• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I actually love how Sakurai designed Mac like a true boxer should be: strong on the ground, weak in the air. Good stuff.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Don't harp on Gamexplain, they are quite good at what they do, they just get their facts mixed up with smash brothers. They also point out some massive details such as Little Macs Power Bar, and his aerial capacity and some of his moveset. You cannot find any other trailer analysis people for other series too.
I think tomorrow we will get a size comparison of Bowser and Little Mac for tomorrow's picture.
Yeah, I love GameXplain, I watch all their discussions.
Facts mixed up? Discussions?
I will suffer through their the first LM video so that I may point out a few things.
[collapse=The Thoughts and Impressions video]
0:00-2:20 fluff
to 3:04 Obvious things that are clearly evident from just watching the trailer ("He has moves based on punches")
3:04-3:21 WTF are you kidding me? They think he can charge it like a power-shot? Idiots...
3:21-4:00 Literally just repeating given information
4:00-4:16 Wrong, even before the cut, Bowser was at around 39%.
4:16-4:29 fluff
4:29-5:19 YES it is a OHKO, it was explicitly stated to be so, and OHKOs bounce of of surfaces and attacks with knock-back.
5:19-5:45 Not this **** again. It's not "just like the charge shot." "The difference here" is that it is an entirely different move with entirely different mechanics.
5:45-6:23 There is no reason to think it works that way. No reason.
6:23-7:01 You know, I think the meter might also be useful to the person using LM. Now, maybe this guy plays games where he is psychically in-tuned to his character, but I'm pretty sure that in this case, it helps everyone.
7:01-7:08 Doubtful
7:08-7:25 Roy, Roy, Roy's our boy!
7:25-7:28 Really? What tipped you off?
7:28-7:42 Well naturally normal people with sporting careers should be the most powerful. Like he said, they are clearly the most well-suited for having instant-death powers. Unlike the rest of the cast, like the evil overlords, intergalactic bounty hunter and GODDAM SOLID SNAKE.
7:42-8:11 The only actually informative thing, even if googling "Giga-Mac" could still yield better results
8:11-9:03 Repeating given information
9:03-9:47 The fluff is real
9:47-11:02 They actual even considered it to be a possibility? (and more repeating of given information)
11:02-End More obvious stuff, fluff and so forth
The comment about Mac and Olimar is inaccurate, as Mac isn't standing up as much as he normally does, and Olimar is jumping
[/collapse]
There are things in there that are relevant to PotD, but any further replies should take the form of a PM to prevent derailment/infractions.

Last edited:

peachy!

super princess
How would you guys feel if a character that was previously playable in Smash Bros. is confirmed as an assist trophy via PotD?

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
How would you guys feel if a character that was previously playable in Smash Bros. is confirmed as an assist trophy via PotD?
Honestly that depends. I might be mad, of be neutral on it.

Jeez, Little Mac is Little.
Isn't Mega Man as big as Mario? Then why does he look bigger than Mario?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You guys do realise that GameXplain's "Thoughts and Impressions" videos on character reveals are exactly what they say on the tin, right?

It's literally just their initial impressions on a character reveal after watching it for the first time, along with seeing the screenshots. No different to any of us throwing out random ideas. They are not the end all be all source of info for Smash, but I personally feel their idea spit-balling is fun to listen to, and they do raise good questions. Their analysis videos always end up pretty solid though. And for other games, they are phenomenal (watch their Mario Kart 8 analysis videos).

As for the daily pic, there isn't much to say that hasn't already been said. I do have to wonder if Mega Man's oddly big head is actually brief effect caused by Little Mac's killer arm, though.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I guess Little Mac being strong on the ground/weak in the air makes sense for a Boxer. It's also decent balancing. There's a strategic way to play as him, and a strategic way to fight against him. Good stuff.
I'll definitely have to work at getting good with him. Most characters I've bothered "mastering" have been air fighters, so he'll be a bit like re-inventing the wheel for me. Glad to see Sakurai mention these sort of things in the pics. Hopefully we can get some sort of explanation of his Super Armor properties in an upcoming pic.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So she's a kickboxer then?
Um... no. ._. Don't worry, I'll explain my slightly naughty joke in a PM for you sometime. ;)

Ahem. Also, yeah, GameXplain are awesome, I don't get the hate. Watch their Mario Kart analysis(es?) for proof. Try finding that amount if awesome stuff like they do.

Anyways, on topic. Anyone Think they may actually show Diddy when TF is released outside of Japan?

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
You guys do realise that GameXplain's "Thoughts and Impressions" videos on character reveals are exactly what they say on the tin, right?

It's literally just their initial impressions on a character reveal after watching it for the first time, along with seeing the screenshots. No different to any of us throwing out random ideas. They are not the end all be all source of info for Smash, but I personally feel their idea spit-balling is fun to listen to, and they do raise good questions. Their analysis videos always end up pretty solid though. And for other games, they are phenomenal (watch their Mario Kart 8 analysis videos).

As for the daily pic, there isn't much to say that hasn't already been said. I do have to wonder if Mega Man's oddly big head is actually brief effect caused by Little Mac's killer arm, though.
They said the KO meter is a like the Charge Shot, but used instantly.
Yeah, I find it highly enjoyable. It certainly makes me grateful I have SB.

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
Looks like Mac's B-Air today. I think we saw Mac's N-Air in the trailer.

B-Air looks like it might have a little more range than his other aerials, but I'm guessing they'll be hard to land in general. I'm assuming it'll mostly be Little Mac pictures this week (which is fine with me).

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Looks like Mac's B-Air today. I think we saw Mac's N-Air in the trailer.

B-Air looks like it might have a little more range than his other aerials, but I'm guessing they'll be hard to land in general. I'm assuming it'll mostly be Little Mac pictures this week (which is fine with me).
Whoa whoa, hold the phone.

This may be completely slow of me, but seeing this GIF, I'm just now realising Wii Fit Trainer seemingly has a crawl.

Ruthy

Smash Apprentice
How are we sure thats his N-Air? Correct me if its already been shown but that move kinda looks like an F-Air to me. :\

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm hoping tomorrow we get more details on Mac's side B that seems to go through everything. Little Mac's recovery seems similar to Ike's: great attack but one dimensional.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I really want to see a size comparison between Rosalina and Little Mac. That has to look adorable. She's a tower of a woman, so it would look funny.
Now that you say this, I'm actually curious how Rosalina and Samus compare. Samus is 6'3 (about 2 meters for you metric system users and 4 wigglywoos for you Brits out there) so Rosalina will be kind of intimidating if she's even taller than this.

Add in: Come to think of it, Palutena's pretty tall too... SSB4: Attack of the Giant Women!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Now that you say this, I'm actually curious how Rosalina and Samus compare. Samus is 6'3 (about 2 meters for you metric system users and 4 wigglywoos for you Brits out there) so Rosalina will be kind of intimidating if she's even taller than this.

Add in: Come to think of it, Palutena's pretty tall too... SSB4: Attack of the Giant Women!
Funny you should mention this, as I made a tumblr post that involved comparing them just yesterday. Rosalina is taller than Samus. We've seen both their sizes in relation to Mario. Also, IIRC, Peach and Samus are around a similar height in past Smash games:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Whoa whoa, hold the phone.

This may be completely slow of me, but seeing this GIF, I'm just now realising Wii Fit Trainer seemingly has a crawl.
That looks like an "idle" crouch animation, she's doing pull-ups, looks hella awkward if that's how she crawls.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That looks like an "idle" crouch animation, she's doing pull-ups.
No, I knew that was like that from the trailer, but if you look carefully, she actually jumps forward on all fours, moving closer to the edge. Like push-up walkies or something.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
No, I knew that was like that from the trailer, but if you look carefully, she actually jumps forward on all fours, moving closer to the edge. Like push-up walkies or something.
Oh wow, hadn't noticed that

I wonder how fast she can go? It'll look pretty damn funny if she's just push-up hopping all along the stage at her walking speed haha.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Last edited by a moderator:

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
I... wow I didn't even notice that. If that's how she crawls it's gonna be kinda freaky. o_O Maybe her full crawling animation looks different? Miss Fit just never ceases to surprise.

How are we sure thats his N-Air? Correct me if its already been shown but that move kinda looks like an F-Air to me. :\
I think it could be an F-Air as well. The short range just makes me think N-Air, but there's no way to know until we see more of his aerials.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
To clarify, I don't mean she literally "crawled". I mean, that push up where she actually jumps forward looks like it could be her crawling animation (like how Luigi scurries along with his head in between his legs). I imagine she simply does them really quickly across the stage.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
It's like we're at a dinner table where everyone hates each others guts, and in an effort to keep things civil everyone has agreed to talk about nothing dinner, so someone starts likening their mash potatoes to homeless bums who haven't even tried to get a job in three years just like their Uncle Ricky who is of course one of the people at said dinner. They then conclude by asking to be passed the gravy because they were just talking about dinner the whole time for real y'all.

Anyway back on topic.... can you pass me the butter?

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Has Sakurai ever acknowledged American releases?
Luigi was revealed much closer to the Mario & Luigi: Dream Team NA release date than the JP or EU release dates. He hasn't done it simultaneously with any NA release date. Nor has he revealed anyone soon after any NA release date, unless you count Super Mario 3D World and Rosalina almost a month later (but the NA and JP release dates were within one day of each other). Some have been between a JP release and an NA release, which may be a compromise...

July 12 - Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (EU)
July 18 - Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (JP)
August 7 - Luigi revealed
August 11 - Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (NA)

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
It's pretty hard or me to compare Mac's height with that of characters with similar heights because he's always crouching.

Lozjam

Smash Champion

Hey, if they weren't our nintendo Heroes would injure their ladies if you know what I mean ;) but more size comparisons would be very helpful

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Funny you should mention this, as I made a tumblr post that involved comparing them just yesterday. Rosalina is taller than Samus. We've seen both their sizes in relation to Mario. Also, IIRC, Peach and Samus are around a similar height in past Smash games:

I'd find it quite amusing if Rosalina is about as tall as normal Mewtwo, who's 6'7" in height. Chances are though, Ganondorf may stay undefeated as the tallest human if his Twilight Princess incarnation is reused. Of course, if he reverts back to his Ocarina of Time incarnation from Melee, Ganondorf might end up being on par with Rosalina, in terms of height.

Similarly, Mega Mewtwo Y may only be about as tall as Princess Peach, though we've seen a lot of size oddities when you realize that Pikachu is actually supposed to be way smaller than a Charizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom