case.
Oi.
I wasn't much of a fan of that sidequest.

Actually by looking into the game itself again, those statue's were always at a different colour, for some reason I remembered them being all at the same colour... Ah well, perhaps something will happen in those area's if the battle does take you there, wether the scenery changes like the Pokemon stadium stages or perhaps something totally different, like perhaps a pokemon battle going on with some trainers or something?
I'd probably assume a battle, maybe with people walking by.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473

I'd rather see PKMN Trainer tomorrow so we can dismiss 80% of the rumors in the leak thread.
I just want my Brawl main back :crying:
Seriously though, I think we'll get a Pokeball Pokemon. Or at most a new Pokemon stage for Wii U. . .
PotD, "Today is the release of Pokemon Battle Trozei in Japan, so here's a picture of me playing it. I hope you look forward to its release."

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
I just want my Brawl main back :crying:
Seriously though, I think we'll get a Pokeball Pokemon. Or at most a new Pokemon stage for Wii U. . .
PotD, "Today is the release of Pokemon Battle Trozei in Japan, so here's a picture of me playing it. I hope you look forward to its release."
Well, yeah, I would be surprised if they actually showed Jigglypuff or PKMN Trainer or something tomorrow, so I'm guessing a Pokéball Pokémon too... even though we did get Dedenne not so long ago and a Pokémon stage today. Maybe a bit more info on Xerneas, or show us Yveltal.. or maybe Diancie if Sakurai is really up-to-date with the Pokémon he includes in the game.

...or then we'll get nothing Pokémon-related and Battle Trozei is just completely ignored.

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
Hoping for Jigglypuff tomorrow to correspond with Battle Trozei's release - would be a reasonable time to reveal him/her, imo. I don't expect a newcomer this month and PKMN Trainer might be getting an overhaul from Brawl.

A new Pokéball assist or a Wii U Stage would be great, too.

Either way, I'll be looking forward to playing Trozei on the 13th so I don't mind too much!

Shroob

Sup?
I honestly feel like Jigglypuff will continue to remain a hidden character. She's got a perfect track record of being hidden in all 3 games so far.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm starting to think that a Pokemon vet is fairly likely, but idk. Trozei still seems like a weird title to do that with.

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
The likelihood of a Pokémon reveal tomorrow really depends on whether or not we expect Yoshi to be revealed for the Japanese release of Yoshi's New Island - isn't it a little later in the year?

A lot of people are expecting Yoshi on Friday because Diddy Kong was revealed for a US release date, but the scale still favours Japanese releases. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

--

Also, are there any releases later in the year that would warrant a Pokémon related reveal or is Trozei all we know of?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
MAAAYYYYYYBE :3

but still, they haven't officially acknowledged the mega lati's. it doesn't mean volcanion can't be a stage hazard; sakurai has gotten inside info before (cough cough roy cough)
Perhaps, but he never even acknowledged Arceus at all (not even as a trophy cameo), and this was before it was officially revealed one year later. Darkrai did get a trophy cameo though.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
The likelihood of a Pokémon reveal tomorrow really depends on whether or not we expect Yoshi to be revealed for the Japanese release of Yoshi's New Island - isn't it a little later in the year?

A lot of people are expecting Yoshi on Friday because Diddy Kong was revealed for a US release date, but the scale still favours Japanese releases. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

--

Also, are there any releases later in the year that would warrant a Pokémon related reveal or is Trozei all we know of?
Well I still personally haven't bought into Yoshi being revealed on the NA date. Diddy seems to me a special circumstance given the direct.

As far as Pokemon goes, who knows? Z could be on the way.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
I think that this is the best-looking (graphic-wise) 3DS stage we've seen yet. Maybe because it's so far zoomed, I don't know. I honestly though it was a Wii U stage at first before I saw the red outline, and remembered that Lumiose City was in X and Y.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I think that this is the best-looking (graphic-wise) 3DS stage we've seen yet. Maybe because it's so far zoomed, I don't know. I honestly though it was a Wii U stage at first before I saw the red outline, and remembered that Lumiose City was in X and Y.
Same actually. Maybe it's owing to it having been so late, but still.

juddy96

Smash Lord
Well, yeah, I would be surprised if they actually showed Jigglypuff or PKMN Trainer or something tomorrow, so I'm guessing a Pokéball Pokémon too... even though we did get Dedenne not so long ago and a Pokémon stage today. Maybe a bit more info on Xerneas, or show us Yveltal.. or maybe Diancie if Sakurai is really up-to-date with the Pokémon he includes in the game.

...or then we'll get nothing Pokémon-related and Battle Trozei is just completely ignored.
Dedenne is Bonnie's pokemon (in anime), Bonnie is Clemont's sister, Clemont is the gym leader of... Lumiose City. That sneaky Sakurai.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom