• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
They probably are only including this trophy to give lil mac even more history by showing all of his appearances. However, this does mean skip LTD. has content in the game since they reference captain rainbow. Will we maybe get to see a certain cute little robot that does chores?

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I'm super happy to see Captain Rainbow get some acknowledgement here. Really neat! Trophies of the other characters would be cool too, although I'm still pushing for Lip as a playable.

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
I thought more people knew about Captain Rainbow :surprised:
Anyway, I hope this means Captain Rainbow and his yo-yo are an assist trophy.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Waaah, they referenced something Japanese! Only middle-aged guys like me will know who that is! They should have put in someone more recognizable, like the guy from Kung Fu or something! This game is a joke!
On that note, I'm now more curious to see how this guy is reacting.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Definitely an entertaining update, I hope to see some Wii U trophies soon. Also, Captain Rainbow was a console game, so maybe all the non character trophies on the two versions won't be system exclusive.
Well this is a Wii U pick, so it's a console character in the console version, so I'm not sure where you're coming from with that...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Actually... This brings up an interesting question.

How would you guys feel about Captain Rainbow?
I think people would be fine with him... after all, he kinda resembles Non-Specific Action Figure... and at least he is a real Nintendo character, unlike the action figure who never appeared in Nintendo games nor merchandise.

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106
I hope the trophies work more like Melee. I loved collecting trophies and reading about them all! Brawl's kind... sucked. The coin launcher was a bad idea and the variety was awful.
Wasn't that added so that it would seem that it wasn't endorsing gambling? I heard somewhere that the whole reason the slot machine was switched out was because of the whole "use more coins to increase the odds" setup.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Wasn't that added so that it would seem that it wasn't endorsing gambling? I heard somewhere that the whole reason the slot machine was switched out was because of the whole "use more coins to increase the odds" setup.
Maybe. I think Europe has brought in some strict gambling video game regulations. That's why there are no more game corners in Pokemon.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'd be fine with Captain Rainbow, but I doubt he would get in as anything more then an assist. His game is not only Japan only, but it actually sold terribly in Japan. Game sales in Japan are front loaded, and this game only sold 6,361 copies in it's launch week.

Once again, this game was a failure commercially.

I can also see some parent groups getting upset by the name Captain Rainbow, assuming some homosexual connotation.... which is sad, because there aren't any and I don't think that really matters anyway.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Oh, really? That seems like a silly excuse - it's already a fighting game so the rating will be high anyway. Hopefully he comes up with something in between, because finding every trophy was a real *****.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I think people would be fine with him... after all, he kinda resembles Non-Specific Action Figure... and at least he is a real Nintendo character, unlike the action figure who never appeared in Nintendo games nor merchandise.
Non Specific Action Figure was just a meme that was funny once.
What's that on his stomach? His bellybutton?
No, it's a large cookie crumb.

Shroob

Sup?
If anything, I'd say this fares better for Takamaru, and to a lesser extent Lip. With Nintendo Land acknowledging Takamaru's existence, and now a nod to Captain Rainbow, looks like Nintendo is gunning to revive the franchise.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If anything, I'd say this fares better for Takamaru, and to a lesser extent Lip. With Nintendo Land acknowledging Takamaru's existence, and now a nod to Captain Rainbow, looks like Nintendo is gunning to revive the franchise.
Hasn't Takamaru also been in Dynasty Warriors?
Maybe we might see Takamaru in Hyrule Warriors

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yet again the "Challenger Approaching" Banner has been removed off the main site. Let the Yoshi speculation begin.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
Wow a Captain Rainbow reference? Wasn't really expecting that. On the one hand, this might just be in as a trophy because Little Mac is playable and he wanted to show everything about the character's history. On the other hand, as weird as it would be, I honestly feel like we can't rule out Captain Rainbow as playable yet. With Little Mac and potentially Ridley in the cast, Sakurai would be adding at least one maybe two characters primarely wanted in the West. It would make sense he would add a Japanese character to appeal to that audience as well. Also just because Rainbow was never introduced outside of Japan, doesn't really mean much. Fire Emblem started out that way and we still got Marth and Roy. The other thing worth noting is I remember an interview where Sakurai talked about adding Olimar to Brawl. He said something like he added him to represent the Gamecube era and would have added more Gamecube IPs if they existed. Sakurai may want to add characters now to represent the Wii era. To be fair, we already got Wii Fit Trainer for that, however there is that note about wanting to add more if they existed. Captain Rainbow was in fact a Wii era IP. Not saying he is guaranteed or anything, but I definitely wouldn't rule him out as a possibility.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I think we're all missing what's really important. The new background for viewing trophies!

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
I believe the wii fit trainer already serves the role of this games WTF character, i can't imagine a second one let alone one this obscure would go over well. More than likely it's just giving that bizarre little game a nod and nothing more.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
No one else has said it?

Ok, ok.

Looks like little Mac had a "Big Mac attack"

*cue Squidwards laugh*

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
Heck yeah! Captain Rainbow reference! I would actually really like Captain Rainbow to be playable even though I've never played his game. All I've ever done is watch and listen with wonder!

But perhaps it's more likely this is more good for Lip, which I'm totally ok with.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Captain rainbow. A testament to how quickly I forget.

I can see him as an assist trophy. All he does is help people in his game. That's what Wikipedia says at least.... I've never played it.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
I believe the wii fit trainer already serves the role of this games WTF character, i can't imagine a second one let alone one this obscure would go over well. More than likely it's just giving that bizarre little game a nod and nothing more.
Obscure to us, sure, how popular he is in Japan is the real question though. Does anyone know how popular or desired he is over there?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Wow a Captain Rainbow reference? Wasn't really expecting that. On the one hand, this might just be in as a trophy because Little Mac is playable and he wanted to show everything about the character's history. On the other hand, as weird as it would be, I honestly feel like we can't rule out Captain Rainbow as playable yet. With Little Mac and potentially Ridley in the cast, Sakurai would be adding at least one maybe two characters primarely wanted in the West. It would make sense he would add a Japanese character to appeal to that audience as well. Also just because Rainbow was never introduced outside of Japan, doesn't really mean much. Fire Emblem started out that way and we still got Marth and Roy. The other thing worth noting is I remember an interview where Sakurai talked about adding Olimar to Brawl. He said something like he added him to represent the Gamecube era and would have added more Gamecube IPs if they existed. Sakurai may want to add characters now to represent the Wii era. To be fair, we already got Wii Fit Trainer for that, however there is that note about wanting to add more if they existed. Captain Rainbow was in fact a Wii era IP. Not saying he is guaranteed or anything, but I definitely wouldn't rule him out as a possibility.
Except Fire Emblem was actually popular and successful in Japan, and Captain Rainbow wasn't. I wouldn't mind it personally, though.

Takamaru and Lip have a much better chance now, if anything.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
The game sold poorly. However it was well received by Famitsu.
Except Fire Emblem was actually popular and successful in Japan, and Captain Rainbow wasn't. I wouldn't mind it personally, though.

Takamaru and Lip have a much better chance now, if anything.
Alright, if that's the case probably not then. All I really knew from him was that his IP was only released in Japan. If it didn't turn out well, I can't imagine Sakurai giving him much priority. Thanks for the info.

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106
Welp, it looks like everyone's chances for appearances in some shape or form have increased for all characters that have appeared in Captain Rainbow since it's being referenced.

Takumaru, Famicom soldiers, Hikari, Lip, Devil, and Birdo have all shown up before so I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them became playable.

Once again, another Japan exclusive series is being represented, and by a trophy no less! Guess that cuts American games' chances.
Birdo eggs into battle! and Mike Jones from StarTropics disconfirmed. :troll:

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Man Sakurai could potentially fill months and months of Daily pics with trophy updates.
I hope they're at least 500 per version and interchangeable. Like, if you have both versions, you can pass them from one to the other. I want to have them all on my WiiU.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Why do people think Captain Rainbow even has a chance? The game sold poorly IN JAPAN and is virtually unknown here in the west.

If Sakurai wants to specifically appeal to the Japanese audience then Takamaru would be a much better choice.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Welp, it looks like everyone's chances for appearances in some shape or form have increased for all characters that have appeared in Captain Rainbow since it's being referenced.

Takumaru, Famicom soldiers, Hikari, Lip, Devil, and Birdo have all shown up before so I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them became playable.

Once again, another Japan exclusive series is being represented, and by a trophy no less! Guess that cuts American game's chances.
Birdo eggs into battle! and Mike Jones from StarTropics disconfirmed. :troll:
Punch out was more of a western centric game, so to show a japanese only appearance of a western centric character helps balance it out a bit. Mike Jones would be cool as an assist just to pique people's interest in startropics. Also, I believe any Skip LTD. Character got a bit of a boost as well as anyone who appeared in Captain Rainbow at least got a boost for a trophy.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I never played it but I am open for another *** exclusive as long as he has a legit original moveset. He looks silly too lol

edit: Just wanna ask why is Japan censored when I shorten it for ***?
Because that is considered a racial slur for Japanese people. Just don't say it. Trying to bypass the censor it will lead to a warning/infraction. If you want to shorten Japan....say JPN.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom