• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Weird. That's all Spanish except for the last one in French.
I've noticed. It is strange, but it will likely be fixed once the first music update is out. Since that part of the image is still unused, fixing that mistake likely isn't a priority.

Anyway, all I did was to change the language code in the URL.

us was English, so I tried the obvious language abbreviations:
jp - Japanese, fr - French, de - German, es - Spanish, it - Italian, pt - Portuguese, nl - Dutch, ru - Russian

These are also used throughout the site's directories, so it was an obvious guess.

I found more:

Latin American Spanish, Canadian French, British English and Australian English. Kind of redundant, to be honest.

Last edited:

Ozyroth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ozyroth
Nightmare yes!!!!

As Kirby my favorite franchise this update is amazing! All we need now is a Kirby stage now. Butter Building or Marx battle stage would me perfect

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Hey, Nightmare... how's it hangin'. :troll: Do your shoulder blades ache? They are a little blue. :troll:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Never really cared about Kirby games tbh, but damn Nightmare looks awesome.
But more importantly, King Dedede is finally in a potd again! Yay

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Can we just congratulate Sakurai that he has made a game with so much Content that Pics of the Day are even possible? It is insane that we (most of the time) get new information about the game every week day.
Yeah I really don't understand the hate towards Sakurai - he has put a whole ton of effort into a really complex and simple game that we all love. It doesn't matter if there is this one character that wasn't put in, and therefore we shouldn't buy the game and boycott Sakurai, it's childish.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Can we just congratulate Sakurai that he has made a game with so much Content that Pics of the Day are even possible? It is insane that we (most of the time) get new information about the game every week day.
This is one of the reasons I'm kinda sad some people don't use items. I mean, I have no problem with them playing the way they find more fun, but I feel like a lot of work is left unrecognized.

Sakurai is a beast in terms of adding content to his games, and that's why Smash Bros is one of the biggest experiences in the gaming industry.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
New Assist Trophy, same attack maneuver as another one. Nightmare simply does the exact same thing as Togepi's Night Shade move, though Togepi's moves are completely random.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
New Assist Trophy, same attack maneuver as another one. Nightmare simply does the exact same thing as Togepi's Night Shade move, though Togepi's moves are completely random.
Nightmare reverses the controlls as well, it seems. Or rather, it seems various things may happen + the Darkness. So it's not exactly the same. ^^

I want Togepi and Cleffairy back.

HohnTTD

Smash Cadet
Man, that Nightmare image is gorgeous. The fact that a people are getting confused if it's a 3D model or flat drawing speaks volumes about the artist who drew it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Great choice for an AT. A lot of people would have suggested Dark Matter or Marx but Kirby's Adventure is arguably the most important game in the franchise not only as a whole but for Kirby (first game with true copy abilities), Dedede (first game where he helps Kirby), and Metaknight (debut game) as individual characters so it deserves this kind of representation.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Kirby's adventure was my first Kirby game so it's cool to see Nightmare as an Assist Trophy. It's also very artistically well done, it almost fooled me on it being an actual 3D model. ^^

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Hints for Bandana Dee? Hints for Bandana Dee? Hints for Bandana Dee?
I Don't think so.....However, is it possible that Nightmare could just be a kick starter for a week of Villain-related news? I could see it now...

Monday: Nightmare Assist
Tuesday: Dark Pit Alt.?
Wednesday: A Stage Boss?
Thursday: A Villain-Related Stage?
Friday: Villains Trailer, revealing Ganondorf, Wolf, Wario, and Ridley?

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I Don't think so.....However, is it possible that Nightmare could just be a kick starter for a week of Villain-related news? I could see it now...

Monday: Nightmare Assist
Tuesday: Dark Pit Alt.?
Wednesday: A Stage Boss?
Thursday: A Villain-Related Stage?
Friday: Villains Trailer, revealing Ganondorf, Wolf, Wario, and Ridley?
I think Ridley should be kept for a Direct or something bigger. They could reveal King K. Rool, Ghirahim or some other less-requested villain. Ridley is the big deal (no pun intended), and I think he deserves a more important event.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Bloody Villain Monday Confirmed, Ridley and K. Rool will be confirmed a stage hazard or AT in the next few Mondays!
Oh come on. Although that said, I can easily see Ridley being hypothetically shown as a boss in another Smash Direct that elaborates on Boss Characters.

Last edited:

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Bloody Villain Monday Confirmed, Ridley and K. Rool will be confirmed a stage hazard or AT in the next few Mondays!
As I said before, an AT would be much better than just a Stage Hazard. Even if they don't get in as playable status, which I don't care about, an AT would be a greater status. You'll see them all the time in For Fun mode. Just like your Prince Sable.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Well that's an impressive AT, even though I didn't recognise him. I didn't even know there was other Kirby antagonists, but then again, I don't play much Kirby. Is he the only one without a good boss theme? :awesome:
King Dedede/Meta Knight are almost never the 'true' antagonist and they are usually actually trying to help Kirby/save the world as well.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So, he's actually 2D, right? His trophy will look awkward.
It looks like parts of him are 3D, like his arms, while other parts aren't. I guess we'll have to see it in motion before we can determine how it looks.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Best Assist Trophy in the game by far.

Unless King K. Rool is an Assist Trophy, heaven forbid. :/

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
The guy from Book of Mormon is in Smash Bros? AWESOME!!
It's coming to my town, I NEED TICKETS BUT I HAVE NO MONEY. Hasa diga eebowai.

Back on topic, I wonder if this is it for Kirby ATs. Kracko, Magolor and even Drawcia could be amazing Assist Trophies.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
It's coming to my town, I NEED TICKETS BUT I HAVE NO MONEY. Hasa diga eebowai.

Back on topic, I wonder if this is it for Kirby ATs. Kracko, Magolor and even Drawcia could be amazing Assist Trophies.
Kracko is probably one of the most iconic bosses in the Kirby series, so he would be a really nice Assist Trophy/stage hazard/Smash Run boss.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Kracko is probably one of the most iconic bosses in the Kirby series, so he would be a really nice Assist Trophy/stage hazard/Smash Run boss.
Yesssss, I've always loved Kracko! Also, with their return in Kirby Triple Deluxe, I wonder if Lolo and Lala will get a cameo or trophy in Smash 4.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Stage sometime this week I feel...

Though I wouldn't say no to another vet. :D
A 3DS Kirby stage HAS to be announced soon. We have no Kirby stages whatsoever on 3DS. Wii U has the Halberd at least.

And I'm pretty sure we'll see more vets (and newcomers) pretty soon. We just have to wait for the Direct.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
We're down to the last four weeks so brace yourselves for at least one of your hopes and dreams to get BTFO by the end of it. Chrom started things off only to be proceeded by Takamaru so, it begs the question, who is the next major megaton to get shot down?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The fact that we're a mere two days from the one year anniversary from when Ridley was teased is a strange mixture of hilariously ironic (since he was supposed to appear at any moment) and downright despicable given how the Ridley fanbase has been dragged around for just as long without a solid confirmation/disconfirmation. I imagine this place will tear itself apart on the off chance that a Direct is confirmed for Wednesday sometime tomorrow.

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
We're down to the last four weeks so brace yourselves for at least one of your hopes and dreams to get BTFO by the end of it. Chrom started things off only to be proceeded by Takamaru so, it begs the question, who is the next major megaton to get shot down?
I'd to see some stage bosses. I just want to see Palutena fighting Medusa in her temple.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
The fact that we're a mere two days from the one year anniversary from when Ridley was teased is a strange mixture of hilariously ironic (since he was supposed to appear at any moment) and downright despicable given how the Ridley fanbase has been dragged around for just as long without a solid confirmation/disconfirmation. I imagine this place will tear itself apart on the off chance that a Direct is confirmed for Wednesday sometime tomorrow.
Exactly. I would say that Ridley is the Geno of SSB4. But Geno wasn't ever teased or anything. Whenever we see Ridley's role in the game, and we know that he have a role, the whole Smash community will implode.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
That music stuff has got me super excited! I've been wanting a music update for...well since we started, kinda! Hearing the Skyward Sword remix in the april direct was awesome, as was the X/Y trainer battle remix at the end of the direct! Soundtracks are super important and I always pay more attention to music than I think is average? But maybe everyone loves music as much as me.

I'd expect us to get a music update at the end of the week along with a small site upgrade and a smash direct announcement, but I could also see us getting our site upgrade along with a veteran like last week with Meta Knight. I'm pretty sure they'd want one last trip on the hype train all the way to launch by having a direct and revealing veterans, a newcomer, modes, stages, and so on, but if they don't want to do that, I'll be confused and they havta start announcing more veterans cause theres like 24ish days left to launch! We have...what, under 20 pic of the days left...? Wow.

Strap in folks. No time for filler! Unless there's a direct of course. In that case, if I see filler I'm going to be pretty much convinced a direct is coming. I mean, I'm already really convinced we'll get a direct, but... even more convinced than that! And by filler I mean stuff we already know about with a silly caption. Like Rosalina sleeping or Luigi's nose or Wii Fit Trainer sleeping. The definition of filler was a little wonky a week or two ago. I say that cause we've been getting new info lots in lots lately. Alright, I've talked too much, gatta work on being more concise, see ya later!

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I had no prior knowledge of the Kirby series' content save for the intelligence contained in Brawl's trophies, and I'm really happy with today's caption because it made me discover a character/boss I didn't know about, which is why I love SSB - more and more facts to discover about Nintendo's magic!

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I had no prior knowledge of the Kirby series' content save for the intelligence contained in Brawl's trophies, and I'm really happy with today's caption because it made me discover a character/boss I didn't know about, which is why I love SSB - more and more facts to discover about Nintendo's magic!
This is actually one of the things I enjoy the most about Smash. Just by reading the trophy descriptions you can have a lot of little knowledge about almost everything Nintendo has ever made. That's why I was so happy with last week's PotD that said there's more trophies on the 3DS version than in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom