• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Dragonite, Axew, Hydreigon, and Garchomp disconfirmed.
And Hydreigon. It's behind Meta.

Anywho

"Looks like there was an impostor in the earlier posts, so I introduced him to my sword!" ...I'll leave it up to your imagination if he really said that or not. The veteran hero, Meta Knight, returns to battle!! We didn't forget the Battleship Halberd either!!

Meta Knight's Up Special Move, Shuttle Loop, changed quite a bit in this game. The glide is gone, and the attack slashes opponents twice while spinning in a large loop. This has turned into a highly technical and effective move.

Meta-Nerfs confirmed.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Meta Knight returned with a version of Shuttle Loop that sounds way risker to throw out on block? What a fantastic update; Shuttle Loop was one of the three core reasons MK was way too good in Brawl.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Good news, I FINALLY got to see my main, and he looks ****ing amazing!

Bad news, my signature is no longer symmetrical. Hurry up Jigglypuff!

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Man, I went though all the trouble carving out each and every name (of the members at least) into all these tombstones to commemorate those who lost their lives in the Hype Train Massacre of August 13th, 2014. And for nothing!

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
A few minutes before the Meta Knight reveal, my Internet went out for some reason. I had to follow this thread through my iPad's cellular service. What awful timing. At least it's back up now.

So Meta Knight, huh? Like many have said, it was definitely worth the wait. I have to say that I love the detail they gave his sword slashes. I'm sure many are happy to see him return.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I guess we know why it took so long, not only a veteran, but all of the info.

Shroob

Sup?
So.... am I the only one not super hyped since it was friggen obvious he was coming back? He, Wario, Captain Falcon, and Game&Watch were all long overdue.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
gosh...site is crashing!!!

I hope this message gets trough.

Ok, I check things:

4 sections were added.

First is meta knight page and now, it;s broken (no background and the render is off). I wasn't able to view the 10 images large, but you may try.

Second is a section about basics controls that really, is boring.

Third is very interesting. The branching path mode is indeed classic mode and there's other new info in there about modes.

Finally, some stages. I want to point out that nor pyrosphere, nor Paper Mario stage is present on this page. This means that thiose might have been ignored for teasing. It's not that much in itself, but it's worth mentioning. Most of the stages are already known teases.

That explains the delay to update so much info. And even then, the MK page is unfinished so it should have been even more late.

However, I think it points towards a direct very soon. We're getting so much that they can't all do in potd, but they want to tease us for more. I predict a low chance this week, but VERY likely next week.

That's what I gathered, but I was really quick so I skipped some parts.

EDIT: the MK page is fixed now!

Last edited:

QJD1381

Smash Apprentice
I guess explaining that S Flag on Tuesday was so dang important that the punchline to the Meta Knight tease had to wait a day.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Couldn't sleep; had to see what pic was.

To find that Meta Miércoles happened.

With some extra info pages (which explains the long wait).

Staarih

Smash Master
Great to have Meta Knight back, quite a random day for his reveal haha. Guess it's a no-no for Ganondorf tomorrow now. Ah well, maybe something else Zelda-related then.

DarkNintendo2000

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nagol200
3DS FC
1203-9221-6411
Ok, wow. This was one of the funnest experiences I've ever had awaiting for the Pic of the Day. The absolute, unadulterated hype was fantastic, and the pay off was so amazing with all the new news on the site, I can't wait for tomorrow! Maybe still Ganondorf reveal...?

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Just wait until we find out MK's landing lag has been reduced as a result of the feedback received from the Invitational. Not everyone else's, just MK's.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
it loaded slow and my heart stopped beating for a min when I seen the purple wings andthought he finally deconfirmed ridley

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Wow, at least this late pic amounted to something pretty great! Meta Knight is looking sweet, especially with the battle damage and those (random) gauntlets. Who wants to bet that those'll be used to explain how Meta-Knight is now "slower, but a harder target to KO." :awesome:

I'm really hoping he ditches the mach tornado in favor of a sword beam...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Amy Rose also has a trophy on the solo mode page.

Not that she really had a chance of playable status or anything.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Target Blast Angry Birds thing but no regular Break the Targets? Maybe it's a Wii U exclusive thing? Hopefully each target test is individualized again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom