• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Guys, I just came up with something. It may not mean anything....but Ghirahim's Theme/Ballad of the Goddess...on the 3tds version when SS wasn't on the handheld? I beleive that there will be two tracks per stage, but much more music that can be used for...lets say....Stage Builder? I hope that this is the case, tbh.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
You know what i would love for to happen?

Most likely won't ever happen, but it would make a lot of sense. Mario Kart 8 had a Direct, revealing everything, on April 30th. Exactly one month before it's release. Why can't the same be for Smash? D:
Oh... and now I need an ambulance...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Guys, I just came up with something. It may not mean anything....but Ghirahim's Theme/Ballad of the Goddess...on the 3tds version when SS wasn't on the handheld? I beleive that there will be two tracks per stage, but much more music that can be used for...lets say....Stage Builder? I hope that this is the case, tbh.
Yeah Sakurai confirmed that during the April Direct. (The two tracks per stage part) I kinda feel that the Ballad of the Goddess/Ghirahim's theme will be used for the Spirit Train stage along with Full Steam Ahead (Spirit Tracks).

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
So last week had Meta Knight along with stage and single player information, this week had a music update. What will next weeks waitforeverbuttotallyworthit update be?

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Yeah Sakurai confirmed that during the April Direct. (The two tracks per stage part) I kinda feel that the Ballad of the Goddess/Ghirahim's theme will be used for the Spirit Train stage along with Full Steam Ahead (Spirit Tracks).
I know he confirmed that, lol. And your prob right...which sucks because I wanted alot of music in the 3dS Version as well.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Wow. . . I just read all the hype posts from last night and All I can say is that Smash fans are dedicated! Over 500 people viewing a thread, the site crashes, and pulling an all nighter for a pic? Props to you all! I crashed around 3:00 my time :0

The pic of the day truly wasn't that bad either! Sure it wasn't a character or trailer or anything, but really I was wondering if Sakurai would update us about the music selection in the 3DS version!

Overall great week for smash, very great week :D
The site always goes down early in the morning. It's unrelated to server capacity.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Sakurai confirmed in this very update that there is music in the game beyond the two songs per stage, and that they can be used for Smash Run. That's probably what all the songs that seem to fit in any stage are.

Edit: Oops, Kiwi-Kiwi already said this. Not sure how I missed it. >_>

The site always goes down early in the morning. It's unrelated to server capacity.
No, we got a legit server crash last night while waiting for the POTD, not the usual scheduled downtime. They're very easy to distinguish from each other. Warchamp actually delayed/skipped the usually site downtime because the pic still wasn't up.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Sakurai confirmed in this very update that there is music in the game beyond the two songs per stage, and that they can be used for Smash Run. That's probably what all the songs that seem to fit in any stage are.

Edit: Oops, Kiwi-Kiwi already said this. Not sure how I missed it. >_>

No, we got a legit server crash last night while waiting for the POTD, not the usual scheduled downtime. They're very easy to distinguish from each other. Warchamp actually delayed/skipped the usually site downtime because the pic still wasn't up.
Ah, that's what I tough because the same happened with MK reveal and I expected maintenance. At least I know we shouldn't be scarried for maintenance (tough, that crash put me to sleep and it was good because it took so long after 4 AM EST).

Btw, I would have wanted to be there, but like really, that was way too late.

Audio is quite important for me so I really care about those, but since it's probably the first that does shows what we should expect, I didn't expect any audio related updates. When they say reveal a bit at time, I hope it implies new one because I want to know more about music than usual.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
This is going to be the longest weekend...
Which is great, school starts up again for me on Monday :happysheep:

Last edited:

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
Warning Received
One of the new highlights for this feature is the "Play in Sleep Mode" option in the upper right. If you turn this on, you can listen to the tracks with your headphones even when your Nintendo 3DS is closed. The L and R Buttons will let you skip tracks. This means you can use it as a portable music player.
[content removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
What if we started getting songs of the day as well.

I shouldn't have said that. Now I'll be disappointed.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So, how about that Monday hype?
I really hope we get new music additions every day up to release, but that's just wishful thinking.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, how about that Monday hype?
I really hope we get new music additions every day up to release, but that's just wishful thinking.
With the 3ds being more portable than my laptop with VLC, every music announce is a big deal.

Really, I can't wait to hear them on noise reduction headphones (those headphones are expensive, but you get your ears so covered that you feel like the music is surrounding you even tough it's stereo sound).

But I bet that the one on the site are in compressed format like mp3. So, you wouldn't have the original quality.

Still, I think they would add them without any potd mention, but they will mention on the site. Because unless you take a pic of the waveform, you can't show a music in potd.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I predict:
-an overly long wait with a high amount of info
-more Smash Run
-a stage we didn't know was in the game, either brand new or returning
-a description of what all can be done between the two versions
-a Pokeball Pokemon (totally not predicting :pichumelee: not at all)

Not exactly in that order but there ya go. I also predict a direct/trailer announcement through caption and music updates although that goes with the first prediction possibly.

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
I predict:
-an overly long wait with a high amount of info
-more Smash Run
-a stage we didn't know was in the game, either brand new or returning
-a description of what all can be done between the two versions
-a Pokeball Pokemon (totally not predicting :pichumelee: not at all)

Not exactly in that order but there ya go. I also predict a direct/trailer announcement through caption and music updates although that goes with the first prediction possibly.
It's sunday tomorrow, buddy.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Do you think we will get Pics of the Day until 3DS release or Wii U release?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
We will definitely get pics of the day until at least the Wii U version comes out.
I couldn't imagine what they would be then, besides just the Wii U stages. I mean it will be another 2 months before the Wii U version comes out at least.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
We'll know everything when 3DS comes out, yes, but that wont stop Sakurai from posting information on stuff that hasn't been shown on the site prior.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't imagine what they would be then, besides just the Wii U stages. I mean it will be another 2 months before the Wii U version comes out at least.
Now that we're getting music updates periodically, there will be Wii U only music tracks as well. There are also Amiibos and explaining their customization more for a few pictures as well as any Wii U exclusive modes. Of course, before we even get to that point, there's probably at least a month of pictures showing secret content from the 3DS version with occasional Wii U pictures mixed in.

Lazy Dog

Banned via Warnings

Sakurai said:
«The 3DS version has an excellent Sounds collection! The design looks nice for a sound test screen, doesn't it? The font color for the 'Remix' text on remixed songs comes in pink or white. The pink ones are songs arranged for this version of Super Smash Bros., while the white ones are remixes made in earlier Smash Bros. games. This means there are reoccuring songs from past releases.» 22.Aug.2014

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
- Wii U-only stages
- Wii U-only modes (we know NONE)
- Wii U-only music
- Wii U-only trophies
- Assist Trophies not in the 3DS version
- Wii U menus/UI
- Amiibo
- Character profiles/pages for anyone not revealed before 3DS release

Lots of stuff.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Part of me's thinking we'll see another character this week. MK's banner is gone and we're rapidly approaching.

Hopefully someone that'd finally put that totally fake but greatly made leak to rest. Let's go Lucas or Ivysaur!

..Totally just because I want to disprove the leak. That's it. I swear.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Part of me's thinking we'll see another character this week. MK's banner is gone and we're rapidly approaching.

Hopefully someone that'd finally put that totally fake but greatly made leak to rest. Let's go Lucas or Ivysaur!

..Totally just because I want to disprove the leak. That's it. I swear.
At least let's get Ice Climbers. That by itself should be sufficient enough in disproving the leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom