• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
At least let's get Ice Climbers. That by itself should be sufficient enough in disproving the leak.
I'll take it, but honestly that wouldn't do it for many. "No proof the leak had all characters unlocked" etc

Let's get a Wario confirmation with a render that has two pupils. That'll get rid of it.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Sakurai added one more comment in case no one saw it yet.

"By the way, here's another music announcement!! You can now listen to some of the tracks on the official website. We're planning to add more tracks a little at a time, so stay tuned. www.smashbros.com"

More to come, folks! More to come!
I wonder if this means more common late updates.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I'm expecting something bigger for next week, whether it's a Robin-esque announcement or a full fledged Direct, but I'm sure there's something bigger up Sakurai's sleeve.

Ridley reference not intended.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I couldn't imagine what they would be then, besides just the Wii U stages. I mean it will be another 2 months before the Wii U version comes out at least.
There is lots of stuff they could show post-release. Even the Brawl Dojo still updated for like a couple of months after release.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
I'm lucky, you see. School doesn't start 'till 3rd September, and even then, I don't have to leave 'till 10am UK Time. I have at least 8 days left of pic of the days. *totally not bragging*

Anyways. Here's hoping this week'll be as good as last week!

Staarih

Smash Master
Funny how I'm glad it's Sunday already: it means tomorrow is Monday and yet another week of new pics! I have a feeling this upcoming week will be interesting seeing as MK's challenger banner is gone. I hope for a veteran reveal at least.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
The promise of a new POTD is perhaps the only thing that motivates me to get out of bed on Monday morning. :upsidedown:

I'm really hoping for a veteran reveal. I am tired of this leak and want it to be confirmed either way. :p

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm hoping for a direct announcement or a new challenger video this week.

I would think there would be a General Direct this month, there was only one other small direct focused on one game.

Lazy Dog

Banned via Warnings
Sakurai uploaded an additional picture:

«Choose your songs and play with features on the bottom screen. You can listen to character voices, too. One of the new highlights for this feature is the 'Play in Sleep Mode' option in the upper right. If you turn this on, you can listen to the tracks with your headphones even when your Nintendo 3DS is closed. The L and R Buttons will let you skip tracks. This means you can use it as a portable music player. Enjoy listening to the tracks you love by putting all songs in loop, shuffle, or selecting your favorite tracks!! In Smash Run, the background music plays randomly from the songs you select from the track list. This means you can customize your own song lineup!! Usually each stage has two tracks-which makes for a lot of songs on its own-but as a bonus, we've added more songs for you to enjoy in Smash Run and in the Sounds area. By the way, here's another music announcement!! You can now listen to some of the tracks on the official website. We're planning to add more tracks a little at a time, so stay tuned.»

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Sakurai uploaded an additional picture:

«Choose your songs and play with features on the bottom screen. You can listen to character voices, too. One of the new highlights for this feature is the 'Play in Sleep Mode' option in the upper right. If you turn this on, you can listen to the tracks with your headphones even when your Nintendo 3DS is closed. The L and R Buttons will let you skip tracks. This means you can use it as a portable music player. Enjoy listening to the tracks you love by putting all songs in loop, shuffle, or selecting your favorite tracks!! In Smash Run, the background music plays randomly from the songs you select from the track list. This means you can customize your own song lineup!! Usually each stage has two tracks-which makes for a lot of songs on its own-but as a bonus, we've added more songs for you to enjoy in Smash Run and in the Sounds area. By the way, here's another music announcement!! You can now listen to some of the tracks on the official website. We're planning to add more tracks a little at a time, so stay tuned.»
That was last week, sir.

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
i'm expecting at least something similar to the subspace emissary "This World" announcement. not necessarily the same thing but like an update showing off the 1 player Wii U mode with a caption like "you'll have to wait til after the 3DS version is released to get info on this mode" just to build up hype.

also give me Squirtle kthanks

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
You know who I'd like to see?

Palutena.

She has only had two potds since she's been confirmed iirc, and she wasn't even the focus on one of them.
I keep forgetting she's even in the game...

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
You know who I'd like to see?

Palutena.

She has only had two potds since she's been confirmed iirc, and she wasn't even the focus on one of them.
I keep forgetting she's even in the game...
Well, being that we know her moveset, I'd like to see some alt colors for her.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Meta Knight's banner is gone huh? Interesting... Okay! So this week's pic of the days will go from the 25th to the 29th...

So, this week I expect to see at least one new 3DS stage, another alternate costume or two shown off on the Wii U starfox stage while not commenting on the stage (just giving us a better idea of how we fight on it), a new music track, a new assist trophy or regular trophy deconfirming someone somewhat popular, and maybe even a new final smash for...Peach or someone.

Then! At the end of the week we get an announcement for a Smash Direct Monday September 1st or Tuesday September 2nd with a comment like "Wow, I can't believe how quickly time passes sometimes! But please join me for one last event, I can't wait to finally share some of the crazier details with you all."

Then we'll see: more Smash Run revealing bosses appearing like bosses appeared in City Trial and also as confirmed by some nintendo rep at E3, more 3DS modes (like that one where the balls with character portraits on them were ramming into each other?), veteran changes like Meta Knight, veteran reveals like Wario Ice Climbers and one of the Mother Boys, more custom movesets and alts and other awesome custom things like that, a little tease of Wii U exclusive modes that'll be elaborated on more at a later time (pic of the days while we're waiting for Wii U version), aaand finally a final newcomer video/final trailer before launch.

It could be a small Brawl E3 2006 recreation at first with Mario, Pikachu, Link, and Kirby fighting when Meta Knight and Pit start having their own fight when Samus is about to blast them but then someone throws her to the side. Everyone looks over and you hear a roar, it's the baddest boss: Ridley. I personally am neutral to Ridley's inclusion, but seeing how he seems to be the most hotly debated character regarding Smash Bros, I think a reveal for him would be pretty fitting for a final trailer before Smash 4. But I dunno, it could be someone else.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
My Mii was wearing a Captain Falcon costume when he was confirmed, and I've been using costumes that aren't veterans since then. I've switched to the Ice Climber hood, so let's see them this week! We only have three weeks of updates left until the release in Japan, and I'd expect at least one more veteran and maybe a newcomer before then, so why not now?

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I don't know what to expect this week, considering the creeping Japanese release, the 15 days of PotD's left for Japan til 3DS release, and the speculation over the sudden disappearance of Meta Knight's reveal banner.

At the very least, I'm predicting, in no particular order;
  • New pokeball reveal.
  • New stage reveal.
  • Highlighting any adjustments to Meta Knight's movepool.
  • New music.
  • Possibly another AT.
I'm not gonna predict anything bigger so as not to be disappointed at the end of the week.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
We'll guys, I'm putting on my conductor's cap, and preparing the hype train. That's right, I'm banking on a character reveal tomorrow.

The train will be boarding soon. Get your things, it's going to be a heck of a ride.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
We'll guys, I'm putting on my conductor's cap, and preparing the hype train. That's right, I'm banking on a character reveal tomorrow.

The train will be boarding soon. Get your things, it's going to be a heck of a ride.
I'm hopping aboard this train. I also strongly believe we'll either get a new character or a trailer announcement....I honestly don't care which...

D

Deleted member

WE'RE GONNA GET SMASH RUN INFO

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm hopping aboard this train. I also strongly believe we'll either get a new character or a trailer announcement....I honestly don't care which...
I know I usually overhype everything, but today, I really have a good feeling about the PotD. We have to be getting a character.

WE'RE GONNA GET SMASH RUN INFO

Come on, Tom, join the train. We still have plenty of tickets remaining.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I played Brawl and set a Lv. 9 4-player CPU match against Wario, Lucas, Ice Climbers, and Ness. Lucas won.

Lucas will be the next character revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom