• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I don't see Arata Iiyoshi in there. :<

He was on the composer list for Brawl and the first PMD games were mentioned, but he instead arranged the Skyworld, White Land, and Dark World tracks.

I hope he returns this time and brings some of his tracks from PMD and PMD2 over. Did he also help work on Gates to Infinity? I hope the composers for that game are also involved in Smash.

I'd kill for some PMD music tracks... Or a stage. Or an Assist Trophy. *cough*

----

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Wow, I'm glad I went to bed today...
HYPE FOR MUSIC!
*Waits patiently for Tropical Freeze music*

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
The amount of composers he's hired is insane enough, but the fact they've all worked on high quality soundtracks show the level of quality he wants.

Sakurai, you didn't abduct all these people and force them to work on an uncharted island near Japan, did you?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The amount of composers he's hired is insane enough, but the fact they've all worked on high quality soundtracks show the level of quality he wants.

Sakurai, you didn't abduct all these people and force them to work on an uncharted island near Japan, did you?
That's what happened in Brawl too. lol

Guess it's a Smash Bros. standard now to have a legion of composers working on the game. :p

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
Anyone else here love Sakuraba because of the tales series!? He also did Golden Sun correct?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Anyone else here love Sakuraba because of the tales series!? He also did Golden Sun correct?
He's one of my favorite composers. Among other titles, he did:
- Tales series
- Dark Souls series
- Mario Golf / Tennis series
- Golden Sun series
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Kid Icarus: Uprising

In other words, you're correct.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Man, over 1000 posts during the overnight hours for a 5 AM update? This is probably where the quote, "It can wait", should be kicking in; I was sleeping during the mess.

Anyway, it's nice that we're now able to see previews of the BGM that we'll be getting.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
See, unlike you guys I sleep and wake up to see the POTD, rather than wasting my sleep time. :p

That being said, Why isn't the music more longer!!?? :sadeyes:

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
Well, I guess the Hype Train has its own official theme music now!

FULL STEAM AHEAD!

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
In all this musical hulabaloo, no one noticed that Meta Knight's "Challenger Approaching" banner was just taken down.

We're getting something big, boys and girls. The next few characters to be revealed will either validate or discredit the major leaks going around as of late.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Seems like I was lucky to have decided not to stay up until the early morning in order to see the pic of the day, since it came out late. Pretty satisfying imo.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
The music sounds great, Multi-Man Smash is very nice, and I'm eager to hear more. Maybe monday will start "Track of the day. Sanic's Chemical Plant Zone Modern!" or "Track of the day! Here's our remix of Solar Man from MegaMan 10!" I dunno music is awesome! No smash direct announcement this time though...maybe early september or... I dunno, none at all would be weird. Nahhh, we gatta get one.

Also this artist list is getting me hyped! The composer for Ace Attorney Dual Destinies is here! Doesn't mean Phoenix Wright is in, but I liked the music in that game and maybe they might even maybe throw an Ace Attorney track in there...! Maybe not, but... But maybe! I dunno, just seeing a clue that Sakurai knows Phoenix Wright exists makes me kinda happy~

Last edited:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
This was a great update. Hopefully we get samples of more of the tracks every week as we've had a huge music drought up to this point. I'm happy to hear that there are more than the two tracks per stage, but I'm not sure I really understand why they wouldn't just be added to stages rather than Smash Run/Sound Room exclusives.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Do these composers only get listed if they worked on a remix for the new game? In other words, if they straight copy music from Tropical Freeze, for example, would David Wise be listed?

Seems likely since they'll likely be using a lot of original, unremixed tracks and composer list would a lot longer with all of them...

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Also this track "Gear Getaway" from Donkey Kong Country Returns. Will it appear on Kongo Jungle or does it hint at what DK stage we'll get on the 3DS version? From searching on youtube I found the level and it looks cool! Like a kinda... abandoned factory theme going on? And there's a rocket barrel section, and we already know the rocket barrel theme is in from the smash direct in April. So... I dunno, maybe Gear Getaway is our new Donkey Kong stage on the 3DS? I may be reading too far into this.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Aw crap. I fell asleep.

Anyway, awesome PoTD and I just can't wait to use my 3DS as my iPod. Forever.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
I fell asleep....... And at least the x and y remix is on there! The one I was hoping for.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Do these composers only get listed if they worked on a remix for the new game? In other words, if they straight copy music from Tropical Freeze, for example, would David Wise be listed?

Seems likely since they'll likely be using a lot of original, unremixed tracks and composer list would a lot longer with all of them...
If it's anything like Brawl, the only credited composers are those producing new music for the game, including new remixes.
Cleary :4greninja: But

We have someone from xenoblade as a music composer

So i think shulk is now as likely as palutena was.
We have three composers from Xenoblade: Yoko Shimomura, ACE and Yasunori Mitsuda. Only ACE got credited here, but doing research is always good.

Returning from Brawl are the following composers:
- Masato Coda
- Kenji Ito
- Noriyuki Iwadare
- Shota Kageyama
- Yuzo Koshiro
- Yasunori Mitsuda
- Michiko Naruke
- Motoi Sakuraba
- Yoko Shimomura
- Masafumi Takada
- Yusuke Takahama
- Hirokazu Tanaka
- Toru Minegishi

Also, the composer list for Brawl had a lot of series that had no allusion whatsoever in the game itself. It's just a list of a very few notable works by the composers.

Those interested might want to look the composers' names up to see more of their works. You may be surprised with what you find!

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Impressive list of musicians that are lined up for this game. Should make for one incredible soundtrack as a whole between the two games. Eh, as far as it providing hints I think some people need to calm down just a tad in that regards as it's being looked too deep into. I am glad to see the guy involved with Xenoblade because the music in that game I love, though I'll be interested to see what all comes from this group of particular talent.

DarrylTrainer

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai recognized Kingdom Hearts. I wish he'd put Sora in the game! Though the people here seem to hate that idea... Either way, I love Kingdom Hearts music!!

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
He's one of my favorite composers. Among other titles, he did:
- Tales series
- Dark Souls series
- Mario Golf / Tennis series
- Golden Sun series
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Kid Icarus: Uprising

In other words, you're correct.
If you listen to Theme of Battle (Tales of Destiny 2) and I think it was the sailing theme from Golden Sun, you can hear some of the same rhythms in the music! He's hands down one of my favorites!

Noticed he's not listed for Golden Sun ... are thy trying to be sneaky and hide Isaac?? I really hope so!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I do hope we get some ace attorney music though, seeing how they referenced it on the composer's list thingy

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Tell that to the Shulk thread. Everyone thinks he's confirmed now. :laugh:
If they're going by credentials for confirmed characters, then I guess it also confirms:

• FF character
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Monster Hunter
  • Dante
  • Sora
  • Danganronpa
  • Dr. Mario
  • Solid Snake
  • Tekken character
  • Paper Mario
  • Klonoa
  • Tanks
  • Drums
  • Katamari
  • Splatterhouse
  • Monkey D. Luffy
Hmm... still no Ridley?

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I do hope we get some ace attorney music though, seeing how they referenced it on the composer's list thingy
I wouldn't count on it. Those are just the composers' previous works.

Brawl's Dojo also had that and it has no bearing on the game's content.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I wouldn't count on it. Those are just the composers' previous works.

Brawl's Dojo also had that and it has no bearing on the game's content.
Yeah, I looked up the guy's works and he also composed for uprising, so he's probably there for that. (Wonder why he wasn't credited for that though, maybe he didn't do much in that game or something)

But still, I've been wanting a smash cornered remix ever since mega man was announced.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Regarding Shulk's "confirmation" because of the composer list, I'm sure there's no need to remind you all about that wonderful Golden Sun Battle Theme that played in Norfair without having Isaac as a playable character, right?

We may get Xenoblade Chronicles music and Shulk as an AT.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Regarding Shulk's "confirmation" because of the composer list, I'm sure there's no need to remind you all about that wonderful Golden Sun Battle Theme that played in Norfair without having Isaac as a playable character, right?

We may get Xenoblade Chronicles music and Shulk as an AT.
ya Buuuuuut golden sun didnt have as huge a following, a game coming out that nintendo was pushin hard OR as far as i know wasnt a game sakurai was a fan of its those things that make it(Xenoblade) have the higher priority

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
ya Buuuuuut golden sun didnt have as huge a following, a game coming out that nintendo was pushin hard OR as far as i know wasnt a game sakurai was a fan of its those things that make it(Xenoblade) have the higher priority
I'll give you that, but what I'm trying to say is that having a composer isn't a confirmation. If anything, it's a hint, but nothing more than that. Don't get my wrong, I like Shulk and I think he should be in the game, but this is not a confirmation like many Shulk supporters here are saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom