• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Considering Smash has always had trophies of random nature throughout the last two games, I wouldn't overread this anymore then necessary. Then again it wouldn't be a PoTD around here with some broad assumption being made.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Nice little nod to Captain Rainbow today. Nice to see character interpretations from other games be represented like this. One thing though, will this be listed as a Punch-Out!! trophy or a miscellanous Nintendo trophy? Also, looks like the first time a plaid pattern is a trophy background.

Big Mac confirmed for alt costume? :troll:
Which big mac tho?

-Image Removed- This?

Or

-Image Removed- This one?

Moderator Edit: Please do not post off-topic images here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Taking a wild guess.... you think we're weird, don't you?
Which fanbase?

I agree I would prefer as a assist trophy I'm hoping not playable it might be R.O.B in brawl all over again (when reveal the people were like WTF and didden't like it but then a little bit later he gets liked)
I think Wii Fit Trainer already did that and then some...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Today's reveal was quite big and fat for speculation, no?

In anycase, I'm quite happily surprised by Captain Rainbow getting some love, even if it's just related to this game's one of the newcomers.

Not to mention that now Takamaru and Lip has more chance to be shown around. Perhaps Takamaru even moreso.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
My exact reaction to today's post: -Image Removed-

Moderator Edit: Please do not post off-topic images here.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Guys, Master Chief should be in Smash Bros.
Just look at that page number :troll:

Edit: oh, right this is the Miiverse Daily Pic Thread.
. . .
Captain Rainbow is a pretty cool guy.
. . .
Fattie Mac is too.

Last edited:

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
A trophy from Captain Rainbow, although this gets my hype up for characters like Captain Rainbow and Takamaru possibly appearing in some way, ya gotta remember that there were trophies and stickers for games like Chibi Robo that didnt get any representation other than trophies and stickers. Actually, since Brawl, Chibi Robo has built up a bigger rep for himself with being mentioned in smash and with the release of two DS games and, more recently, that gimicky eshop title where you use the 3DS camera to scan objects in real life.

ARGH, Double post.

Anyway, what other games have been referenced by Captain Rainbow?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Another thing to note: Today marks the first time we've seen the background of the SSB4 trophy gallery. In my opinion its an improvement over Brawl's. The relaxing colors and pattern are rather nice!

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Panel De Pon. So Lip could get in as well. Also Birdo and The Devil. Remember that assist trophy? The one that sucked? Yea...
>implying that assist wasn't hilarious and wouldn't translate into a great Final Smash...
>lel finger point

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Great, now everyone's going to pretend like they've been supporting Captain Rainbow since the beginning, and if you say anything negative, they're going to act like his games (1 game I guess actually) are a great legacy. lol

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Tomorrow is the 3rd year anniversary of the Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami. I wonder if that will in anyway affect the PotD or Miiverse. I doubt it but something important to note.

Tomorrow is my 9th graders graduation into high school as well. Sadly, 3 years from tomorrow, thousands happy graduates in the Tohoku region of Japan perished shortly after the ceremonies due to the tsunami. It's a sad yet hopeful day though with students geaduating and memorials/ceremonies dedicated to the victims and survivors.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Tomorrow is the 3rd year anniversary of the Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami. I wonder if that will in anyway affect the PotD or Miiverse. I doubt it but something important to note.

Tomorrow is my 9th graders graduation into high school as well. Sadly, 3 years from tomorrow, thousands happy graduates in the Tohoku region of Japan perished shortly after the ceremonies due to the tsunami. It's a sad yet hopeful day though with students geaduating and memorials/ceremonies dedicated to the victims and survivors.
That's heartbreaking, Venus.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Maybe he won't be revealed, but Yoshi is the 90% chance of being revealed this week. Never forget that possible surprise reveal.
Surprise Nintendo Direct announced for Friday
Takamaru reveal
???
Profit

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
That trophy background is silly, but it's so fitting with with Big Mac.

Will that count as a Captain Rainbow or a Punch Out!! trophy? you know, since Captain Rainbow is a game but it's a crossover and Mac is from another game. Possibly Captain Rainbow since this appearance of Mac is exclusive to that game.

And I could totally see Captain Rainbow as the secret curveball.

That's a lot of "Captain Rainbow" in this whole post.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
If I'm not mistaken, we've seen Saria's trophy on the 3DS, which makes this the first Wii U trophy displayed. I hope that's not the default background though, but I'm sure they'll have different backgrounds to select while viewing trophies.

LoneR.O.B.

Smash Cadet
The pic of today was incredibly unpredictable. I always liked Captain Rainbow and I am studying japanese, among other things, to play the game.
That fan translation of Kirameki never comes out... sniff...
Although it's unlikely, I would like to see a playable Captain Rainbow, or at least a Captain(star)Rainbow stage.
If not one of these, an Assist Trophy of Nick transforming into Captain Rainbow and beating up with the Double Yo-yo. And, after that, completing a wish star and sending someone in the fight away (heaven?)
Maybe if nothing of those above, just the theme song of Captain Raibow playing on My Music would make me happy.
And that Little Mac singed song from Captain Rainbow for the Punch-Out!! stage.

Last edited:

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106
And of course, the background lighting is involved as well.
Yeah, I wonder what the variety could be this time? Actually, I would absolutely love it if Sakurai allowed the background and lighting for the Super Mario Galaxy stage to be applied to every trophy.

Another nice touch is if some trophies specialized in those small changes with different backgrounds. Like Ganondorf's eyes lighting up red.

So far though, the two given trophies look like they could potentially be ripped straight from the games rather than all the unique models made in Melee. It probably saves time, but is still disappointing nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom