• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
With all of this anticipation, I'm gonna laugh if we just get a NES or SNES stage to compliment the Game Boy one instead. lol

Not that I'd have a problem with that at all~

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Yeah Brawl's menu and CSS just makes me go "eh...", but I love the look of the Wii U CSS.
The main menu looked ok (the one in this game is actually similar except better colors).

But I agree for the CSS. It's...how can I put this...bland?

Because the WiiU one really looks appealing.

Actually, what didn't help is that I disliked the whole arstyle of brawl (especially in the audio departmement...I don't know how I can describe this, but I had the feeling that several sound effects was too similar and not fitting). So far, I like the ssb4 one (I mean at least toon link is way more bright).

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
With all of this anticipation, I'm gonna laugh if we just get a NES or SNES stage to compliment the Game Boy one instead. lol

Not that I'd have a problem with that at all~
I'd actually love a SNES stage, because that was in the same generation as Game Boy. Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Fire Emblem, Earthbound. The SNES had so many great games that would look great in HD.

Oh yeah, and it'd be funny to have a DKC part thrown into the mix.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
The main menu looked ok (the one in this game is actually similar except better colors).

But I agree for the CSS. It's...how can I put this...bland?

Because the WiiU one really looks appealing.

Actually, what didn't help is that I disliked the whole arstyle of brawl (especially in the audio departmement...I don't know how I can describe this, but I had the feeling that several sound effects was too similar and not fitting). So far, I like the ssb4 one (I mean at least toon link is way more bright).
Yeah, overall the art style and menus of Wii U look awesome, but Brawl's were just off putting... all jagged and not-like-melee-smooth. A lot of it was out of place and inconsistent if you asked me. Melee's art style and menus were far more appealing.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I don't give a damn what we get tonight. It's a Monday. -realizes he said the same thing the night we got daybreak and flipped- I don't give a damn what we get tonight unless it's something specifically from KI:U...or a Krystal deconfirmation...cuz then I'll cry ;-;

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I think we will either see a new stage or an assist trophy today, following the deconfir-mondays we've been going through lately.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Brawl was Smash: Twilight Princess.
Look at all of that glorious brown and gray! This is MAN'S game about a bunch of colorful Nintendo mascots put in 50% grayscale saturation for realism because bright colors are for *******!

Yeah, that's pretty much how it felt to look at. ¦D

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Look at all of that glorious brown and gray! This is MAN'S game about a bunch of colorful Nintendo mascots put in 50% grayscale saturation for realism because bright colors are for ****ies!
If you want colour, play Skyward Sword...

toungue.gif

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Look at all of that glorious brown and gray! This is MAN'S game about a bunch of colorful Nintendo mascots put in 50% grayscale saturation for realism because bright colors are for ****ies!

The reason why I don't like Mushroomy Kingdom, the color palette. Brown and grey everywhere...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Brawl was Smash: Twilight Princess.
Edit: did I just contradicted myself? omg replace the second occurrence of tough by felt. That was dumb.

I never tough of that, but basically this is exactly what I tough.

Actually, that may also means I shouldn't play twilight princess (unless it makes more sense in that game). I may not like it.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

Honestly the highlight of the game for me was all the Mother 3 content. I mean, I got to fight Porky with Lucas and Ness at the same time! There was a New Pork City stage with the Ultimate Chimera as a hazard! It was all I ever hoped for and more. Except for the lack of Ridley.

Actually, that may also means I shouldn't play twilight princess (unless it makes more sense in that game). I may not like it.
It's alright. Midna's hot.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Welcome to the time when 'realistic' gritty graphics were the 'hip' thing at the time. Look at what 3D Zelda came before Twilight Princess: Windwaker and from what I've heard that game got a lot of hate when it first came out because 'ew cartoony childish graphics aren't cool'. Course I'm too lazy to do actual research to see if that's true or not and I'm pretty sure I heard that from my cousin and various comments on the internet so my apologies if that's a load of ****.

As for the Brawl menu, my main issue with it is that the background colour was white. Sure the buttons were coloured but when a good portion of the screen is white with a bit of grey it's really unappealing to the eye. I'd actually be okay with another menu shot so long as it isn't the same as the last one we got.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm predicting RETRO AT MONDAY again. But who will fall? Lip? Duck Hunt Dog? Captain Rainbow?

Hopefully Chunky Kong?

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Edit: did I just contradicted myself? omg replace the second occurrence of tough by felt. That was dumb.

I highly recommend it. Unpopular opinion; I prefer it to Ocarina of Time.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314

Twilight Princess was so so good until the last dungeon. Then I felt like the storyline just fell apart and left me angry.

Anyway, back on topic.

I'm gonna be the Negative Nancy and say I don't think we're getting a direct announcement this week. Maybe next week or the week after that, but I'm just not feeling it this week.

Tonight I predict... an explanation on how coins are earned.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Welcome to the time when 'realistic' gritty graphics were the 'hip' thing at the time. Look at what 3D Zelda came before Twilight Princess: Windwaker and from what I've heard that game got a lot of hate when it first came out because 'ew cartoony childish graphics aren't cool'. Course I'm too lazy to do actual research to see if that's true or not and I'm pretty sure I heard that from my cousin and various comments on the internet so my apologies if that's a load of ****.

As for the Brawl menu, my main issue with it is that the background colour was white. Sure the buttons were coloured but when a good portion of the screen is white with a bit of grey it's really unappealing to the eye. I'd actually be okay with another menu shot so long as it isn't the same as the last one we got.
I can understand different tastes in colors...

But toon link in twilight princess style in brawl...is not supposed to be the case (I disliked his design so much and I love how it looks now).

As for white, that's probably the most annoying color for me if it's near bright ones (and that's broad here like generally bright). It's because I have sight issues and I'm more sensitive to lights so black on white is fine, but cyan green (favorite color) on white is more an annoyance since that's too much light. That's why I'm fine with black or any dark color as background with everything in foreground.

So, I kinda agree.

Edit: I just realised I may get infractions so I should stop, but I don't have that much chances to talk about details like this and I like to do that.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Honestly the highlight of the game for me was all the Mother 3 content. I mean, I got to fight Porky with Lucas and Ness at the same time! There was a New Pork City stage with the Ultimate Chimera as a hazard! It was all I ever hoped for and more. Except for the lack of Ridley.
At least he was a boss with a bitchin' theme remix, right? Two bosses, technically. Baby steps.

The biggest thing for me in Brawl was Sonic and all I got was Green Hill #76 and a very ****ty moveset that should have taken things from Sonic Battle instead of Sonic the Fighters. Bleck. -~-

It's alright. Midna's hot.
I won't disagree with that. ¦D

Getting back to it...Actually, it's a bit early to be sitting here waiting for the pic.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
At least he was a boss with a *****in' theme remix, right? Two bosses, technically. Baby steps.

The biggest thing for me in Brawl was Sonic and all I got was Green Hill #76 and a very ****ty moveset that should have taken things from Sonic Battle instead of Sonic the Fighters. Bleck. -~-
Yeah that's true. The Meta Ridley battle on the Falcon Flyer was really good. And I guess it makes sense for villains and anti-heroes like Wario, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Wolf to get in before him. Brawl's roster was actually really good in retrospect.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Anybody looking forward to some Mii Fighter potd's tonight? On the bright side, at least we'll learn whether or not we can expect a newcomer reveal at Coro Coro.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
I'm gonna throw out a wild guess and say something Pac-Man related. We haven't seen much of the guy since E3, so I think we'll see a move explanation of his or something.

taoxadasa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
taoxadasa
3DS FC
2251-5157-5936
Dang it Sakurai, now I have to get a good night's sleep because it's so early.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Whoa, that's early! I can go to bed on time tonight!

Looks like the hats from the Mii Plaza on the 3DS. It'd be neat if you could transfer those to the Wii U, which is what it looks like you can do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom