• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
We've never seen Dorf before release, I kind of doubt we will this time too. In fact we've only got five historically unlockable characters revealed so far:

:4tlink::4falcon::4marth::4lucario::4luigi:

All the other veterans have been starters.

I would only guess :lucas::popo::metaknight::wario: to be veterans to be revealed before release.

edit: That leaves :rob::gw::ness2::jigglypuff::falco::wolf::ganondorf: and possibly :snake::mewtwopm: as release week leaks

edit edit: Oh my god we are five weeks away from the japanese launch!
My take on it is: there was a confirmed cut (at least one), right? So if it's Snake and/or Lucas, that would leave probably 1-3 veterans announced before the game releases, and another newcomer. Then, we might have 1-2 secret newcomers and the other hidden veterans.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
As far as I understand it all we were told was not everybody from Brawl would be returning. That could just be Squirtle and Ivysaur at this point. But yeah, Snake is probably gone too.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
As time goes on I have a feeling that Lucas is coming back, probably directly imported from Brawl. Also, my hope has smashed for Roy (curse you, Lucina and Robin).

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Seeing how characters like Ike, Lucario and Toon Link are back when a lot of people expected them to be Brawl-exclusive, I think we'll see most of Brawl characters returning, except for Squirtle and Ivysaur, of course, and probably Snake too.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Seeing how characters like Ike, Lucario and Toon Link are back when a lot of people expected them to be Brawl-exclusive, I think we'll see most of Brawl characters returning, except for Squirtle and Ivysaur, of course, and probably Snake too.
That sounds logical. But does that sound like Sakurai?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Do you see that you contradicted yourself there?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I agree, nobody will disagree that Wolf is obviously being cut.
Star Fox will get 6 character reps this time around, all clones of Fox. Wolf is cut.
I simultaneously agree and disagree. Wolf is most likely cut, but aside from the unconfirmed Falco, who else besides Crystal can rep?

inb4 slippy

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I'm confused in 2 things
Are we getting a pic tonight?
And, why is everyone so sure ivy and squirtle are cut? I can see why squirt le, but ivy was fun and would fit in with the grass - water - fire trio.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I'm confused in 2 things
Are we getting a pic tonight?
And, why is everyone so sure ivy and squirrel are cut? I can see why squirt le, but ivy was fun and would fit in with the grass - water - fire trio.
We will get one, as always. Why wouldn't we?

And I personally think we won't see Squirtle and Ivysaur again. Why? I don't know, but if they were back what would be the point of revealing just Charizard and not the three of them at once?

Networker1

Smash Journeyman

And I personally think we won't see Squirtle and Ivysaur again. Why? I don't know, but if they were back what would be the point of revealing just Charizard and not the three of them at once?
Because Saukurai is Sakurai. :troll:

Beczam1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Beczam1290
3DS FC
1075-1410-3647
So tomorrow is monday and that means a new potd time to start speculating. Some people including myself believe that the Smash Broadcast will be announced tommrow.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209

I was just confused with time zones, thanks for answering.
And why show game and watch in Pac mans trailer and not announce him? Sakurai is weird. But I mainly asked this question because everyone just seems to take it as fact, and I don't know the reasoning.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I was just confused with time zones, thanks for answering.
And why show game and watch in Pac mans trailer and not announce him? Sakurai is weird. But I mainly asked this question because everyone just seems to take it as fact, and I don't know the reasoning.
Yeah, a lot of people take things as a fact, but you can't do that when Sakurai is the one giving the information. He's well known for teasing us, tricking us into thinking stuff and then doing something nobody expected. See Robin's reveal, for example.

I'm confused as to why would he show Mr. G&W in Pac-Man's trailer without officially revealing him later, but I'm sure it's because he will be unlockable and he doesn't want to reveal him yet.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I sort of want a veteran reveal next week - honestly I would've traded the Game Boy stage reveal for any veteran.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I'd probably die of laughter if the Monday potd is Sakurai posting the CoroCoro scans on Miiverse. Turns out that he's the leaker.

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
So tomorrow is monday and that means a new potd time to start speculating. Some people including myself believe that the Smash Broadcast will be announced tommrow.
For truck's sake Beczam, don't get my hopes up :o :p , it makes the disappointed for it not happening so much worse :'(

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Hopefully we'll see a new character this coming week, whether it'll be a regular veteran announcement or a newcomer in a Direct or stream, it's that time of the month after all.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I'm starting to believe that Wario really will be revealed in a newcomer trailer, so I guess I'll hype Ness instead.
I'm pretty sure he'll be the next one we'll see, actually. Him or maybe Ganondorf, as Sakurai apparently has no problem revealing veterans who used to be unlockable.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Soooo, what are we expecting this week to be revealed? More stages? New assist trophies? A veteran character? Explanations of old stages? Wario?

I'm taking all hypothetical bets. :4luigi:

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Soooo, what are we expecting this week to be revealed? More stages? New assist trophies? A veteran character? Explanations of old stages? Wario?

I'm taking all hypothetical bets. :4luigi:

A highly-requested character being thrown into that rotting pit that is being an Assist Trophy, a stage, something about game modes or game features and something else.

And, maybe, a veteran. And, if we're VERY lucky, a Direct.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I really hope tomorrow has a picture with a caption stating there will be a Nintendo Direct on Tuesday focused on Smash bros...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom