• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Ba-Ding! I couldn't help but laugh when I saw that... though it did make me feel old this morning.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ba-ding we finished this weeks potds with a game boy stage

See you next week with corocoro info

(And probably hype for the smash direct since we are almost to the japan release.)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Some of you may be too young here to remember the days before the Gameboy but I feel this song sums it up pretty well.

The Gameboy was the first system that I personally owned so this is definitely going to be nostalgic for me. Games that I'd like to see referenced on this stage somehow:

-Super Mario Land
-Super Mario Land 2: the Six Golden Coins
-Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land
-Wario Land II
-Tetris
-Kirby's Dreamland
-Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
-Metroid II: Return of Samus
-Donkey Kong Land
-Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
-Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters
-Game and Watch Gallery
-Mole Mania

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Some of you may be too young here to remember the days before the Gameboy but I feel this song sums it up pretty well.

The Gameboy was the first system that I personally owned so this is definitely going to be nostalgic for me. Games that I'd like to see referenced on this stage somehow:

-Super Mario Land
-Super Mario Land 2: the Six Golden Coins
-Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land
-Wario Land II
-Tetris
-Kirby's Dreamland
-Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
-Metroid II: Return of Samus
-Donkey Kong Land
-Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
-Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters
-Game and Watch Gallery
-Mole Mania
Yes to every single bit of this. I remember playing every one of those games, and even if they're just static background pictures, I'll be happy if they're referenced. This is honestly one of my favorite stages in all of Smash history just because of the nostalgia and possibilities. We'll have to see if it lives up to expectations.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Hmmm, wonder if we will continue to get 1-3 3DS stages a week until Japanese launch. We still have a lot of franchises that need stages. Still shocked we haven't seen a portable Kirby stage yet.

Last edited:

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
Okay I have one cool idea for the stage. What if the fighter's jump into all the handhelds? From like all the gameboy designs like advance and color, and then the DS and 3DS.

Cool idea or no?

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
I'm not usually one to go on and on about nostalgia and such, but...

Mashedpotato Samurai said:
"♪Ba-ding!♪"
hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngg dat nostalgia

The original Gameboy was the very first Nintendo anything I owned. Donkey Kong, Tetris, and Pokemon Red were also some of the first games I ever played rather than just watching my brother play. That "ba-ding" really tickles a spot in my brain in a way that's hard to describe. Embarrass

Coming back to reality for a second, the stage looks Flatzone inspired. I'm guessing this is a zoomed out view like when you pause on Flatzone. Normally the Game Boy screen probably takes up the whole screen. I'm assuming walk-offs and lots of stage hazards based on classic Game Boy games. So #BANNED for sure, but here's hoping for some awesome medleys. :b:

Also, best Kirby and Dedede color pallets confirmed! :colorful:

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
This stage is probably the best way to sneak a Dr. Mario reference in Smash 4. The game itself was released on the Game Boy the same day it was released on the NES, so it technically counts, and the fighters can fight in a randomly generated assortment of Viruses and Capsules in Dr. Mario's Pill Bottle whenever the Dr. Mario portion comes up. That would be neat.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Except the issue is that the 3DS stages will only get a limit of 2 songs per stage, including the Game Boy stage.
The idea would be that the songs themselves would be medleys like the NES one on Mario Bros., but it would try to sync up with the changes. Or not, who knows? But it would be very easy.

I mean, you can't really choose just 2 songs to represent the Gameboy, so chances are there will definitely be a medley, if not both tracks.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Love the new stage btw. I noticed that the 3DS version is taking from retro stuff much more than the WiiU one. A NES Remix stage for WiiU would be awesome, especially if countered by NintendoLand's.

I can see it now:

"POTD. Brand new stage for the Wii U version: the Nintendo Wii! Characters fight on the Wii Channel select screen. Exciting new weather as it breaks live, from the Weather Channel!"
If the weather of the level changed with the the weather report this would actually be pretty cool

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
*Starts with a Gameboy character for the pic of the day then ends the week with a Gameboy stage*
Oh Sakurai..
Well, I'm happy for that. With most of the content coming from 3DS titles (except for the Spirit Tracks and Black & White stages), I was worried we wouldn't get some references from older portable consoles and games...

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
First consoles I owned were a Gameboy Color and the N64 so I can't ride the nostalgia train as much as some of you. My cousin had/has a Gameboy and an SNES though (sucks not having gamer parents :c) so I did get to see one as a kid.

I'm not sure how I feel about this stage just because of the 3DS' music limitations. There's Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, Metroid and Tetris just to name a few series that were on the Gameboy and yet we can only have two songs. Sure there can be a medley or two but unless the stage goes in a specific pattern we could end up hearing the Mario part of a medley on the Metroid part of the stage :/.

It's also one of the uglier looking stages. Might be nostalgic but that doesn't change that monochrome green on the entire part of the screen you'll actually be looking at will be rather unappealing.

Also yay to seeing white Kirby ^^ and bleh to that brownish Dedede.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
First consoles I owned were a Gameboy Color and the N64 so I can't ride the nostalgia train as much as some of you. My cousin had/has a Gameboy and an SNES though (sucks not having gamer parents :c) so I did get to see one as a kid.

I'm not sure how I feel about this stage just because of the 3DS' music limitations. There's Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, Metroid and Tetris just to name a few series that were on the Gameboy and yet we can only have two songs. Sure there can be a medley or two but unless the stage goes in a specific pattern we could end up hearing the Mario part of a medley on the Metroid part of the stage :/.

It's also one of the uglier looking stages. Might be nostalgic but that doesn't change that monochrome green on the entire part of the screen you'll actually be looking at will be rather unappealing.

Also yay to seeing white Kirby ^^ and bleh to that brownish Dedede.
My first system was the GameCube so I have to agree, but it's still neat for sure!

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Is Gamescom really that big? It sounds familiar but... I dunno... we were all kinda hoping for something from Comic-con, but...
I dunno, maybe I'm just not informed. (After more googling) Oh, they'll have a Smash tournament, but Nintendo hasn't really made a big deal of, and has even just skipped, Gamescom before. Seeing as it starts August 12 or 13, Sakurai might've mentioned it on Miiverse if something was ganna happen...

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Gamescom's next week- we're likely to get a Direct there, if Nintendo and Sakurai say something about it next week.
We may get a Direct during, but it won't be there. It probably won't even be related if it happens. The 14th will likely see Ganondorf via POTD to celebrate the release of Hyrule Warriors.

But, I don't know, maybe Gamescom is bigger than I think.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
We've never seen Dorf before release, I kind of doubt we will this time too. In fact we've only got five historically unlockable characters revealed so far:

:4tlink::4falcon::4marth::4lucario::4luigi:

All the other veterans have been starters.

I would only guess :lucas::popo::metaknight::wario: to be veterans to be revealed before release.

edit: That leaves :rob::gw::ness2::jigglypuff::falco::wolf::ganondorf: and possibly :snake::mewtwopm: as release week leaks

edit edit: Oh my god we are five weeks away from the japanese launch!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom