• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'd find it quite amusing if Rosalina is about as tall as normal Mewtwo, who's 6'7" in height. Chances are though, Ganondorf may stay undefeated as the tallest human if his Twilight Princess incarnation is reused. Of course, if he reverts back to his Ocarina of Time incarnation from Melee, Ganondorf might end up being on par with Rosalina, in terms of height.

Similarly, Mega Mewtwo Y may only be about as tall as Princess Peach, though we've seen a lot of size oddities when you realize that Pikachu is actually supposed to be way smaller than a Charizard.
This is Sakurai. Size doesn't matter.
Look at Olimar.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I'd find it quite amusing if Rosalina is about as tall as normal Mewtwo, who's 6'7" in height. Chances are though, Ganondorf may stay undefeated as the tallest human if his Twilight Princess incarnation is reused. Of course, if he reverts back to his Ocarina of Time incarnation from Melee, Ganondorf might end up being on par with Rosalina, in terms of height.

Similarly, Mega Mewtwo Y may only be about as tall as Princess Peach, though we've seen a lot of size oddities when you realize that Pikachu is actually supposed to be way smaller than a Charizard.
Technically speaking Ganondorf isn't human....

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Actually he is. He's a Gerudo, another race of human. That's what distinguishes him from the other villains in the Smash series, all of whom are beasts of some sort.
This true form, Ganon, is still a giant demon beast pig, though.

Isn't this all off-topic, though? We have to discuss the pic of the day.

Mac sure has some nice shoes.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
This true form, Ganon, is still a giant demon beast pig, though.

Isn't this all off-topic, though? We have to discuss the pic of the day.

Mac sure has some nice shoes.
I wonder where he gets them? Maybe Victoria's Secret?

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Nice pic of the day, can't wait for more Little Mac details.

It's been a while since we saw Zelda. I hope to see more of her.
Me too...was hoping for a definite answer on that Phantom deal to put the arguments at rest and to ease my curiosity. Also, Zelda is my main in Brawl so would love to see more of her.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*rereads thread rules*

Alright, it's allowed... so, any predictions for tonight? At some point this week I'm expecting a pic of Little Mac next to an AT from Brawl with a caption akin to "blah blah, he's come a long way since Brawl."

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So yeah, about dem shoes...

*rereads thread rules*

Alright, it's allowed... so, any predictions for tonight? At some point this week I'm expecting a pic of Little Mac next to an AT from Brawl with a caption akin to "blah blah, he's come a long way since Brawl."
Little Mac and Miss Fit. Miss Fit trolls Little Mac cause he still can't do a thing to touch her since she's in much more peak physical condition despite being much more slim.

Isn't it sad, Mac-chan?

Edit: Wait, the ****? Did the entire forum's default font just change? O_o

Last edited:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I predict Little Mac... again... BORING!
Seeing you here reminded me of the one reason why I'm not completely against the new rules.

On topic: What's the deal with Mac's undershirt? Is the jigsaw thing normal?

Edit: Wait, the ****? Did the entire forum's default font just change? O_o
No
Whatever gave you that idea?

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
On topic: What's the deal with Mac's undershirt? Is the jigsaw thing normal?
Okay, not even faking here, that's actually been bothering me ever since the close-up pic of him where you can see that. For a moment, I couldn't tell if that was a really bad undershirt of if the polygons for his neck just weren't made correctly. Or that his textures were very lazily done.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Okay, not even faking here, that's actually been bothering me ever since the close-up pic of him where you can see that. For a moment, I couldn't tell if that was a really bad undershirt of if the polygons for his neck just weren't made correctly. Or that his textures were very lazily done.
Name enough random crap and...

I'm pretty sure it's on purpose. Looking at pic #3 on his page, you can see that it clearly isn't clipping. And it actually takes up more polygons than if it were straight.

Edit: Why ever would you fake? I personally enjoy having a healthy, safe and appropriately-guided discussion. And everyone else does too.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Name enough random crap and...

I'm pretty sure it's on purpose. Looking at pic #3 on his page, you can see that it clearly isn't clipping. And it actually takes up more polygons than if it were straight.

Edit: Why ever would you fake? I personally enjoy having a healthy, safe and appropriately-guided discussion. And everyone else does too.
Moped, stop pretending. ¦D

Personally, I'm bored as all hell. The only reason I'm waiting for the next pic is so we'll have something different to talk about for all of 20 minutes.

Anyway, I already know it's not clipping, but the undershirt just looks...bad. It looks like it's torn up or something.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice

Personally, I'm bored as all hell. The only reason I'm waiting for the next pic is so we'll have something different to talk about for all of 20 minutes.

Anyway, I already know it's not clipping, but the undershirt just looks...bad. It looks like it's torn up or something.
It looks like a zipper or a jigsaw. A normal hem with trapezoids on it. If only we had that guy who actually knows about boxing from the LM support thread.

D

Deleted member

Oh hey someone finally mentioned the thing that's been bothering me since Mac was unveiled. Seriously it just looks so unnatural and really jagged.

AndreGX

Smash Rookie
Facts mixed up? Discussions?
I will suffer through their the first LM video so that I may point out a few things.
[collapse=The Thoughts and Impressions video]
0:00-2:20 fluff
to 3:04 Obvious things that are clearly evident from just watching the trailer ("He has moves based on punches")
3:04-3:21 WTF are you kidding me? They think he can charge it like a power-shot? Idiots...
3:21-4:00 Literally just repeating given information
4:00-4:16 Wrong, even before the cut, Bowser was at around 39%.
4:16-4:29 fluff
4:29-5:19 YES it is a OHKO, it was explicitly stated to be so, and OHKOs bounce of of surfaces and attacks with knock-back.
5:19-5:45 Not this **** again. It's not "just like the charge shot." "The difference here" is that it is an entirely different move with entirely different mechanics.
5:45-6:23 There is no reason to think it works that way. No reason.
6:23-7:01 You know, I think the meter might also be useful to the person using LM. Now, maybe this guy plays games where he is psychically in-tuned to his character, but I'm pretty sure that in this case, it helps everyone.
7:01-7:08 Doubtful
7:08-7:25 Roy, Roy, Roy's our boy!
7:25-7:28 Really? What tipped you off?
7:28-7:42 Well naturally normal people with sporting careers should be the most powerful. Like he said, they are clearly the most well-suited for having instant-death powers. Unlike the rest of the cast, like the evil overlords, intergalactic bounty hunter and GODDAM SOLID SNAKE.
7:42-8:11 The only actually informative thing, even if googling "Giga-Mac" could still yield better results
8:11-9:03 Repeating given information
9:03-9:47 The fluff is real
9:47-11:02 They actual even considered it to be a possibility? (and more repeating of given information)
11:02-End More obvious stuff, fluff and so forth
The comment about Mac and Olimar is inaccurate, as Mac isn't standing up as much as he normally does, and Olimar is jumping
[/collapse]
There are things in there that are relevant to PotD, but any further replies should take the form of a PM to prevent derailment/infractions.
You seem surprised that an impressions video recorded literally minutes after a Nintendo Direct ended would have mistakes that would be easily observable several days later. Although it would be pretty awesome if we could hit everything on the head in one go, with having less than 10-minutes to research :)

Last edited:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
You seem surprised that an impressions video recorded literally minutes after a Nintendo Direct ended would have mistakes that would be easily observable several days later, by someone who has the luxury of 3-days time to review the footage.
Notice how I specifically requested the response to be a PM?
No, I saw that within an hour of it coming out, after having only seen the trailer once, and I couldn't even finish watching it, it was so goddam stupid. I quit after the last time they bring up that his attack clearly "works like Samus' charge shot."
They have a decent grasp of virtually every other game they talk about, but definitely not Smash.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
That an initial impressions video would have mistakes and it means we're terrible at out jobs. Yep :)

Thanks!
But you do understand that there was no indication of an input causing charging, there are already characters who have passive charges (Wario, Rob, Lucario) and in LM's own games there is a mechanic in which hitting people without getting hit = more charge?
That's all.

I'll check your follow-up (again) in a moment.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I know Mac is the new posterboy for now, but after the boring image we received today with the most BLATANT of a description, I really hope he's not...I mean, who would've guessed a BOXER of all people would have hard hitting punches on the ground <_<. I was honestly mad when I saw the pic -.- haha

AndreGX

Smash Rookie
But you do understand that there was no indication of an input causing charging, there are already characters who have passive charges (Wario, Rob, Lucario) and in LM's own games there is a mechanic in which hitting people without getting hit = more charge.
As I said, it was an impressions piece recorded literally minutes after the Direct. Of course we have a better understanding of how it works now.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Picture of Little Mac and Rosalina emphasizing the size difference. Calling it, if not tonight, eventually.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
But you do understand that there was no indication of an input causing charging, there are already characters who have passive charges (Wario, Rob, Lucario) and in LM's own games there is a mechanic in which hitting people without getting hit = more charge?
That's all.

I'll check your follow-up (again) in a moment.
Eh, even with people that play Smash a lot I've seen confusion (like thinking Mac has a fire effect on a certain move when it was a Samus fair, or CT Zero's analysis-- a lot of jumbled thoughts there and he is not what most would consider a casual player). Anyway, it was pretty "HOW QUAINT, NOT EVEN KNOWING SMASH BROTHERS" before but now that he is an actual member I'll ask you to not go towards that direction again pls (you're doing a pretty good job of it actually)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom